Locked 446 posts
Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?
    Michael D.
    Ensign

Re: Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?

by Michael D. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted to the facebook photo group:

Over on the 70K forum, a member was commenting in a thread about how many people she knew who have said that last year's cruise was, "THE BEST TIME THEY EVER HAD IN THEIR LIFE".... So I was curious, out of our 453 members, and those who actually went on the cruise, who of you would say the above statement is 100% true for you? (no need to reply if your answer is no/maybe/not sure)

I'll start...

ME!! = 1

(If you're a non-facebook user, say something like 'Facebook sucks but Me + 1 and I'll add you to the tally over there)

Back on topic - I think that 3/4 of the cabins will be gone within 48 hours and the rest within no more than 4 weeks

Ok, Facebook sucks. So ME + 1.
    I feel the the cruise should sell out by June.
    July at the lastest but I said that last year and then they had payment issues involving credit cards (remember).
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:05 am

Jaimie38 wrote:I say 42 days.

I thought about 6-8 weeks - maybe except for some of the expensive 'cabins'
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:35 am

I have no idea how long time it will take, but i will book as soon as possible, im even thinking to break a 6 years tradition to save money for this shit. not go to wacken this year :cry:

Its a shame about wacken....but I am so looking forward for this again to meet you all, to drink beers with the artists etc.

It was an absolute extraordinary event not to be missed ever.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Marietje66
    Petty Officer

by Marietje66 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted to the facebook photo group:

Over on the 70K forum, a member was commenting in a thread about how many people she knew who have said that last year's cruise was, "THE BEST TIME THEY EVER HAD IN THEIR LIFE".... So I was curious, out of our 453 members, and those who actually went on the cruise, who of you would say the above statement is 100% true for you? (no need to reply if your answer is no/maybe/not sure)

I'll start...

ME!! = 1

(If you're a non-facebook user, say something like 'Facebook sucks but Me + 1 and I'll add you to the tally over there)

Back on topic - I think that 3/4 of the cabins will be gone within 48 hours and the rest within no more than 4 weeks

Facebook absolutely sucks!!! Me + 2 (the boyfriend too)
    Everybody is unique, except for me.
  • fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 pm

A long time!!! Because the $$$$$$.....everybody wants to go of course but money always is a problem :evil:
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 pm

I think the cheap cabins will sell out much faster this year, I got the feeling that a lot of people thought last year was too good to be true and "missed the boat" but after the reviews I think a lot of those people will be looking for tickets. I'm hoping for a presale, but I'm ready to book as soon as the gates open.

Best time of my life? I don't know, maybe. I think there have been good times that just aren't reproducible but I can see me enjoying this cruise more every year.
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 am

Metalwrath wrote:6 - 8 months after they go on sale.
    Wanna know why?
    Cause just like last year people paying for the cabins might pull out half way through due to financial issues later in the year.
    A lot of people will stil be opting for the 4 part payment option as they won't have the full amount of cash up front. ;)

I'll fork over the full amount in one go. Just to get it over and done with and set my mind on other things. :cheers:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 pm

SatansWrath wrote:I have no idea how long time it will take, but i will book as soon as possible, im even thinking to break a 6 years tradition to save money for this shit. not go to wacken this year :cry:

Its a shame about wacken....but I am so looking forward for this again to meet you all, to drink beers with the artists etc.

It was an absolute extraordinary event not to be missed ever.

I I agree with you my friend, do not have to compare, being next to people you admired his whole life day after day and be able to chat with your idols :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:42 pm

WallieWallie wrote:I'll fork over the full amount in one go. Just to get it over and done with and set my mind on other things. :cheers:

I would too if it meant that I didn't have to pay interest, but for the moment I can't. Later on in the year when I have the lump sum, I'll pay the remainder off in one go. :D
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 pm

I want to pop the money down as soon as possible. $AU1.00 = $US1.04 at the moment.

Hurry up Andy and let me give you my money before the dollar drops!!

Putting that in perspective - when we booked our cabin last year, the dollar was at about $US0.90 - so our cabin cost us $4,780 Australian. At the current exchange rate, it would cost $4,130 - a saving of $650!!

:heavydrink:

As far as best time of my life - naaah. As I said on Facebook, getting married, or being present at the birth of my son, THEY qualify as best times of my life.

The cruise was definitely best gig, and best holiday of my life though.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 am

Evican wrote:I would too if it meant that I didn't have to pay interest, but for the moment I can't. Later on in the year when I have the lump sum, I'll pay the remainder off in one go.

I just don't like it to be in debt. Using my creditcard only when there is no option for us Dutchies to pay at a webshop. And immediately pay back so my credit is on max again. Hell, I wouldn't even borrow "gold" from friends/guildmates in World of Warcraft or any other game with a currency.

cowboy71 wrote:I want to pop the money down as soon as possible. $AU1.00 = $US1.04 at the moment.

€1.00 = $1.42 :mrgreen: I say...fire up the bookingspage!!! :headbanger:
    Last year I booked/payed for my cabin at the end of October with a rate of €1.00 = $1.39. The rate looks even better for this year. :beerwink:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 am

cowboy71 wrote:I want to pop the money down as soon as possible. $AU1.00 = $US1.04 at the moment.

1 CHF = 0.93 $US
    (in January it was 1=1)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:As far as best time of my life - naaah. As I said on Facebook, getting married, or being present at the birth of my son, THEY qualify as best times of my life.

The cruise was definitely best gig, and best holiday of my life though.

This "best time of your life?" question is interesting now that I've given it a fair amount of thought and I have a few months of perspective. I agree with you Dallas, that if I were to consider ALL kinds of categories of "good times" or maybe broaden it to "special times or moments" in my life, the cruise would not be #1 overall - way "up there" but not #1. Even if I consider just the category of multi-day music events, I'd have to say that the cruise and my two Wackens are tied for #1. My experience at all three were quite different and fantastic in their own way, so I've decided I just can't rank them.

And you mentioned family stuff like children being born - so yeah, I have to put special moments like that in a completely different category as well.... ;)

Having said all that, however, the cruise WAS GREAT and I'm super excited to go again....and just wish I could book it already! :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am

1 US$ = 4.08 ARS here, I already bought dollars or else I'd have to sell my girlfriend, sister and mother to travel
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 am

tyrwoman wrote:, the cruise would not be #1 overall - way "up there" but not #1. Even if I consider just the category of multi-day music events, I'd have to say that the cruise and my two Wackens are tied for #1. My experience at all three were quite different and fantastic in their own way, so I've decided I just can't rank them.

I was only in the flesh for one of these events, enough said :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 am

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:, the cruise would not be #1 overall - way "up there" but not #1. Even if I consider just the category of multi-day music events, I'd have to say that the cruise and my two Wackens are tied for #1. My experience at all three were quite different and fantastic in their own way, so I've decided I just can't rank them.

I was only in the flesh for one of these events, enough said :heavydrink:

Indeed! :cheers: Btw, Kevin - I imagine if some of us really do a mini-cruise "reunion" at Metalcamp in 2012 - that will be another multi-day music event to potentially add to the "#1 tie" spot. Well, and of course there is the 2012 cruise, Maryland Death Fest 2011 for you, Hole in the Sky Fest 2011 for me, and god knows what else down the pike..... ;)

I was going to edit/add something to my original post - so I'll just say it here...I think I'm going to keep with compartmentalizing different categories of special times in different parts of my mind. That is.... I'm not gonna bother trying to compare any event from one "category" to an event in a completely different category. The peak experiences are just too....different! Ha - how many times can I say different in one post? Ouch....my brain is starting to hurt thinking about all of this. :roll: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 pm

tyrwoman wrote:I know from facebook and here, lots of folks are anxious to book the cruise for 2012. :headbanger:

Now that 2011 has happened and it was an incredible success (and I know at least a dozen people who said it was THE BEST time they ever had in their life).....how long do you think it will take for the 70000TONS OF METAL CRUISE 2012 to sell out?

My guess?
    Seven days.

:deathmetal: :metalguy: :headbanger: :death: :shred: :viking: :beerhorns: :trashdrink: :cheers: :beerwink: :party: :givebeer: :heavydrink:

Based on sales so far, I'm holding to my original prediction of 7 days. ;)
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Being new to the cruise, I thought "There's no way it would sell it out that fast. I give it a few months." But it looks like the only thing hindering faster sales is the clogged up booking system/difficulty in reaching UMC admin. I say: 2 weeks if they get everything sorted out, 1 month otherwise.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:11 am

I must admit that I'm having nightmares about how fast it will sell out :( As we were not on the last cruise we have to wait for the public sales and are so afraid that only the suites will be left at that time and we won't be able to afford it.
    But I guess that in max 2-3 weeks all the affordable cabins will be booked. Maybe they'll have to do the 70000 tons of metal twice a year in the future!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 pm

MadameLePink wrote:I must admit that I'm having nightmares about how fast it will sell out :( As we were not on the last cruise we have to wait for the public sales and are so afraid that only the suites will be left at that time and we won't be able to afford it.
    But I guess that in max 2-3 weeks all the affordable cabins will be booked. Maybe they'll have to do the 70000 tons of metal twice a year in the future!

Even if there are only expensive cabins left, there are bound to be more than a few people who end up needing an extra person or 2 to fill a room. Some probably booked rooms without getting all the people they need, or people decide they can't go for whatever reason.

So I would stay active, get you face and pink hair known alot, so in case someone is looking for anyone, you can pounce on it and your chances are greater if your face is more familiar.

Good luck :mrgreen:

ARTILLERY & ILLDISPOSED for 2012 :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:51 am

This man is telling the truth... for once. I hastily booked myself a position in one of the cabins (a single) but now things have changed and I will be giving it up and moving to a different cabin with other people.

I would guess that this might be the case for a good few people which may end up freeing up a few places or cabins for the unfortunate.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:09 am

Thanks, guys :) I will follow the advice and keep my fingers crossed :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Hmm, things are still happening behind the scenes. I noticed that Double rooms on Deck 8 are now sold out too! Sort of surprising actually. I was sure the interiors would sell out before the ocean view cabins started selling out.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Hmm, things are still happening behind the scenes. I noticed that Double rooms on Deck 8 are now sold out too! Sort of surprising actually. I was sure the interiors would sell out before the ocean view cabins started selling out.

yup, 11 out of 30 categories sold out so far. Moving cabins pretty fast I'd say.

:givebeer:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Hmm, things are still happening behind the scenes. I noticed that Double rooms on Deck 8 are now sold out too! Sort of surprising actually. I was sure the interiors would sell out before the ocean view cabins started selling out.

yup, 11 out of 30 categories sold out so far. Moving cabins pretty fast I'd say.

:givebeer:

Who's staying in the Grand Suite Quads on Deck 10? Just saw that that is sold out too :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:58 pm

So we can keep a running tally of what is sold out thusfar:

Interior N - 103
    Interior M - 83
    Interior L (Quad) - 11
    Interior K (Quad) - 20
    Ocean View I (Double and Quad) - 76
    Quad GS - 1(?)

Total - 294

REMAINING:

Interior L - 70 (52 double, 18 triple)
    Interior K - 135 (123 double, 12 triple)
    Ocean View I - 22 (triple)
    Ocean View H - 122 (104 double, 8 triple, 10 quad)
    Ocean View G - 98 (88 double, 6 triple, 4 quad)
    Ocean View F - 262 (226 double, 20 triple, 16 quad)
    Superior SO - 84
    Junior Suite JS - 50
    Grand Suite GS - 7
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 pm

MadameLePink wrote:I must admit that I'm having nightmares about how fast it will sell out :( As we were not on the last cruise we have to wait for the public sales and are so afraid that only the suites will be left at that time and we won't be able to afford it.

twice a year would be amazing
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:10 pm

My next how fast will 2012 sell out prediction.....

fast
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 pm

seeing how fast deck 2 AND 3 were sold out AND most of the quads I think once the sale goes open for the public it's going fast.
    people who didn't go last time and heard all our stories will surely come. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people were already saving some money.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 pm

DemonNIN wrote:

twice a year would be amazing

1. It's tough enough for most to afford this as is.
    2. Just because you have 2 does not increase the chance of anyone else getting one. There would DEFINITELY be a lot of people who would want to go on both.
    3. I'm pretty sure that the organization takes pretty much the whole year to get everything sorted.

The only way it could happen twice a year would be for each cruise to be half the size and price. But that would mean us Europeans (a decent percentage of people) would have to be paying for 2 trips which are quite expensive already. It would also mean you'd likely be paying for the next one while on the cruise.

I know Sweden Rock Cruise runs twice a year but that only has 6 bands and is a much smaller cruise which is the only reason that they can do so.

I take these things very seriously :lol:

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 am

Well, my thought was that if there were two cruises, then most people wouldn't be able to afford to go on both so there would be space for more to attend.
    Otherwise there could be one in Europe and one in the States.
    I wouldn't be able to afford two cruises in a year and I wouldn't even want to leave Europe in the summer because it's so nice here and there are all the festivals. But january is the perfect time to go to the other side of the world :)
    And I agree, it probably would be hard to get one cruise arranged in only six months in stead of a whole year.
    But maybe there will be others trying to do something similar if the success of 70000 tons of metal continues.

Beer and bananas!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 am

I don't really like that idea. Because then you are trying to split people up. I love being able to say I'm going on THE cruise because there is nothing else like it and one of the main reasons is that I can meet up with the people from this forum. Having 2 cruises for separate parts of the world would take away from that. Also they will have to have 2 different lineups.

Bottom line, I think we're better sticking to just the one cruise. If they have to make it bigger next year to accommodate the demand, then so be it. I will decide then if I want to still be a part of it.

Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

This is because for only $33 more you can have a window so people took advantage of that. I missed that so will probably be on deck 4.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:

This is because for only $33 more you can have a window so people took advantage of that. I missed that so will probably be on deck 4.

Meh, you're not missing much. The windows don't even open (well not on deck 5) which is the only reason I would want one.

Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm

hehe, guess people like natural light. I don't care too much. I'm a metalhead and love the DARKNESS!!!!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:hehe, guess people like natural light. I don't care too much. I'm a metalhead and love the DARKNESS!!!!

Me too. Plus, if you want light or air just go to the deck. The cabin's for sleeping so the darkness is perfect.

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:hehe, guess people like natural light. I don't care too much. I'm a metalhead and love the DARKNESS!!!!

Oh there will be plenty of darkness when My Dying Bride plays! :headbanger:

As for me, I liked the window. I can sleep whenever, wherever so that's not an issue. I just like being able to peek out... and have a possible escape route in case the zombies come.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Ravenlord wrote:

Me too. Plus, if you want light or air just go to the deck. The cabin's for sleeping so the darkness is perfect.

I also use the cabin for drinking :beerwink:

Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm

junkhead13 wrote:

Oh there will be plenty of darkness when My Dying Bride plays! :headbanger:

As for me, I liked the window. I can sleep whenever, wherever so that's not an issue. I just like being able to peek out... and have a possible escape route in case the zombies come.

Yeah, man..... They will probably (since they have a good following) play on the Pool deck and in Chorus Line Theater.. though I would love it if both of their sets were just in Chorus Line Theater.

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm down with a show on the Pool Deck. That was my favorite place to hang out and seeing My Dying Bride under the stars is gonna be sick!
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • Locked 446 posts