Post Reply 7407 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Veterans... Check Your Inbox!

by Tobbe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm

...or maybe friends are bringing friends and suddenly 3000-4000 people have applied.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:And keep in mind, cabin mates might have put in 2 request, for 1 room! (2 cabin mates who plan on being cabin mates got 2 promo codes, and both requested cabins just to be on the safe side, but once one of them receives confirmation the other person would probably cancel it.

This was the case with my roommie, I think she kind of panicked and also sent a request, even though I had already done it.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:25 pm

The whole argument over whether or not it's ethical to give return goers first dibs was beat to death in another thread. Agree to disagree! From a business standpoint it's always better to support returning business, doesn't matter what business/industry it is. Whether or not it's right doesnt really matter if I can't get my booking confirmation already!! :evil:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:53 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:And keep in mind, cabin mates might have put in 2 request, for 1 room! (2 cabin mates who plan on being cabin mates got 2 promo codes, and both requested cabins just to be on the safe side, but once one of them receives confirmation the other person would probably cancel it.

This was the case with my roommie, I think she kind of panicked and also sent a request, even though I had already done it.

This is also the case with me :lol: I should probably get in touch with them soon and cancel my first booking (was only a single place, not a whole cabin)

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 pm

yeah, probably!:D
  • Loki
    Oiler

by Loki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Just curious if the each veteran had their own code or if it was one code that some might share. That would suck. I sent the request last Wednesday and am still waiting. Talked to them on the phone today and they said if you sent in a code it was guaranteed you'd get a room. I'm sure it will work out I'm just getting nervous.
    5539 - 2011
    5539 - 2012
    \m/\m/
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Loki wrote:Just curious if the each veteran had their own code or if it was one code that some might share. That would suck. I sent the request last Wednesday and am still waiting. Talked to them on the phone today and they said if you sent in a code it was guaranteed you'd get a room. I'm sure it will work out I'm just getting nervous.

whew...nice to hear......I sent mine in on Thursday...........although I also asked Andy if he would be my roomate.....still no answer......wonder why? ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:14 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Loki wrote:Just curious if the each veteran had their own code or if it was one code that some might share. That would suck. I sent the request last Wednesday and am still waiting. Talked to them on the phone today and they said if you sent in a code it was guaranteed you'd get a room. I'm sure it will work out I'm just getting nervous.

whew...nice to hear......I sent mine in on Thursday...........although I also asked Andy if he would be my roomate.....still no answer......wonder why? ;)

You still haven't got yours yet? :shock:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Thats okay...if they dont let me on at Port.....I will charter a helicopter to drop me down onto the ship in the middle of the night in my ninja outfit..............I always have a PLAN B ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Greatest thing about the cruise is that if you did somehow manage to get on by other means (and you will ;) ), you don't need a cabin, you can just sleep in the Chorus Line or at the pool deck.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:26 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:whew...nice to hear......I sent mine in on Thursday...........although I also asked Andy if he would be my roomate.....still no answer......wonder why? ;)

Thats okay...if they dont let me on at Port.....I will charter a helicopter to drop me down onto the ship in the middle of the night in my ninja outfit..............I always have a PLAN B ;)

That'd be worth the price of admission right there :headbanger: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:27 pm

debborah1 wrote:Thats okay...if they dont let me on at Port.....I will charter a helicopter to drop me down onto the ship in the middle of the night in my ninja outfit..............I always have a PLAN B ;)

Something tells me you are sorely lacking in ninja skills. :lol: :mrgreen: :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Greatest thing about the cruise is that if you did somehow manage to get on by other means (and you will ;) ), you don't need a cabin, you can just sleep in the Chorus Line or at the pool deck.

Or just do what I basically did the last time and stay up almost the entire time.........hell why not.....I'll have plenty to do!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:28 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Thats okay...if they dont let me on at Port.....I will charter a helicopter to drop me down onto the ship in the middle of the night in my ninja outfit..............I always have a PLAN B ;)

Something tells me you are sorely lacking in ninja skills. :lol: :mrgreen: :beerwink:

Pfffft.....who needs skills when you've got the outfit??
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:29 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Pfffft.....who needs skills when you've got the outfit??

You do know that a proper ninja would HIDE its features in outfits right?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 pm

:lol: Good point(s)! :D

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:32 pm

But of course.....and no one will ever know its me.....
    Im stealth like that ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 pm

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:Image

BAD BAD GIRL!!!.........go to my room!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Be careful! She has a sword.... take a few guesses as to what she can do with a sword in your bedroom... :shock:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Be careful! She has a sword.... take a few guesses as to what she can do with a sword in your bedroom... :shock:

Holy John Bobbit Batman!!!!!!
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:Be careful! She has a sword.... take a few guesses as to what she can do with a sword in your bedroom... :shock:

Holy John Bobbit Batman!!!!!!

Yes, but she will go to 'Debb's' room.... I don't believe Debb has the same parts as John Bobbit once did.... so you have to expand your imagination :oops:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:40 pm

hahahahaha man, what has this thread come to????? :lol:
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 pm

:shock:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Ooh, I see all of the Grand Suites are sold out now. And here I was thinking that they would be the only thing left for the public sale...

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 am

deb as a ninja?!

she can't even climb a rockwall :P :P :P
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 am

Just sent off my first payment and am pretty happy about that although I'm kind of pissed that my bank likes to just make up it's own exchange rate which is about 6% higher than the exchange rate. And then they charge a transfer fee on top of that (I didn't actually leave it out, too much calculating to do, let's call it a tip :beerwink: ).

I think I'll aim to pay my entire ticket off for my next transfer. Just to get it out of the way...

sherivengeance
    Crewman

by sherivengeance » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 am

Andy wrote:The wait is over!

Please welcome the first 7 out of 40 scheduled bands for 2012 onbroad:

Eluveitie
    Grave Digger
    My Dying Bride
    Pestilence
    Stratovarius
    Therion
    Tristania

And as a tradition, we will make our first scheduled port call in Finland.

Sailors... prepare your wish-lists!

Such a great line up so far!
    2013 Wishlist: Amorphis (again, again!) / Dimmu Borgir / The Amenta / Mercenary / Nile / Behemoth
    2012 70K Survivor #3547 / Baroness of the Corona
    "Hey Ladies! Ever wanted to F@#$ an Aussie?"
    "F@#$ oath CUNT!"
    -Australia Day, 1/27/2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 am

WHO'S ON DECK 4 WITH ME? :D
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler

by prof. wedgie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:55 am

still haven't heard anytihng back, sent the request last wednesday
    Cabin 3555!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:deb as a ninja?!

YOU WERE SUPPOSED to carry me!!!!....Kinda like King Kong scaling the Empire ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 am

prof. wedgie wrote:still haven't heard anytihng back, sent the request last wednesday

I'm sure they will get to you eventually. What deck did you go for? Some of the decks seem to have been somewhat neglected for bookings due to higher demand on the cheap ass ones.

Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 am

debborah1 wrote:

Kid weighs 140 at most, I'm surprised he could carry himself up the damn thing.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Kid weighs 140 at most, I'm surprised he could carry himself up the damn thing.

Yeah I guess your right....and to carry his beer in the other hand... :shock:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler

by prof. wedgie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    prof. wedgie wrote:still haven't heard anytihng back, sent the request last wednesday

I'm sure they will get to you eventually. What deck did you go for? Some of the decks seem to have been somewhat neglected for bookings due to higher demand on the cheap ass ones.

can't remember what deck, the cheapest had sold out so whatever was after that, just hoping they haven't forgot, I've the money sitting on my credit card and need to give them it!
    Cabin 3555!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 am

EVERYONE THAT USED THEIR CODES ON WEDNESDAY

I used mine on tuesday and I just heard back from them yesterday (late yesterday) so I would EXPECT the code today or tomorrow, before you start freaking out :D I tried for the deck 2 intererior quads (cheaper is better) but wound up getting the deck 4 interior quad, which wasnt really much more money. If you have a code and used it you are guaranteed to have a spot (unless it sells out before the regular sale starts, which doesn't look like its actually going to happen. Keep in mind, when I checked last wednesday the spot that I wound up getting was already crossed off, so just because the cabin codes are crossed off on the prices page does not mean that you are shit out of luck for those spots.

Hopefully that will bring some ease to your panic, I hope everyone gets on affordably! :D :headbanger:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 am

Ravenlord wrote:

Well hello to my new neighbour :cheers: :party:

Now we have to wait another 7 months... dammit!
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 am

gnoff wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:hahahahaha man, what has this thread come to????? :lol:

What happens to all threads in here?
    :lol:

they get de-railed, what else? :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:00 am

Random thought.

There are 2 bands from Denmark that I REALLY want onbroad being:

Hatesphere
    Mercenary

Not sure if Denmark has enough bands to get it's own thread, but what other bands from Denmark do you guys want?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 am

Stained Class wrote:Random thought.

There are 2 bands from Denmark that I REALLY want onbroad being:

Hatesphere
    Mercenary

Not sure if Denmark has enough bands to get it's own thread, but what other bands from Denmark do you guys want?

King Diamond! of course :roll:

Post Reply 7407 posts