Post Reply 785 posts
what will you wear in 2012?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Who has the Guts to Wear One of Their Cheesy Metal Shirts??

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Two Shot Tawd wrote:Screw it . I have the guts to do it . So , which shirt would serve the purpose the most ? Oh. I got it . My grunge shirts I bought at a garage sell for $75 cents . Sorry Alice ' n ' Chains , Pearl Jam , Hole , Nirvana . Like some of your stuff. But, kinda sure you couldn't hail from the same place as some of the most prolific metal journaists work out of . Huhh ? They do ? Matha Farker . Oh hell . any Sea Hawks fans out there ? :viking:

I sold my grunge shirts for hundreds of dollars, my original mother love bone- half assed monkey boy white tee went for 150.00 on eBay
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I am either wearing one of the following during the boarding process

Britney spears shirt
    ricky martin wifebeater
    lady gaga girlie
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm

BTW, where the hell is Witchbear...? hibernating? maybe it's bear season and he's in hiding?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Disaster Area wrote:WooHoo WRATH and ROLL baby. That rant earned you another beer. (that's two if you haven't kept up :lol: ) :viking:

lol - I think there's gonna be a lotta "buy 'ya a beer" talk before the cruise - here's a few of mine so far - 1 beer for Metalwrath just for being from Ireland, 2 for Scott for saying on another thread he was/is a Grateful Dead-head and for liking The Carpenters :headbanger: , beers for Deb for being Deb and for being the Forum Queen, and several for Slaytanic for something he said elsewhere on the forum AND for being the only other Rammstein fan (as far as I know) on board :trashdrink: .
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:02 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:WooHoo WRATH and ROLL baby. That rant earned you another beer. (that's two if you haven't kept up :lol: ) :viking:

lol - I think there's gonna be a lotta "buy 'ya a beer" talk before the cruise - here's a few of mine so far - 1 beer for Metalwrath just for being from Ireland, 2 for Scott for saying on another thread he was/is a Grateful Dead-head and for liking The Carpenters :headbanger: , beers for Deb for being Deb and for being the Forum Queen, and several for Slaytanic for something he said elsewhere on the forum AND for being the only other Rammstein fan (as far as I know) on board :trashdrink: .

Aaaaaand bunches for Laura only cuz Ive never gotten a Librarian drunk before ....he he he heeee....(but I promise not to take advantage of you!)......Much Luff!! :lol: ;) :headbanger:
    :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: <<<<<<<<<<<----------AND ALL THESE SHRED GUYS ARE JUST FOR YOU :D
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

^^^ you is nutz, woman (in a good way) - :P Oh, and since I wrote last, there's several other people I wanna buys beers for - shit! like all those honeymooners, etc., etc., etc.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:19 pm

SEVERAL for ME???? :D :party:
    And Laura is a Librarian???? :ugeek: That's hot! :beerwink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm

^^^ lol - well, I think several IS the word I used on another thread - and I stick to my word, dude. And, I think I regret the fact that I fessed up to being a librarian on the Who Are You? thread months ago - 'cause truth be told - those pix on the pix thread aren't really me - this is: :headbanger: :P
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:34 pm

I'd hit it.

:lol: :trashdrink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Twice even!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer

by Witch Bear » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Me am also hit it, right across the head. Then me am eat gooey delicious center while children scream in horror, then me am do same to them. Then once me am done with all that in crayon room on ship, me am battle with Dino and other fat man from Swashbuckle for dibs on buffet.

Me am vote for Scott the bear to wear gaga girlie when he am boarding ship, so it am show off his girlish figure :cool:
    Deck 666
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 am

@ BehnWilson: I'll ask my neighbour to lend me his 50 Cent t-shirt.

@ Metalwrath: +1

@ tyrwoman: Bought Sehnsucht in 97/98 and it blew my mind. Their show was one of the best I've ever been to.

:trashdrink:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:01 am

NuuX wrote:@ tyrwoman: Bought Sehnsucht in 97/98 and it blew my mind. Their show was one of the best I've ever been to.
    :trashdrink:

Nice! (I think I owe you a beer too :P - damn, this cruise is getting expensive :lol: .) Believe it or not, I only heard Rammstein for the first time about 4 years ago - checked Sehnsucht out of the public library here. I'll never forget hearing it for the first time - I was by myself in the car and was so blown away by it. Loved the fact that Till sings in German and the industrial vibe. SInce the 80's, I am a big fan of industrial, but also electronica / dance stuff like Kraftwerk, Ministry and KMFDM (saw them do a 25 year anniversary show here last fall) as well. A few other industrial type German bands I especially like are Eisbrecher and Die Krupps.
    If anyone is interested, check out Die Krupps "To the Hilt" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Ec81NuvPA , Eisbrecher - Schwarze Witwe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm7AgP6C_4w , KMFDM - Megalomaniac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZqWq0ZNjk , Ministry - Every Day is Halloween http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIMfdlVGmqM , and :lol: something really ancient - DAF (Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft) - Der Mussolini" (Tanz den Mussolini) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwAJXV070OY (I had a DAF LP :P )

Ooops - this really belongs on the off-course non-metal music thread - oh well.... ;)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 am

tyrwoman wrote:SInce the 80's, I am a big fan of industrial, but also electronica / dance stuff like Kraftwerk, Ministry and KMFDM (saw them do a 25 year anniversary show here last fall) as well...
    Been to about half a dozen Ministry gigs and saw KMFDM the one time they played here that I knew of. Ministry and NIN were two bands who did some stuff with heavy guitars and that industrial/techo thing that I really appreciated and enjoyed. Not sure why but I just can't get myself to like Rammstein no matter how much I try. I can see the live appeal though.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:SInce the 80's, I am a big fan of industrial, but also electronica / dance stuff like Kraftwerk, Ministry and KMFDM (saw them do a 25 year anniversary show here last fall) as well...
    Been to about half a dozen Ministry gigs and saw KMFDM the one time they played here that I knew of. Ministry and NIN were two bands who did some stuff with heavy guitars and that industrial/techo thing that I really appreciated and enjoyed. Not sure why but I just can't get myself to like Rammstein no matter how much I try. I can see the live appeal though.

Hey - half a dozen times you saw Ministry? :cool: Never saw 'em myself :shock: . We gotta talk Ministry on the non-metal music thread....I think I'm done talking about the 70's there :roll: - on to the 80's! Re: Rammstein, it seems people either love them, or hate them. I love all their stuff, but I think I'd have to say Mutter is my favorite. The new one, Liebe ist für alle da, is great too.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 am

Im gonna wear an greek leather armor the entire cruise, if thats not cheesy/cool I rest my case :)
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Two Shot Tawd
    Crewman

by Two Shot Tawd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Hello , my name is Tawd, and I'm an alcoholic . Witch Bear made me regret eating a Frito Pie from Sonic tonight . Funny stuff bro. Anyway , I know some folks are getting pissed about certain threads and stuff. 'Understand that in full . But , for the record , if I could still fit in my Nelson shirt , I'd wear it the first day . I'm ready for a great time yaw. ( I'm living in Mississippi .Let it go .) I'm kinda sure I caused a little of this fury by some . But, it's all in fun . If you flip me off 'cause I'm wearing a Krocus shirt , ok . Just please wake me up if I pass out in a partry tray . Fuck'n Youtube . :death:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Two Shot Tawd wrote:Hello , my name is Tawd, and I'm an alcoholic . Witch Bear made me regret eating a Frito Pie from Sonic tonight . Funny stuff bro. Anyway , I know some folks are getting pissed about certain threads and stuff. 'Understand that in full . But , for the record , if I could still fit in my Nelson shirt , I'd wear it the first day . I'm ready for a great time yaw. ( I'm living in Mississippi .Let it go .) I'm kinda sure I caused a little of this fury by some . But, it's all in fun . If you flip me off 'cause I'm wearing a Krocus shirt , ok . Just please wake me up if I pass out in a partry tray . Fuck'n Youtube . :death:

Spell check: it's KroKus not cus. But maybe you were just southernizing it. KroCUZZZZZ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't f'ing wait for this cruise.

For the record, the After the Rain album by Nelson was (is, I still have the cd) GREAT!

@Deb there is the daily slither and slap for you...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Two Shot Tawd wrote:Hello , my name is Tawd, and I'm an alcoholic . Witch Bear made me regret eating a Frito Pie from Sonic tonight . Funny stuff bro. Anyway , I know some folks are getting pissed about certain threads and stuff. 'Understand that in full . But , for the record , if I could still fit in my Nelson shirt , I'd wear it the first day . I'm ready for a great time yaw. ( I'm living in Mississippi .Let it go .) I'm kinda sure I caused a little of this fury by some . But, it's all in fun . If you flip me off 'cause I'm wearing a Krocus shirt , ok . Just please wake me up if I pass out in a partry tray . Fuck'n Youtube . :death:

Spell check: it's KroKus not cus. But maybe you were just southernizing it. KroCUZZZZZ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't f'ing wait for this cruise.

For the record, the After the Rain album by Nelson was (is, I still have the cd) GREAT!

@Deb there is the daily slither and slap for you...

:givebeer: for the SLither Slapper ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am

debborah1 wrote:the SLither Slapper

Hey!!!

That's what the ladies called me in high school!! :lol:

corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 am

damn you guys make me laugh...i wish i had more time to spend on here but working 2 jobs and being in a band is killing me....it will all be worth it in january:)
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Caravan,St. Vitus,the Obsessed,Down,Havok,Metal Church, Cripper,Exodus,Diamond Plate,Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Fatal Smile,Exciter,Sacrifice, Razor,Tankard,Evile,Bonded by Blood,Overkill
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:the SLither Slapper

Hey!!!

That's what the ladies called me in high school!! :lol:

........we know this.....lmfao ......Im sure you got ur flipper slapped for slithering a few times........oh yeah? say that three times fast...I dare ya ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am

debborah1 wrote:..we know this.....lmfao ......Im sure you got ur flipper slapped for slithering a few times........oh yeah? say that three times fast...I dare ya ;)

That's actually a REALLY good one. I'll have to remember to use it with my students once I finish school (one of my current courses is on tutoring pronunciation) :lol:

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:21 am

is the tshirt mystery solved? can we start talking about pants, socks ans shoes?
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:23 am

Oooh ooohh... I've got this great pair of boots made of...

Oh wait . . .

You were just kidding weren't ya?

:oops:

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:26 am

dmn! what gave me away?
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am

Oh Debb, on a sidenote, I thought you'd get a kick out of this.

One of our homework assignments from my tutoring grammar class this week is to create a word search puzzle for my students using past participles. Check out the name of the website the instructor wrote on the board for us to use as a tool to build the puzzle once we'd decided on its specific content...

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch

None of my fellow students understood why I laughed so hard when she wrote in on the board :lol:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Oh Debb, on a sidenote, I thought you'd get a kick out of this.

One of our homework assignments from my tutoring grammar class this week is to create a word search puzzle for my students using past participles. Check out the name of the website the instructor wrote on the board for us to use as a tool to build the puzzle once we'd decided on its specific content...

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch

None of my fellow students understood why I laughed so hard when she wrote in on the board :lol:

aWW HELL....CLASSIC....GOOD THING i WASNT IN THE CLASS..they would have thought we were both a little nuts :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!! I guess this thread hit a nerve LOL Since I authored it, I thought that I would explain how/why it came to be.... I WAS DRUNK!!!!!! I could care less what kind of shirt everybody wears. As long as you are comfortable, what does it matter what group you are sporting? I have to be honest though. While I am a huge metal head since 1982, I must admit to liking some of the hair metal bands from back in the 80s. The music was fun and brings back great memories. Just because I liked and continue to like some of those bands, it does not make one less metal. Hey Metalwrath, I love you brother for your metal enthusiasm. But, please don't take things on here so seriously. You shouldn't challenge one's metal pedigree. I have been to 279 metal concerts in my lifetime. Included within those is 7 Iron Maiden (more if they didn't screw Florida LOL) tours. In addition, I have seen the following numerous times: Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, King Diamond, Mercuful Fate, Possessed (back in the day), Slayer, Enslaved, Dio, Black Sabbath, Armored Saint, Trivium, Behemoth, Death Angel, Megadeth, and many more I am metalhead that can not wait for this fukin cruise!!!! I look foward to drinking some beer with my metal brothers and sisters while watching some great bands. Who knows what shirts I may decide to wear? I truly want think of that until the night before the cruise. And hell, I may wear an old Grim Reaper tour shirt LOL. :viking: :beerhorns: :beerhorns:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two Shot Tawd
    Crewman

by Two Shot Tawd » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Omg ! I got called out for Krocus miss spelling ! Uh oh , somebody was quick to inform me it's Krokus . Yep .Knew that my friend . 'Wanted to see who would call it out and kinda admit they still follow the band . I'm just having FUN on the forum . 'Can't wait to set sail as well . May I give a brief run down on how they forced us to learn how to spell Mississippi in grammer school ? " Ok class .It goes missi , crooked letter , crooked letter i, oh who cares ? Folks will always look down on you, and not beleave you know half a cotton field about anything metal ." But ,for real .If ya could run spell check on my report to my probation officer , that would rock . You would think after two years , stealing chickens would not be a huge deal . But , the judge hates the fact I went to prom with my second cousin . " And... I'm spent ." :mrgreen:
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Who has the guts to wear kakis and a polo?
    I didn't think so....
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 am

zummazumma wrote:Who has the guts to wear kakis and a polo?
    I didn't think so....

that doesn't take guts...just a grap in my wardrobe ;)
    wishlist '20:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:11 am

last_candle wrote:
    zummazumma wrote:Who has the guts to wear kakis and a polo?
    I didn't think so....

that doesn't take guts...just a grap in my wardrobe ;)

ha haaaa...... :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:20 am

I owe Kisha a "Almond Milk" for getting me off soymilk. If we're talking shots, I owe her a "wheatgrass" shot.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I have a whole closet filled with polo shirts (and, unsurprisingly, two of them are in shades of purple) but no khakis.

There are a lot of topics and discussion points that get beaten to death on these boards (and I still haven't read them all and can see that) and any one of them could set off someone under the right circumstances. For example, as ironic as it sounds coming from someone who uses "Rum Runner" as his screen name, I get awful tired of reading about how drunk people are going to get on this boat (or, has been stated a few times on this threas alone, how drunk people are right now). Just as metal isn't about what you wear, it shouldn't be about drinking one's self to oblivion either.

But more on point, this thread was intended as a joke! Please get the hell over yourself and get back to having some fun and relaxed and somewhat meaningless conversation.

And with that, the "jackass" portion of my time on this message board is at an end. Peace!
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 am

Part of metal is about drinking yourself to oblivion actually :lol:
    I'm sure there are many who will agree with me on this.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 am

Sorry but gotta disagree on that one. It implies that those who drink in moderation are somehow un-metal. And compulsive drinking takes place in all genres of music, all walks of life and doesn't really seem to recognize any social, cultural, geographical or other boundaries. Isn't that just like saying having brown eyes and wearing blue jeans are metal?

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Sorry but gotta disagree on that one. It implies that those who drink in moderation are somehow un-metal. And compulsive drinking takes place in all genres of music, all walks of life and doesn't really seem to recognize any social, cultural, geographical or other boundaries. Isn't that just like saying having brown eyes and wearing blue jeans are metal?

Amen to that....I know alot of Metal musicians that dont even drink!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:00 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:...having brown eyes and wearing blue jeans are metal?

KICK ASS! I totally qualify! :party:

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 am

I think Wrath was just being funny - he put a lol smiley on his post - and, to that I say :cheers:
Post Reply 785 posts