Locked 281 posts
Who will book 2012 immediately? Say aye!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Who will book 2012 immediately? Say aye!

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 am

hell yeah im gonna be there.
    you gonna need someone to derail on broad
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:03 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:Image

hell yeah im gonna be there.
    you gonna need someone to derail on broad

YAY....for the Dutch Derailment team!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am

We'll be there! :headbanger:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 am

gnoff wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:^^^^ yes...it does sound like you need a raise.... ;)
    Regarding your comment about camping being 75% of the Wacken experience - I totally understand that opinion and I'm sure it's one hell-of-a :twisted: great, wild time :party: :trashdrink: :headbanger: - it just wasn't for me considering my particular circumstances imo. I also must admit I've never slept in a tent - not even as a kid :shock: (yeah - I know - I'm a wimp :lol: ) and wouldn't be so keen on waiting in line to take a shower. But again....that's just me....
    *end middle-aged lady talk*

this is what you say at the camp:
    Duschen ist kein Heavy MEtal

And of course you don't shower!
    It's only 4 days :roll: :lol:

:lol: I remember people yelling that!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:30 am

If they actually released the title of the next Morbid Angel album I could have inserted a picture, as it will start with the letter I
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

I think I even saw shirts that said that! :lol:
    But here's another one of life's great mysteries imo - I was pretty packed in with people at times (particularly at Turisas in the tent), and I was surprised at the relative lack of b.o. - ha! If there really are that many folk at WOA who don't shower - you could have fooled me!
    And the chance of me not showering for 4 days? Let's just say...mama don't play dat ;)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

I think I even saw shirts that said that! :lol:
    But here's another one of life's great mysteries imo - I was pretty packed in with people at times (particularly at Turisas in the tent), and I was surprised at the relative lack of b.o. - ha! If there really are that many folk at WOA who don't shower - you could have fooled me!
    And the chance of me not showering for 4 days? Let's just say...home-girl don't play dat ;)

My guess is that by the end of the festival you got used to the stench. The people at Wacken smell like shit. It was much, much nicer on the cruise because everyone could easily shower.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:01 pm

There have been many festivals that I came home from thinking I got a tan from being out in the sun. Turned out to be dirt every time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was especially bad at last years Wacken. Some of the dust clouds at the shows like Grave Digger and Maiden were crazy. Had my eyes stinging for quite a while after.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Ravenlord wrote:There have been many festivals that I came home from thinking I got a tan from being out in the sun. Turned out to be dirt every time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was especially bad at last years Wacken. Some of the dust clouds at the shows like Grave Digger and Maiden were crazy. Had my eyes stinging for quite a while after.

Pardon me if you''ve already discussed this, but how would you compare the cruise to all the other festivals you've been to ?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:There have been many festivals that I came home from thinking I got a tan from being out in the sun. Turned out to be dirt every time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pardon me if you''ve already discussed this, but how would you compare the cruise to all the other festivals you've been to ?

The cruise was the best so far in my opinion. But that being said, there was such a difference between it and normal festivals that I don't think it is fair to compare the 2. I have been to 15 European metal festivals (7 of them last summer) of varying sizes and I camped at every one of those which is good fun although the cruise was just so luxurious compared to that. I don't think I have ever met a (famous) band at a festival before so the cruise was heaven for that reason.

A big advantage the cruise had was that no one could possibly get on it unless they had a ticket. I find at so many festivals you get a lot of people going there just to camp and drink and often make trouble. Obviously if someone goes to a festival with no ticket, it's likely they have no interest in the music at all. The cruise felt like a VIP club where every single person is on the same level. Everyone had payed good money to be there and were there to enjoy themselves and the music.

One of the biggest differences that actually turned out to be the best for the cruise is that at normal festivals you can bring your own alcohol to the campground meaning you don't have to waste loads of money in the festival area buying overpriced beers. I've found this to often force people to the campgrounds and gather with their friends to drink which of course is not a bad thing but on the cruise everyone accepted the fact that they had to pay the full price for the alcohol. But this meant that you were always mingling with everyone from the cruise. It was so nice to be able to get drunk WHILE watching bands. I tend to be on tight budgets at festivals so I can rarely afford to be drinking festival beers.

This might not compare to everyone else's festival experiences but these were the main reasons I loved the cruise over other festivals (which prior to the cruise were the greatest things ever).

OK, my video has streamed, enough ramblings from me :D
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 pm

gnoff wrote:

Wacken dust can be baaad.

My poures were black of filth all over my body in 2002, I was very happy I had eye drops with me.

Almost make you happy when it rains, alomst. Ah, the famous Wacken mud instead :lol:

I was only there in 2006, 2007 and 2010 so it was all dust for me!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I've been to a few European Festivals (Rockwave Greece, Sweden Rocks, and Bang Your Head in Germany) and a heap of Australian festivals (countless Soundwave Festivals and Big Day Outs) and yeah for almost-40-year-old me, the cruise wins hands-down.

Saturday at Soundwave I was often thinking "Damn I wish someone would walk by selling reasonably-priced alcohol", "shit I wish I was on the cruise where I could get 2 shirts for the price of one here", "damn I wish I could go back to my cabin, and lie on our comfy bed for half an hour to rest my back", etc etc etc :P

And people at Soundwave were excited when Rob Zombie came down off stage to the barrier "OMG I touched Rob Zombie!".... And I was thinking "pfffft I drank beers with Gamma Ray, chatted with Iced Earth and Blind Guardian - so what if you got to touch Rob Zombie" :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Here is the worst festival experience I have heard about: Friends of mine from Switzerland told me they were at Sonisphere in Switzerland last year and they said it rained pretty much for the full 2 days of the festival. Everyone was covered in mud, you couldn't avoid it. But apparently there was also a big problem with rats because it was quite near a city. They said that by the end of the festival you would walk through the mud and see rats' tails, heads and feet poking out of the mud having drowned in the rain and mud. This is why you have festivals in the middle of nowhere...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And people at Soundwave were excited when Rob Zombie came down off stage to the barrier "OMG I touched Rob Zombie!".... And I was thinking "pfffft I drank beers with Gamma Ray, chatted with Iced Earth and Blind Guardian - so what if you got to touch Rob Zombie" :lol:

We're so spoiled.... :P
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh man, this is when I have to take a deep breath and refrain from dropping everything else I have planned tonight and just ramble here for hours!!
    *wills self-control*
    so just a few thoughts for now...
    As much as I totally loved my Wacken experiences.....the cruise did indeed top Wacken for me in the "overall music-related experience" category. As I mentioned earlier, much of that has to do with knowing several forumites before and then meeting and hanging out with several on the cruise. I feel I've made some true friends for life. :D
    And....Kevin, I saw your posting on the engine room forum about some fest you're thinking about going to in Europe - and I know you're doing MDF this year....'ya gots the festival bug perhaps? Cool! I know I caught it in a major way.....hello, Hole in the Sky 2011! Booked my fest tix and airfare this weekend - leaving in less than six months. :shock:
    :death: :beerhorns: :death: :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 am

gnoff wrote:Sonisphere Stockholm was pretty much a fucking joke, selling 47000 tickets to an area I'd say should take no more than 25000. High priced beers sold at very few locations, in a badly built up system, so they shut it down after a few hours because it wasn't safe. Rained the while day, but absolutely no cover what so ever, no straw to put on the ground, no selling of rain ponchos or anything.

I got my 100 euro 1 day ticket pretty much to see Mötely Crüe, but left before they played since the whole festival sucked so badly.

Also heard that Sonisphere in Switzerland, Spain and Finland sucked bad.
    So yeah, not going back to any Sonisphere festivals ever again.

Bang Your Head is awesome though, and the tiny Headbangers Open Air is cool, Sweden Rock Festival is nice, and Wacken was awesome before it (to my opinion) grew way too big.
    The smaller Swedish ones I don't really think I'll compare at all. Well, Metaltown has been OK, and it's farily big, we shall see how it turns out with their new location this year.

I have to say 2000 people is a really nice size for an intimate festival like Headbangers. I don't think i'll be going back to anything really huge again like Wacken. I decided that when I heard that last year they closed the gates during the Maiden and Slayer shows and some of my friends didn't get in. I know this was because loads of people wanted to see Maiden and Slayer but I think the festival ground should be able to hold the capacity of the festival.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 am

tyrwoman wrote:And....Kevin, I saw your posting on the engine room forum about some fest you're thinking about going to in Europe - and I know you're doing MDF this year....'ya gots the festival bug perhaps? Cool! I know I caught it in a major way.....hello, Hole in the Sky 2011! Booked my fest tix and airfare this weekend - leaving in less than six months. :shock:

Financially it's basically a pipe dream, but it was something I was thinking about. HITS only had 4 bands announced, so hard for me to get excited by it. And depending upon who is booked for the next cruise will affect which festival I will go to in 2012 as I need to be able to cross a few of my priority bands off my list.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:28 am

cowboy71 wrote:Saturday at Soundwave I was often thinking "Damn I wish someone would walk by selling reasonably-priced alcohol", "shit I wish I was on the cruise where I could get 2 shirts for the price of one here", "damn I wish I could go back to my cabin, and lie on our comfy bed for half an hour to rest my back", etc etc etc :P

And people at Soundwave were excited when Rob Zombie came down off stage to the barrier "OMG I touched Rob Zombie!".... And I was thinking "pfffft I drank beers with Gamma Ray, chatted with Iced Earth and Blind Guardian - so what if you got to touch Rob Zombie" :lol:

Haha I was thinking the same things too! Especially the shirts part. Can't believe they were actually selling some shirts for $50!! And I had to stop myself from laughing at this girl who kept going on and on about a few bands she'd "hung out with before". She honestly could never of had an experience like we did on the ship.

Wish I'd seen u at Soundwave! Did u have fun? I think I got my moneys worth but it paled in comparison to last year for me.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 am

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:And....Kevin, I saw your posting on the engine room forum about some fest you're thinking about going to in Europe - and I know you're doing MDF this year....'ya gots the festival bug perhaps? Cool! I know I caught it in a major way.....hello, Hole in the Sky 2011! Booked my fest tix and airfare this weekend - leaving in less than six months. :shock:

Financially it's basically a pipe dream, but it was something I was thinking about. HITS only had 4 bands announced, so hard for me to get excited by it. And depending upon who is booked for the next cruise will affect which festival I will go to in 2012 as I need to be able to cross a few of my priority bands off my list.

:cheers: I always think it's a great idea to have lots of pipedreams and investigate them regardless of whether they seem do-able - that way you're mentally ready to act on making them happen if some small window of opportunity presents itself. I didn't think there was any way I could swing going back to Norway so soon, but the airfare has turned out to be not as high as expected, plus I will be splitting a hotel room with 2 other Americans - so that part is really reasonable. And as far as HITS goes, Bergen was on my travel bucket list long before I knew about HITS. 2 of the 5 HITS bands so far are Marduk and Ghost so I'm excited about that - I'm sure there will be others I'm interested in as well! :beerhorns:
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 am

tyrwoman wrote: :cheers: I always think it's a great idea to have lots of pipedreams and investigate them regardless of whether they seem do-able - that way you're mentally ready to act on making them happen if some small window of opportunity presents itself. I didn't think there was any way I could swing going back to Norway so soon, but the airfare has turned out to be not as high as expected, plus I will be splitting a hotel
    room with 2 other Americans - so that part is really reasonable. And as far as HITS goes, Bergen was on my travel bucket list long before I knew about HITS. 2 of the 5 HITS bands so far are Marduk and Ghost so I'm excited about that - I'm sure there will be others I'm interested in as well! :beerhorns:

Agree on Ghost and Marduk as well. I told the wife about Europe in 2012 and she thinks its crazy to think that far ahead. I obviously disagree for the reasons you stated :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 am

Ha - I don't think it's ever too soon or early to make plans for anything - I think I've got at least 20 years worth of "plans" - of course some plans may never pan out for whatever reason but they are nice to think about nevertheless. My attitude about this seems to be rubbing off on my kids, because they often say things like "I want to do this or that." Sometimes their ideas seem pretty far-fetched, but who am I to say they won't make these things happen? And they're young enough, I don't want to naysay their dreams. My usual response is: that sounds really cool, exciting, etc....just take the baby, as well as the giant steps toward that goal - and you just may do it! :headbanger:

But, I digress....
    2012 cruise!!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

tyrwoman wrote:Ha - I don't think it's ever too soon or early to make plans for anything - I think I've got at least 20 years worth of "plans" - of course some plans may never pan out for whatever reason but they are nice to think about nevertheless. My attitude about this seems to be rubbing off on my kids, because they often say things like "I want to do this or that." Sometimes their ideas seem pretty far-fetched, but who am I to say they won't make these things happen? And they're young enough, I don't want to naysay their dreams. My usual response is: that sounds really cool, exciting, etc....just take the baby, as well as the giant steps toward that goal - and you just may do it! :headbanger:

But, I digress....
    2012 cruise!!!

you are such a rad mom! :D :D :D :D
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    ida
    Crewman

by ida » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

AYE...most likely it will be me and my sister since everyone flaaked out on us :/
    Maybe this time we will be looking in for roommates :D
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Mula22 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Saturday at Soundwave I was often thinking "Damn I wish someone would walk by selling reasonably-priced alcohol", "shit I wish I was on the cruise where I could get 2 shirts for the price of one here", "damn I wish I could go back to my cabin, and lie on our comfy bed for half an hour to rest my back", etc etc etc :P

Haha I was thinking the same things too! Especially the shirts part. Can't believe they were actually selling some shirts for $50!! And I had to stop myself from laughing at this girl who kept going on and on about a few bands she'd "hung out with before". She honestly could never of had an experience like we did on the ship.

Wish I'd seen u at Soundwave! Did u have fun? I think I got my moneys worth but it paled in comparison to last year for me.

Yeah - indeed had a good time still. Got a heap of greap photos and videos, got to talk with a lot of cool metalheads as there was a heap of people coming up asking me about the 70000 Tons shirt :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Psycho
    Crewman

by Psycho » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 pm

But I haz no cabinmates
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:12 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah, similar boat for me ;)

I believe I have the foundations of a group of 4 with at least myself and 1 other that are solid for sures. I suspect we'll secure a 4 bed cabin, give those who have details to consider a bit of time to figure stuff out and then shop around to fill the other 2 bunks if things don't pan out with them.

I've also got a couple friends here in Vancouver who are considering going but one is just a chronic procrastinator who I hope you'll all get to meet sometime before 2020 :lol: and the other says she needs to see the lineup first. She's a huge FF fan but says that's the only band on 2011 that she would have enjoyed so I guess some ppl's metal tastes are just super specific and it would be hard to justify spending $1500+ to go see one band, even if it is in the greatest environment ever.

Is that solid "1 other" me? :headbanger: :P

And... AYE!!!

I'll be going even if there's only ten bands that I know/like/have heard/seen before. There were a few bands on the cruise this year that I'd never heard before and I was pleasantly surprised! So even if there are only a handful of bands that you like, it's a great place to discover new bands.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Evican wrote:Is that solid "1 other" me? :headbanger: :P

Indeed! You have officially been categorized as 'solid'!

Any word back from the other potential bunkster?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Indeed! You have officially been categorized as 'solid'!

Any word back from the other potential bunkster?

Wouldn't be the first time.

Not yet. Will get back to you soon!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Evican wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Indeed! You have officially been categorized as 'solid'!

Wouldn't be the first time.

That's what he said!

Wait, what?

How does that go again? :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:27 pm

2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:14 am

Still no confirmation from my cabinmate from this year, he's on the fence because it'll be his first year of med school and he doesn't know if he can get the time off.

I'm going to book regardless. I'll either be in my first year of a PhD program or working somewhere, but -- like this year -- I'm not missing this for the world. Definitely could use another two week buffer; just finished my taxes and planning on using whatever refund I get back to pay in full early like I did last year.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm

I would love to AYE but I have no money !
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm

SatansWrath wrote:I would love to AYE but I have no money !

Either do I. Have you tried selling your internal organs. That's my backup plan anyway...
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Either do I. Have you tried selling your internal organs. That's my backup plan anyway...

Put me down for purchase of a lung.

Figure one of my black ones will need to be replaced eventually after all the smokes I have been having lately. I can keep the new one in a beer cooler until it is needed. :heavydrink:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Have you tried selling your internal organs.

I'd consider buying a backup-liver for if my liver jumps overbroad
    but I doubt it's a wise move to get ours ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Have you tried selling your internal organs.

I'd consider buying a backup-liver for if my liver jumps overbroad
    but I doubt it's a wise move to get yours ;)

Hasn't given me any trouble yet but it sure has plenty of miles on the clock ;)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I did not shower at fests until Wacken 2002. (I went to Dynamo 97, 98, 99, and then wacken 00, and 01 without showering the whole fest?). Then I took a shower in the vip showers and ended up taking one every day and every year I went to Wacken after that. After Wacken 2001 we got back to Nuernberg and I took a shower and 1/4 of my hair fell out, I had a wad of my hair the size of a basketball in both my hands and I came out of the bathroom and showed my two guy friends who had long hair too and they were MORTIFIED and afraid to shower.

At Dynamo 97 it rained so bad that my shoes (Vans) were ruined and I thew them away at the hotel in Amsterdam. I had to "peel" my underwear off my body and was 'retching/gagging" from my odor.. Disgusting :cheers:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 pm

vikingbitch wrote:AYE

:lol: reminds me of the beginning of the song "Rise of the Tyrant" by Arch Enemy :D

But did they actually send out the notices yet??? I had contacted 70K team and had changed my email that they had on record for me a few weeks ago, I want to MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE that I did not miss it/or that was not done.

haha, yes it does!!!! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 pm

SatansWrath wrote:I would love to AYE but I have no money !

Save up. You have over 300 days dude!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 am

luckely i can say aye for 2... dwen and me will be back and i will be drinking and banging... she will prolly be sleeping and looking cute again...
Locked 281 posts