Locked 142 posts
Dates confirmed! Jan 23-27
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Dates confirmed! Jan 23-27

by Ravenlord » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 am

Captain Metal wrote:Kevin is already demanding I get some "big name" Death Metal bands to play it. :lol:

Now this would all be well and good if I had the money to cover a contractual guarantee. That or charging a much higher entry fee to pay such bands. Then again, Incantation might be cheap to get. They used to come down here for something like $300-$400. Plenty of time to figure it out I suppose.

Unless you get a really good deal I don't think it's worth it tbh. I think it was obvious that most were there first time round to get to know people before the cruise. I appreciated the effort you put into the organizing but I didn't see a single band that night. Too many people to meet. Having a place to get together before the cruise is most important, but if a big band doesn't work, I wouldn't worry about it. We have 40 of them a few days later!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:43 am

To be honest, getting some bigger name band to play something like this might just be more hassle then I care to deal with. Then again, who knows. We'll see how things take shape this time around.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 am

Pris wrote:Unfortunately we missed the first one but after reading all the reviews we are looking forward to making our way from New Zealand for 70k tons of metal!! Hopefully by then i will find out what to do in terms of hotel, transport, etc to the boat. I've been to 2 cruises before but have never been so excited :D :D :D

Welcome abroad Pris!

You'll be in fine company. There were heaps of Antipodeans abroad last year - Andy said there were 150 Australians, and I met a few kiwis :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

I wake up & see both Gnoff and the Captain changed their avatar pics. I think that's more exciting than the cruise announcements. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:You'll be in fine company. There were heaps of Antipodeans abroad last year - Andy said there were 150 Australians, and I met a few kiwis :)

Yet I was the one doing all the Vegemite Promotion. You people OWE ME :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 am

Captain Metal wrote:AND if nothing is done in a official capacity this time around, then you better believe I'll be organizing another pre-party to kick things off once again :heavydrink:

You damn well BETTER!! I missed the fist one but won't miss it this time around. Andy and co should let you know way ahead of time this time too if they're gonna plan anything, endorse yours or just leave it all up to you once more.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 am

I'm also requiring Donn to bring a bevy of his coworkers over as inbetween band entertainment. Wouldn't mind seeing how strong his pimp hand is with those broads either. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:57 am

Definitely in (+1) for 2012, the cost will be the only thing that could stop me from making this a mandatory annual excursion. Seems like it's cheaper to fly from central Europe than Eastern Canada.
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 am

Please take my money
    Please take my money
    Please take my money
    Please take my money
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

KevinP wrote:I'm also requiring Donn to bring a bevy of his coworkers over as inbetween band entertainment. Wouldn't mind seeing how strong his pimp hand is with those broads either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rememeber Kevin..........Your wife and I are in communication.......You have limited BEWBIE action once again...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

gnoff wrote:
    portharbor wrote:Please take my money
    Please take my money
    Please take my money
    Please take my money

I'll take some!

ME TOOOO ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:49 am

This is the ONE week out of all 52 that we cannot make it!!! :evil: Very disappointed...but hey...theres always 2013 if we're not all wiped out in 2012
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 am

tmcasper wrote:This is the ONE week out of all 52 that we cannot make it!!! :evil: Very disappointed...but hey...theres always 2013 if we're not all wiped out in 2012

Awwwww.....DAMN!.....If I remember correctly this is your daughters birthday week? That is totally understandable.....You and the wifey will be missed for sure man
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:15 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:This is the ONE week out of all 52 that we cannot make it!!! :evil: Very disappointed...but hey...theres always 2013 if we're not all wiped out in 2012

Awwwww.....DAMN!.....If I remember correctly this is your daughters birthday week? That is totally understandable.....You and the wifey will be missed for sure man

Thanks Deb. Have an awesome time!! Hopefully 2013 will be a wee bit later in the month... :cheers:
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Welcome abroad Pris!

You'll be in fine company. There were heaps of Antipodeans abroad last year - Andy said there were 150 Australians, and I met a few kiwis :)

There were 150 of us? That's insane! We should try for 200 next year!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

mcozzy wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Thanks Deb. Have an awesome time!! Hopefully 2013 will be a wee bit later in the month... :cheers:

I'm asuming you have thought of this already, but isn't she at the age of being "easily bribed" ? You could kick up her birthday party/gift a notch or two prior or after the cruise as a good will gesture. I would have easily done that if given the option as a kid. Heck, I'd even be more apt to do it now. MORE STUFF is better than less stuff on a birthday, no matter what day you get it.

Unless she's one of those high maintenance types who demands everything done on the actual "day". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankfully I don't have any issues myself as our' daughter is January 8. Otherwise the wife would be riding me on a guilt trip for eternity (not that it would actually work, I would just tire of hearing her whine about it). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    xkaliber
    Oiler

by xkaliber » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Guys you know if you had any Greeks with you?
    Get your motor running
    Head out on the highway
    Looking for adventure
    In whatever comes our way
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:41 pm

From an Australian news site this morning (NOT an April Fool's thing thankfully haha):

The Australian dollar's stellar run has continued overnight, with the currency hitting a new high of 103.73 US cents in foreign trade.

And there are now predictions that it could reach $US1.08 by the end of the year.

The higher it goes, the more affordable next year's cruise becomes for us Aussies :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Evican wrote:There were 150 of us? That's insane! We should try for 200 next year!

How would you exactly go about "rounding up the troops" for something like this :?

Oh yes, I can picture it now. You, Dallas and Karhl, (um, scratch Karhl, there's no way you could get him to stand in 1 place for more than 5 minutes).

You and Dallas Imageon a street corner handing out vegemite tubes with the 70K logo on them.Image

Or you could just smuggle 50 Image with you onbroad. I'm sure their accent would be easier to pick up than Karhl's.

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Nooooo! That really sucks. Hopefully you can make it in 2013. We will keep a spot for you at the forum breakfast/dinner :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Marietje66
    Petty Officer

by Marietje66 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:49 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Evican wrote:There were 150 of us? That's insane! We should try for 200 next year!

How would you exactly go about "rounding up the troops" for something like this :?

Oh yes, I can picture it now. You, Dallas and Karhl, (um, scratch Karhl, there's no way you could get him to stand in 1 place for more than 5 minutes).

You and Dallas Imageon a street corner handing out vegemite tubes with the 70K logo on them.Image

Or you could just smuggle 50 Image with you onbroad. I'm sure their accent would be easier to pick up than Karhl's.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I love the way your mind works (and your smilies too!)
    Everybody is unique, except for me.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote:From an Australian news site this morning (NOT an April Fool's thing thankfully haha):

The Australian dollar's stellar run has continued overnight, with the currency hitting a new high of 103.73 US cents in foreign trade.

And there are now predictions that it could reach $US1.08 by the end of the year.

The higher it goes, the more affordable next year's cruise becomes for us Aussies :cheers:

I'll be quite happy with 1$AUD = 1$USD. But anything better than that is good! However, when our dollar goes up it seems to make petrol prices go up. I don't like that. :evil:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:55 pm

KevinP wrote:How would you exactly go about "rounding up the troops" for something like this :?

I think all the Aussies that went this year are planning to make it next year. Taking into considertation of people that we told about it last year and were asked to be potential cabin mates last year and said no or weren't sure who have now seen our pictures, read our countless status updates about the cruise and all the friends we made... I think we'll get to 200 easily. :D
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Nooooo! That really sucks. Hopefully you can make it in 2013. We will keep a spot for you at the forum breakfast/dinner :cry:

You do realize he's a Yankee fan, don't you ?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

You do realize he's a Yankee fan, don't you ?

Yes I do. Now I have to waste all my time looking for you to get all my hate out on broad. At least with him I had another target :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 pm

KevinP wrote:I'm asuming you have thought of this already, but isn't she at the age of being "easily bribed" ? You could kick up her birthday party/gift a notch or two prior or after the cruise as a good will gesture. I would have easily done that if given the option as a kid. Heck, I'd even be more apt to do it now. MORE STUFF is better than less stuff on a birthday, no matter what day you get it.

Unless she's one of those high maintenance types who demands everything done on the actual "day". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankfully I don't have any issues myself as our' daughter is January 8. Otherwise the wife would be riding me on a guilt trip for eternity (not that it would actually work, I would just tire of hearing her whine about it). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hahah yeah dude she is gonna be the big 1-0!!! we missed her b-day last year because of the cruise and couldn't in good conscience do it again. We will be back for 2013!! :cheers: :headbanger:
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 pm

mooyagi wrote:

thanks man...I will be sticking around here with all you guys...just being immersed in the atmosphere with you ppl helps! the intense jealosy will probably kick in around january 23rd... :D
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Once again, I will be in my perfect lounge seat in the "Spectrum Lounge" listening to some fantastic metal while drinking some Blue fucking Moon beer. Looking forward to seeing everybody again :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 am

FLORIDABOYS wrote:Once again, I will be in my perfect lounge seat in the "Spectrum Lounge" listening to some fantastic metal while drinking some Blue fucking Moon beer. Looking forward to seeing everybody again :death:

and not answering your phone 5 seconds after you tried to call me :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Marietje66
    Petty Officer

by Marietje66 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 pm

tmcasper wrote:hahah yeah dude she is gonna be the big 1-0!!! we missed her b-day last year because of the cruise and couldn't in good conscience do it again. We will be back for 2013!! :cheers: :headbanger:

Can't you just take her with you? Now that's a hell of a birthday present...
    Everybody is unique, except for me.
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 pm

gnoff wrote:I like the use of "definitely" in the same sentance as "the only thing that could stop", it's why I try not to state anything until I've decided for sure :D

Still, I'd be careful myself, avoiding those strong sort of set in stone statements.

I think this comes from being an engineer for a long time thus reading and re-reading requirement specs trying to avoid getting trapped in a corner you don't want to be in.

Damn I'm a huge nerd, I should type something funny, but then, I don't have a sense of humor either :lol:

Haha, that's what a decade or so of dealing with project managers and salesmen does to a nerdy soul. No commitments, no regrets. I can't see the price rising too much this year and I hope I can make this an annual sanity check. Now, let's get some bands announced and open the wicket!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 am

Marietje66 wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:hahah yeah dude she is gonna be the big 1-0!!! we missed her b-day last year because of the cruise and couldn't in good conscience do it again. We will be back for 2013!! :cheers: :headbanger:

Can't you just take her with you? Now that's a hell of a birthday present...

LOL - yeah, we contemplated taking our 11 year old daughter with us next year!!

Biggest issue for us is that it is the first week of the school year, and its Year 7 which is kinda important.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 am

Evican wrote:CAYMAN ISLANDS > Mexico. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

NO WAY! ;)
    the cayman islands look like a great place to go to
    do we know how much longer this route is (compared to this year)
    I wonder how much influence the speed of the ship has, because this year it was noticeably shakier on the way back (when the were faster)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 am

Evican wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Welcome abroad Pris!

There were 150 of us? That's insane! We should try for 200 next year!

i quite sure that there will twice as many Dutch on board at least. (that would make it 170)
    then again, everybody has gone home with awesome stories more people want to come..

the real question then is: who who will be the lucky ones that have booked on time?
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 am

I don't know what the tolls was for Mexico, maybe 20? :lol: hopefully more next year :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Already booked my flight, guys!

Can't wait 2CU all again - specially the Canadian and 'Switzernadian metalheads :cheers:
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Evican wrote:CAYMAN ISLANDS > Mexico. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

NO WAY! ;)
    the cayman islands look like a great place to go to
    do we know how much longer this route is (compared to this year)
    I wonder how much influence the speed of the ship has, because this year it was noticeably shakier on the way back (when the were faster)

368 Nautical Miles from Miami to Cozumel, 451 nautical miles from Miami to Grand Cayman Islands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Said this before...but worth repeating....
    Grand Cayman Island is very beautiful! Will be great to go back! :beerwink: :headbanger: :trashdrink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:368 Nautical Miles from Miami to Cozumel, 451 nautical miles from Miami to Grand Cayman Islands.

Damn, that means us Deck #2 people have to row faster...double basskick drums on deck #2!!! :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

tyrwoman wrote:Said this before...but worth repeating....
    Grand Cayman Island is very beautiful! Will be great to go back! :beerwink: :headbanger: :trashdrink:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Locked 142 posts