Locked 446 posts
Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:09 pm

I think it's gotta do with quality of the band announcements so far. I'm quite happy with a few but it hasn't blown me away like the first cruise. Most veterans I've talked to are less excited than I am at the overall lineup. My guess is that a large group of people would love to be on broad but they are waiting for a band to wow them to justify such a large purchase. This means more band announcements Andy! Please?

Of course if they were on the first cruise they would realize that you don't need an amazing lineup to have a great trip :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:29 pm

I was pretty convinced that I was going in 2012 the second I realized I couldn't go this year. The lineup this year was so good that if next year is only half as good, it's still worth it.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:34 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I was pretty convinced that I was going in 2012 the second I realized I couldn't go this year. The lineup this year was so good that if next year is only half as good, it's still worth it.

Same here. It's been a personal mission for me to go in 2012, regardless of the line-up, I've been quite obsessed about it.

4 1/2 out of 11 bands so far isn't bad, though. I'm only counting Tristania as a half because they used to be one of my favourite bands, but I haven't listened to them since they got a new singer.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

Conrad wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I was pretty convinced that I was going in 2012 the second I realized I couldn't go this year. The lineup this year was so good that if next year is only half as good, it's still worth it.

Same here. It's been a personal mission for me to go in 2012, regardless of the line-up, I've been quite obsessed about it.

4 1/2 out of 11 bands so far isn't bad, though. I'm only counting Tristania as a half because they used to be one of my favourite bands, but I haven't listened to them since they got a new singer.

I would say that those who are totally gung-ho about going are already booked and ready to broad the ship. Now it's the stragglers that UMC has to collect. Figured with the amount of good press the cruise got and the jealousy I see from fellow metalheads at shows that there would be many more tickets sold already. Lends me to believe that the price is too steep or the lineup isn't good enough yet for those who are undecided if it's worth the purchase. A headliner announcement would go a long way towards that :D Andy, the floor is yours :headbanger:
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Conrad wrote:

Yeah I really dislike the new singer
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Would have loved to meet Vibeke :cry:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:I would say that those who are totally gung-ho about going are already booked and ready to broad the ship. Now it's the stragglers that UMC has to collect. Figured with the amount of good press the cruise got and the jealousy I see from fellow metalheads at shows that there would be many more tickets sold already. Lends me to believe that the price is too steep or the lineup isn't good enough yet for those who are undecided if it's worth the purchase. A headliner announcement would go a long way towards that :D Andy, the floor is yours :headbanger:

Once again I guess we all over estimated the general public's reaction to this. I figured this would sell out really fast, almost as fast as they could process the requests. But yeah, this isn't a $150 festival ticket that people have to drive 3 hours to get to. It's a pricey vacation for almost everyone. Still totally worth it no matter how you slice it.

A few more bands announcements would hopefully do the trick or spurn more people into action.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:A headliner announcement would go a long way towards that :D Andy, the floor is yours :headbanger:

Something tells me Andy & Co don't really give a crap how many ppl show up just so long as they get cabins for themselves and get to party and take part with the rest of us :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm curious. With all the talk about how the 2012 lineup doesn't compare to 2011... does anyone remember who the first 10 bands announced were for last year? It's kind of hard to make a comparison at this point unless we know where we were last time. Here's hoping the remaining 30 bands will be kickass haha. :viking:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 pm

hm.... well I heard about it around march because of Epica
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I remember a few early announcements were Amon Amarth, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Testament (I think) and Blind Guardian. Think Death Angel and Exodus were early additions too but I can't remember.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Oh yeah! Steve, go to this thread http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4&start=4200 start at the beginning and you'll see people talking about the first groups of bands
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Trouble and Uli were definitely amongst the first 10 and I think Raven and Saxon may have been as well, if not shortly after
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Steve110 wrote:I'm curious. With all the talk about how the 2012 lineup doesn't compare to 2011... does anyone remember who the first 10 bands announced were for last year? It's kind of hard to make a comparison at this point unless we know where we were last time. Here's hoping the remaining 30 bands will be kickass haha. :viking:

At this time last year there were 19 bands announced. The first 10 were: Amon Amarth, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Trouble, Witchburner, Epica, Uli Jon Roth, Fintroll, and Raven. The other 9 were Saxon, Moonspell, Obituary, Swashbuckle, Death Angel. Testament, Forbidden, Exodus, and Fear Factory.
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Conrad wrote:

I feel the same way about Tristania, they were one of my favourite bands too... but the new singer is just terrible. It's a shame...
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Wow, yeah Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Saxon, Obituary... Last year's first announcements pretty much shits on this year.

Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely excited, but let's see some awesome bands that I haven't seen live before! Dragonland? Bloodbath? Kreator? Bueller?
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Steve110 wrote:Wow, yeah Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Saxon, Obituary... Last year's first announcements pretty much shits on this year.

Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely excited, but let's see some awesome bands that I haven't seen live before! Dragonland? Bloodbath? Kreator? Bueller?

+1 Dragonland!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 am

Steve110 wrote:Wow, yeah Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Saxon, Obituary... Last year's first announcements pretty much shits on this year.

Not for me. My Dying Bride and Coroner blow away all those bands combined and I'm a huge Obituary fan. Throw in Moonsorrow, who I always wanted to see, and I'm pretty happy so far. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 am

DemonNIN wrote:Would have loved to meet Vibeke :cry:

I met her in 2000 in San Bernadino, Ca at November to Dismember festival. She was amazing. I cannot fathom the band without her.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:To the people who booked up the Grand Suites,

Where do you work? I see that you have much disposable income, and I would like to have that too. Please give me a job.

Sincerely,
    A Poor College Student in the Interior Deck 2.

I'm in on this petition as well
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:27 pm

I booked as soon as public sales opened like a kid in line at Ticketmaster in 1988. Although its my biased opinion, If you haven't seen Amorphis you are in for a treat. 2005 was the last and only time I got to see them. Hope they play like they did then. Tight set, didn't miss a beat, played every song I wanted to hear and then some. Number one in Finland for a reason.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:To the people who booked up the Grand Suites,

Where do you work? I see that you have much disposable income, and I would like to have that too. Please give me a job.

Sincerely,
    A Poor College Student in the Interior Deck 2.

I'm in on this petition as well

I'm guessing those were reserved for the bands.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 am

Bands last year were from Deck 8 from what I remember :?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah, I doubt they'd give the highest profit margin rooms away... though I'm certain bands get offered a discount on those rooms if they want them
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:08 am

KevinP wrote:Bands last year were from Deck 8 from what I remember :?

I heard the bands were spread out all over the boat. Though I remember walking down a hallway towards The Spectrum Lounge and I noticed lots of Do Not Disturb signs and notes on the doors. Seemed like where the bands would be staying.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:39 am

I believe they were all over the boat, I know one band was on deck 9 and I believe I saw some gear on my deck, 3
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 am

mooyagi wrote:I remember a few early announcements were Amon Amarth, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Testament (I think) and Blind Guardian. Think Death Angel and Exodus were early additions too but I can't remember.

Blind Guardian were kinda late
    we already booked and were convinced that it's going to be a blast...and THEN Blind Guardian and Sanctuary got announced!
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 am

so do you mean that as a good thing or a bad thing?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:48 am

KDibildox wrote:so do you mean that as a good thing or a bad thing?

It was an excellent thing!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:48 am

hahah well I figured for you it was
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 am

if I could have wished for two bands - I probably would have picked those two
    you do the math ;)

has anybody talked to a band member about the time they got booked for the cruise?
    I mean: the two band mentioned were announced in fall...but maybe they signed the deal months ahead
    I was quite convinced that they get to sign some bands early this year - but the announcements are 1-2 bands short of my expectation
    the line-up will be good anyway - that's why I don't really care about the time they announce the bands...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:02 am

ah :)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:30 pm

last_candle wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I remember a few early announcements were Amon Amarth, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Testament (I think) and Blind Guardian. Think Death Angel and Exodus were early additions too but I can't remember.

Blind Guardian were kinda late
    we already booked and were convinced that it's going to be a blast...and THEN Blind Guardian and Sanctuary got announced!

What's that you say? You would like some analysis done? Of what bands were announced when?

Analysis Man to the rescue!!

First bands - 18 Dec 09
    Amon Amarth, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Trouble, Witchburner

January
    Uli Jon Roth (16th)

February
    Epica (3rd), Finntroll (12th), Raven (16th), Saxon (23rd)

March
    Moonspell (3rd), Obituary (12th), Swashbuckle (23rd)

April
    Death Angel (9th), Testament (26th)

May
    Forbidden (11th), Exodus (26th)

July
    Fear Factory (1st), Agent Steel (9th), Iced Earth (22nd)

August
    Ensiferum (4th), Marduk (11th), Korpiklaani (14th)

September
    Rage (2nd), Unleashed (7th), Tyr (10th), Gamma Ray & Cripper (18th), Nevermore & Sanctuary (24th)

October
    Dark Tranquillity (14th), Sabaton (16th), Blackguard & Blind Guardian (26th)

November
    Voivod (10th)

December
    Twilight of the Gods (3rd), Dusk Machine (14th), Malevolent Creation (24th)

January
    Circle II Circle, Arsis, The Absence (15th)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Yeah, I doubt they'd give the highest profit margin rooms away... though I'm certain bands get offered a discount on those rooms if they want them

True. Well I wouldn't know 'cause I wasn't there this year, I just seem to recall when the bookings started this year those were the first to be crossed out, which led me to believe they were booked before the pre-bookings started.

But I could be wrong, which is why I said "I'm guessing" as opposed to "I'm confirming".

2019 Wishlist:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Analysis Man to the rescue!!

First bands - 18 Dec 09
    Amon Amarth, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Trouble, Witchburner

January
    Uli Jon Roth (16th)

February
    Epica (3rd), Finntroll (12th), Raven (16th), Saxon (23rd)

Wow, this years first 11 bands really trump the previous for me. Amon & Sodom were the only ones with any "juice" for me, but by no means favorites. Saw Amon 1.5X & 1 Sodom set. Didn't see any of the other 9 bands

My Dying Bride & Coroner are 2 of my favorite bands & I'll be damned if I don't see them each 2X. Throw in Moonsorrow hopefully 2X, Pestilence 1X & maybe Therion 1X, Grave Digger 1/2X.

So far so good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The remainder we have now kinda compares to the rest of last year: I'll see them depending upon time/schedule
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:What's that you say? You would like some analysis done? Of what bands were announced when?

thanks for the effort!

we booked after Rage was announced but before Gamma Ray and Sanctuary (and of course before Blind Guardian and Sabaton)
    wishlist '25:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:01 am

Pretty sure there were 17 bands announced when we booked. So at that stage there were only Epica and Sonata in the "MUST SEE" list for me. Saxon were a plus, and Finntroll and Amon I got into more as the time for the cruise approached.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:14 am

I believe my group booked in April around the time of Testament's announcement. Considering we were an upgrade (among the first 50 to book) I guess they're doing a little better this year since they haven't even reached 16 bands yet and a good chunk of cabins are sold out :beerwink:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 am

Just noticed that the Ocean View F Quad rooms are now gone. But there were only 16 of them. That Nightwish announcement really paid off huh? :lol:

Just updating Cowboy71's figures:

Interior N - 103
    Interior M - 83
    Interior L - 81
    Interior K (Triple, Quad) - 32
    Ocean View I - 98
    Ocean View H (Quad) - 10
    Ocean View G (Quad) - 4
    Ocean View F (Quad) - 16
    ALL Grand Suites Deck 10 - 8

Total - 435

REMAINING:

Interior K - 123 (double)
    Ocean View H - 112 (104 double, 8 triple)
    Ocean View G - 94 (88 double, 6 triple)
    Ocean View F - 246 (226 double, 20 triple)
    Superior SO - 84
    Junior Suite JS - 50

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 am

Ravenlord wrote:Just noticed that the Ocean View F Quad rooms are now gone. But there were only 16 of them. That Nightwish announcement really paid off huh? :lol:

Just updating Cowboy71's figures:

Interior N - 103
    Interior M - 83
    Interior L - 81
    Interior K (Triple, Quad) - 32
    Ocean View I - 98
    Ocean View H (Quad) - 10
    Ocean View G (Quad) - 4
    Ocean View F (Quad) - 16
    ALL Grand Suites Deck 10 - 8

Total - 435

REMAINING:

Interior K - 123 (double)
    Ocean View H - 112 (104 double, 8 triple)
    Ocean View G - 94 (88 double, 6 triple)
    Ocean View F - 246 (226 double, 20 triple)
    Superior SO - 84
    Junior Suite JS - 50

so are you saying there are 709 spots for the cruise left?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
Locked 446 posts