Locked 8 posts Page 1 of 1
Question for those who got a visa to go to the cruise
    pablov8
    Midshipman

Question for those who got a visa to go to the cruise

by pablov8 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm

To all strangers in a strange land (?) like me
    I have to fill DS-160 form for the visa application...and it says "Address" and "telephone" where I will stay... I mean... it's a cruise... what do I put there? Did anyone had that trouble while getting the visa? :?
    I know there are some latins here that hopefully will help me
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Question for those who got a visa to go to the cruise

by Evican » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Are you staying somewhere before the cruise? If so, put that address down.

Also.. The visas are valid for two years, so don't get one now, wait until closer to the cruise to get one as if you're not going to be visiting the US before the cruise, you've wasted eight months on your visa.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Actually I was thinking on booking my hotel room after getting my visa, since the form says is not required to have plans, and the embassy recomends not to have plans until after getting your visa. But now they ask me a point of contact in the form :? :?

Visa appointments demands here are pretty high, I got mine for July, if I wait one or two more months I may not get it on time .

For what I heard here in Argentina visas are valid for five years. Actually they decide that period when you go to the embassy for the appointment, but most people get it for 5 years
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:35 am

As far as I know, you must have a foreign sponsor... in other words, you must know someone who lives in the U.S. that can speak for you. If you know someone in the states that you can use for a point of contact, use them.
    I would volunteer, but there's a good chance I may not be going on the cruise this year. :cry:
    Good luck!!!!

:cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 am

Like Rachael said, for my "Visa" (not really a visa) I put down the Holiday Inn which was where I was staying before the cruise. Although I am guessing that the process for you is quite different to to what us in the EU have to go through.

If what Slaytanic said is true then I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a volunteer here to be your point of contact. We are a family after all. :beerwink:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 am

pablov8 wrote:To all strangers in a strange land (?) like me
    I have to fill DS-160 form for the visa application...and it says "Address" and "telephone" where I will stay... I mean... it's a cruise... what do I put there? Did anyone had that trouble while getting the visa? :?
    I know there are some latins here that hopefully will help me

Hey man. Sorry for the words, but this form is pure sh1t. To fill the address, I picked up a random hotel over www.tripadvisor.com and used its address.

I tell you that because I got to travel to US before the cruise, to a different place then Miami. And nobody asked why I put a different place on my form, and on the embassy nobody called the hotel to see if you had a actual reservation there.

But if you want something to calmer you down, pick a hotel from www.booking.com with free refund. You can cancel the reservation anytime, and have a valid booking to show the embassy during the visa process.

Evican wrote:Are you staying somewhere before the cruise? If so, put that address down.

Also.. The visas are valid for two years, so don't get one now, wait until closer to the cruise to get one as if you're not going to be visiting the US before the cruise, you've wasted eight months on your visa.

Only 2 years for Aussies? I got a 10 year visa, and my passport expires in 5 years. I'll have to travel with both passports after that time. And yes, the queues for taking an american visa in LA are busy. It look 45 days until my interview, and 15 until it arrived home by mail.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks guys and girls, I think I have enough info to complete this form now :cheers:
Locked 8 posts Page 1 of 1