Locked 2398 posts
70K 2012 Rumours
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: 70K 2012 Rumours

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 am

drbrain wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Kind of a big meh on the aforementioned. I would be ok with TS and Revo, just please no LoG.

What´s wrong with LoG?

Have you heard anything after the first 2 albums? Uninspired snoozefest
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 am

drbrain wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Kind of a big meh on the aforementioned. I would be ok with TS and Revo, just please no LoG.

What´s wrong with LoG?

It's just not my cup of tea. I dislike the vocals and the attitude.
    Plus, I think they draw the wrong type of crowd, in general.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:56 am

Lamb of God and ESPECIALLY Black Sabbath are way too big for this cruise.

Revocation would make sense. I thought In Flames would have a chance at a headliner type slot but they are touring through the cruise.

I wish we could get a swedish giant like Meshuggah or an At The Gates but I just don't see it.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 am

rwalters wrote:Lamb of God and ESPECIALLY Black Sabbath are way too big for this cruise.

Revocation would make sense. I thought In Flames would have a chance at a headliner type slot but they are touring through the cruise.

I wish we could get a swedish giant like Meshuggah or an At The Gates but I just don't see it.

Why not? I could see it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 am

Stained Class wrote:
    rwalters wrote:Lamb of God and ESPECIALLY Black Sabbath are way too big for this cruise.

Why not? I could see it.

Me too. At the Gates is just doing festivals / one offs now, so I'm still hoping that they end up onbroad. I don't recall seeing any conflicting dates for any of the members either.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Lamb of God draws close 2000 by themselves to any show in the U.S. A band of that size would be a very early announcement and would sell out the cruise immediately. These later bands are going to be somewhat smaller in scale from a U.S. standpoint. That Kamelot / Bodom-Level is what to expect. Midsize-Club headliners. A legendary act like King Diamond or Anthrax is surely a possibility.

I think our current headliner is Nightwish to be honest. I think they are the biggest act on the crutise as of now. Whose was the main stage headliners last year? Testament?
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

rwalters wrote:Lamb of God draws close 2000 by themselves to any show in the U.S. A band of that size would be a very early announcement and would sell out the cruise immediately. These later bands are going to be somewhat smaller in scale from a U.S. standpoint. That Kamelot / Bodom-Level is what to expect. Midsize-Club headliners. A legendary act like King Diamond or Anthrax is surely a possibility.

I think our current headliner is Nightwish to be honest. I think they are the biggest act on the crutise as of now. Whose was the main stage headliners last year? Testament?

Blind Guardian and Saxon were the so called headliners on 2011's cruise :cheers:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Well there are 4 nights right? Who headlined main stage each night? Blind Guardian and Saxon switched off each night?
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Machine Head has a headlining tour with Suicide Silence. First confirmed date: Feb. 8 in Atlanta. Pretty close. And I really really really hope Suicide Silence isn't onbroad. Machine Head yes.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Blind Guardian, Testament and Saxon had the longest sets. I didn't really consider anyone a "headliner" though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Libertine69
    Crewman

by Libertine69 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Machine Head has a headlining tour with Suicide Silence. First confirmed date: Feb. 8 in Atlanta. Pretty close. And I really really really hope Suicide Silence isn't onbroad. Machine Head yes.

Amen brother...
    70k 2012 - 5016
    Barge to Hell - 2563
    70K 2013 - 2625
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Machine Head was more targeted for Barge To Hell unfortunately...(remember the article from Metallian magazine)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

I'd be shocked if LoG got announced... mainly because Mark Morton isn't so fan friendly.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Stained Class wrote:Blind Guardian, Testament and Saxon had the longest sets. I didn't really consider anyone a "headliner" though.

Saxon and Blind Guardian had 1 hour and 30 minute sets .... Testament and Amon Amarth both had 1 hour and fifteen minute sets ... the rest had either 45 minutes or 1 hour .... I do believe :beerhorns: :cheers:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:14 am

Warphine wrote:I'd be shocked if LoG got announced... mainly because Mark Morton isn't so fan friendly.

And Randy is? :lol: He's already spoken out about how horrible it would be to be trapped on a ship with fans. Good. Don't like them. Don't want them.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 am

EvilDan wrote:
    Warphine wrote:I'd be shocked if LoG got announced... mainly because Mark Morton isn't so fan friendly.

And Randy is? :lol: He's already spoken out about how horrible it would be to be trapped on a ship with fans. Good. Don't like them. Don't want them.

I like them a LOT but if that is their attitude then they aren't right for this cruise. We want only bands that won't hide in their Cabins like pussies.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:54 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Blind Guardian, Testament and Saxon had the longest sets. I didn't really consider anyone a "headliner" though.

Saxon and Blind Guardian had 1 hour and 30 minute sets .... Testament and Amon Amarth both had 1 hour and fifteen minute sets ... the rest had either 45 minutes or 1 hour .... I do believe :beerhorns: :cheers:

Curses! You're right.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 am

Whoever mentioned Revocation and Threat signal as rumors, here is some pretty serious backup to that:

CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced a North American headlining tour in celebration of the band’s 15th Anniversary. Presented by ESP in association with Full Metal Jackie, the quindecennial trek will kick off on January 30, 2012 in Rochester, NY and run through March 4, hitting 26 cities over the course of the five week jaunt. Support on the CHILDREN OF BODOM anniversary tour will come from Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie, Boston extreme metal band Revocation and Canada’s Threat Signal.

ESP Guitars presents CHILDREN OF BODOM
    With Eluveitie, Revocation and Threat Signal
    In association with Full Metal Jackie
    Brought to you by Spinefarm Records, Good Fight Entertainment,
    Nuclear Blast Records, Relapse Records & ACTION! PR

January 30 - Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY
    January 31 - Harpo's, Detroit, MI
    February 2 - Intersection, Grand Rapids, MI
    February 3 - The Rave, Milwaukee, WI
    February 4 - Pop's, Sauget, IL
    February 6 - Granada Theatre, Lawrence, KS
    February 7 - Gothic Theatre, Englewood, CO
    February 9 - House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV
    February 10 - The Complex, Salt Lake city, UT
    February 11 - Knitting Factory, Boise, ID
    February 13 - Yost Theatre, Santa Ana, CA
    February 14 - House of Blues, San Diego, CA
    February 15 - Marquee Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
    February 17 - Sunshine Theatre, Albuquerque, NM
    February 18 - Tricky Falls, El Paso, TX
    February 19 - The Pavilion, Lubbock, TX
    February 21 - Emo's East, Austin, TX
    February 22 - Warehouse Live, Houston, TX
    February 24 - Expo Five, Louisville, KY
    February 25 - Peabody's, Cleveland, OH
    February 26 - Sound Academy, Toronto, ON
    February 27 - Metropolis, Montreal, QC
    February 29 - Imperial, Quebec City, QC
    March 1 - Webster Theatre, Hartford, CT
    March 2 - The Paramount Theater, Huntington, NY
    March 3 - Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ
    March 4 - Ram's Head Live, Baltimore, MD

Please check out my band

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am

viathyn wrote:Whoever mentioned Revocation and Threat signal as rumors, here is some pretty serious backup to that:

CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced a North American headlining tour in celebration of the band’s 15th Anniversary. Presented by ESP in association with Full Metal Jackie, the quindecennial trek will kick off on January 30, 2012 in Rochester, NY and run through March 4, hitting 26 cities over the course of the five week jaunt. Support on the CHILDREN OF BODOM anniversary tour will come from Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie, Boston extreme metal band Revocation and Canada’s Threat Signal.

Just noticed that! You obviously beat me to the punch. I like Revocation so I support them being on the cruise! Not as familiar with Threat Signal but I remember one of their guitarists being a forum member at one point.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 am

Seen Threat Signal twice, second time was significantly better than the first. I think they have a new album out that I haven't heard. Number 3 I beleive. Revocation is sick as fuck. I actually really wish that tour were coming here even though I would skip CoB
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:42 am

Yuck on both, Threat is a In Flamers wannabe that tries to pick up chicks with his swooning voice ( at least the tracks I heard ) =-( Revocation is listenable...plus UMC seems to usually prefer bands formed in the 80's, and I would be pissed if we got stuck with them two instead of other newer ( note I did not say Nu'er ) bands of higher quality. I would rather see Swashbuckle, Blackguard and Cripper again than Threat.
    Last edited by cycosurgeon on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am

yeah, Revocation make my Boston heart proud!
    Also, I've found that even most of their fans haven't heard some of the bonus tracks they've recorded... they do great covers of
    Death "Pull The Plug" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYHUN3uU974
    Exhorder "Death In Vain" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz3pZkYGflM
    and Faith No More "Surprise! You're Dead" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFKYZj26P8
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Really hope that Revocation end up onbroad. We need some young bands.
    kvanderwyk
    Crewman

by kvanderwyk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Threat Signal is one of the few metalcore-ISH bands that I enjoy (they're not completely, but they have that vibe at times). Their new album is quite good IMO. They write some cool riffs. I wouldn't mind seeing them onbroad. They are friendly guys, saw them open for Dark Tranquility and my bf ended up talking & drinking with the singer for the rest of the night.
    70K 2012 Survivor
    70K 2013 Wishlist: Allegaeon|Amon Amarth|Bolt Thrower|Dark Tranquility|Devin|Dimmu Borgir|Ensiferum|Equilibrium|Fleshgod Apocalypse|Forefather|Ghost|Gojira|Katatonia|Obscura|Revocation|Scar Symmetry|Týr|Vildhjarta|Wintersun
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 pm

viathyn wrote:Whoever mentioned Revocation and Threat signal as rumors, here is some pretty serious backup to that:

i would enjoy both of them added to the cruise.
    if they do not get added i might have to go see them with Children of Bordom a few days after we get back in Milwaukee :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

Keeping up with Metal is extremely tiring and ultimately, impossible to anyone with time constraints. I always do my best to research new metal, as well as touch upon the "classics" I've yet to hear.

That being said, I have no fucking clue who either of those bands are!

I checked out revocation, listened to a few tracks. Technically proficient to be sure, but what I was more impressed with was the actual emotion/soul in the music. Even as an unrepentant DM fan, I am pretty damn tired of souless guitar wankery tech-death. Yada yada...I did enjoy them. Will have to do more research.

We probably won't get any more tech death, but I would have loved to have Gorod or Spawn of Possession on board.
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:25 am

http://www.swallowthesun.net/#p-4

Not so much a rumor but a wish they'd be on broad. Anette of Nightwish does appear on the album, so that would make the cruise a perfect release gig for StS.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:48 am

Memnoch wrote:http://www.swallowthesun.net/#p-4

Not so much a rumor but a wish they'd be on broad. Anette of Nightwish does appear on the album, so that would make the cruise a perfect release gig for StS.

Yeah! I first heard them the other day when they got announced for Tuska and they rule!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 am

I know the guys and they'd sure be fun to have on broad. Oh, yeah, their music isn't that bad either.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am

viathyn wrote:February 18 - Tricky Falls, El Paso, TX

Was going to bitch about Dallas being skipped again, but then realized it was COB, so I don't give a shit.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 am

EvilDan wrote:

Was going to bitch about Dallas being skipped again, but then realized it was COB, so I don't give a shit.

Even if this tour was coming to Calgary, I would only go for the three openers. Why is it that Bodom always gets awesome openers? Last time was Septic Flesh, Obscura, and Devin Townsend, and now it's Threat Signal, Revocation, and Eluveitie?!
    It's perfect that bodom play last, because then I can check out a couple songs and then hit the bar!

Please check out my band

Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

Memnoch wrote:http://www.swallowthesun.net/#p-4

I am a big fan of STS and know that they want to be on the cruise very bad. They are trying to get on and I hope they do. They are very fan friendly.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 am

viathyn wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Even if this tour was coming to Calgary, I would only go for the three openers. Why is it that Bodom always gets awesome openers? Last time was Septic Flesh, Obscura, and Devin Townsend, and now it's Threat Signal, Revocation, and Eluveitie?!
    It's perfect that bodom play last, because then I can check out a couple songs and then hit the bar!

Works out for me this tour. I agree, would much rather see the 1st 3 bands.
    my friend loves children of bordem and has offered to drive so i can watch the 1st two, and enjoy cold beers for Evulietie and then get drunk :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    666ROY
    Oiler

by 666ROY » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:34 pm

In January, Moonspell, Finntroll, Ensiferum and Blackguard played in Mexico just two days before the cruise. Next year, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride and Eluveitie will play in Mexico two days before the cruise, and I found out that on Jan 28th Stratovarius, In-Extremo, Amorphis AND Orphaned Land will play in Mexico so, what can we deduct from this? Do we have a new posibility?
    The Chase Is Better Than The Catch...

2011 - 2545
    2012 - 2037
    MHB 2455
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:39 pm

666ROY wrote:In January, Moonspell, Finntroll, Ensiferum and Blackguard played in Mexico just two days before the cruise. Next year, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride and Eluveitie will play in Mexico two days before the cruise, and I found out that on Jan 28th Stratovarius, In-Extremo, Amorphis AND Orphaned Land will play in Mexico so, what can we deduct from this? Do we have a new posibility?

Hey mate - yes this very fact has been mentioned several times ;)

Within Temptation are also playing mexico a few days after the cruise so they are an equal possibility :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:40 pm

666ROY wrote:In January, Moonspell, Finntroll, Ensiferum and Blackguard played in Mexico just two days before the cruise. Next year, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride and Eluveitie will play in Mexico two days before the cruise, and I found out that on Jan 28th Stratovarius, In-Extremo, Amorphis AND Orphaned Land will play in Mexico so, what can we deduct from this? Do we have a new posibility?

That Rocks :shred: but not really new news
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes, we've been hearing that one for a while. I think Jake mentioned one of them blabbed, Orphaned Land are for sure on the boat!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:42 pm

666ROY wrote:Do we have a new posibility?

No. This has been rumored for months now, and you can pretty much call it a sure thing.
    Here's a new rumor though... The Faceless will be touring with Devildriver and Dying Fetus in February. Give us Fetus! :deathmetal:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    666ROY wrote:Do we have a new posibility?

No. This has been rumored for months now, and you can pretty much call it a sure thing.
    Here's a new rumor though... The Faceless will be touring with Devildriver and Dying Fetus in February. Give us Fetus! :deathmetal:

The Faceless and Dying Fetus would be pretty sweet, I got to say!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Stained Class wrote:I think Jake mentioned one of them blabbed, Orphaned Land are for sure on the boat!

What what what? Happy dance!!!! :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Locked 2398 posts