Locked 446 posts
Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?
  • Laura
    Commander

Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 pm

I know from facebook and here, lots of folks are anxious to book the cruise for 2012. :headbanger:

Now that 2011 has happened and it was an incredible success (and I know at least a dozen people who said it was THE BEST time they ever had in their life).....how long do you think it will take for the 70000TONS OF METAL CRUISE 2012 to sell out?

My guess?
    Seven days.

:deathmetal: :metalguy: :headbanger: :death: :shred: :viking: :beerhorns: :trashdrink: :cheers: :beerwink: :party: :givebeer: :heavydrink:
    Last edited by Laura on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

Re: Wild guess time...how fast will 2012 sell out?

by Wicker Man » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 pm

I really don't know, but i will book asap because it was the best time of my life!!!!
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
  • xkaliber
    Oiler

by xkaliber » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 pm

well you are too optimistic say a month be sure....:P
    Get your motor running
    Head out on the highway
    Looking for adventure
    In whatever comes our way
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 pm

I think it will sell out in a few months, or at least the majority of sales will be during this time as there will still be people who wait for more band announcements.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Wicker Man wrote:I really don't know, but i will book asap because it was the best time of my life!!!!

ok - so you make 13 people I know who said it was the best time of your life. :cheers: :beerwink:
    Last edited by Laura on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cyx
    Oiler

by cyx » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:14 pm

i'm curious about this, too! obviously, the less-expensive, interior cabins will sell out super-quickly (yet another reason i'm crossing my fingers for a presale for maiden voyagers!), but what about the ritzier, ocean-view rooms and suites? they might hang around for a while until someone comes along who doesn't mind dumping major $$$ on them.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:16 pm

I think some of you underestimate the amount of great press this got and how many 2011 people want to book asap?

A few friends of mine think more like 48 hours.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:17 pm

tyrwoman wrote:ok - so you make 13 people I know who said it was the best time of your life. :cheers: :beerwink:

Am I one of those thirteen? If not... It was the best time of my life!

I cannot wait for the band announcements. I am going to go nuts if/when they announce Therion. :party:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

I say 42 days. Everyone always says "I'll be there" then "oh, that much,eh? well.... It was funny--there was a Facebook 70000tons page that had 12000 people on it--- all yappping like they were going.
    People were fighting with others about what bands should play --" Are you going?"--"Uh ,no"
    It's a lot of money, but I think that will sell out very quickly--just always delays with $, families,holidays,passports ,etc.

Luckily, I can do whatever the HELL I want... so count me in!
    Hopefully, nothing is announced while I'm in Dallas next week at a conference---I 'd go mad not being able to get online!!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Evican wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:ok - so you make 13 people I know who said it was the best time of your life. :cheers: :beerwink:

Am I one of those thirteen? If not... It was the best time of my life!

I cannot wait for the band announcements. I am going to go nuts if/when they announce Therion. :party:

Rachael - no! I wasn't counting you! That makes 14!. Therion alone sells it for me! And I believe they are are 99.9% definite. :beerwink:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Many of us thought the initial voyage would sell out immediately as the idea was too good to be true. I remember back in March losing sleep over it waiting for it to go onsale. But alas, that was so far from the truth.

And while I think this will probably sell out eventually, I think it still might take many months, as the total cost for this isn't cheap for alot of the internationals. And lots of the expensive cabins will limit the pool of buyers. Most of us are going to sell out the "cheap cabins" fairly fast.

Now if they announce a big time band like Priest or Motorhead, then that totally changes the game.

But unlike the first time around, they are going to get crushed with all of us wanting to book immediately, UNLESS they have some plan in mind to prevent that from happening (getting "crushed" I mean).
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Rachael - no! I wasn't counting you! That makes 14!. Therion alone sells it for me! And I believe they are are 99.9% definite. :beerwink:

Image Image Image

I agree 100%. I have never contemplated seeing Therion live as I didn't think it would ever happen. Did you see that Kevin emailed Thomas and asked him if he knows any of the other bands that are confirmed? :lol: He didn't give anything away though. But, he seems like a pretty cool guy!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Evican wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Rachael - no! I wasn't counting you! That makes 14!. Therion alone sells it for me! And I believe they are are 99.9% definite. :beerwink:

Image Image Image

I agree 100%. I have never contemplated seeing Therion live as I didn't think it would ever happen. Did you see that Kevin emailed Thomas and asked him if he knows any of the other bands that are confirmed? :lol: He didn't give anything away though. But, he seems like a pretty cool guy!

bloody hell, Rachael...best smilies evah!

Image Image Image

I never thought I would get a chance to see Therion - so this will be a VERY special treat! My cabinmate for 2012 will be seeing them at ProgPower 2011 in Atlanta but I couldn't swing it due to (ahem) my extremely over-indulgent definite plans to go to Hole in the Sky in Norway a month before. :beerhorns:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Evican wrote: Did you see that Kevin emailed Thomas and asked him if he knows any of the other bands that are confirmed? :lol: He didn't give anything away though. But, he seems like a pretty cool guy!

Cool guy that wears eye makeup, Victorian trenchcoat with long flowing blonde hair. I can safely say that Laura will be dressed more "manly" & "metal" than anyone in Therion. (no offense to you Laura, but those Shagrath boots trump purple velvet coats and girlie makeup any day of the week) :lol: :lol: :lol:

And they trump Crocs for that matter :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm

tyrwoman wrote:bloody hell, Rachael...best smilies evah!

Image Image Image

I never thought I would get a chance to see Therion - so this will be a VERY special treat! My cabinmate for 2012 will be seeing them at ProgPower 2011 in Atlanta but I couldn't swing it due to (ahem) my extremely over-indulgent definite plans to go to Hole in the Sky in Norway a month before. :beerhorns:

They're awesome, are they not?! Hehehe!

I am so jealous! You are indeed the keen traveller! I'm sure seeing them (twice) on the cruise and getting to hang out with them for four days will be better than seeing them at a local gig anyway! :heavydrink:
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:13 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    Wicker Man wrote:I really don't know, but i will book asap because it was the best time of my life!!!!

ok - so you make 13 people I know who said it was the best time of your life. :cheers: :beerwink:

Woot! i'm #13!!!! :beerwink: :cheers:

This is thirteen!!! (yes i want anvil on the boat!)
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    Dan
    Wiper

by Dan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Well if rumors are true and there is pre sale for all that went this year i'd say a couple of hours max
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Wicker Man wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:

Woot! i'm #13!!!! :beerwink: :cheers:

This is thirteen!!! (yes i want anvil on the boat!)

I'm 15! I saw Therion in Mexico City in 05, but wouldn't mind seeing them again :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Evican wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:bloody hell, Rachael...best smilies evah!

Image Image Image

They're awesome, are they not?! Hehehe!

I am so jealous! You are indeed the keen traveller! I'm sure seeing them (twice) on the cruise and getting to hang out with them for four days will be better than seeing them at a local gig anyway! :heavydrink:

Yep! Travel is a huge priority for me and I've travelled a lot - but then again, my travel has all been to destinations in North America, Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe where one can fly relatively inexpensively to ANY of those places from Chicago's O'Hare (nation's busiest so they say) International Airport. I know you and some of the others from "down under" paid A LOT to fly to Miami for 70K 2011! :shock:

But back to Therion - seeing them on the cruise would/will be quite amazing! :D
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

It'll take a few months at the earliest to sell out, I would expect. I do expect the lower level cabins to go pretty quickly though. Either way, book early so you've got nothing to worry about :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Yep! Travel is a huge priority for me and I've travelled a lot - but then again, my travel has all been to destinations in
    North America, Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe where one can fly relatively inexpensively to ANY of those places from Chicago's O'Hare (nation's busiest so they say) International Airport. I know you and some of the others from "down under" paid A LOT to fly to Miami for 70K 2011! :shock:

But back to Therion - seeing them on the cruise would/will be quite amazing! :D

That we did! My flights were more than I paid for the cruise! (Including spending money, boarding pass bill and the cost of the hotel)

DEFINITELY! I am seriously on edge about the first band announcements and confirmed booking information. :shock: :shock:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm not sure if my mind can handle them dragging out the band announcements over a 12 month span again. Hopefully they do it the way most other festivals work (over a few moths span).

I would tend to think most people who are "on the fence" would be able to make their decision earlier.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:05 pm

For all of the internationals that are saying they will be there, once the reality of the cost kicks in there will be a lot that decide against it.

I mean look at my wife and I - for us to do it financially, it will cost roughly $8,000 JUST for flights and cabin.

Return flights to Miami - $2,800 each
    Cabin (double, deck 8) - $1,299 + $249 tax each

Not every metalhead has that kind of money kicking around :P

But for us its not the financials thats the issue - its the fact that we've got a 2 year old son, and an 11 year old daughter who will be starting Year 7 at school next year (and the cruise is the first damn week of the school year!!)

So yeah - on topic I don't think it will sell out immediately. The expensive cabins will definitely be the last to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:15 pm

I wish I lived in FL but glad I live in the US at least. I can't wait to book!!!!
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Please add me to the list of those who thought it was the best week of their life LOL!!!!!!!!!! Andy promised me on the boat that everybody who was on the inagural cruise would get first "dibs" on the 2012 cruise. I am so pumped. :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 pm

Im gonna have to agree with the "best time of my life" statement because it was just that.
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 pm

I'd imagine it will sell out in a month or two. Myself I don't care how much I have to pay I will get on this boat even if I have to stow-away lol.
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote: Andy promised me on the boat that everybody who was on the inagural cruise would get first "dibs" on the 2012 cruise. I am so pumped. :death:

I'm glad that this seems to be the case. I know this might sound a bit petty but I know -a lot- of people who are dead set on the 2012 cruise, some of them are total metalheads... and a lot aren't. I think one of the main things I loved about 2011 is that most people that were there were there for a party BUT ultimately, they were there for the metal \m/. I think giving 2011 cruisers first dibs will prevent future cruises from becoming total groupiefests for people that just want to say they've hung out with "rockstars". Ha, sorry for the douchey rant! I hope most ticket sales go to 2011 cruisers and true lovers of metal :)
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Posted to the facebook photo group:

Over on the 70K forum, a member was commenting in a thread about how many people she knew who have said that last year's cruise was, "THE BEST TIME THEY EVER HAD IN THEIR LIFE".... So I was curious, out of our 453 members, and those who actually went on the cruise, who of you would say the above statement is 100% true for you? (no need to reply if your answer is no/maybe/not sure)

I'll start...

ME!! = 1

(If you're a non-facebook user, say something like 'Facebook sucks but Me + 1 and I'll add you to the tally over there)

Back on topic - I think that 3/4 of the cabins will be gone within 48 hours and the rest within no more than 4 weeks
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:03 am

Can't remember if I told Laura or not, but I felt like broken record stating it was the best week/vacation/thing to every person I saw. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 am

you mean it hasn't sold out already :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 am

DragonLordJones wrote:you mean it hasn't sold out already :lol:

Word has gotten around of your "panties incident" and that has scared more than a few people away so far. Hence why cabins are still available :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 am

If I have to, I'd say 3 months to total sell-out. That's being conservative.

I'm with all y'all who don't think it will sell OUT immediately, but I think the cheap/reasonable rooms will go VERY fast if not immediately. The rest will absolutely go before we sail, and I do think it will happen pretty quickly.

I, personally, had 7 friends who said they were REALLY interested in 2012 upon hearing my enthusiasm upon getting home, nevermind more who thought they'd like to, maybe, oh that's so cool, blah blah. This has been narrowed down for me to two friends I plan on for cabin mates for 2012. These are people who were not on 2011. I booked with someone I met in the forums for 2011, and I think she has the same thing going on. My remaining 5 friends still might end up coming, IF they don't miss out on booking by being on the fence and losing me as "lead passenger". From what I understand this is not an uncommon situation. Math is not really my strong point, and I don't know exactly how many people were on board for 2011, but even if the average -- taking account for people who aren't going to repeat the trip and those who are bringing on more that one new passenger -- was every single person having one new person booking with them it means a sold-out ship quickly, and with a bunch of unhappy people left over.

:party:
  • sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 am

I say 3 months.. Just a guess...
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted to the facebook photo group:

Over on the 70K forum, a member was commenting in a thread about how many people she knew who have said that last year's cruise was, "THE BEST TIME THEY EVER HAD IN THEIR LIFE".... So I was curious, out of our 453 members, and those who actually went on the cruise, who of you would say the above statement is 100% true for you? (no need to reply if your answer is no/maybe/not sure)

I'll start...

ME!! = 1

(If you're a non-facebook user, say something like 'Facebook sucks but Me + 1 and I'll add you to the tally over there)

Back on topic - I think that 3/4 of the cabins will be gone within 48 hours and the rest within no more than 4 weeks

:lol: I'm guessing you're addressing me here. Facebook sucks but Me + 1 :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am

It will sell out on 6/6/11.

So sayeth Zoltar.
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 am

6 - 8 months after they go on sale.
    Wanna know why?
    Cause just like last year people paying for the cabins might pull out half way through due to financial issues later in the year.
    A lot of people will stil be opting for the 4 part payment option as they won't have the full amount of cash up front. ;)
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 am

Just got back from talking to the money man. I'll have the money in my hand's for the cruise by next saturday :shred: I don't care if I have to buy the presidential suite I will get on this boat no matter how much debt I have to rack up lol!

I can't imagine the financial committment it takes for some of our oversea's friend's to get here for this. Thankfully I'm a single dude with a well paying job so :headbanger:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:08 am

I also think it will take a few months, just due to the actual costs. But on the other hand, I also want to book as soon as possible, just in case ;)
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 am

Metalwrath wrote:A lot of people will stil be opting for the 4 part payment option as they won't have the full amount of cash up front. ;)

I'm counting a booking as sold out, not necessarily all paid for but I agree. Many will choose this option and if that's your criteria then it changes the whole equation.
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Locked 446 posts