Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

Re: It's Time To Let The HAMMERFALL!

by PxDnNinja » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

Hell yeah. Personally I'm excited as hell with this announcement. Now they need to announce a few more shit bands to run alongside the good ones so I don't have to worry about them doubling up two bands I want to see at the same time. :D
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am

I am 2142362354124216124q349832141-512-84812-5-8125-124-801234120327u945891275120893471209512512948213q2946129461270804-1-051-4%

In support of hammerfall
    kcanja14
    Crewman

by kcanja14 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Pretty good announcement. Glad I scoped out a computer on my vacation to see. Haha. Addicted to band announcements! More while Ićm here please
    2012/13/14: Survivor

Wishlist: -Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ayreon-/-Bolt.Thrower-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Equilibrium-/-Firewind-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody.Of.Fire-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Striker-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Unleash.The.Archers-/-Wintersun
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Nicolas0928 wrote:I am not familiar with HAMMERFALL
    What albums you recomend to me???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Its Funny I really dont know this band but I am happy, I think that every time that we have a new announcement I become very happy :D :D :D :D

:cheers:

They are corny even for power metal

Albums:
    Glory to the Brave
    Renegade

Not familiar with their newer material though. The songs I heard off the newest album were absolute shit

Renegade is rather weak
    Glory To The Brave and Legacy of Kings are the albums to go to
    Crimson Thunder offers some nice tracks while Chapter V isn't such a strong album
    I don't even know what the album title of their 6th album is...but it's quite good - wouldn't recommend it to start with, though
    and their newest LP just got released...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    viathyn wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Lost Horizon are from Gothenberg.
    One can only dream :P

Daniel Heiman was wicked on vocals for them. Can't say I've cared for his other projects that much though...

Most his other projects are pretty much a disgrace to metal.Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

I really hope Lost Horizon can get a new singer.
    Been waiting since 2005 :evil:

...and still I'm afraid LH might not work with another sing
    it's a pity they didn't continue with the "original" line-up - those two albums were as good as it gets
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer

by Devils Advocate » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Devils Advocate wrote:It was inevitable that the cheese bands would be added at some point. There is however a hint in the announcement statement that there could be more additions from Gothenburg, so redemption may be at hand

I hope while they are n Sweden they pick up BULLET and Bloodbound :mrgreen:

Bullet would be highly amusing
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
    kouta666
    Crewman

by kouta666 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Swedish Metal!!!! YEAH! :shred:

I'd be happier if they found one of these bands though:

Dismember
    Entombed
    Arch Enemy
    At the Gates
    In Flames
    Opeth
    Hypocrisy

:viking:
    WISHLIST: Agalloch, Be'Lakor, Destroyer 666, Into Eternity, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Kreator, Rotting Christ

2012: Cabin 666
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

kouta666 wrote:Swedish Metal!!!! YEAH! :shred:

Entombed
    Arch Enemy

Fixed
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 pm

It would be sweet if they just stayed in Sweden and picked up some swedish band's that don't suck like At The Gates, Entombed, Opeth, Arch Enemy or Dismember.

Please please please can we have At The Gates? pleassseeeee
    kouta666
    Crewman

by kouta666 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:14 pm

gnoff wrote:
    kouta666 wrote:Swedish Metal!!!! YEAH! :shred:

Hypocrisy
    At the Gates
    Dismember
    Entombed
    Arch Enemy

Saved the best ones and put them in order for ya :viking:

Thank you sir. I'd be happy with that~!!! Sweden has so many good metal bands. I vote they dedicate an entire stage to them on the ship.!!! :headbanger:
    WISHLIST: Agalloch, Be'Lakor, Destroyer 666, Into Eternity, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Kreator, Rotting Christ

2012: Cabin 666
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm

This was the first band I called after the last cruise.... to me they and Blind Guardian are comparable at the top of Power metal bands... since the last one had Blind Guardian, I was guessing this cruise would definitely have Hammerfall. I was right, and glad that another band is on broad that i DO NOT like because there was beginning to be too high a percentage of bands I actually wanted to see. This will be another band that can fill some gaps that I may possibly eat/sleep/drink/gamble/hang with other forumites that do not like this band :D

So, for those above reasons, I am very happy that these guys were announced!

Now, for Sweden, I would love to have:

Meshuggah
    Arch Enemy
    At the Gates
    The Haunted
    Opeth
    Katatonia
    In Flames
    Soilwork

I LOVE SWEDEN

Out of all of these I want Meshuggah the most!!!! It would be KILLER :twisted:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Who here has a good investigating mind and can look at all the European summer festivals and see which bands are playing ALL/MOST of them ? I think that might be a good indicator of who can potentially be on the cruise. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Not Meshuggah because they are finishing their new album... but it should be out in the fall and the cruise would be the best thing for them to do before a North American tour! They are supposed to tour NA in 2012.

Anyways... i will leave your task up to a European :cool:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:41 pm

KevinP wrote:Who here has a good investigating mind and can look at all the European summer festivals and see which bands are playing ALL/MOST of them ? I think that might be a good indicator of who can potentially be on the cruise. :mrgreen:

cowboy
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:42 pm

BierVulf wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Who here has a good investigating mind and can look at all the European summer festivals and see which bands are playing ALL/MOST of them ? I think that might be a good indicator of who can potentially be on the cruise. :mrgreen:

cowboy

Seconded. Cowboy, get to work :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Cowboy hasn't crunched any cabin #'s lately. What's up with that??????
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:46 pm

KevinP wrote:Cowboy hasn't crunched any cabin #'s lately. What's up with that??????

Its winter there or something like that....

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 pm

BierVulf wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Cowboy hasn't crunched any cabin #'s lately. What's up with that??????

I keep forgetting that up is down, right is wrong, etc, etc over there in Backwards Land :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 pm

KevinP wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:

I keep forgetting that up is down, right is wrong, etc, etc over there in Backwards Land :mrgreen:

But no matter what hemisphere blackguard still sucks :lol:

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 pm

BierVulf wrote:But no matter what hemisphere blackguard still sucks :lol:

Agreed. :heavydrink:

When are they gonna tour Europe and the rest of the world. It will give our clubs a break for a change.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

KevinP wrote:
    BierVulf wrote:But no matter what hemisphere blackguard still sucks :lol:

Agreed. :heavydrink:

When are they gonna tour Europe and the rest of the world. It will give our clubs a break for a change.

Whenever they save up enough from being the openers of every show they play :lol: :lol:

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Swedish bands I think would make sense:
    Darkane
    Dimension Zero
    The Resistance
    Impious
    At The Gates
    Lake Of Tears

bands I think would be less likely but cool:
    Hypocrisy
    Entombed
    Terror 2000
    Carcass
    Candlemass

bands that would be a stupid idea:
    Arch Enemy
    Soilwork
    In Flames
    The Haunted
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Swedish bands I think would make sense:
    Darkane
    Dimension Zero
    The Resistance
    Impious
    At The Gates
    Lake Of Tears

Hypocrisy
    Entombed
    Terror 2000
    Carcass
    Candlemass

Arch Enemy
    Soilwork
    In Flames
    The Haunted

I like everything about this post.

My ultimate Swedish wish is Dragonland, but I don't see that happening. Evergrey would be fantastic too and I honestly think there's a good chance they'll be announced.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

shit.... I totally forgot Desultory... what with their reunion and their new cd being quite possibly their best ever... they'd be a Killer old school Swede band to get onbroad (and if you haven't heard the new cd, hop to it!)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Fuck it i've got nothing better to do i'll give it a go.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

portharbor wrote:

Fuck it i've got nothing better to do i'll give it a go.

Awesome! :cheers:
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Well I started off with Hellfest and now im pretty convinced i'm going to say fuck Wacken in 2013. God damn! Hellfest destroys wacken
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:01 pm

portharbor wrote:Well I started off with Hellfest and now im pretty convinced i'm going to say fuck Wacken in 2013. God damn! Hellfest destroys wacken

:lol: Wacken was fun when I went though the cruise blew that away. Hellfest looked awesome. Watched some of the performances online. Very jealous of those that went
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Hellfest is the base of the list I am making because Andy was reported to have actually been at Hellfest. It is also HUGE i'm matching the list's up with Tuska, Metalcamp, With Full Force, Graspop, Bloodstock, Hole In The Sky and Summerbreeze.

If the early indications i'm getting from compiling this list mean anything we should deffinetly get Kreator. Those bastards seem to be playing everything this summer lol
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm not the biggest power metal fan in the world. I would have picked Falconer over Hammerfall, but popularity doesn't dictate quality. I've never seen Hammerfall live, but I'll check them out. All I can truly say is at least it's heavier than Nightwish.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 am

Yes its the middle of winter down here - mind you, people still wander around in short sleeve shirts and shorts.

Queensland winter = awesome.

And no I haven't done number crunching lately - glad to see others have taken up where I left off though :D

Now watch the cabin sales skyrocket on the the back of the Hammerfall announcement.....

oooooor maybe not :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:33 am

And for those wishing for ARCH ENEMY, I think we can probably rule them out.

They have gigs scheduled for 20th and 21st of January 2012 in Greece, and it would be a hell of a stretch to get from there to Florida in time for the cruise :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 am

portharbor wrote:Hellfest is the base of the list I am making because Andy was reported to have actually been at Hellfest. It is also HUGE i'm matching the list's up with Tuska, Metalcamp, With Full Force, Graspop, Bloodstock, Hole In The Sky and Summerbreeze.

If the early indications i'm getting from compiling this list mean anything we should deffinetly get Kreator. Those bastards seem to be playing everything this summer lol

We've gotten Coroner who are doing all the major festivals. I'm "guessing" this means that Morbid Angel & Morgoth are possibilities as well.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 am

portharbor wrote:If the early indications i'm getting from compiling this list mean anything we should deffinetly get Kreator. Those bastards seem to be playing everything this summer lol

This is very promising news.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
  • FutileEternity
    Oiler

by FutileEternity » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:19 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Swedish bands I think would make sense:
    Darkane
    Dimension Zero
    The Resistance
    Impious
    At The Gates
    Lake Of Tears

Hypocrisy
    Entombed
    Terror 2000
    Carcass
    Candlemass

Arch Enemy
    Soilwork
    In Flames
    The Haunted

Agreed completely. And if we want bands of which all of their members are decent people and fun to be around, I certainly hope The Haunted isn't booked - Dolving isn't exactly always the most personable guy.
    Veteran of 2011 and 2012

At the Gates, Anata, Before the Dawn, Debauchery, Equilibrium, Mercenary, Holy Moses, Impious, Insomnium, Legion of the Damned, Kalmah, Skyfire, Omnium Gatherum, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Witchery, Night in Gales
  • raiderdeath442
    Crewman

by raiderdeath442 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 am

I see that most people dont like the new Hammerfal album. I really like it. How many times can you make the same album? I think the same can be said for alot of bands who have recently released new stuff. Like Helloween or Rhapsody or Malmsteen or Gamma Ray. You can't remake the classic albums we've come to love. It's called PROGRESS and GROWING UP. The guitar sound may change or Lyrical content may change. I have learned to expect that from bands who have alot of material. With that being said go back and listen to the new Hammerfall and give it a chance
    We survived 2011 #5594
    Can we do it for 2012 #4091
    2013--?
    2012 MOST WANTED Flotsam and Jetsam, Hammerfall,Helloween,Overkill,Dark Moor,Yngwie Malmsteen,TYR, Pathfinder,UFO,Warrior,Dethkklok,Symphony X,Edguy,Armored Saint.
  • FutileEternity
    Oiler

by FutileEternity » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am

I enjoyed the new HammerFall album. It has a bit of a heavier vibe than the last few, which was nice to see, even though I have no issues with any of their output.

I really hope the next announcement is At the Gates. Say them on their reunion tour and they were unreal - would be a perfect addition to the boat.
    Veteran of 2011 and 2012

At the Gates, Anata, Before the Dawn, Debauchery, Equilibrium, Mercenary, Holy Moses, Impious, Insomnium, Legion of the Damned, Kalmah, Skyfire, Omnium Gatherum, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Witchery, Night in Gales
  • raiderdeath442
    Crewman

by raiderdeath442 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 am

i didnt say anything about it being better than the earlier albums, because its not by a longshot. I kind of compare it to my taste in music over the last 25 years. Going from Whitsnake Ozzy, Kiss, Crue, etc... to Megadeth,Metallica,Venom, Accept,Slayer etc... to Gamma Ray,Rhapsody,Dark Moor,Nightwish,etc...Their tastes change also and the way they approach writing and recording change as well as ability and don't forget about technology changing. I fully respect your opinion on keeping true to your sound and I kinda wish they could do it every time. But like I said earlier how many Operation Mindcrimes or Powerplants or Peace Sells does every band have in em. So I guess we agree to disagree. Thanks for disagreeing with me. I think they'll be great on the boat. Hope to meet you on the trip. Will you be wearing the horns?
    We survived 2011 #5594
    Can we do it for 2012 #4091
    2013--?
    2012 MOST WANTED Flotsam and Jetsam, Hammerfall,Helloween,Overkill,Dark Moor,Yngwie Malmsteen,TYR, Pathfinder,UFO,Warrior,Dethkklok,Symphony X,Edguy,Armored Saint.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 am

gnoff wrote:I'll wear something pink most likely on the cruise, nothing more death metal than pink

Well, we shouldn't have any problem finding you on broad then :beerwink:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

gnoff wrote:Nah, the horns are not mine, that pic is from last x-mas in Germany, I borrowed all three helmets to goof up a pic whilst un-sober.

I'll wear something pink most likely on the cruise, nothing more death metal than pink

Maybe glitter would be even more death metal :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
Post Reply 7521 posts