Locked 40 posts Page 1 of 1
guys from chicago...you know who you are.
  • eviljess
    Oiler

guys from chicago...you know who you are.

by eviljess » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:20 am

i hope to see the guys from chicago on the second voyage, i think they were in almost every pit of every band i saw. they had a blast. the one guy had the king diamond backpatch. i never saw so much denim since the late eighties. just a hell of a good time. :headbanger:
    Laura
    Commander

Re: guys from chicago...you know who you are.

by Laura » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 am

eviljess wrote:i hope to see the guys from chicago on the second voyage, i think they were in almost every pit of every band i saw. they had a blast. the one guy had the king diamond backpatch. i never saw so much denim since the late eighties. just a hell of a good time. :headbanger:

I wonder who it is you are referring to. I only had met one Chicagoan cruiser (nekrobarr) prior to the cruise, happened to sit next to another Chicagaon and forumite DOGFACEGOD on the plane to Miami, and met Anika's cabinmate Nikki and a guy named Erik (who I've since run into at Immortal and Ensiferum/Finntroll) on the cruise. I know of a few others like Noelz and chitownrocker - however I never ended up meeting them as far as I know.

Several of us including several from neighboring states Michigan and Indiana will all be at Amon Amarth on the opening night of the tour this Thursday. :viking:
    Cheers to the midwest folks! :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Any of you Chicago people going to Anathema with Blackfield on May 27th? (I know I know, not very heavy, but really amazing, especially live), I'm flying out there from Tucson just to see them, since they aren't playing anywhere near here.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Several of us including several from neighboring states Michigan and Indiana will all be at Amon Amarth on the opening night of the tour this Thursday. :viking:

Can't wait for your review of the show Laura! I am getting so damnably excited to see them in LA :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:38 pm

KDibildox wrote:Any of you Chicago people going to Anathema with Blackfield on May 27th? (I know I know, not very heavy, but really amazing, especially live), I'm flying out there from Tucson just to see them, since they aren't playing anywhere near here.

Hello and I will be there! Couldn't get anyone to go so I'm going alone..... so if you want to meet up there, that would be fun! That venue is first come, first serve seating btw. I'm a huge Porcupine Tree fan and that's how I know about/like Blackfield. In fact, I saw PT at the Park West venue (where the Blackfield gig will be) the two nights in a row in September 2005 where they did the filming for their DVD Arriving Somewhere. Amazing! I don't know the music of Anathema but have heard good things from other PT fans - didn't realize they were the openers until your message! PM me and we can get together! :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Awesome! I'll pm you, I'm going solo, too
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:48 am

AMON AMARTH TOMORROW (in chicago)!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH :) :viking:

Anyway...I met some people from here "Chicago" too. I think they were actually from southern Wisconsin though. Hate it when that happens. :roll:
    Bring on #7! Booked Cabin 2313!
    70k 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 am

This thread is now about tomorrow's "AN EVENING WITH AMON AMARTH" !!!!! Going to be so fucking awesome, I can't even imagine how tired and sore I'm going to be by the end of the night.

Supposed to meet up with some people down the block at this place called 'cobra lounge' for dinner before hand....anyone been there, know if its any good??
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

hmm i might actually be wrong about the name of the place...that looks more like a dozen blocks away rather than a block.

Also, just noticed the show is already SOLD OUT. Good thing I got my ticket months ago.
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am

enigma42 wrote:This thread is now about tomorrow's "AN EVENING WITH AMON AMARTH" !!!!! Going to be so fucking awesome, I can't even imagine how tired and sore I'm going to be by the end of the night.

Supposed to meet up with some people down the block at this place called 'cobra lounge' for dinner before hand....anyone been there, know if its any good??

Very nice! Make sure to give us a full report...I have to wait till May 5 for it...have fun :cheers:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 pm

enigma42 wrote:hmm i might actually be wrong about the name of the place...that looks more like a dozen blocks away rather than a block.

Also, just noticed the show is already SOLD OUT. Good thing I got my ticket months ago.

Check out this thread about the AA gig Chicago.... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1456

a bunch of us are meeting for dinner at the venue around 5:45 - 6-ish - come join the party! - Laura
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Several of us including several from neighboring states Michigan and Indiana will all be at Amon Amarth on the opening night of the tour this Thursday. :viking:

Can't wait for your review of the show Laura! I am getting so damnably excited to see them in LA :headbanger:

DAMN MARLO!!! I wish I was meeting up with you and the gang in ....Hell-A !!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:51 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Check out this thread about the AA gig Chicago.... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1456

a bunch of us are meeting for dinner at the venue around 5:45 - 6-ish - come join the party! - Laura

Oh wow, you're WAY ahead of me planning for tomorrow. I'll read up over on that thread. I think we've already got dinner plans but its not finalized yet...maybe we'll try to hit up the venue restaurant instead.
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    strangeways
    Crewman
    Location: Greater Chicagoland area - United States of America

by strangeways » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:26 pm

enigma42 wrote:Supposed to meet up with some people down the block at this place called 'cobra lounge' for dinner before hand....anyone been there, know if its any good??

The Cobra is great!

doom on cabin mate !

:heavydrink:
    2013 Wish List: Accept, Ace Frehley, Angel Witch, Anvil, BOC, Cirith Ungol, Doro, Helstar, Immortal, Love/Hate, Lucifer's Friend, Motorhead, Pentagram, Rose Tattoo, Running Wild, Saxon, Savatage, Slough Feg, Sodom, Trouble, Warrior Soul, Wolf
  • ThunderWarrior
    Wiper

by ThunderWarrior » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

HELSTAR, CAGE, SACRED OATH, FURNAZE, CATALANO, IRON FINGER

October 1, 2011 @ Bada Brew in Crest Hill IL

http://www.facebook.com/ragnarokkrmetal
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm from Chicago, but I wasn't on the last cruise. Who else here is from Chicago?
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 am

I'm bumping this thread because I just saw something that made me a very happy Mooyagi :headbanger:

My road trip of moving from the West Coast to the East Coast is taking place at the end of September. I plan on traveling by the Chicago area as part of it. I will be in Denver on the 24th visiting with our resident WizardBeast and hopefully heading out from there on the 25th. This should give me enough time to get into Chicago during the day of Monday the 26th.

Reason I want to be in Chicagoland by the 26th: Evergrey, Sabaton, Powerglove and The Absence and, sigh, Blackguard are playing at Reggie's Rock Club that night!

Are any forumites planning on going to that show? It would be a really cool break in my road trip to be able to have a forum meetup with you Chicagoland folks and to catch a tour that I thought I'd be missing. :headbanger:

Wouldn't mind some advice on a nice, not too expensive hotel to stay at in a safe area as well.

:bangers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 am

^^^ awesome Ryan! I actually was gonna pass on this gig cause I don't know the music of Evergrey :oops: :oops: and I just saw Sabaton on the cruise and in April with Accept.... but, now that YOU are coming to town, I just may have to go :beerwink: - I'm fairly certain Matt (nekrobarr) is going. vaderite, etc.: anyone else going?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:33 am

Laura wrote:^^^ awesome Ryan! I actually was gonna pass on this gig cause I don't know the music of Evergrey :oops: :oops: and I just saw Sabaton on the cruise and in April with Accept.... but, now that YOU are coming to town, I just may have to go :beerwink: - I'm fairly certain Matt (nekrobarr) is going. vaderite, etc.: anyone else going?

Laura, i'm almost positive you will enjoy Evergrey!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    Laura wrote:^^^ awesome Ryan! I actually was gonna pass on this gig cause I don't know the music of Evergrey :oops: :oops: and I just saw Sabaton on the cruise and in April with Accept.... but, now that YOU are coming to town, I just may have to go :beerwink: - I'm fairly certain Matt (nekrobarr) is going. vaderite, etc.: anyone else going?

Laura, i'm almost positive you will enjoy Evergrey!

The sun rises in the East and sets in the West as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 am

It'll be a fun show with forumites! Heck, I'd go see pretty much any metal show if forumites are there :headbanger:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 am

mooyagi wrote:

It'll be a fun show with forumites! Heck, I'd go see pretty much any metal show if forumites are there :headbanger:

hell yeah, it's always fun to see forumites. i have forever wished they'd come see me in denver, so that's exciting too.

anyone else wanna get their ass over here on sept 24th????? :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

hell yeah, it's always fun to see forumites. i have forever wished they'd come see me in denver, so that's exciting too.

anyone else wanna get their ass over here on sept 24th????? :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Denver's gonna kick ass as well! :party:

Gonna be an awesome road trip for me.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:32 am

Laura is correct, I am planning on going to the show.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:38 am

nekrobarr wrote:Laura is correct, I am planning on going to the show.

Awesome! :party:
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 am

mooyagi wrote:Reason I want to be in Chicagoland by the 26th: Evergrey, Sabaton, Powerglove and The Absence and, sigh, Blackguard are playing at Reggie's Rock Club that night!

Are any forumites planning on going to that show? It would be a really cool break in my road trip to be able to have a forum meetup with you Chicagoland folks and to catch a tour that I thought I'd be missing. :headbanger:

Wouldn't mind some advice on a nice, not too expensive hotel to stay at in a safe area as well.

I'm going to that show too! I'm mostly going for The Absence, love those guys. And here's some good news for ya-MAYBE- NO BLACKGUARD! They're not on the tour flyer...
    Also, reggies is the best metal bar in the city. I fucking love that place. Thinking about having my own wedding there some day.

There are lots of hotels within a few miles of Reggies. The cheapest ones I've seen have been around $100 per night.
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Noelolz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Reason I want to be in Chicagoland by the 26th: Evergrey, Sabaton, Powerglove and The Absence and, sigh, Blackguard are playing at Reggie's Rock Club that night!

I'm going to that show too! I'm mostly going for The Absence, love those guys. And here's some good news for ya-MAYBE- NO BLACKGUARD! They're not on the tour flyer...
    Also, reggies is the best metal bar in the city. I fucking love that place. Thinking about having my own wedding there some day.

There are lots of hotels within a few miles of Reggies. The cheapest ones I've seen have been around $100 per night.

Are they in good areas though? I have to ask because I am moving across the country so will have some stuff with me that I would really like to keep in my possession.

And less Blackguard = more better! :bangers:

Shall we do a meetup prior to the show? Is there a good bar nearby (or even at Reggie's) where we could all share a few drinks before the show?
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Noelolz wrote:

Are they in good areas though? I have to ask because I am moving across the country so will have some stuff with me that I would really like to keep in my possession.

And less Blackguard = more better! :bangers:

Shall we do a meetup prior to the show? Is there a good bar nearby (or even at Reggie's) where we could all share a few drinks before the show?

Yeah most of the hotels I found are right in the loop, its pretty secure through there.

If you want to do a meet up Reggies has a bar/restaurant next door to the venue, people who don't want to go to the show from here can go in there for free and hang out too. :beerwink:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

Great news to hear thanks for the info! :cheers:

Sounds like Reggie's bar would be a fitting place to do the meetup then. Makes everything easy. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to Chicago before (except the airport) and having a metal show that night just makes it so much sweeter. Looking forward to meeting with all you crazy metalheads.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:Great news to hear thanks for the info! :cheers:

Sounds like Reggie's bar would be a fitting place to do the meetup then. Makes everything easy. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to Chicago before (except the airport) and having a metal show that night just makes it so much sweeter. Looking forward to meeting with all you crazy metalheads.

If our outing last night was any indication, this upcoming show/meet should be pretty epic as well.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:31 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Great news to hear thanks for the info! :cheers:

If our outing last night was any indication, this upcoming show/meet should be pretty epic as well.

More epic = More better :cheers:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 am

If by chance you feel like making a pit stop in Toledo, Ohio (3.5 - 4hrs due EAST of Chi-town on the turnpike), hit me up. Unfortunately I don't think there's any good shows going on in town that week.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:51 pm

mooyagi wrote:

I wish there were more forumites around me.... (besides Mike of course)... I think the closest one is Drink Moxie in PA,.. he is probably only a couple hours from me maybe... Did not meet him before as we was not on the 'maiden voyage'.

The time at MDF with Sheila, Kevin, Rhia, Ryan, Nick, Meredith, Scott (few others) was such a good time.... just being around everyone gave me a huge taste of the magic of the cruise and even though I live in Baltimore, I almost wish I was just chilling in the hotel with everyone else instead of going home, it was strange. Anyways, it was a blast!!!!!

Mooyagi.. you would have loved being at the show the other night (Arch Enemey, Devildriver, Skeletonwitch, Chthonic)... I bought all of Chthonic drinks (who were at their booth, singer, guitarist, bassist), I like to do that when I know the band doesn't have all the money in the world and that they traveled half way around the world to play for us... it was so cool talking with them. I actually had met the singer and guitarist before when they played in Baltimore the first time. The guitarist is probably the most partying of the bunch. Would love to have them on the cruise. I asked them about it and they had not been asked yet but said it would be a great time to be on it. Just there are 1000's of bands, and only 40 make the cruise so not everyone will be asked of course..... but a band like Chthonic would be cool as it is a global feeling on the cruise and they are from Taiwan to represent Asia very well, (just like getting a band like Orphaned Land to represent the Middle East (where part of my heritage is from), you listening Andy? ;) )

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Just there are 1000's of bands, and only 40 make the cruise so not everyone will be asked of course..... but a band like Chthonic would be cool as it is a global feeling on the cruise and they are from Taiwan to represent Asia very well, (just like getting a band like Orphaned Land to represent the Middle East (where part of my heritage is from), you listening Andy? ;) )

Listen to the man, Andy!
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Andy rules for putting all of this together.

He is like GOD (or Satan, or a tree, or science, or nothing - pending on your beliefs) , .. for creating what I call a 'Heaven' of the 70k of metal cruise.

METAL = :shred:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:He is like GOD (or Satan, or a tree, or science, or nothing - pending on your beliefs) , .. for creating what I call a 'Heaven' of the 70k of metal cruise.

I like to go with "Valhalla" :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:03 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:He is like GOD (or Satan, or a tree, or science, or nothing - pending on your beliefs) , .. for creating what I call a 'Heaven' of the 70k of metal cruise.

I like to go with "Valhalla" :D

:lol: Fitting for you!!!!

sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:54 am

The time at MDF with Sheila, Kevin, Rhia, Ryan, Nick, Meredith, Scott (few others) was such a good time.... just being
    around everyone gave me a huge taste of the magic of the cruise and even though I live in Baltimore, I almost wish I was just chilling in the hotel with everyone else instead of going home, it was strange. Anyways, it was a blast!!!!!

Mooyagi.. you would have loved being at the show the other night (Arch Enemey, Devildriver, Skeletonwitch, Chthonic)... I bought all of Chthonic drinks (who were at their booth, singer, guitarist, bassist), I like to do that when I know the band doesn't have all the money in the world and that they traveled half way around the world to play for us... it was so cool talking with them. I actually had met the singer and guitarist before when they played in Baltimore the first time. The guitarist is probably the most partying of the bunch. Would love to have them on the cruise. I asked them about it and they had not been asked yet but said it would be a great time to be on it. Just there are 1000's of bands, and only 40 make the cruise so not everyone will be asked of course..... but a band like Chthonic would be cool as it is a global feeling on the cruise and they are from Taiwan to represent Asia very well, (just like getting a band like Orphaned Land to represent the Middle East (where part of my heritage is from), you listening Andy? ;) )[/quote]

Holy crap that was a good time! Can't wait for mdf in 2012! What a line up! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:52 am

Ktulured55 wrote: I bought all of Chthonic drinks (who were at their booth, singer, guitarist, bassist), I like to do that when I know the band doesn't have all the money in the world and that they traveled half way around the world to play for us

I have a mortgage and a kid and need to travel for this. Please pick up the tab on my merchandise. Thank you :lol: :headbanger: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 40 posts Page 1 of 1