Locked 133 posts
OK: Confession Time - most embarrassing Moment on the Ship
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: OK: Confession Time - most embarrassing Moment on the Ship

by Deathbringer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 am

At the first Tyr show (at 1:00 pm, by the way) the singer asked if everybody was drunk yet... so everybody held up their beers and cheered. It being 1:00, I hadn't quite made it to the bar yet, so I stood there silently. Then he looked around and pointed directly at me and said "I see one guy that isn't drunk."
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 am

Deathbringer wrote:At the first Tyr show (at 1:00 pm, by the way) the singer asked if everybody was drunk yet... so everybody held up their beers and cheered. It being 1:00, I hadn't quite made it to the bar yet, so I stood there silently. Then he looked around and pointed directly at me and said "I see one guy that isn't drunk."

i was there for that - so you think he saw you huh? LOL i wasn't drinking either....
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

Ok lol I was near the Spectrum with my boyfriend, and suddenly we heard some people screaming at each other in french (actually, with the french-canadian accent, not from France.... so where we come from), so we are like... ok, these guys are from Quebec for sure... but then we heard that guy scream something like that : You bitch, you screwed my hole cruise, go back with him slut! etc.....

And it seems like the girl cheated with another guy, and his boyfriend discovered it so it was like a BIG thing, they were both screaming...

But the thing is... my boyfriend and I were the only ones who actually understood what they were saying, so everybody was like hen? Whats happening...lol and we were ok well, lets get out of here haha

Anyway, hope the guy didnt jump off the boat :roll:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    Deathbringer wrote:At the first Tyr show (at 1:00 pm, by the way) the singer asked if everybody was drunk yet... so everybody held up their beers and cheered. It being 1:00, I hadn't quite made it to the bar yet, so I stood there silently. Then he looked around and pointed directly at me and said "I see one guy that isn't drunk."

i was there for that - so you think he saw you huh? LOL i wasn't drinking either....

Whats wrong with you guys? I was drunk :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 am

Stained Class wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Whats wrong with you guys? I was drunk :lol:

Yep it was definitely me. I was in clear sight of him, and obviously wasn't holding a beer. Stained Class - I had JUST gotten up!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Element0s wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    Only thing that comes to mind is missing the bus heading back from the Mayan ruins, but that was less embarrassing and more nerve-wracking

So, you were one of the two people that our tour bus and guides left at the ruins. That had to be an expensive cab ride back to the ship let alone the high anxiety experience. Glad that you were able to make it back safely.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

metalia wrote: And it seems like the girl cheated with another guy, and his boyfriend discovered it so it was like a BIG thing, they were both screaming...

it was like a big thing? that is a big thing, if that were me, I wouldn't have jumped, but you could bet we would have been missing 2 people!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Michael D. wrote:
    Element0s wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    Only thing that comes to mind is missing the bus heading back from the Mayan ruins, but that was less embarrassing and more nerve-wracking

So, you were one of the two people that our tour bus and guides left at the ruins. That had to be an expensive cab ride back to the ship let alone the high anxiety experience. Glad that you were able to make it back safely.

There were four of us actually, we had members of Blind Guardian and Saxon in our group, were you with us too? The cab ride cost us 45 dollars between the 4 of us, but we gave the guy 60. Not bad, in the grand scheme of things. I'm glad we made it back, too!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:32 am

I was talking to some Texans I ran into in the elevator. I was bragging about how RAGE signed my hat, then Dude lifts up his shirt and says "I got the RAGE tattoo." I felt like less of a fan, and def. not metal enough.

I gave Kai Hansen the "I'm not worthy" worship deal when he was chillin at the bar. Embarrassing, but necessary.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:38 am

zummazumma wrote:I was talking to some Texans I ran into in the elevator. I was bragging about how RAGE signed my hat, then Dude lifts up his shirt and says "I got the RAGE tattoo." I felt like less of a fan, and def. not metal enough.

I gave Kai Hansen the "I'm not worthy" worship deal when he was chillin at the bar. Embarrassing, but necessary.

HAHAH, I am even embarrassed for you about the Kai thing. They are regular guys... ah well, I am sure he took it in good humor. :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 pm

o.k while watching Gamma ray's first set I was constantly badgered by someone who wanted my spot at front center and used the pit to 'disguise' his attempts :lol: (Im known the unstoppable force/ brick wall by my friends :)) I took a few hard shoves between my wife and I in stride, im used to it.... im a metalhead :)
    anyways... he must have gotten frustrated at me by not moving and threw a charging elbow into my back... I turned pointed at him and told him to fuck off....

Later some girls came to me and said 'wow! ur scarry and mean! we thought you were going to hit that guy!... i was abashed, im as curtious as i can be durring shows (but sure aint moving unless i want to!)... I explained the situation and eased their minds but jeeze i felt like a bad person.... and my wife laughed...

(Im the guy with the studded vest with trooper back patch in case you dident know)
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 am

MitchTheMetalhead wrote:o.k while watching Gamma ray's first set I was constantly badgered by someone who wanted my spot at front center and used the pit to 'disguise' his attempts :lol: (Im known the unstoppable force/ brick wall by my friends :)) I took a few hard shoves between my wife and I in stride, im used to it.... im a metalhead :)
    anyways... he must have gotten frustrated at me by not moving and threw a charging elbow into my back... I turned pointed at him and told him to fuck off....

Later some girls came to me and said 'wow! ur scarry and mean! we thought you were going to hit that guy!... i was abashed, im as curtious as i can be durring shows (but sure aint moving unless i want to!)... I explained the situation and eased their minds but jeeze i felt like a bad person.... and my wife laughed...

(Im the guy with the studded vest with trooper back patch in case you dident know)

mitch!!! ITS HECTOR!!! arrrgggg,i hate the dreaded "frustrated elbow to the back " :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
Locked 133 posts