Locked 53 posts
PICKS n STICKS
    debborah1
    Commander

PICKS n STICKS

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 am

Of all the guitar picks and drum sticks I saw flung into the crowd at every show...Im curious to know who actually ended up with them and from which band....
    Rigo from Agent Steel gave me a drumstick.......

*****side note**** I was gonna say Rigo gave me his stick....chuckled....then hit backspace.......I know how you Forum Fiends think lol ;) :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: PICKS n STICKS

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 am

All I got was a pick from Korpiklaani (which I now wear around my neck ;) ) I think Marlo got one too. Jealous of anyone who caught a stick. The best thing I brought back with me was pictures of me chilling with every single one of my favourite bands.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:59 am

I got a few setlist, Agent Steel, Saxon and Gamma Ray

Caught Paul Quinn's From Saxon (now completing my colelction, i have 2 sticks, different tour, of nigel and Doug's picks as well :mrgreen: )

I also got Dan Z's stick from Gamma Ray, but i got it at Hollywood, after the boat. =]

I got some other stuff but thats what sticks out for me. :mrgreen:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am

I got a pick from Dino from Fear Factory =) :shred:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 am

A very inebriated Jeff Loomis gave me a pick in the Boleros Lounge after I got a pic with him and Van. :headbanger:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 am

junkhead13 wrote:A very inebriated Jeff Loomis gave me a pick in the Boleros Lounge after I got a pic with him and Van. :headbanger:

Oh man! I almost didn't recognize your post without the picture of you and the pooch. :P
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

Amandroid wrote:
    junkhead13 wrote:A very inebriated Jeff Loomis gave me a pick in the Boleros Lounge after I got a pic with him and Van. :headbanger:

Oh man! I almost didn't recognize your post without the picture of you and the pooch. :P

I almost didnt recognize you in Florida without the Ghoul paint lol.....sure wish I coulda hung out with you more...next time for sure!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 am

I got a pick from Alex Skolnick :shred: , a pick from Gary Holt :shred: , and a pick from Lee Altus :shred:

:headbanger:
    13 time survivor
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 am

I got one of Will Carroll's (Death Angel) sticks after their set at the Pool Stage.
    Actually Kevin stopped it from sliding on the pit surface by stomping on it. He didn't want it, so he let me have it.

Kevin's such a sweet guy. :oops: (there's my ego feeding for the day)

Yes, Amanda, it was nice to run into you and Brian after the Swashbuckle show at the pool!

And... What!?? Jeff Loomis was wasted????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 am

stoverkill wrote:I got a pick from Alex Skolnick :shred: , a pick from Gary Holt :shred: , and a pick from Lee Altus :shred:

:headbanger:

NICE!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 am

Bentz! wrote:I got one of Will Carroll's (Death Angel) sticks after their set at the Pool Stage.
    Actually Kevin stopped it from sliding on the pit surface by stomping on it. He didn't want it, so he let me have it.

Yes, Amanda, it was nice to run into you and Brian after the Swashbuckle show at the pool!

And... What!?? Jeff Loomis was wasted????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

lol...that was so kind of good ol Kevin lol....I love watching people scramble for that shit.....I didnt DARE try to retrieve anything if it came near me.....for fear of being killed!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am

Got nothing, Crystal was very close to getting one of exodus's drum sticks but was knocked out of the way on the last second

Bentz! wrote:And... What!?? Jeff Loomis was wasted????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

LMAO!! was he ever! And looked like was hanging out with the drummer chick from blackguard quite a bit!

It was nice meeting you and your girl Bentz, awesome avatar btw.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Brought home a Forbidden pick from their pool deck show and a Korpiklaani pick :D

Would have loved to grab a few drum sticks.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Davina
    Crewman

by Davina » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm

I got an Agent Steel drumstick from their poolside set and my husband got a Forbidden pick from their poolside set. The pool was lucky for us! :D
    Cabin 5565 \m/
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Bentz! wrote:I got one of Will Carroll's (Death Angel) sticks after their set at the Pool Stage.

That is awesome! Note to self: hang out with Kevin more next time. especially during shows. :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I got a pick from Blind Guardian's theatre gig.

And my wife scored a Gamma Ray pick from their poolside gig.

Managed to get a setlist from Epica's theatre set. Caught it as the drummer threw it attached to his water bottle. Totally exhibited my Aussie rules football skills by taking a huge mark over the pack :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 pm

got pick from saxon (x2), gamma ray, victor smolski, jeff loomis, sabaton, voivod and a stick from sanctuary sign by all the band missing warell dane who left after the show really quick...
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Wicker Man wrote:got pick from saxon (x2), gamma ray, victor smolski, jeff loomis, sabaton, voivod and a stick from sanctuary sign by all the band missing warell dane who left after the show really quick...

WOW!.....The guy that was there with his young son...(Im sure you seen him....He was the only kid I saw there)....was collecting drumsticks......He asked Mark Hernandez if he could get one...and Mark said...didnt I give you one last night?......(which he did)...I wonder how many he finally walked away with from the entire cruise?...I gave him an inflatable guitar and a glow stick at the Forbidden set....he was a happy camper!.....errr.....I mean cruiser ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Got 4 picks from Witchburner -- a bass pick and three guitar picks (bahahaha!). They're really well-made picks though. Impressed.

Got a bass pick from Admiral Nobeard from Swashbuckle (it's a picture of his face on the pick; scary stuff)

Got a guitar pick from Commodore Redrum from Swashbuckle.

Got a drum stick from Mike from Moonspell (my favorite metal drummer) mid-show. This was on the pool deck and I was watching from behind and yelled "Miguellllllllllllllllllllll" real loud. After one of the songs he flipped a stick back over his head and up to me. I don't know if anyone watching could see that (this was during the fog and stuff on stage) but it was a pretty awesome pass-and-catch. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Also got a BASS STRING from Dagna Barrera after her string broke during the Nevermore performance. I have no idea how I ended up with it, but I assume it means she's in love with me. Right?
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Got 4 picks from Witchburner -- a bass pick and three guitar picks (bahahaha!). They're really well-made picks though. Impressed.

Got a bass pick from Admiral Nobeard from Swashbuckle (it's a picture of his face on the pick; scary stuff)

Got a drum stick from Mike from Moonspell (my favorite metal drummer) mid-show. This was on the pool deck and I was watching from behind and yelled "Miguellllllllllllllllllllll" real loud. After one of the songs he flipped a stick back over his head and up to me. I don't know if anyone watching could see that (this was during the fog and stuff on stage) but it was a pretty awesome pass-and-catch. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Also got a BASS STRING from Dagna Barrera after her string broke during the Nevermore performance. I have no idea how I ended up with it, but I assume it means she's in love with me. Right?

Oh for sure!!....she's trying to tell you she wouldn't mind you "changing her strings"...ooolalaaa ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:Got 4 picks from Witchburner -- a bass pick and three guitar picks (bahahaha!). They're really well-made picks though. Impressed.

Oh for sure!!....she's trying to tell you she wouldn't mind you "changing her strings"...ooolalaaa ;)

I will cherish that broken bass string forever. It's currently sitting on a table next to a foam sword (from Swashbuckle) and my Sea Pass.

I've actually been using the Witchburner guitar picks (first time I've put to use a pick I've got at a show). They're super high quality. I don't know what company makes them or what, but I want some more of 'em!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I got Moonspell and Epica picks. :D
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

I got a Moonspell pick and Tyr setlist, my partner got a Rage pick and Nevermore setlist. I usually never catch anything because I'm too short and all the tall guys can simply reach out to grab the drumsticks just as I'm jumping in the air for them.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

That is awesome! Note to self: hang out with Kevin more next time. especially during shows. :lol:

Yea, cause Kevin is the only one who gave away picks/sticks. How'd you get that Korpiklaani pick again? ;)
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Wicker Man wrote:got pick from saxon (x2), gamma ray, victor smolski, jeff loomis, sabaton, voivod and a stick from sanctuary sign by all the band missing warell dane who left after the show really quick...

WOW!.....The guy that was there with his young son...(Im sure you seen him....He was the only kid I saw there)....was collecting drumsticks......He asked Mark Hernandez if he could get one...and Mark said...didnt I give you one last night?......(which he did)...I wonder how many he finally walked away with from the entire cruise?...I gave him an inflatable guitar and a glow stick at the Forbidden set....he was a happy camper!.....errr.....I mean cruiser ;)

i got mine from dave, i asked him after the first set and told me i don't have enough but next set i'm gonna destroy one and save it for you! and he did!
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    RazorReb
    Oiler

by RazorReb » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Let's see.....got a Blind Guardian pick. Found it on floor after 1st show in front of barricade. I got one back in December in Atlanta so I gave it to some nice young lady named Megan who seemed to truly appreciate it. I also got a drumstick from Raven's Joe Hasselvander after 1st show. Looking forward to getting some more in 2012!!!!!! :viking: :shred: :metalguy:
    2011: 3543 2012: 3533 Wishlist: Accept Annihilator Cannibal Corpse Candlemass Evile Exciter Arch/Matheos Flotsam & Jetsam Helloween High On Fire Lizzy Borden Loudness Kreator Nuclear Assault Opeth OVERKILL Sacrifice Skeletonwitch Symphony X Vio-Lence
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:56 am

just got a set of bg drumsticks... ended behind stage with my drunk head at some point asked and was granted... damn i still wanna know how i ended up there... hhmm maybe hypnotism...
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 am

Duly noted. ;)

And even though I have ZERO interest in picks and sticks, I think I should try to get some next time. Just to use them to bribe you salivating monkeys for crap that I want. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 am

well i am very proud of my amon amarth pic. but even more proud of my amon amarth towel.
    i just love keep telling the storie HAHA
    the towel i caught was thrown just over head, so i took a few paces back, jump and got hold of the towel.
    however, so did 3 other guys. one let go and the 3 of us did NOT want to let go. so we did the honest thing...
    we played rock paper scissors LOL (off course the first round we all lost because one had rock, one paper and one scissors)
    which at the end i won (BIG YEAH)

at the end of the concert wendy got a setlist from amon amarth.

edit:
    @ kevin, you forget 1 more nickname: VERREKTE MONGOL! :P
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • f1canada2000
    Oiler

by f1canada2000 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 am

Got a pick from Elias of Sonata Arctica and also a pick from Henjo of Gamma Ray.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:@ kevin, you forget 1 more nickname: VERREKTE MONGOL! :P

:lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:.
    we played rock paper scissors LOL (off course the first round we all lost because one had rock, one paper and one scissors)
    which at the end i won (BIG YEAH)

i was right there! that game was INTENSE to say the least!!!! It was at the chorus line if i'm not mistaken.

Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 am

i got 5 picks

Sabaton
    Korpaklanni
    Blackguard
    Moonspell
    Blind Guardian

i was happy i tryed bribing bands with beer but it failed cause alot of them had none when i found them
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm

12 picks:

Ted + Johan S (Amon Amarth)
    Dino + Byron (Fear Factory)
    Paul + Nibbs (Saxon)
    Victor + Peavy (Rage)
    André (Blind Guardian)
    Henjo (Gamma Ray)
    Ronnie (Circle II Circle)
    Jon (Iced Earth)

It's not my fault that they're throwing stuff right at me.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 pm

I need to say this, but when skimming around the threads I thought I read "PICKS n DICKS" lol. :lol:
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 pm

asmegin wrote:I need to say this, but when skimming around the threads I thought I read "PICKS n DICKS" lol. :lol:

So how many dicks did you get? :lol:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    asmegin wrote:I need to say this, but when skimming around the threads I thought I read "PICKS n DICKS" lol. :lol:

UGGHHHHH!!!!!....lmfao
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Ravenlord wrote:

:lol: :lol:

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Ravenlord wrote:

Let's see, he's from Texas so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeDlfk2aYc

In conclusion, he's not had enough :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Inquisitor wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:That is awesome! Note to self: hang out with Kevin more next time. especially during shows. :lol:

Yea, cause Kevin is the only one who gave away picks/sticks. How'd you get that Korpiklaani pick again? ;)

:lol: :roll: yeah yeah yeah.

That was in reference to one of Kevin's posts in the Confessions thread (that I don't think I had the chance to reply to) where he said the same thing about me due to the fucked up shit I usually find myself in :lol:

and what fucked up shit some of it was (although I have NOTHING on Biervulf) :lol: :givebeer: :party: :headbanger:
Locked 53 posts