Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1
Trying to get refunded for this...
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

Trying to get refunded for this...

by grimmy82 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Anyone else have the refund problem? My cabinmate and I are still waiting on our refunds and they keep giving us the runaround ie "accounting sent the check", "the managers aren't in" etc etc. We've been waiting for two months and I just wanted to know if anyone else who had to cancel is having the same issue that we are.
    It is super frustrating, annoying, stressful, and it makes me NOT want to book for next year. I don't think they realize just how bad I need this money. My cellphone got shut off yesterday because I couldn't pay AND I cannot pay for next quarter of school without this money (the quarter starts in March). Basically this cruise refund bullcrap is about to throw my school career off track, which in turn, is going to send me into major rampage/warpath mode. You mess with my schooling, you're going to get on my bad side REAL FAST.
    If you are considering booking for next year and you think there's a chance you might have to cancel you might want to consider that it's been two months and my cabinmate and I still don't have our refund.
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

Re: Trying to get refunded for this...

by grimmy82 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:27 am

Was told my refund would be $824 and my check is only for $512!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 am

grimmy82 wrote:Was told my refund would be $824 and my check is only for $512!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

did you take into consideration the 90 days cancellation fee? and the closer the date of cancellation gets to the depart date the less they refund
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:Was told my refund would be $824 and my check is only for $512!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

did you take into consideration the 90 days cancellation fee? and the closer the date of cancellation gets to the depart date the less they refund

Well I was told $824 by the person we cancelled with and that's the amount I was expecting. They shouldn't tell people one amount and then send a check for WAY less without telling them. It's bad and I am actually sitting here sobbing because of it.
    My family isn't made of money though so I am not sure what I am going to do about school at this point.

• JoannaDiaz
    Wiper

by JoannaDiaz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah it probably depends on when you cancelled
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 pm

This is what the website says about refunds:

This cancellation policy applies when reserving with Ultimate Music Cruises only. Guests should contact their local Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Days to Departure Charges Per Person
    90+ No charges
    89-60 25% of total price
    59-30 50% of total price
    29 or less No refund

They definitely shouldn't have told you one thing and given you another though - hope you can sort it out mate.

*hugs*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Just thought I would give this a bit of a bump, as I noticed that the cancellation policy has changed slightly this time around.

Its mostly the same except if you cancel up to 90 days before the event, instead of getting a full refund, there is a $US100 per person "administrative fee".
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1