Post Reply 7407 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Our Canadian Scouting Party Has Been Attacked!

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:56 pm

One thing I just love about this announcement is that yes, clearly, few are very moved by it. Pretty much every time we get an announcement, at least a portion of us are unimpressed. But this one is so very below the radar that even Andy wasn't enthusiastic enough about it to change the title of the main thread :lol:

Clearly he left it on the Annihilator text cuz he knows there's something much more exciting just around the corner :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Either that or it's a troll announcment by Andy :twisted:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

he did update the page 1 post, and it is on the website... But the Canadian scouting party was clearly his favorite of the 2
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • 1tribe1
    Oiler

by 1tribe1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Mikey Doling from Snot/Soulfly on guitar. Channel Zero is not a big hit with me. On a lighter note, at least Mikey is a good partier!
    Last edited by 1tribe1 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Dklean2003
    Oiler

by Dklean2003 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm

AWESOME AWESOME.

Now we need some Mercyful Fate and Tryptikon.

By the way . How do oyu upload your picture on here. I can't figure this out.

Dean
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Found exactly what I was looking for with regards to this announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pdR8#t=51s

Someone please turn this into a meme for our message board.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Either that or it's a troll announcment by Andy :twisted:

troll announcement - like that :lol:

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Laura wrote:Cowboy - my hunch is there are no "big guns" to be announced - good bands, yes, big guns, no

For a while, I too thought that this was the case.

I'm now convinced of just the opposite. I believe at least 3/4 of the 70K general population will still have a :shock: :D :headbanger: moment in response to announcements still to come in the weeks ahead ;)

I know a lot of you guys like to play the hypothesizing/guessing game ;) about this and that (especially the awesome STATSMAN! :headbanger: )...whereas I've been kinda "whatever" lately :P ....however...in this case when the idea of "big guns" was brought up - my gut feeling was "not gonna happen." I know a lot of what UMC does doesn't make much or any sense to any of us (the silent treatment, slow pace of announcements, etc.), but to me what would make absolutely ZERO (perhaps way less than zero :lol: ) sense is to wait until a month out to announce some "Big Gun". And at this point, what do any of us really think is a "Big Gun" anyway? (notice - I like saying Big Gun :lol: ) Your "Big Gun" may be different than my "Big Gun." I mean *to me*, for example, a reunion of At the Gates doing Slaughter of the Soul would be HUGE, but I suspect there would be a fair amount of meh from the crowd. A lot of people love Hypocrisy - but in the big scheme of all things metal - would they be considered a "Big Gun?" And if there is a "Big Gun" that some metalhead sitting in Nebraska or Norway is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY into, is the last minute announcement of said "Big Gun" really going to make that person say to themselves - ok - that's it! I'm booking this shindig! Not trying to be ornery - just sayin.'

When all is said and done - this whole process is just kinda bizarre :P
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Well put. To me, the Annihilator and Venom announcements were fairly huge and it baffles me they weren't announced months ago. It is exactly this that has me now believing nearly anything is possible. That said, it wouldn't surprise if the last 7 were all Channel 0s ;)

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:47 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Well put. To me, the Annihilator and Venom announcements were fairly huge and it baffles me they weren't announced months ago. It is exactly this that has me now believing nearly anything is possible. That said, it wouldn't surprise if the last 7 were all Channel 0s ;)

I agree that the Venom announcement was/is huge considering their "place" in metal history. They were never on my radar "back in the day" but, hey - I certainly know of them in more recent years and can at least appreciate who they are (plus there was a cool bit on them in Sam Dunn's metal doc as I recall). Kinda like what I was saying on the listening thread earlier about Iron Maiden....I'm no big IM fan, but still really enjoyed having the experience of seeing them at least once in my life. Judas Priest, Metallica, and several others - same deal for me - would not go out of my way to see them, but if the right opportunity came up - I'd see 'em.
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Note to self: Laura is looking for some "big gun" action on the cruise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:49 pm

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm

KevinP wrote:Note to self: Laura is looking for some "big gun" action on the cruise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just KNEW somebody was gonna say that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm

KevinP wrote:Today's announcement = http://soundcloud.com/markazali/steve-l ... -gives-a-1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    That's almost as funny as you calling Memnoch Chewbacca!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Please Welcome CHANNEL ZERO On Board!

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

The thread title changed! Mods, still doesn't follow the forum rules ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Please Welcome CHANNEL ZERO On Broad!

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

OH they totally fixed it :bangers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:OH they totally fixed it :bangers:

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:00 pm

this fact is more awesome than the band! :ugeek: :lol:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 pm

mooyagi wrote:

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Meh, I still say what Steve Langford says: http://soundcloud.com/markazali/steve-l ... -gives-a-1

Laura wrote:That's almost as funny as you calling Memnoch Chewbacca!

Well he is a big dumb hairy animal afterall (who doesn't appreciate Russian tail) :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Laura wrote:....(especially the awesome STATSMAN! :headbanger: )...

His awesomeness speaking! *blushes* :oops:

For me, big gun announcement would definitely definitely be Within Temptation.

I know they are a divisive band - lots of love, lots of hate. But they are commercially very successful (hell, their last album cracked the Australian top 50 album charts which is a very VERY rare thing for a metal/hard rock act!!). And they are certainly on the wishlist of a lot of people here on the broad too :)

As to why would they (UMC) do it? As you say Laura - what they do makes no sense :P

But also as has been mentioned previously, Andy very much likes to 'stick it to the haters and doubters', so if he pulls out the big uns now, when the doubters, haters or fence-sitters have no time to do anything about it, then thats a win for Andy :) Plus they may be more likely to think "wow, not gonna doubt UMC again, first chance I get I'm gonna be on broad for 2013".

Because we all need to remember that this is not a once off, or twice off. There is Barge to Hell 2012, and there will be a 70000 Tons of Metal 2013. So UMC will be thinking ahead - how will we get people booking for Barge? For 2013?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm

has anyone heard of channel zero EVER?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 pm

WizardBeast wrote:has anyone heard of channel zero EVER?

Steve Langford is not happy, http://soundcloud.com/markazali/steve-l ... -this-is-1
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: I love this - cause I think the answer is NO ONE (or wait, Rob searched and I guess 2 people have mentioned this band on the forum)

I dunno....just the name is really cracking me up right now!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey, it ain't any worse that Blackguard. :mrgreen:

Announcing essentially an unknown at this points, leads me to (hopefully) believe they will have some type of a juicy one for us this Friday :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Laura wrote:....(especially the awesome STATSMAN! :headbanger: )...

His awesomeness speaking! *blushes* :oops:

For me, big gun announcement would definitely definitely be Within Temptation.

I know they are a divisive band - lots of love, lots of hate. But they are commercially very successful (hell, their last album cracked the Australian top 50 album charts which is a very VERY rare thing for a metal/hard rock act!!). And they are certainly on the wishlist of a lot of people here on the broad too :)

As to why would they (UMC) do it? As you say Laura - what they do makes no sense :P

But also as has been mentioned previously, Andy very much likes to 'stick it to the haters and doubters', so if he pulls out the big uns now, when the doubters, haters or fence-sitters have no time to do anything about it, then thats a win for Andy :) Plus they may be more likely to think "wow, not gonna doubt UMC again, first chance I get I'm gonna be on broad for 2013".

Because we all need to remember that this is not a once off, or twice off. There is Barge to Hell 2012, and there will be a 70000 Tons of Metal 2013. So UMC will be thinking ahead - how will we get people booking for Barge? For 2013?

:cheers: gotta love the Statsman! (you need a shirt that says that)

Your example of Within Temptation is a good one because I agree it would be a total all or nothing love/hate kinda announcement. So - can it still be considered a "Big Gun??" I guess I'm starting to get confused about this whole thing and who this cruise is really trying to appeal to...it seems to work best for the "generalist" or at the very least the "open-minded"....or perhaps the people that just want to party with awesome people and aren't too tied up in the whole "need to see my favorite" bands kinda thing? Ha - I think I'm at least a little bit of all three.

Hmmm - and who is going to be on Barge to Hell will be very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:29 pm

KevinP wrote:Hey, it ain't any worse that Blackguard. :mrgreen:

Announcing essentially an unknown at this points, leads me to (hopefully) believe they will have some type of a juicy one for us this Friday :death: :death: :death:

Ok - so to be Devil's Advocate again - juicy for who? :lol: Cowboy's juicy (Within Temptation) would most likely make you post this again. :lol: :lol:

KevinP wrote:Today's announcement = http://soundcloud.com/markazali/steve-l ... -gives-a-1
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Well said Laura - there is such a diversity of fans, and bands, on the cruise, no announcement could possibly please everyone.

In fact it is pretty amazing how many genres Andy manages to cram into the 40(ish) bands :)

As much as I would love to see Within Temptation added, I think it is a very remote chance even though they *are* touring South America around cruise time. The 'symphonic/operatic metal' genre is already very well represented onbroad - Nightwish, Therion, Tristania. Another would perhaps be a bit much to hope for.

Maybe Andy will hold them back for 2013 as they and Van Canto are pretty much the only 2 bands I'd love to see live that I never have, and they would be the only bands that could possibly make me consider doing the cruise again in 2013 due to the costs involved :)

Oh, and a statsman tshirt is an awesome idea :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Fucking great announcement!

I saw them last year at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium. Great show! Did not really know Channel Zero before, but they were billed as one of the top bands, even on top of Immortal and such and are actually a real big thing in Belgium and also Holland I think. Happy to see bands I would never be able to see unless traveling to Europe!

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Keuf mentioned them when posting the Hellfest 2012 lineup some time ago and even further back in the 'Name 10 bands, 1 from each country' thread (or whatever it was called, NikiDT gave us this:

NikiDT wrote:1. The Netherlands - God Dethroned
    2. Canada - Woods of Ypres
    3. Belgium - Channel Zero
    4. Sweden - Diablo Swing Orchestra
    5. Germany - Doro
    6. Finland - Lordi
    7. France - Eilera
    8. USA - Trans Siberian Orchestra
    9. Norway - Trail of Tears
    10. Greece - Rotting Christ

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Dark Dreams wrote:Fucking great announcement!

I saw them last year at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium. Great show! Did not really know Channel Zero before, but they were billed as one of the top bands, even on top of Immortal and such and are actually a real big thing in Belgium and also Holland I think. Happy to see bands I would never be able to see unless traveling to Europe!

Nice! :headbanger:

• Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 pm

No. The videos I found on You Tube weren't very impressive. Nap time or food break.....
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm glad to see somebody thrilled with this announcement...
    I'm happy because I need there to be bands I'm not interested in, but also good to know somebody is excited

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

:deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:16 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm glad to see somebody thrilled with this announcement...
    I'm happy because I need there to be bands I'm not interested in, but also good to know somebody is excited

Why are you not interested in them, just because you don't know them? Looking at the bands in your sig I could imagine that you actually like Channel Zero.
  • blasfemia
    Crewman

by blasfemia » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 pm

they were once a big name here in belgium...(The band split up in 1997) they are back on stage since a year or 2 .. i think.. not really my cup of tea but, go belgium! :beerwink:
    ...Uniporns... \m/
    deck 4 - cabin 4563
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Dark Dreams wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm glad to see somebody thrilled with this announcement...

Why are you not interested in them, just because you don't know them? Looking at the bands in your sig I could imagine that you actually like Channel Zero.

I listened to them... had absolutely no appeal to me in the slightest. Simply not my style.
    But please, don't let my opinion sway your excitement in any way... like I said, I'm glad to see somebody is excited about them.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Laura wrote:That's almost as funny as you calling Memnoch Chewbacca!

Well he is a big dumb hairy animal afterall (who doesn't appreciate Russian tail) :mrgreen:

Hey now...
    I would protest but us Wookiees aren't known to be that fluent in human speak. I'll just go sit in a corner and roar in Shyriiwook. :cry:
    And I already told you, I do like Russkie broads, but not when they look like young boys and are just as furry (fur-clad is close enough) as me.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Maybe considering the Pretty Maids announcement (no offense to anyone)....along with this, we can see UMC making a small attempt to cash in on the more casual fan of "hard" music.

You ask me, UMC just wants to fuck with me personally. Here I am proclaiming Egg on my face for the lack of faith I have displayed in the pre venom/exciter/annhilator days...and then this. Hehe....ok ok, I will give them a try. Still, one step forward two steps back for me.

I'm not one that can take the position of "I got to sleep sometime"....to justify the need for bands virtually unknown.

I know their forum is full of trolls...but the Metal-Archives can be mostly trusted in terms of gauging a band's pull. These guys have been around since 92 and have ONE review.

I just wish the filler announcements had been saved for slots NOT in the last ten....

Final thought. Ever notice in a horror movie, the buildup for a "scare." You tense up, know it's coming, feel it coming. Hell, even the music comes to a climax....THEN, comedic side kick jumps in and gets you laughing, more importantly...you relax. You seem to have misjudged the scene...nothing is wrong...right??....THAT is when the scare comes, once you have let your guard down. Once you feel SAFE.

Where am i going with this? I think this will be the same thing....gear up for a killer announcement, because UMC has purposefully put you off guard.
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Tomorrow is the first day of winter.... they are heading back towards Europe. Wintersun was a pretty big hint as I pointed out in the Pretty Maids announcement.

FINGERS CROSSED FOR WINTERSUN TOMORROW
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:00 am

Channel who? :)
    ok, have to check'em out before I comment on this new announcement...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • blasfemia
    Crewman

by blasfemia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 am

last_candle wrote:Channel who? :)
    ok, have to check'em out before I comment on this new announcement...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqqLXEssnzc (1995)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TrflLNY5g (1997)
    ...Uniporns... \m/
    deck 4 - cabin 4563
Post Reply 7407 posts