Post Reply 108 posts
cruise shirts on e-bay
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: yet another cruiser out to make a quick buck

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

$1500 :shock:? That's not as bad as re-selling official merch, though. I don't really have too many issues with trying to sell a signed guitar.

Maybe he's trying to pay his way onto the next cruise :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

mooyagi wrote:$1500 :shock:? That's not as bad as re-selling official merch, though. I don't really have too many issues with trying to sell a signed guitar.

Yeah, no wonder you agree, I heard you were selling "Photo ops with a guy who was on the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise" at the Eluveitie show the other day. F'ing exploitive metal Capitalist...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:$1500 :shock:? That's not as bad as re-selling official merch, though. I don't really have too many issues with trying to sell a signed guitar.

Yeah, no wonder you agree, I heard you were selling "Photo ops with a guy who was on the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise" at the Eluveitie show the other day. F'ing exploitive metal Capitalist...

:lol: :lol: :lol: I really should've charged a beer for each picture.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:50 pm

well 20 hours to go and he got no bids. hope it doesnt sell, that really shitty of the guy. Plus he spelled Malevolent Creation wrong, so i assume he just heard some dudes were in a band and went to get it signed. makes me :cry:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    leprechaun 13
    Wiper

by leprechaun 13 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Well me lads, I knew it would be a happening. I enjoyed talk'n with the bands . The fact that they signed me shite was amaz'n . So, for ya farmers that be like'n to sell your whares to the highest bider... God speed to ya . But remember, there always be some prose that follows......

" Might ya be the ones with garb ,so new that it shows no grey ?
    I got to witness colors gone, worn for days past days.
    Ya pray upon a lot that's true , 'pay rent upon their blisters.
    How shocked your face will truely be ,
    when I pray upon your sisters. "

ME WANTS ME GOLD !!!! ' Kinda like you do , me Ebay junkies.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:34 am

Seems like Witch Bear might be magical after all, considering the Pandoras Box of colorful characters that have popped up here recently. Ninja Turtles, Leprechauns and whatnot. What's next, the Chupacabra?
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 am

I used to post at a metal board that was littered with immaturity, we had the easter bunny, santa and other characters who thought they were witty as hell. thank god for foe feature
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 am

This is just wrong, the guy is obviously not a fan!
    You will never see any of my paintings up for sale.
    Well maybe if I become so ill that I have hundreds of thousands of dollars of Dr. Bills
    Probably not even then, let them come and take me away.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:well 20 hours to go and he got no bids. hope it doesnt sell, that really shitty of the guy. Plus he spelled Malevolent Creation wrong, so i assume he just heard some dudes were in a band and went to get it signed. makes me :cry:

Didn't notice that. Yeah, if he can't spell a band's name then he's probably not a fan. In that case, it makes it seem like his only mission is to make a quick buck. I retract my support for him :evil:.

I wouldn't have a problem if he got some sticker shock upon receiving his credit card bills from the trip and decided to part way with an item he was intending on keeping, but if he's doing it solely to make some money, then it's a problem.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am

I remember seeing him with his guitar at one of the meet n greets.
    I thought to myself. "What a fan, going through the hassle of bring his guitar to get signed".
    It didn't occur to me that he was having many bands sign it.
    I have a few signed guitars, I have never even thought about selling any of them.
    But as you say it would be different if this guy is truly strapped for money.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    abodrocc
    Petty Officer

by abodrocc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 am

STACH100 wrote:This is just wrong, the guy is obviously not a fan!
    You will never see any of my paintings up for sale.
    Well maybe if I become so ill that I have hundreds of thousands of dollars of Dr. Bills
    Probably not even then, let them come and take me away.

I get some guitar picks and drum sticks (one signed by Paul Bosthap), and the Colombia flag with many autographs, but all are for personal collection, the legacy from my kids
    2011 Survived cabin 2543
    2012 survived cabin 2585
    2013 survived cabin 2035
    2014 survived cabin 2589
    2015 survived cabin 2264
    2016 survived cabin 8607
    2017 survived cabin 9611
    2018 survived cabin 8457
    2019 survived cabin 8673
    2020 . . .

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 am

OH yeah the Columbia flag that was flying behind you from deck to deck. :headbanger:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 am

I have to jump in on this thread!!! My buddy and I each bought one of the 70,0000 Tons hats. We got most of the bands to autograph them in a silver paint pen. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL we would dare sell them. In fact, I just got mine professionally framed with my professional picture taken with Forbidden (which the whole band autographed). Getting the autographs was fun, and they were like "prizes" to put in my metal room at the house. All my stuff brings back memories of a particular show or event. People getting autographs to sell them are placing a sense of aprehension/doubt with the bands. It makes the bands think, "is this guy just trying to make a buck off of me?" I brought some LPS, cds, and a couple of box sets for some of the bands to get autographed. The autographs added to the overall experience of the cruise, and I am VERY THRILLED that the band members that signed my stuff did so in such an enthusiastic and sincere manner. It is too bad that some passengers were not so sincere. THEY ARE NOT TRUE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The opportunity to meet the bands and have them sign my stuff was truly a wonderful experience. I hope the bands know who the true metal fans are!!!!!! :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 am

Gee....I better jump oin the band wagon and put up my 70000 tons of metal napkin.....with a Forbidden Booger in it!....and my chewed up wad of Chuck Billy gum.......
    I freakin hate poser fans like this that are out to make a buck........POSERS ROT IN HELLL!!!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:32 am

FLORIDABOYS wrote:I have to jump in on this thread!!! My buddy and I each bought one of the 70,0000 Tons hats. We got most of the bands to autograph them in a silver paint pen. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL we would dare sell them. In fact, I just got mine professionally framed with my professional picture taken with Forbidden (which the whole band autographed). Getting the autographs was fun, and they were like "prizes" to put in my metal room at the house. All my stuff brings back memories of a particular show or event. People getting autographs to sell them are placing a sense of aprehension/doubt with the bands. It makes the bands think, "is this guy just trying to make a buck off of me?" I brought some LPS, cds, and a couple of box sets for some of the bands to get autographed. The autographs added to the overall experience of the cruise, and I am VERY THRILLED that the band members that signed my stuff did so in such an enthusiastic and sincere manner. It is too bad that some passengers were not so sincere. THEY ARE NOT TRUE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The opportunity to meet the bands and have them sign my stuff was truly a wonderful experience. I hope the bands know who the true metal fans are!!!!!! :death:

see.....now that is a true fan!...I LOVE your enthusiasm....and you are very right when you say that they are just as enthused about it as you are...hell ....they LIVE for this shit.......and everyone feels honored!!
    Last edited by debborah1 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:24 pm

It is normally not easy to get stuff signed at concerts.
    So I applaud all of the band members for being so very accessible to the fans.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

debborah1 wrote:Gee....I better jump oin the band wagon and put up my 70000 tons of metal napkin.....with a Forbidden Booger in it!....and my chewed up wad of Chuck Billy gum.......
    I freakin hate poser fans like this that are out to make a buck........POSERS ROT IN HELLL!!!!!!

lmao, my work asked me what was so funny. lol

glad to see the majority sees the WRONG in this action of the so said POSER
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Seems like Witch Bear might be magical after all, considering the Pandoras Box of colorful characters that have popped up here recently. Ninja Turtles, Leprechauns and whatnot. What's next, the Chupacabra?

debborah1 wrote:Gee....I better jump oin the band wagon and put up my 70000 tons of metal napkin.....with a Forbidden Booger in it!....and my chewed up wad of Chuck Billy gum.......

LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Donn and Debb you guys are killing me.

I want a Forbidden booger too!!!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Seems like Witch Bear might be magical after all, considering the Pandoras Box of colorful characters that have popped up here recently. Ninja Turtles, Leprechauns and whatnot. What's next, the Chupacabra?

Ha haaaa.....Of course I would Never DREAM of selling these prizes!!.....But I'll see what I can do about getting a FORBIDDEN BOOGER "flicked" your way!!..ha haa classic ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:

Ha haaaa.....Of course I would Never DREAM of selling these prizes!!.....But I'll see what I can do about getting a FORBIDDEN BOOGER "flicked" your way!!..ha haa classic ;)

HAHAHA! You are hilarious - flick some o' them goods my way too. :lol: :lol:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 pm

ha haaa......we are always "mulling around" new merchandise idea's.....cant say "the booger" had ever been discussed though..he hee.......
    hmmmmm....another thread idea.....
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 pm

debborah1 wrote:ha haaa......we are always "mulling around" new merchandise idea's.....cant say "the booger" had ever been discussed though..he hee.......

I dunno, getting Forbidden's logo on there will be tough. It's kind of necessary since you could be trying to sell anyone's boogers :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:ha haaa......we are always "mulling around" new merchandise idea's.....cant say "the booger" had ever been discussed though..he hee.......

I dunno, getting Forbidden's logo on there will be tough. It's kind of necessary since you could be trying to sell anyone's boogers :lol:

one must catch it directly from the flicker for it to be "authentic" lmao
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

STACH100 wrote:I remember seeing him with his guitar at one of the meet n greets.
    I thought to myself. "What a fan, going through the hassle of bring his guitar to get signed".

I remember seeing it get signed and pretty much thinking the same thing. It's too bad we're seeing it again here though. Not only that, but I'm super leary of people that sell 'signed' items when you can't verify the signatures. Any asshole with a paint pen and half a brain for tracing can make this, or anything else for that matter and add some rediculous price tag to it. Hey! Look how expensive it is! It must be real!

TOM CRUISE wrote:I used to post at a metal board that was littered with immaturity, we had the easter bunny, santa and other characters who thought they were witty as hell. thank god for foe feature

Agreed. I'm finding all of this fucking retarded. Witch Bear excluded, of course.
    I made the Devil do it.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:I remember seeing him with his guitar at one of the meet n greets.

I remember seeing it get signed and pretty much thinking the same thing. It's too bad we're seeing it again here though. Not only that, but I'm super leary of people that sell 'signed' items when you can't verify the signatures. Any asshole with a paint pen and half a brain for tracing can make this, or anything else for that matter and add some rediculous price tag to it. Hey! Look how expensive it is! It must be real!

TOM CRUISE wrote:I used to post at a metal board that was littered with immaturity, we had the easter bunny, santa and other characters who thought they were witty as hell. thank god for foe feature

Agreed. I'm finding all of this fucking retarded. Witch Bear excluded, of course.

+1 ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

of course, Witch Bear was a acquired taste for me. If you find the thread "most unfunny living comedian" you will find me posting a picture of Witch Bear. :)

LOL
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:55 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:of course, Witch Bear was a acquired taste for me. If you find the thread "most unfunny living comedian" you will find me posting a picture of Witch Bear. :)

LOL

ha haa....I didnt even catch that!......I think he "grew on me" especially after his grammar improved lol!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Evil Red wrote:Agreed. I'm finding all of this fucking retarded. Witch Bear excluded, of course.

Thank you for saying that which I was felling like too much of a nice guy to say...
    Last edited by Disaster Area on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:of course, Witch Bear was a acquired taste for me. If you find the thread "most unfunny living comedian" you will find me posting a picture of Witch Bear. :)

LOL

Totally remember you posting that :lol:

incidentally, Witchbear can fuck right off for not revealing himself by now...

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

LOL

Totally remember you posting that :lol:

incidentally, Witchbear can fuck right off for not revealing himself by now...

i SECOND THAT!.....NOTHING FROM HIM SINCE THE CRUISE I BELIEVE...
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Yey! Auction over and surprise surprise no one bought the overpriced guitar!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:59 pm

70000 tons - 1 | Idiot - 0
    :D
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

He took pictures of the artists signing it, which leads me to believe he intended to sell it all along.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 pm

STACH100 wrote:He took pictures of the artists signing it, which leads me to believe he intended to sell it all along.

of course he did! POSERRRR!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:32 pm

LOL

I didn't say anything about actually finding him funny, but since he's had the corner on the market here in our house for quite a while already, I made him the exception.

As for having a a whole new crop of pretend spawn that spam every single thread? Again, I'll say fucking retarded.

Disaster Area wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:Agreed. I'm finding all of this fucking retarded. Witch Bear excluded, of course.

Thank you for saying that which I was felling like too much of a nice guy to say...

My pleasure.
    I made the Devil do it.
    Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Selling cool swag from concerts, conventions, meet & greets or whatever is one of my biggest pet peeves. I run into this on a nearly daily basis at work and sometimes I have to resist the urge to strangle people. If you have little to no clue about the item you're hoarding or autograph your getting, leave it the hell alone! Stuff like that is meant for those of us who really appreciate it and will cherish it. I am so glad that this person's attempt to make money off of this fell flat. Justice!
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    leprechaun 13
    Wiper

by leprechaun 13 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Mother fucker ! Why didn't I pick the Diet Dr. Pepper guy as my character ? lol ! :beerhorns:
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:53 pm

WTF???? Leprechaun????? Who the hell is that?
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

Re: cruise shirts on e-bay

by vaderite666 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 pm

I really hope they get their act together this year regarding merchandise. Metal gear is a real weakness for me. Did every band have tons of stuff to sell?
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: cruise shirts on e-bay

by Michaelage » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:05 am

for the merc you can stay home... it sucked monkey balls... long lines no real tour shirts and bwah...