Locked 1971 posts
2012 Wishlist
  • Metalwrath

Re: 2012 Wishlist

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Well Andy is a metalhead aswell as a promoter.
    Maybe he jsut went there to get drunk and see bands?

Never even crossed my mind... but I still doubt that was the reason for him being there.

well considering a lot of band negotations don't go through the band but rather true their tour promoter/manager it's highly more likely he was talking to the promoters than the bands themselves.
    Anyway jsut because he runs this cruise doesn't mean he doesn't have a life like the rest of us.
    Like i said he could jsut as easily been over there to enjoy a festival
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:19 am

viathyn wrote:Watch this and tell me this band wouldn't be fucking EPIC on the pool deck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0KiB1wQ2ZY

ORPHANED LAND FOR 70K. HOLY SHIT.

I could get behind that! :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

Yeah that'd be amazing.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 am

I've been listening to them for a while, and I saw some of their performances from the Global Metal documentary... I just didn't know they commanded an audience so much like in that video... awesome live sound, awesome live vocals. They would be great.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 am

Disaster Area wrote:I could get behind that! :cheers:

save that for the wife
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 am

viathyn wrote:I've been listening to them for a while, and I saw some of their performances from the Global Metal documentary... I just didn't know they commanded an audience so much like in that video... awesome live sound, awesome live vocals. They would be great.

Remember the audience probably knew this was being taped. And wasn't this in theoir home country? Not a fertile ground of metal, so that probably accencuates it.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 am

KevinP wrote:
    viathyn wrote:I've been listening to them for a while, and I saw some of their performances from the Global Metal documentary... I just didn't know they commanded an audience so much like in that video... awesome live sound, awesome live vocals. They would be great.

Remember the audience probably knew this was being taped. And wasn't this in theoir home country? Not a fertile ground of metal, so that probably accencuates it.

Agreed.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:59 am

KevinP wrote:

Yes, of course (on both counts), but that doesn't take away from the quality of the performance. I'm sure playing an event like 70K would be an energy feeder to the band as well!

Please check out my band

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

viathyn wrote:Watch this and tell me this band wouldn't be fucking EPIC on the pool deck!

Fuck yes for Orphaned Land!!!!!!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Yes! I saw them opening for Katatonia and they were great!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 pm

KDibildox wrote:Yes! I saw them opening for Katatonia and they were great!

I actually drove 2 hours to see that tour specifically for Orphaned Land (not a Katatonia fan)... I was not disappointed, it was great
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:07 pm

I was mostly looking forward to Katatonia, but OL was a nice surprise
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Orphaned Land is one of my very favorite bands for many reasons. I discovered them relatively recently (a few years ago) when I saw them in the documentary Global Metal. Around the same time I saw and read a new book where I work called Heavy Metal Islam: Rock, Resistance, and the Struggle for the Soul of Islam by Mark LeVine - http://www.meaning.org/hmi_book.html - that includes a discussion of the band. Author LeVine refers to them as the "most influential band in the Middle East." Some months later I found out they were going to be in Chicago in the spring of 2010 and at Wacken 2010!! (saw both gigs - great! - and met lead singer Kobi Farhi in Chicago) And to top all that off - I discovered that their latest album (Never Ending Way of the ORWarriOR) was produced by one of my musical heroes of all time - Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, etc.)! And Jake - that link you posted is awesome! Had not seen it before - and Wilson is in it!!! :cool: I think they would be amazing on the cruise and very willing to talk/socialize with the fans - they have been very open about discussing the whole experience of creating music in the Middle East (not quite Scandinavia, now is it? ;) ), e.g. the fact that they have Arab (Muslim)and Israeli (Jewish) fans, etc. Well - and of course, their music is quite fantastic & unique imo - so they would make for a great addition to the 70K "mix" ;) .

There are some great interviews/videos on youtube...here are a few:
    Steven Wilson on Orphaned Land: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGRtpOvSyg (short but to the point)
    OL talking about the experience of opening for their youth idols: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75lYtQetTZ4
    the song Sapari http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi1yf97paw middle-eastern rock/metal - yeah!!
    Last edited by Laura on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 pm

I would LOVE to have Orphaned Land onbroad. Meredith would too. That makes +2 more.
    Do It!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Bentz! wrote:I would LOVE to have Orphaned Land onbroad. Meredith would too. That makes +2 more.
    Do It!

:heavydrink: oh - and while I'm here Bentz! - I decided to bail on Children of Bodom, DT, SF, & Obscura next week (don't know enough of the music of any of these bands - plus it's a busy week) - but am down for Kuma's for lunch on Thursday or Friday!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Laura wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:I would LOVE to have Orphaned Land onbroad. Meredith would too. That makes +2 more.
    Do It!

:heavydrink: oh - and while I'm here Bentz! - I decided to bail on Children of Bodom, DT, SF, & Obscura next week (don't know enough of the music of any of these bands - plus it's a busy week) - but am down for Kuma's for lunch on Thursday or Friday!

Oh, so now that you have a super cute puppy at home, you can no longer be a raging gig whore? I get it, you've got responsibilities... ;) :lol:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 am

^^^^ :lol: raging gig whore? Not quite - I only go to 2 shows a month on average ;) ...so the other 28 or so days of each month I'm pretty low-key :shock: :P (and a good thing perhaps!)

Re: this wishlist thread - some people were talking about At the Gates and I see we both have them on our sigs. Did you see them on that reunion tour in summer 2008? They were at House of Blues here with Darkest Hour & Municipal Waste - one of my fave shows of that year for sure! (loved MW too - bought some of their stuff after, but DH was just ok as I recall). Never thought I'd get the chance to see At the Gates again - but who knows? Maybe they'd dig the cruise idea! :cool:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Laura wrote:^^^^ :lol: raging gig whore? Not quite - I only go to 2 shows a month on average ;) ...so the other 28 or so days of each month I'm pretty low-key :shock: :P (and a good thing perhaps!)

Re: this wishlist thread - some people were talking about At the Gates and I see we both have them on our sigs. Did you see them on that reunion tour in summer 2008? They were at House of Blues here with Darkest Hour & Municipal Waste - one of my fave shows of that year for sure! (loved MW too - bought some of their stuff after, but DH was just ok as I recall). Never thought I'd get the chance to see At the Gates again - but who knows? Maybe they'd dig the cruise idea! :cool:

No I didn't make it to that show. Can't remember why, but I'm kicking myself for not going.

ATG and Municipal Waste are both welcome onbroad in my book.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Ravenlord AKA Arch Wadin'hory wrote: Wishlist 2012:angry-::-annihilatron-::-arkuilibriona-::-cage-thrower-::-crimson-hole-::-dadidada-::-deadgirl-::-diabolical-masterplan-::-dimmu-and-wizards-::-except-::-fisted-sister-::-grim-creeper-::-Heideschand-::-impellittelloween-::-jag-paragon-::-jizzy-borgir-::-kamelto-::-madder-gwartem-::-necrofalconist-::-nocturnal-riots-::-overmaul-::-tankard-skill-::-wasp-symphony-::-winthervolkion-::-zimmers-glory-::-zweiherjer

Maybe I'm late to the party, but....
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I love crimson-hole, kamelto and jizzy borgir!!

(zimmers-glory-hole would've been nice)
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Bentz! wrote:(zimmers-glory-hole would've been nice)

But then what would I have done with Crimson?

Personally, I would like to see Dimmu And Wizards and Necrofalconist. Both sound awesome.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:06 am

@kjaxin: I'm glad I caught your previous post - so far nagging-about-everything was indeed the one thing I associated with you ;) :cheers:

about Orphaned Land: their debut(?) was interesting, but I started disliking OL once I had to realize their fans are all morons; I can't tell what exactly it is but they drive me nervous and somehow aggressive...

about Scorpions: I so want to see'em one more time, but I just can't arrange to attend a concert; for example, the one time they'll play in Switzerland, I'll be at Wacken...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:12 am

last_candle wrote:about Scorpions: I so want to see'em one more time, but I just can't arrange to attend a concert; for example, the one time they'll play in Switzerland, I'll be at Wacken...

Why do their Swiss performances always seem to be in the French part?

I'm always looking for an excuse to head to Zurich when I can. They would be a great excuse.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:24 am

at the beginning of their farewell tour, they actually did play Zurich - but it was poorly promoted and far from being sold out
    I want to to to Rock Oz'Arène for years, because the atmosphere must be phenomenal - The Scorpions would have been the perfect band for my first visit
    ...but it's true, they've come to the French part of Switzerland more than to the German speaking part
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:36 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    viathyn wrote:A naked catfight?

I think you're pushing your luck with that one. Bikini catfight is the best possible scenario.

But I haven't heard a Turisas announcement, so no reason to sharpen my claws just yet. ;)

TURISAS :headbanger:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 pm

BierVulf wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    viathyn wrote:A naked catfight?

I think you're pushing your luck with that one. Bikini catfight is the best possible scenario.

But I haven't heard a Turisas announcement, so no reason to sharpen my claws just yet. ;)

TURISAS :headbanger:

TURISAAAAAAAAS!

Please check out my band

AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

:lol: You guys are great.

Seriously though. Turisas. On broad. Do want.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

I think I might be a Turisas whore.
    Craigslist ad: Wanted- Turisas announcement. Willing to trade bikini.

God my boyfriend hates me. :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I be a whore.

and an Alaskan
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:26 pm

KevinP wrote:

and an Alaskan

Thanks Kevin. :lol: Always so charming.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:27 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

and an Alaskan

Thanks Kevin. :lol: Always so charming.

It's what woos the ladies every time :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

KevinP wrote:

and an Alaskan

:lol: :lol: :lol: you are so evil :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

KDibildox wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are so evil :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take that as a compliment :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:03 pm

:cheers:
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 am

metalWolf wrote:Alestorm
    Orden Ogan
    Avantasia/Edguy
    Concept Insomnia
    Children of Bodom
    Dimma (from Iceland)
    Airbourne
    Helloween
    Subway to Sally
    Eläkeläiset
    Powerwolf
    GWAR
    Hammerfall
    Fates Warning
    Volbeat
    Iron Maiden

and would like 2C again (and again and again):
    Gamma Ray
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Sabaton
    Moonspell
    Sodom
    Ensiferum
    Sonata Arctica (but they must play White Pearl this time!!!)

... saw Orphaned Land at W:O:A last year. So sorry I forgot them - Ofc they MUST come on board! :headbanger:
    And next band is AXEL RUDI PELL

So, since HAMMERFALL is already lined up, here's my update:

Alestorm
    Orden Ogan
    Avantasia/Edguy
    Orphaned Land
    Concept Insomnia
    Children of Bodom
    Dimma (from Iceland)
    Axel Rudi Pell
    Airbourne
    Helloween
    Subway to Sally
    Eläkeläiset
    Powerwolf
    GWAR
    Fates Warning
    Volbeat
    Iron Maiden

and would like 2C again (and again and again):
    Gamma Ray
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Sabaton
    Moonspell
    Sodom
    Ensiferum
    Sonata Arctica (but they MUST play White Pearl this time!!!)
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 am

metalWolf wrote:And next band is AXEL RUDI PELL

I'm sorry... what?
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Thought of a few more I wouldn't mind seeing...

Morgana Lefay ( They need a big break for once in their career )
    Iron Savior
    Virgin Steele ( doing a special Invictus heavy set )
    Wotan
    Doomsword
    Mithotyn Reunion
    Hollow ( from Sweden )
    Dream Evil
    Dragonheart from Brazil.
    Rebellion
    Memento Mori Reunion with Messiah of course!
    Dawn of Winter
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Okay, post #1111. :twisted: I'll make a wish while you're still in Sweden, so give us...

Thanks in advance! :death:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Make it happen Gnoff! Horgh may be a little bulky so you'll have to make other arrangements, but I'm sure Pete and Mike can fit in your checked luggage. :mrgreen:

:cheers:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Atta boy! :D :D :D :D
    :party:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:38 pm

gnoff wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Okay, post #1111. :twisted: I'll make a wish while you're still in Sweden, so give us...

Thanks in advance! :death:

:cheers: :deathmetal:

I'll drink to that! :heavydrink:
Locked 1971 posts