Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: News From Germany!

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Warphine wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:I'll take Vader Behemoth and Kreator

I'm all for this. We need some more heavy shit on this cruise.
    :cheers:

that's 3....soon to be 300...LOL give us what we want after another power metal announcement! :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    SatansWrath wrote:Im gonna pinpoint your way, First Poland bring Behemoth, then go to Finland and bring Turisas, and at last to Russia and get Arkona, simple as that and everyone will be happy

No, in the name of all that is unholy, please, no Arkona.

arkona won't come
    they already had an american tour quite recently, and they want some rest after that
    so heidevolk will replace them :viking:

i know i'm saying this against better judgement :cry: but a man can dream right?
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:arkona won't come
    they already had an american tour quite recently, and they want some rest after that

Thats why they play two out of the 4 days :P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Memnoch wrote:I'm hoping Edguy will cancel and Bolt Thrower replacing them just to spite Metalwrath. :lol:

Actually Metalwrath likes Bolt Thrower and never has seen them and has seen Edguy 3 times so he wouldn't have a problem with that ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I'm hoping Edguy will cancel and Bolt Thrower replacing them just to spite Metalwrath. :lol:

Actually Metalwrath likes Bolt Thrower and never has seen them and has seen Edguy 3 times so he wouldn't have a problem with that ;)

Metalwrath speak in three people.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Fuck it, I'd love to see bolt thrower as well!

Also. We seriously need some prog. Not even one prog band, out of 79 announced between last year and this year... what the fuck?
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm

viathyn wrote:Also. We seriously need some prog. Not even one prog band, out of 79 announced between last year and this year... what the fuck?

Voyager :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm

last_candle wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Also. We seriously need some prog. Not even one prog band, out of 79 announced between last year and this year... what the fuck?

Id support a Voyager announcement. Pissed they sold out of the shirt I wanted last time I saw them lmao
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

by Metaluke17 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Would love Behemoth because Nergal is a survivor and I heard he is a really kind human being, and I never got the chance to see them because at the time the band passed by my city I had just little interest in the music they do. But Vader is also a good choice, It's possibly still one of my favorite death metal band, I have seen them 3 or 4 times already, but they are a blast! This would be a win/win situation!
    2012: 4065
    Returning in 2014 cabin 3029

wishlist: D.R.I., King Diamond, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Necrophobic, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, Vreid, Suicidal Angels, Exumer, Hatchet, Myrath.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Behemoth with two others and Unexpect as an Unexpect-ed bonus! :beerhorns:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Metaluke17 wrote:Would love Behemoth because Nergal is a survivor and I heard he is a really kind human being

Not that I'm saying this isn't a good point, because it is, but I find it kinda funny and ironic that you want a blackened death metal band onbroad because he's a kinda human being. :lol: Seems funny to me. Get Behemoth!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Unholy Shit, BOLT THROWER would blow my mind! Imagine the entire audience headbanging to When Cannons Fade or 7th Offensive or Laid to Waste? And Vader, Decapitated, BEHEMOTH are perfect choices for any of the remaining bands. Still need more NA death metal....Dying Fetus, Beneath the Massacre, Morbid Angel and Misery Index would work for me
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

viathyn wrote:Fuck it, I'd love to see bolt thrower as well!

Also. We seriously need some prog. Not even one prog band, out of 79 announced between last year and this year... what the fuck?

i know. this is EXTREMELY disappointing!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Evican wrote:Behemoth with two others and Unexpect as an Unexpect-ed bonus! :beerhorns:

UNEXPECT would rule mightily! :shred:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Only band mentioned on this page that would excite me is Kreator but sure, wtf, bring on all that death metal schlag to appease our restless natives and let's get this bitch in the water!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote: let's get this bitch in the water!

This.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Metaluke17 wrote:Would love Behemoth because Nergal is a survivor and I heard he is a really kind human being

Not that I'm saying this isn't a good point, because it is, but I find it kinda funny and ironic that you want a blackened death metal band onbroad because he's a kinda human being. :lol: Seems funny to me. Get Behemoth!

I also found this humourous. However, Nergal really is a nice guy! All of the Behemoth guys are though and they would make a nice addition to the cruise line up.

:death:

WizardBeast wrote:
    Evican wrote:Behemoth with two others and Unexpect as an Unexpect-ed bonus! :beerhorns:

UNEXPECT would rule mightily! :shred:

It would! I'm hoping for an announcement silimar to last year with the extra two bands... Unexpect would be a very nice unexpected addition. :mrgreen:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Any one of Arkona,Turisas or some other folky thing would confirm my happiness.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 pm

We have no supergroups this year.
    And i know a lot of people want more folk.So if they are gonna have a supergroup it should be folkearth
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

Id support a Voyager announcement. Pissed they sold out of the shirt I wanted last time I saw them lmao

I find it epic that a little Aussie band from Perth, is getting some love here :)

Boat seriously needs to get some Aussie on broad if not this year, then in future years. Voyager, Lord, Claim The Throne, Destroyer 666, Psycroptic, Vanishing Point, Hemina, Alpine Fault, Divine Ascension, Black Majesty. There are a multitude of awesome bands from Oz.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:08 pm

:viking: Just checked out Sapiency, the music is ok, but it sounds like the singer is close to shitting himself :mrgreen:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Tyr wrote::viking: Just checked out Sapiency, the music is ok, but it sounds like the singer is close to shitting himself :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHA! yeah i am not a fan of the vocals either!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:13 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Tyr wrote::viking: Just checked out Sapiency, the music is ok, but it sounds like the singer is close to shitting himself :mrgreen:

Agreed. The music sounded OK at first and then it became annoying. Vocals are bad.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Evican wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

Agreed. The music sounded OK at first and then it became annoying. Vocals are bad.

one more reason i listen to a boatload of instrumental music!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Voyager :cool:

I find it epic that a little Aussie band from Perth, is getting some love here :)

Boat seriously needs to get some Aussie on broad if not this year, then in future years. Voyager, Lord, Claim The Throne, Destroyer 666, Psycroptic, Vanishing Point, Hemina, Alpine Fault, Divine Ascension, Black Majesty. There are a multitude of awesome bands from Oz.

well, their latest album is such a great piece of music - they deserve all this love :)

ShoreSlayer wrote:[...]and let's get this bitch in the water!

nothing left to say!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Sapiency sounds exactly like bad Scar Symmetry. You could also say current Scar Symmetry :)

As someone who thinks bands Slayer and Meshuggah embody everything that's good about metal..... not sure I can handle Edguy. Though they are perfect for the cruise.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I find it epic that a little Aussie band from Perth, is getting some love here :)

I actually had no clue who the hell they were until they got announced at Progpower this last year. I listened to a little bit before seeing them and really wasnt that impressed but damn do they put on a good show. Got hooked right then and there haha. Went to go and buy one of their shirts but they were sold out :bitch:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Metalwrath wrote:We have no supergroups this year.
    And i know a lot of people want more folk.So if they are gonna have a supergroup it should be folkearth

Ahem, we have the superest of ALL ...OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

rwalters wrote:Sapiency sounds exactly like bad Scar Symmetry. You could also say current Scar Symmetry :)

As someone who thinks bands Slayer and Meshuggah embody everything that's good about metal..... not sure I can handle Edguy. Though they are perfect for the cruise.

You must have pretty low standards in metal then :lol:
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    rwalters wrote:Sapiency sounds exactly like bad Scar Symmetry. You could also say current Scar Symmetry :)

You must have pretty low standards in metal then :lol:

low... damn i see sewer coming up...
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:42 pm

WizardBeast wrote:one more reason i listen to a boatload of instrumental music!

Come to think of it, I listen to a fair bit of instrumental music also.

Have you heard of Kalisia?
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 pm

KREATOR and/or ACCEPT :beerhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:KREATOR and/or ACCEPT :beerhorns:

I would be completely happy with both of those. Kreator would be good to see in the "I've now seen Kreator live" sense, and Accept would be great because their latest album is fucking amazing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

I would be completely happy with both of those. Kreator would be good to see in the "I've now seen Kreator live" sense, and Accept would be great because their latest album is fucking amazing.

Accept would be cool no doubt. But if I had to choose it would easily be Kreator. :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Saw Kreator in, '94 I think it was, fastest circle pit I've ever been a part of. Good stuff. :death:
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, disappointing lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Good lineup, great time.
    2021 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

According to wiki, Accept and Kreator are from Solingen and Essen which are both in the west of Germany so they can certainly be ruled out, at least as the next band as Fulda is well East of them.

And if the scouting party is heading East then in that direction within Germany you have major cities of Berlin, Leipzig and Dresden before getting to Czech Republic, Austria or Poland.

So I guess we need to start thinking about bands from those cities and countries.....

My list of likely names (haven't checked whether any of these are available during the cruise dates or not:

Poland: Behemoth, Decapitated, Vader
    Austria: Serenity, Visions of Atlantis, Pungent Stench, Belphegor
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

KREATOR would absolutely cap it off for me!!! :cheers: :headbanger:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

If either of these two great bands are announced, I'd be ecstatic.

Based on the teasers at the end of the Enter the Vault emails, it looks like Kreator and Accept both have North American runs in the works for sometime this year. If they're not onbroad, at least I can get my Accept and Kreator live fixes sometime in 2012.
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

If either of these two great bands are announced, I'd be ecstatic.

Based on the teasers at the end of the Enter the Vault emails, it looks like Kreator and Accept both have North American runs in the works for sometime this year. If they're not onbroad, at least I can get my Accept and Kreator live fixes sometime in 2012.

Yeah..I missed Kreator last time they came through my neck of the woods... :cry:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:According to wiki, Accept and Kreator are from Solingen and Essen which are both in the west of Germany so they can certainly be ruled out, at least as the next band as Fulda is well East of them.

And if the scouting party is heading East then in that direction within Germany you have major cities of Berlin, Leipzig and Dresden before getting to Czech Republic, Austria or Poland.

So I guess we need to start thinking about bands from those cities and countries.....

My list of likely names (haven't checked whether any of these are available during the cruise dates or not:

Poland: Behemoth, Decapitated, Vader
    Austria: Serenity, Visions of Atlantis, Pungent Stench, Belphegor

Czech Republic: Oblomov!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1h3gdCAWdA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irdJz32Isa4&feature=g-vrec&context=G276443fRVAAAAAAAAAA

I just checked out Sapiency. Not a fan.
    I should get around to updating my signature
Post Reply 7521 posts