Slayer
    Goatwhore
    Arch Enemy
    Opeth
    Chthonic
    Behemoth

I would be okay with:

Dimmu Borgir
    Cradle of Filth (ONLY if they play ONLY old stuff)
    Hail of Bullets (for Stroopwafels)
    Katatonia

All the rest I either am indifferent but wouldn't mind on broad to keep others happy, don't know or flat out can't stand :D
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

Re: 2012 Wishlist

by Ktulured55 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:23 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    But that makes them all cool, jazzy and ultra sophisticated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider me confused about the instruments at the knees remark as well :? :? :?

Add me to the confused list :lol:

chimaira and devildriver... numetal.... pretty obvious reference

also, guitars played higher on the chest is typically associated with jazz style learning... though some who do it could just be posturing

LOL :lol: Chimaira and Devildriver are not 'nu metal'. What the heck you talking about? Have you even heard more than a fraction of one of their songs? And they don't hold their instruments that low. Usually holding a guitar higher helps play higher notes down the guitar neck so if a guitarist is playing with their guitar like that, usually they solo more often. Some bands hold their instruments lower because it's more comfortable or they may stand in a balanced 'power stance'' (see James Hetfield). People do depending on how they play, lots of times bass players can 'wear' their bass lower because they will not have to play too high up unless they are prog or just depending on how they play.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:32 pm

only numetal fans think those bands aren't numetal
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Metalheads have a bad habit of saying anything they don't like isn't real metal. Chimaira and Devildriver definitely suck their fair share of balls, but they are much more metal than nu.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm

I gotta agree with Steve on that argument. As much as they suck, they definitely aren't nu metal (though DevilDriver's first album was).
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:33 pm

To add: I think they would fall under whatever the hell that groove metal genre is. Meh, not worth the argument in the end. They suck. End of story :mrgreen:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 pm

You're right, it's not worth the argument. Kent, Chimaira is fucking awesome, but they wouldn't "fit the bill." I'd much rather listen to Chimaira and Devildriver than that silly "folk metal" or weenie unicorn metal.
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:only numetal fans think those bands aren't numetal

lol..great quote!!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:You're right, it's not worth the argument. Kent, Chimaira is fucking awesome, but they wouldn't "fit the bill." I'd much rather listen to Chimaira and Devildriver than that silly "folk metal" or weenie unicorn metal.

If there are less "silly folk metal" and "weenie unicorn metal" and more bands like Chimaira and Devikdriver I will gladly sell my cabin to some of their fans or cancel my ticket because I would consider that cruise to be a waste of money and I would rather use the funds to go to another fest.

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm

To each his own. :cheers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Everyone please remove your panties from the cracks in your asses. Thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm

KevinP wrote:Everyone please remove your panties from the cracks in your asses. Thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:You're right, it's not worth the argument. Kent, Chimaira is fucking awesome, but they wouldn't "fit the bill." I'd much rather listen to Chimaira and Devildriver than that silly "folk metal" or weenie unicorn metal.

If there are less "silly folk metal" and "weenie unicorn metal" and more bands like Chimaira and Devikdriver I will gladly sell my cabin to some of their fans or cancel my ticket because I would consider that cruise to be a waste of money and I would rather use the funds to go to another fest.

+1. No nu-metal faggotry on the cruise
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm

mooyagi wrote::lol: The only one on that list I'd be okay with is Goatwhore. No wonder we didn't hang out much on the boat, only in Miami.

:lol:
  • Growler72
    Wiper

by Growler72 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:03 am

Bloodbath
    Decapitated
    Mortal Sin
    Sacred Reich
    Flotsam & Jetsam
    Lizzy Borden
    Skyclad
    Gojira
    Overkill
    Between The Buried and Me
    Morbid Angel
    Demonaz
    Paradise Lost
    Sadus
    Bolt Thrower
    Tryptikon
    Candlemass
    Entombed
    Chimaira
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Fantomas
    Fozzy
    Katatonia
    King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

Would be over the moon if 3 or 4 of these were announced :shred:
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 am

shenanigansss wrote:After listening to the new Decapitated, I kind of would hope to see the new line up on here. Sounds a heck of a lot better than I was expecting

I saw them when they headlined Summer Slaughter last year with the new line up. They were such a disappointment considering how much I enjoy the first three albums. I'd vote Trauma, Vader, or Behemoth before I would Decapitated these days.

Even though they disbanded again in 2009, I'd want a second Metal Church reunion. A shame that David Wayne died. He was their best vocalist by far.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    Hans Netherlands
    Wiper

by Hans Netherlands » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Oomph!!!!!!!! :cheers:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 am

Nightwish OK!
    Therion OK!
    Stratovarius OK!
    Northern Kings (Classic rock covers with heavy make up woukl be the perfect fit 4 the trip!)
    Epica
    Avantasia
    Tarot
    Kamelot
    Lacuna Coil
    Apocalyptica
    Syrens Call
    Dimmu Borgir
    Sonata Arctica
    Visions of Atlantis
    The Bite Show from Las Vegas!, it would be great to have some kind of teatrical show with a band playing
    Ozzy !! jaja

Heavy riffs, New friends, Pretty girls, Tons of beer, Hard drums, Legendary lyrics and the sea!!! Cheers! :shred: :heavydrink:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

At least somebody's got their eye on my wishlist! ;)

Rejoice for Sept 27th! (Friday night's gonna be cool too!)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 am

After seeing one of the most attrocius performances live at Wacken over the last hour i Un-Wish Helloween to play on the cruise.
    Fuck you Helloween! :evil:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 am

What was wrong with it?
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:29 am

Ravenlord wrote:What was wrong with it?

Eeverything.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am

Well I saw them in 2008 and they were great. Have heard they are a hit and miss band though. Have heard some bad live stuff.

Certainly doesn't put me off wanting them for the cruise.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Well that sucks :twisted: We don't want hit or miss bands for the cruise. We want bands that always bring their best!
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Nightwish OK!
    Therion OK!
    Stratovarius OK!
    Northern Kings (Classic rock covers with heavy make up would be the perfect fit 4 the trip!)
    Epica
    Avantasia
    Tarot
    Kamelot
    Lacuna Coil
    Apocalyptica
    Syrens Call
    Dimmu Borgir
    Sonata Arctica
    Ozzy !! jaja

Heavy riffs, New friends, Pretty girls, Tons of beer, Hard drums, Legendary lyrics and sea!!! Cheers! :shred: :heavydrink:
    Cheers!

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 pm

He.. sorry about repeating the last post, I'm still learning to use the forum..
    By te way:
    Deck 3 Cabin 3500
    If u wanna share a couple of beers .. or a couple of couples he! :death: :cheers:
    Cheers!

Snailking
    Oiler

by Snailking » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:43 am

Only a short wishlist as the announced ones are ok.

Evil One
    Beehler
    Kyuss lives!
    Gama Bomb
    Bombnation
    Tesla
    Vulcain

See you all on board.

Regards,

Gorden

Cabin 2559
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:56 am

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:He.. sorry about repeating the last post, I'm still learning to use the forum..

Its really easy :lol: :lol:
    :cheers:

Yeah, if you can't figure it out, just press the smiles a bunch of times. That's what some people do. :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Metalwrath wrote:After seeing one of the most attrocius performances live at Wacken over the last hour i Un-Wish Helloween to play on the cruise.

When Helloween and Gamma Ray played in Seattle, Helloween was sooooo weak it made me cringe just to see them for the first time, I just thought it was cause Gamma Ray was so mind blowing.

cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Some mods to clean up the forum spam!

Some fricking announcements to ease the pain of my last payment.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:After seeing one of the most attrocius performances live at Wacken over the last hour i Un-Wish Helloween to play on the cruise.

When Helloween and Gamma Ray played in Seattle, Helloween was sooooo weak it made me cringe just to see them for the first time, I just thought it was cause Gamma Ray was so mind blowing.

I really enjoyed Helloween, I've never seen Gamma Ray other than the cruise though (which was bunk), so maybe I don't have a good comparison. I definitely liked seeing Helloween though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Me too! Although I have heard a lot of negative reviews before. I think they are one of those inconsistant bands that doesn't play all good show. Guess I was lucky enough to catch a goodie :beerwink:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Nicolas0928 wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:He.. sorry about repeating the last post, I'm still learning to use the forum..

Its really easy :lol: :lol:
    :cheers:

Yeah, if you can't figure it out, just press the smiles a bunch of times. That's what some people do. :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Only the really smart ones :lol: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :D ;) :shock: :? :cool: :P :| :ugeek: :beerhorns: :party: :headbanger: :trashdrink: :beerwink: :oops: :cheers: :heavydrink: :givebeer: :viking: :deathmetal: :death: :shred: :metalguy:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 am

Stained Class wrote:I really enjoyed Helloween, I've never seen Gamma Ray other than the cruise though (which was bunk), so maybe I don't have a good comparison. I definitely liked seeing Helloween though.

Never seen Helloween, they would be a great addition to the cruise. What was the issue with Gamma Ray on the first cruise? I'd only seen a few DVD concerts before the cruise and thought they were much better live. Particularly given the amount of time they spent drinking and mixing with fans before the show on the pool deck.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

Rayzor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I really enjoyed Helloween, I've never seen Gamma Ray other than the cruise though (which was bunk), so maybe I don't have a good comparison. I definitely liked seeing Helloween though.

Never seen Helloween, they would be a great addition to the cruise. What was the issue with Gamma Ray on the first cruise? I'd only seen a few DVD concerts before the cruise and thought they were much better live. Particularly given the amount of time they spent drinking and mixing with fans before the show on the pool deck.

Sets got cut short, boat was swaying around so it was hard for them, pretty sure they were drunk too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    therionffxi
    Oiler

by therionffxi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I would like to see

Haggard
    Turisas
    Immortal
    Battlelore
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:15 pm

therionffxi wrote:I would like to see

Haggard
    Turisas
    Immortal
    Battlelore

:party:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:

well proves that everybody can have a bad day.
    when i last saw them it was a kick ass show and had a really good time! (but that also could be due to the fact mike and me were at front with a table smahing our fists on the table.....)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:57 pm

metalWolf wrote:Alestorm
    Orden Ogan
    Edguy
    Concept Insomnia
    Children of Bodom
    Dimma (from Iceland)
    Airbourne
    Helloween
    Subway to Sally
    Eläkeläiset
    Powerwolf
    GWAR
    Hammerfall
    Fates Warning
    Volbeat
    Iron Maiden
    Power Quest
    Orphaned Land
    Axel Rudi Pell
    Ektomorf
    Van Canto
    Doro
    Pain

and would like 2C again (and again and again):
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Sabaton
    Moonspell
    Sodom
    GammaRay
    Ensiferum
    Sonata Arctica (but they MUST play White Pearl this time!!!)

Oh, can't wait these f...ing 268 days :beerwink:

And now - after Wacken - I think we should add:

Triosphere
    Kyuss Lives
    Kataklysm

Oh, can't wait these f...ing 166 days :beerhorns:
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm

I like your list man!
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
Locked 1971 posts