Locked 98 posts
has anyone actually paid a dime for their tickets yet?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: has anyone actually paid a dime for their tickets yet?

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Holy fuck you guys crack me up!

I just made my 2nd payment in person at their bank and also got no answer when I tried to call to let them know it was en route. I tried to storm the offices to make my initial payment but the street address just leads to an empty shack down by the railroad tracks with a rusty old tin can for a mailbox so I settled for the bank deposit option :|
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 pm

That was likely a good move on your part haha
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Holy fuck you guys crack me up!

I just made my 2nd payment in person at their bank and also got no answer when I tried to call to let them know it was en route. I tried to storm the offices to make my initial payment but the street address just leads to an empty shack down by the railroad tracks with a rusty old tin can for a mailbox so I settled for the bank deposit option :|

AW SHIT!!
    Run back there and get my money outta the tin can!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:but the street address just leads to an empty shack down by the railroad tracks

Please tell me that this part was a joke..

:lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri May 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Payment invitations for the 2nd installment payments will go out after the 15th, hence next week.

To those that could not speak to us in person the last days:
    Please note that we are not a huge corporation with 100's of call center agents. Sometimes all of us are busy and calls go to voice mail. The call volume has been unusually high these last days and on top of that we had some people sick too. If you only get voice mail, please leave us a message and we will get back to you asap, like we always did and always will. Sometimes it can take a day. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Last but not least: Rob: I don't know where you went, but certainly not to the right address.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri May 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Andy wrote:Last but not least: Rob: I don't know where you went, but certainly not to the right address.

Yeah, it is actually on the next block, under the bridge, green pup tent w/ the cardboard box outhouse...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 14, 2010 5:15 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Please tell me that this part was a joke..

Yes, I was totally kidding. I thought the exaggeration would have made that obvious but I apologize if anyone took me seriously.

Andy wrote:Last but not least: Rob: I don't know where you went, but certainly not to the right address.

No, I was at the right address (or at least the one that's shown on the 70000tons site), it just wasn't a glitzy office like I expected but rather a residence/apartment building. I'm sure thousands of legitimate businesses are operated out of locations with low overhead, without huge staff or waiting rooms filled with hot models serving fresh espresso and free shots of name your poison :beerwink:
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Fri May 14, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Yeah, it is actually on the next block, under the bridge, green pup tent w/ the cardboard box outhouse...

Naw, that's where my Momma live! :lol:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

yes, its just the three of them I think. Andy, Allison and Blake.

Thanks for clearing stuff up Andy.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 pm

That might explain why I wasn't able to get anyone on the phone when trying to make my 2nd payment. It was due by the 15th, so I hope I don't lose my cabin because of this
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Sat May 15, 2010 12:56 am

Captain Metal wrote:That might explain why I wasn't able to get anyone on the phone when trying to make my 2nd payment. It was due by the 15th, so I hope I don't lose my cabin because of this

Andy wrote:Payment invitations for the 2nd installment payments will go out after the 15th, hence next week.

Sounds like we're all safe for now :cool:
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat May 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Blake has been insanely good and pro active calling me back. Heck, he even called me back to check up on things when it wasn't even needed. He scores major kudos in my book for professionalism and courteousness.

Then again, I'm not sure if any Canadian could be rude if they tried (it's like they are vaccinated before birth against it). :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat May 15, 2010 7:14 pm

KevinP wrote:Then again, I'm not sure if any Canadian could be rude if they tried (it's like they are vaccinated before birth against it). :lol: :lol: :lol:

nIIm o,O mIIn

Best I can do for ya sir!!

• kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Sun May 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Hahahahaha... it tookme a while to understand your "nllm" Hahahahahahaha!!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am

haha I ended up getting a call from allison while I was out at the bar on friday. As far as I remember, my cabin switch went through! :headbanger:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 am

Just got a call from Allison, apparent credit card processing issues so they will call back for the second payment once that is all straightened out.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Again?
    I thought that was all sorted out. :?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Chopper wrote:Again?

No doubt, who knew it was so hard to take people's money...

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Has anyone taken out travel insurance? If so, who did you use and how much was it?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 pm

:shock: :shock:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 pm

KevinP wrote:Has anyone taken out travel insurance? If so, who did you use and how much was it?

When I booked my flights, I paid something like $50 (maybe $20 maybe $70, sorry I forget)

Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Chopper wrote:Again?

No doubt, who knew it was so hard to take people's money...

Don't worry they will.
    Matter of fact when I payed in full it was payed to a payment support company CNFONE in Singapore plus the $38.96 International Tran. Fee. :?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

Singapore???????? WTF? Doing online searching, the only reason to have a bank in Singapore is for tax purposes. That is really fucking strange that the bank is in Singapore. Also, that is not very cool that you were charged a 40 dollar fee (Almost 40 dollars). You could have at least been notified of the service fee.

:? :| :cry:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Singapore???????? WTF? Doing online searching, the only reason to have a bank in Singapore is for tax purposes. That is really fucking strange that the bank is in Singapore. Also, that is not very cool that you were charged a 40 dollar fee (Almost 40 dollars). You could have at least been notified of the service fee.

My bank flagged the initial credit card payment as fraud and I had to call them to let them know it was voluntary. Apparently since it's out of the country, I was charged like $6+ for the payment, so that will add up to about $24 in fees when all said and done.

I was a bit worried myself as it seemed strange to use someone all the way out there (and all the suspected fraud from that part of the world) but from what I could tell it seems legit (I don't claim to be Sherlock Holmes though). :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:50 am

KevinP wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Singapore???????? WTF? Doing online searching, the only reason to have a bank in Singapore is for tax purposes. That is really fucking strange that the bank is in Singapore. Also, that is not very cool that you were charged a 40 dollar fee (Almost 40 dollars). You could have at least been notified of the service fee.

My bank flagged the initial credit card payment as fraud and I had to call them to let them know it was voluntary. Apparently since it's out of the country, I was charged like $6+ for the payment, so that will add up to about $24 in fees when all said and done.

I was a bit worried myself as it seemed strange to use someone all the way out there (and all the suspected fraud from that part of the world) but from what I could tell it seems legit (I don't claim to be Sherlock Holmes though). :mrgreen:

The whole payment system is very strange and still seems sketchy. When I tried to use my credit card initially to pay it all in one shot, it was flagged as possible fraud as well. After I called the credit card company and authorized the charges, I called 70000 Tons back and it went through fine. But even then, they had to break the payment into two (one for me initially, one for my girlfriend the week after) for whatever reason.

I wasn't charged anything extra for it being international though. I guess that varies from bank to bank?
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 am

The processing bank is in Singapore, that's correct. The reason not being tax purposes but simply because no North American Credit Card Processing Bank was able or willing to offer us CC processing at acceptable conditions. After the whole financial meltdown those banks seem to be really in need and try to rip us small guys off every way they can. The only way we could have gotten onshore processing would have been at conditions that required Million Dollar Bonds (!) and at rates that would have make us loose money even at a sellout. This is the reason why we went offshore.

Now depending on the spending habit of the Credit Card holder such a high amount being charged through an offshore processor may get flagged by the Credit Card issuing bank. Understandable and actually a good safety measure. People that usually don't use their cards for high amount purchases and/or internet transactions (which mostly get settled by offshore banks) got flagged. Many others did not.

About splitting up the payments: The maximum amount we are able to charge at one time is $2,500 per transaction/card. Again a safety measure. For those with expensive cabins or people that paid for several passengers we had to split the charge.

Now about the extra charges that some of you received: This is something that makes me really pissed off. We only found this out ourselves last week, after we got the first few complaints from some of you guys and for us this came totally out of the blue. Also here: only some people were affected. It really depends on the bank that issued your Credit Card. However NO ONE did inform us that this may happen, otherwise we would have certainly informed you, our customers, about this. Actually this is very unusual and until a few days ago myself and anyone I talked to about this has never heard of something like that. FOR THIS REASON we suspended all Credit Card processing for the time being until we can figure out why some of our customers are charged an extra fee by their bank or how we can avoid this to happen in the future.

I am deeply sorry about all the trouble and inconvenience this is causing some of you. Believe me, we are on your side. I would really prefer to take care of all the other shit I have to do then spending several hours on the phone every day with our banking partners (?!) to rectify the situation.

:givebeer:
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:31 am

Thank you for the explanation.

goddamn banks.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 18, 2010 11:39 am

Andy,

Thanks for the update. Blake has been super cool and helpful regarding the extra fee stuff as my own bank initially couldn't even give me a straight answer on the matter.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

WHEW......Thank you Andy...I was startin to get a little nervous over here....

I am an avid believer of the saying..."IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE......IT USUALLY IS"
    And when I was told about this cruise I specifically said to myself....
    THIS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! THERE IS A GOD!! AND HE IS SOOOO METAL!!!

What also made me nervous was reading about the TRITON POWER CRUISE that was supposed to set sail the end of April that was cancelled!! They told the passengers that they could still take the cruise....but no Metal bands.....OH MY!!
    We would definatley have to sick our beloved "Witch Bear" on them!....
    All he would have to do is tie them in a chair and make them listen to him talk for and extended period of time.....
    that should do it!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Speaking of paying for tickets....
    Has anyone purchased Travel Insurance for the trip?...I think it would be a good idea, so I was going to look into it.

Also...We all must be aware of the possible Fuel Surcharge that we would be responsible for......
    Below is what I read in the "TERMS & CONDITIONS" part of the 70,000 Tons home page:::>

Ultimate Music Cruises Inc. STRONGLY RECOMMENDS (but does not require) that each Guest purchases Travel Insurance for the Cruise. Because of the nature and uniqueness of the 70000tons of METAL Cruise, there is a strict cancellation policy.

6. Fuel Supplement
    The Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. "Fuel supplement" shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Royal Caribbean’s fuel costs. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes collected are subject to change. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to $10.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65.00 per barrel. Royal Caribbean may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full. More information about Fuel Supplements can be found here:
    : http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPa ... supplement
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 pm

What the fuck?
    I've never heard of this fuel crap before.

Yeah i bought a years travel insurance about 2 months ago just incase i end up being taken to hospital again due to alchohol related matters like 2 years ago in Germany.
    They are still trying to charge me 1500 for hospital bills.Bastards!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Metalwrath wrote:What the fuck?
    I've never heard of this fuel crap before.

Yeah i bought a years travel insurance about 2 months ago just incase i end up being taken to hospital again due to alchohol related matters like 2 years ago in Germany.
    They are still trying to charge me 1500 for hospital bills.Bastards!

They always have the "fine print" section :|
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:30 pm

yeah I read the fine print, if metalwrath and I both die from alcohol related issues on the cruise, its our own fault blah blah...

:lol:
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 pm

[quote="debborah1"]Speaking of paying for tickets....
    Has anyone purchased Travel Insurance for the trip?...I think it would be a good idea, so I was going to look into it.

Below is what I read in the "TERMS & CONDITIONS" part of the 70,000 Tons home page:::>

Ultimate Music Cruises Inc. STRONGLY RECOMMENDS (but does not require) that each Guest purchases Travel Insurance for the Cruise. Because of the nature and uniqueness of the 70000tons of METAL Cruise, there is a strict cancellation policy.

So exactly what does the insurance cover? Besides medical.

Your flight if the cruise gets cancelled? And the money back for the cruise if that is cancelled?
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I always buy an annual travel insurance from Mondial Assistance.

www.mondial-assistance.us

That covers all kind of things from trip delay, medical, baggage delay/loss, etc. up to when I fucking die overseas they probably fly me back in a private jet... :lol:

There is tons of other companies out there. Some even cover shit like job loss and stuff like that. Just google travel insurance.

Most of these travel insurances come as some kind of package deal. Annual, for a month or you can buy something specific for a trip and you can insure a specific amount, if you do that you should include your flight and hotel and hell knows what into the amount you want to insure and of course the higher the amount you insure the higher the rate. :roll:
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I tried calling to pay a week ago, but I guess there still having server issues?

When will this be fixed?
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 pm

asmegin wrote:I tried calling to pay a week ago, but I guess there still having server issues?

When will this be fixed?

From what I have read on here compared to my own experience with paying....it seems the ones paying with debit/credit cards are the ones having the issues.
    I paid by wire transfer on a Tuesday and had my confirmation from them by Friday that it was all good.......just sayin
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Actually I got a call today,they were giving refunds to the people who paid extra fees on their credit cards for transfer fees.
    Nice Thanks.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 am

debborah1 wrote:From what I have read on here compared to my own experience with paying....it seems the ones paying with debit/credit cards are the ones having the issues.
    I paid by wire transfer on a Tuesday and had my confirmation from them by Friday that it was all good.......just sayin

Yeah, I'm paying by credit/debit. Don't know if I want to deal with the wire transfer stuff. Will again soon.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    dstrbd1
    Crewman

by dstrbd1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Horns High wrote:They still haven't taken a payment from my credit card,just wondering if anyone else has paid?

Not a dime! I guess they figure it will be eaasier to come up with the full amount at the very last minute. :shred:
    Trust no one
Locked 98 posts