Locked 227 posts
More Extreme Metal for 2012
    kouta666
    Crewman

Re: Give us more hard stuff!

by kouta666 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:48 pm

viathyn wrote:In all seriousness though, to the OP, there are several bands you listed that stylistically would never make the cut here. Andy knows what he's doing. Several of those could be a possibility though. I do believe they've already been split up by some forumites, so you can fill in the blanks I guess! :lol:

...and by this do you mean they need to have been around for atleast 15 years!? Seems to be the pattern.
    Fine by me, I'm an old schooler :cool:
    WISHLIST: Agalloch, Be'Lakor, Destroyer 666, Into Eternity, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Kreator, Rotting Christ

2012: Cabin 666
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

kouta666 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:In all seriousness though, to the OP, there are several bands you listed that stylistically would never make the cut here. Andy knows what he's doing. Several of those could be a possibility though. I do believe they've already been split up by some forumites, so you can fill in the blanks I guess! :lol:

...and by this do you mean they need to have been around for atleast 15 years!? Seems to be the pattern.
    Fine by me, I'm an old schooler :cool:

I just think he means there no chance in hell that they would book:

Machine Head
    As I lay Dying
    Hatebreed
    Parkway Drive

:heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Exaaaaaactly.

Nah, I really dig up and coming bands, Some of the younger bands last cruise put on some really entertaining and energetic sets. I just think that Andy is going to keep this authentic and underground.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

kouta666
    Crewman

by kouta666 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm

viathyn wrote:authentic and underground.

I can dig it.......

:shred: :viking: :shred:
    WISHLIST: Agalloch, Be'Lakor, Destroyer 666, Into Eternity, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Kreator, Rotting Christ

2012: Cabin 666
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Have always been curious what 'As I lay Dying and Parkway Drive are like.
    Never bothered lsitening to them as the names smell of screamo/metalcore
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:46 pm

kouta666 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:authentic and underground.

I can dig it.......

:shred: :viking: :shred:

You have the most epic profile picture ever.
    Metalwrath wrote:Have always been curious what 'As I lay Dying and Parkway Drive are like.
    Never bothered lsitening to them as the names smell of screamo/metalcore

It's pretty much exactly what you're expecting. As I Fap Crying is playing Wacken this year too :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah but if you look at the band times Rhapsody are palying when they are on in the party stage which is the obvious choice ;)
    Although it's kind of bullshit haveing Rhapsody play the party stage.Just shows how wrong Wackens band priorities are :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:Anyone else's inner creep get excited when you read the title of this thread?

Hahaha mine reacted more to this:

Coseuve wrote:I want it in my face

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Anyone else's inner creep get excited when you read the title of this thread?

:lol: :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:47 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

:lol: :beerwink:

Image :lol:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't know about Parkway Drive... never heard of them...

but As I Lay Dying are straight up metal.... which some call 'metalcore' which is better than most types of metal in my opinion. Nothing wrong with chunk and groove with melody over top and extremely 'heavy' metal...that's basically for what some of you would call metalcore bands are.... are...

In any note.... I like lots of the bands on this person's list and completely agree with this thread.

Give us more HEAVY MUSIC (stuff).

Erik would like most of these bands too and split them quite well... though I do like In Flames, especially their middle albums (Colony, Clayman, Reroute). As I Lay Dying is fine, people don't like them because they are nothing 'different' or special but they do regular 'metal' well.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Coseuve wrote:Machine Head
    Cannibal Corpse
    As I lay Dying
    Dying Fetus
    Hatebreed
    In Flames
    Morbid Angel
    Parkway Drive
    Six feet under
    Napalm Death
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    Dismember

No

Coseuve wrote:Bolt Thrower
    Misery Index
    Kreator

Yes
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 am

I'm also here for the really heavy stuff. I'm hoping that at least most of the next 25 bands are bands I WANT to see. So far, I'm only really satisfied with about 4 bands thus far. The rest I will attempt to check out at some point during the cruise because I keep an open mind. Some of the bands I'm hoping will get in are in my signature.

On the last cruise I was really excited for at least 19 of the 40 bands, so I'm hoping that this year I will be excited for the same amount. Even if the rest of the band announcements suck (they better not!), I will still enjoy this experience anyways.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 am

Morbid Angel minus last album
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Morbid Angel's new album is good stuff and some what a breath of fresh air for Death Metal. (unless you were talking about Heretic).

If you like Heretic better than the new one, something is wrong with you. :roll:

Anyways... Hail to the new Morbid Angel and hail to Tim Yeung!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:32 pm

just trust in u.m.c. im sure they will make the right choices. i think they have thus far. :headbanger:
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Atheist, Kreator, Emperor pretty much sum up the extreme metal bands I'd like to see onboard, unless you count Toxik and Heathen as extreme metal

edit: Kalmah would also be very cool
    Last edited by Element0s on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Atheist & Kreator would be sweeeeet

Emperor seem way too unlikely
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MetalJunkie
    Oiler

by MetalJunkie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:40 am

I agree, there are already too many power/folk/whatever bands, we need some death, black(dark funeral was a good booking!) prog etc.

Bands like Mastodon, Motörhead, WASP, 1349,Lamb Of God, KVELERTAK(the best live band of all time, i shit you not!!) Anvil, Slayer, Job For A Cowboy, Morbid Angel, BEHEMOTH! and so on, enough with this powerfolkvikingmetal already!
    Scream until you like it
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:18 am

Ktulured55 wrote:Morbid Angel's new album is good stuff and some what a breath of fresh air for Death Metal. (unless you were talking about Heretic).

If you like Heretic better than the new one, something is wrong with you. :roll:

Anyways... Hail to the new Morbid Angel and hail to Tim Yeung!

I really hope you are trolling about the new Morbid angel album.
    If not then you may want to invest in soem of these

Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer

by Devils Advocate » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:33 am

I really hope you are trolling about the new Morbid angel album.
    If not then you may want to invest in soem of these

Image[/quote]

You've made a valid point there - The buds are a better investment than the new MA :oops:
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 am

I do NOT like the new Morbid Angel. There are moments, but they are fleeting and aren't worth forcing myself to listen to the rest of the confusion. However, I'd still love to see them on the cruise.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:09 am

MetalJunkie wrote:I agree, there are already too many power/folk/whatever bands, we need some death, black(dark funeral was a good booking!) prog etc.

Bands like Mastodon, Motörhead, WASP, 1349,Lamb Of God, KVELERTAK(the best live band of all time, i shit you not!!) Anvil, Slayer, Job For A Cowboy, Morbid Angel, BEHEMOTH! and so on, enough with this powerfolkvikingmetal already!

one more power/folk Tursias then back to real metal, :deathmetal:
    M.A. doing alters of madness one set and blessed are the sick the other
    The ship is not big enough for the ego of Rob Flynn so no machine head. maybe Vio-lince with out him for some thrash
    and how about a Hypocrisy stage ;) Hypocrisy doing their entire discography twice :cheers:

i really do not care. going to be another great week no matter who plays.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:07 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:and how about a Hypocrisy stage ;) Hypocrisy doing their entire discography twice :cheers:

You are a great thinker!

How about a stage with all things Hypocrisy:
    Hypocrisy
    Immortal
    Bloodbath
    Dark Funeral (final show with Emperor Magus Caligula)
    Lock Up
    Pain
    The Abyss
    War

:death: Too good to EVER happen. :|
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: More Extreme Metal for 2012

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I wonder if this thread was actually started my Nostradametalus :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I wonder if this thread was actually started my Nostradametalus :headbanger:

:lol: :lol: :lol: My thoughts too
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:22 pm

I knew Andy was a brutal weenie deep down. More power (not metal) to him :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 227 posts