Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1
the wait... is a little frustrating.
  • eviljess
    Oiler

the wait... is a little frustrating.

by eviljess » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 pm

we are two months behind of last years bookings. none of the bands are known yet. and im getting impatient. just a little frustrated because i dont want to miss out. the maiden voyage was just way to cool and i dont want to miss out on the second. am i the only one that feels this way? shouldnt amon amarth be on every voyage? im way to excited. :headbanger:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: the wait... is a little frustrating.

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 pm

eviljess wrote:we are two months behind of last years bookings. none of the bands are known yet. and im getting impatient. just a little frustrated because i dont want to miss out. the maiden voyage was just way to cool and i dont want to miss out on the second. am i the only one that feels this way? shouldnt amon amarth be on every voyage? im way to excited. :headbanger:

Welcome to the forums! If you look around a bit you'll find everyone's feeling the same way. Come hang out here with us here and help kill some time before they announce the bookings and bands!

:headbanger:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Looking on the bright side, I reckon the waiting is less frustrating than last year :p

Last year with me, every time we went more than around 2 weeks without a band announcement I started to stress out thinking "wow maybe they've done a runner with our money and its not gonna happen" :p

Now, yes its annoying as I want them to take my money while the mighty Aussie dollar is so strong against the Greenback, but I know the cruise is totally gonna happen so its all cool :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 pm

i remember just hanging around on the ship with all the band members walking around thinking this is so surreal. never could i bump elbows with the caliber of musicians like i did on that trip anywhere else. i dont know about you guys, but some of these guys are music gods. gene hoglan just sittin around and walking around the ship just checking bands out, how cool is that? i remember watching trouble in the spectrum lounge and in walks the whole obituary band and sits down on the couches with their feet up. seeing marduk so close that black metal was just crushing my face. these are some great fucking memories for this metalhead. what a great time to be a metalhead. :shred:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote:.... I want them to take my money while the mighty Aussie dollar is so strong against the Greenback, but I know the cruise is totally gonna happen so its all cool :headbanger:

Good point about the exchange rate, it might be advantageous to set up a trip fund in American dollars with my Canadian money now. I hate gambling with currency rates, though. Also a good point about the security you feel compared to last year. I didn't even find out about the cruise 'til August and booked in September. Even just that short amount of time felt like an eternity. I can't image what it was like for the people who booked earlier!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:.... I want them to take my money while the mighty Aussie dollar is so strong against the Greenback, but I know the cruise is totally gonna happen so its all cool :headbanger:

Good point about the exchange rate, it might be advantageous to set up a trip fund in American dollars with my Canadian money now. I hate gambling with currency rates, though.

I wouldn't call it gambling if you know you'll definitely gonna need the money for something
    you just ensure you don't have to spend more Canadian money for a certain amount of US$
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:20 pm

last_candle wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:

Good point about the exchange rate, it might be advantageous to set up a trip fund in American dollars with my Canadian money now. I hate gambling with currency rates, though.

I wouldn't call it gambling if you know you'll definitely gonna need the money for something
    you just ensure you don't have to spend more Canadian money for a certain amount of US$

Not sure but Anika might have been referring to the possibility that, after one has made the transaction, the situation improves even more in one's favour, making it so that it would have been more advantageous to wait longer. Not sure though.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Looking on the bright side, I reckon the waiting is less frustrating than last year :p

Last year with me, every time we went more than around 2 weeks without a band announcement I started to stress out thinking "wow maybe they've done a runner with our money and its not gonna happen" :p

Now, yes its annoying as I want them to take my money while the mighty Aussie dollar is so strong against the Greenback, but I know the cruise is totally gonna happen so its all cool :headbanger:

Definitely!! Take our money while the Aussie dollar is still strong. :headbanger:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 pm

I think last year has taught me some patience..although I will say not that much..haha. I do remember very early on in the forums life one of the popular topics was "is this for real?" I think a lot of us (myself included) had a few moments where we thought either the whole thing was to good to be true and would fall apart or that we were being taken because...well, it was to good to be true. Happily we all know that's not the case so this year I'm much more relaxed in that sense.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:Good point about the exchange rate, it might be advantageous to set up a trip fund in American dollars with my Canadian money now. I hate gambling with currency rates, though.

Not sure but Anika might have been referring to the possibility that, after one has made the transaction, the situation improves even more in one's favour, making it so that it would have been more advantageous to wait longer. Not sure though.

of course that's what she meant - but it's still not gambling, imo
    or NOT buying any US$ is at least as much gambling - it can go in either direction
    even worse: assuming that you wanna buy the ticket right away once they go on sale, you depend on the exchange rate of that very day
    therefore: if you know what you spend the foreign money for, it's not gambling...it's making the deal right away with a known exchange rate
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

by southfloridametal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I thought this might have been a scam of something at first as well, so I called Royal Carribean directly to make sure, They knew about it. I hope they learn how to handle the Mercandise, Event anyway, alot better too
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:52 am

Seems Euro vs Dollar is improving more and more in the advantage of the Europeans at the moment €1.00 = $1.44 as it was €$1.42 last week.

But it's always a "gamble" when to book. But why wait for an even better ratio and to find out all the cheaper cabins have gone and end up with an expensive one. :lol:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:Looking on the bright side, I reckon the waiting is less frustrating than last year :p

You going for sure next year cowboy?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:16 am

Mula22 wrote:

You going for sure next year cowboy?

Hello :)

Its looking around 90% certain at this stage. Basically gonna get ourselves a cabin as soon as they become available so we don't miss out.

Then we're gonna worry about all other logistics like babysitters etc later!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am

cowboy71 wrote:Hello :)

Then we're gonna worry about all other logistics like babysitters, vegemite availability, etc later!!
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I know last year I was also worried about it being a scam, especially when my bank froze my credit card, due to finding the transaction suspicious, since it was being charged out of Singapore, I believe :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

KDibildox wrote:I know last year I was also worried about it being a scam, especially when my bank froze my credit card, due to finding the transaction suspicious, since it was being charged out of Singapore, I believe :lol:

Same here as the money was going thru MoneyBookers and I was restricted in paying on the 2nd and 3rd payments... I was a bit concerned that some "off-shore" bookie was handling my money. Of course, I called Allison, and said no one else was having problems(this kind of stuff ALWAYS happens to me!! lol

:party:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

It sure as hell is frustrating....after not being able to go on the first one, and hearing about how awesome it is from people I know that DID go.

Plus I was signed up for a different metal cruise (Triton Power Cruise) - last year that got canceled and never happened, so its almost like missing out TWICE.

Better believe I will sell my soul to get on the second one, assuming that the band list is at least half as good.
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Enigma42-- hope to see ya abroad!!

What was the Triton Cruise?
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Triton cruise was same idea as 70k, except a smaller scale...was going to be about a dozen bands, and sail for 3 or 4 days.

The promoter ended up canceling it though, so it never happened. But at least I got my money back so I can put it towards this!

Bands signed up were...john oliva's pain, circle ii circle, shadow gallery, pagans mind, and a bunch I don't remember. All power/progressive metal bands.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135798
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:30 am

Frustration level is def peaking!! I like to hear something.. anything. Even if its just one band... I dont care!!! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:17 pm

enigma42 wrote:It sure as hell is frustrating....after not being able to go on the first one, and hearing about how awesome it is from people I know that DID go.

Plus I was signed up for a different metal cruise (Triton Power Cruise) - last year that got canceled and never happened, so its almost like missing out TWICE.

Better believe I will sell my soul to get on the second one, assuming that the band list is at least half as good.

aW DUDE!......THAT SUX!....YOU DEF NEED TO BE ON THIS ONE!....!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:I know last year I was also worried about it being a scam, especially when my bank froze my credit card, due to finding the transaction suspicious, since it was being charged out of Singapore, I believe :lol:

Same here as the money was going thru MoneyBookers and I was restricted in paying on the 2nd and 3rd payments... I was a bit concerned that some "off-shore" bookie was handling my money. Of course, I called Allison, and said no one else was having problems(this kind of stuff ALWAYS happens to me!! lol

:party:

My credit card was frozen after every payment, even though I told them it was going to be a recurring thing :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:18 am

sheila wrote:Frustration level is def peaking!! I like to hear something.. anything. Even if its just one band... I dont care!!! :death:

GEEEZ.....I hope you and hubby will be a alot more fun this trip than the last.....you hardly spoke a word the whole time....just layin around until I made you mingle a bit and socialize! ;) he he
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    sheila wrote:Frustration level is def peaking!! I like to hear something.. anything. Even if its just one band... I dont care!!! :death:

GEEEZ.....I hope you and hubby will be a alot more fun this trip than the last.....you hardly spoke a word the whole time....just layin around until I made you mingle a bit and socialize! ;) he he

lol .. You bet ur beatuiful ass I'm on this ship!!! I'm more OCD now then last year! I'm ready to go ... I hope they announce something soon.. I'm goin crazy!! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 am

Everytime the page goes down I get illusioned...
    ...and then disillusioned
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

Saw a funny message while the forums were down: "MySQL server has gone away [2006]"

Trust UMC to be capable of losing their server. :lol:

Another message I saw said the server had reached maximum number of users allowed. They should really look into getting this fixed. We're losing out on valuable bitching and moaning time!!!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 am

Ravenlord wrote:Another message I saw said the server had reached maximum number of users allowed. They should really look into getting this fixed. We're losing out on valuable bitching and moaning time!!!

:lol: :beerwink: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Saw a funny message while the forums were down: "MySQL server has gone away [2006]"

Another message I saw said the server had reached maximum number of users allowed. They should really look into getting this fixed. We're losing out on valuable bitching and moaning time!!!

:lol: I always get my hopes up. I think because when the dates were announced there was a bit of server downtime earlier that day (Marlo called it, actually) and now everytime they have issues I get my hopes up only to be crushed. They really should get that fixed. Both the site issues and the lack of announcements.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:25 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Saw a funny message while the forums were down: "MySQL server has gone away [2006]"

:lol: I always get my hopes up. I think because when the dates were announced there was a bit of server downtime earlier that day (Marlo called it, actually) and now everytime they have issues I get my hopes up only to be crushed. They really should get that fixed. Both the site issues and the lack of announcements.

Damn right I did :D

Although last time it went down for a few hours and thought they were going to update I posted on the facebook group and felt guilty for putting people's hopes up. As mentioned previously on facebook, UMC has the art of teasing down better than a burlesque dancer :evil:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:42 am

vikingbitch wrote: UMC has the art of teasing down better than a blonde haired Albertan keyboardist :evil:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1