Post Reply 7407 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    Michael D.
    Ensign

Re: Please welcome the first 7 out of 40

by Michael D. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm

NuuX wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:The rumour that Nightwish are going to be on seems to be the world's worst kept secret, so lets hope that the next announcement is them.

And please please PLLLLEEEEASE bring the rest of TAROT along. I would KILL to see them live!!

01/21/2012 Gibson Amphitheater Universal City, CA USA

This is the only date on Nightwish tour page. Convenient, right? :D

The rumour must be a strong one because I ran into a fellow cruise mate at the Death Angel gig on Saturday and he also talked about Nightwish being on board for 2012. The only other strong rumour was from Therion and see what happened. They are booked for 2012.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Michael D. wrote:The rumour must be a strong one because I ran into a fellow cruise mate at the Death Angel gig on Saturday and he also talked about Nightwish being on board for 2012. The only other strong rumour was from Therion and see what happened. They are booked for 2012.

It looks like this will be a reality. The fact that they're playing in California two days before the cruise departs is too much of a coincidence.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

KevinP wrote:
    junkhead13 wrote:HELL YEAH!

MY DYING BRIDE!!!! wooO!

I'm still in a stunned disbelief ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image

Hey ANDY Image You will always be my favorite Swiss living in Canada Image

The man is in ecstasy!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:I heard my dying bride a few times but never really liked them. Any recommendations as to what i should check out? im looking at you Kevin! !

Try, "An Ode to Woe". CD/DVD combo. Nice and dark. :deathmetal:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

I can't believe My dying bride are playing! yeah! so far I'm very happy with the line up :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Phemonal start! I've never seen most of these bands, so that gets me even more stoked.
    Can't wait for the next additions, and for booking to open!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Well, I for one, would love to see Tarja again (saw her twice solo in the past few years)... I think she is a stunningly beautiful, enchanting, and talented woman - but as we have often said here with good humor - TEHO :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Grave Digger and Pestilence are GREAT GREAT choices!!!!!!!!!Open minded to the others as I do not know much about them. Hell, as long as my seat in the Spectrum is there along with my Blue Moon beer, then I will be happy LOL :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Well, I for one, would love to see Tarja again (saw her twice solo in the past few years)... I think she is a stunningly beautiful, enchanting, and talented woman - but as we have often said here with good humor - TEHO :beerwink:

Absolutely! If I had to chose between Nightwish and Tarja being on broad, I would totally go with Tarja. :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    nikki1077
    Oiler

by nikki1077 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    audrey wrote:And I LOVE how Andy put "onbroad" in his message.

:heavydrink: :heavydrink:

I'd also LOVE to see:
    Cannibal Corpse
    Dethklok
    Gojira
    Devin Townsend
    Napalm Death
    Dimmu Borgir
    Suffocation

(for starters...)

I SECOND DETHKLOK!!!!!

All in all, I'm liking the lineup so far!! Can't wait to hear more!! :headbanger:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Ahoy, Disaster Area here, back from the dead!

What a great start to the 2012 lineup!
    :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm

So i was pissed that tristania cancelled the kamelot tour but now that dont matter

THIS IS FUCKING EPIC!!!!!

since grave digger is there PLEASE DONT BRING VAN CANTO!!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I swear I just came a little bit when I saw My Dying Bride announced! :party: Very well done sir.
    Pestilence and Tristania are an added bonus, and Therion is a band I'd like to check out also.
    For the rest of the wish list... please see signature.

THANK YOU ANDY AND UMC!!!!!!!! :shred:

Does this mean you plan on joining us?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 pm

junkhead13 wrote: My Dying Bride, And now KevinP and I can stop interjecting our constant requests for them! :D

I am so fucking psyched to finally get to see them. The 39 other bands be damned! I'll be there to chill and drink with my woman and my veteran cruiser friends!

I almost don't know what to do with myself. It like "We Won the War", peace broke out, starvation is cured. Where do I bring my army to next ? :lol:

I just hoping that Artillery and Kreator are the top of the thrash heap as those are the 2 best bands (besides Overkill) that weren't represented last time.

But I'll probably go on to pimping MADDER MORTEM. Female fronted, but completely different that all that symphonic stuff and not thrash either. I'm ridculously biased, but think they would be perfect.

Tristinia are friends with them and playing a few shows together in Norway, so that gives me at least a "ounce" of hope. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Need some Australian bands on broad - MORE VEGEMITE!!

Lord, Vanishing Point, Claim The Throne, Bane of Isldur, Black Majesty, The Amenta

Any of those will do :shred:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Evican wrote:My first thought after seeing that MDB are going to be onbroad was that "KEVIN IS GOING TO BE FUCKING ECSTATIC!". :lol:

I mean what could be better than the initial announcement with the man in charge saying ONBROAD and My Dying Bride ? Okay, if he made fun of power metal, that would have been the ultimate trifecta, but I'm willing to relinquish that point for the time being :lol: :headbanger: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Need some Australian bands on broad - MORE VEGEMITE!!

MORE BROADS = MORE BETTER
    MORE VEGEMITE = MORE BETTER

In conclusion, BROADS & VEGEMITE is MOST BETTER :beerwink:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I call first for cleaning girl on the right with my own methods
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    EveryFairyDies
    Oiler

by EveryFairyDies » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 pm

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! About time!!!! Now I really need a job!!!!

WIsh List:

Alestorm (it's not a metal cruise without a pirate metal band!)
    APOCALYPTICA!!!!!!!!!
    Dethklok
    Lacuna Coil
    Lunatica
    The Iron Maidens
    Tarja Turunen
    VAN CANTO!!!!!!!!!!
    Krypteria
    Rammstein
    Rob Zombie (hey, he said WISHlist!)
    Spinal Tap

And from Australia:

Silver Ocean Storm http://www.facebook.com/#!/SilverOceanStorm (kinda deathlike - a friend's band, very awesome)
    Lord http://www.lord.net.au/ (power metal from Victoria)
    Taberah http://www.facebook.com/#!/taberah.tas (power metal from Tasmania - they do a great cover of "crazy little thing called love"!)
    The Fevered http://www.facebook.com/thefevered?ref=ts&sk=app_178091127385 (more deathlike metal - also a friend's band, I would love him to come along next year)
    Scuurvy http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=scuurvy&init=quick&tas=0.00287349688291455#!/scuurvy?sk=wall (Oz pirate metal, in case Alestorm don't work out)
    VAN CANTO; Tarja; Within Temptation; Sabaton; Manowar; Apocalyptica; Dethklok; Lacuna Coil; Stream of Passion; Krypteria; Spinal Tap; Rammstein for 70,000 Tons 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/themoshpit100.3 for heavy metal in Brisbane!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 pm

EveryFairyDies wrote:Alestorm (it's not a metal cruise without a pirate metal band!)
    APOCALYPTICA!!!!!!!!!
    Lacuna Coil
    Lunatica
    Tarja Turunen
    VAN CANTO!!!!!!!!!!
    Krypteria
    Spinal Tap

I approve of all these. Greatly.

EveryFairyDies wrote:And from Australia:

VICTORIA?!? Don't let Lord Tim see that - they're actually from NSW :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Holy shit! Of course I pick this day to be busy and get home late. 4 pages already? :shock: I'm soooooo happy! Kudos to Andy and the UMC folk for this announcement! Therion, Eluveitie and Stratovarius! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Disaster Area wrote:Ahoy, Disaster Area here, back from the dead!

What a great start to the 2012 lineup!

Welcome back! :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Yes! It finally has started!! The celebrating for the loved bands ... the whining for the as yet unannounced bands ... the bitching about the hated bands ... the countless thread derailments!!! Woohoo!!!! :party:

Looking forward to seeing My Dying Bride and interested in checking out some of these others. If there ends up being a band or three that I don't care for and/or have no interest in seeing (as happened last time), I'll skip them quietly and not piss on anybody else's good time with them. The vibe of the event will be beyond cool like the last time regardless of what bands are playing so I'll be happy and having a good time anyway.

But, as far as wish lists go, the Death tribute sounds good (especially for us Florida folks who were there for the band from the beginning) and I return to my unfulifilled wishes from the last cruise -- Motorhead and King Diamond! :headbanger:
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Andy wrote:The wait is over!

Please welcome the first 7 out of 40 scheduled bands for 2012 onbroad

Andy, you are my hero :headbanger: :cheers: :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:Holy shit! Of course I pick this day to be busy and get home late. 4 pages already? :shock:....Welcome back! :party:

Now we only have to generate another 102 pages or so to surpass last year's main thread :lol:

Let's see if we can get 'er done before we sail shall we? :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    EveryFairyDies wrote:And from Australia:

VICTORIA?!? Don't let Lord Tim see that - they're actually from NSW :D

Yes, Sydney/Wollongong to be exact.

VIRGIN BLACK over all of the other Aussie metal bands mentioned. Other mentions would be The Amenta and Alchemist.
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I am so excited!!! We are all going to HELL and back!!! :lol: :lol:

I just had to add this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5rllUv ... ture=share
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    Samy
    Oiler

by Samy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Why do everyone seems to hate Nightwish ?? They are not my favorite, but it's a great band !!
    Ok, ok, but if I had to pick just one band from Finland, and not repeated, it would be CAIN'S OFFERING !!!

So far, excited to see Stratovarius and Grave Digger onboard

Top 5 wishlist:
    - MEGADETH (although I don't thing it's gonna happen)
    - EDGUY (they were born to be in this cruise)
    - DARK MOOR (otherwise I don't think I will have a chance to see their concert)
    - MAGO DE OZ (same reason above)
    - CAIN'S OFFERING (Gather the Faithful is just perfect, and I would love to see Jani alive)
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Samy wrote:Why do everyone seems to hate Nightwish ?? They are not my favorite, but it's a great band !!
    Ok, ok, but if I had to pick just one band from Finland, and not repeated, it would be CAIN'S OFFERING !!!

So far, excited to see Stratovarius and Grave Digger onboard

Top 5 wishlist:
    - MEGADETH (although I don't thing it's gonna happen)
    - EDGUY (they were born to be in this cruise)
    - DARK MOOR (otherwise I don't think I will have a chance to see their concert)
    - MAGO DE OZ (same reason above)
    - CAIN'S OFFERING (Gather the Faithful is just perfect, and I would love to see Jani alive)

I don't hate Nightwish, they actually used to be my favourite band once upon a time. However they just aren't what they used to be for me. I would love to be able to meet the band though and the ship is the perfect place for it. I would rather see ReVamp and be able to meet Floor though. But I feel if Nightwish is booked, there will be less chance of ReVamp being booked and maybe Unexpect too. You know, there's bound to be much complaining about (all) the female-fronted gothic/symphonic metal. :roll:
    Anathea
    Wiper

by Anathea » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm

What would be the advantage of no repeat bands? I can see opening it up to give other bands a chance and all, but NO repeats? I know it is just a rumor, but good bands are good bands and most of them are currently working on new stuff.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm

It gives other bands the opportunity and also fans the opportunity to see more bands that they possibly haven't seen before.

I'm sure UMC will book maiden voyage bands in the future, but not two years in a row.
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:53 pm

EveryFairyDies wrote:SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! About time!!!! Now I really need a job!!!!

WIsh List:

Alestorm (it's not a metal cruise without a pirate metal band!)
    APOCALYPTICA!!!!!!!!!
    Dethklok
    Lacuna Coil
    Lunatica
    The Iron Maidens
    Tarja Turunen
    VAN CANTO!!!!!!!!!!
    Krypteria
    Rammstein
    Spinal Tap

And from Australia:

Silver Ocean Storm http://www.facebook.com/#!/SilverOceanStorm (kinda deathlike - a friend's band, very awesome)
    Taberah http://www.facebook.com/#!/taberah.tas (power metal from Tasmania - they do a great cover of "crazy little thing called love"!)
    The Fevered http://www.facebook.com/thefevered?ref=ts&sk=app_178091127385 (more deathlike metal - also a friend's band, I would love him to come along next year)
    Scuurvy http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=scuurvy&init=quick&tas=0.00287349688291455#!/scuurvy?sk=wall (Oz pirate metal, in case Alestorm don't work out)

If for some reason Van Can't o makes it onbroad they'll just as fast find themselves overbroad.
    :beerhorns:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Aneak
    Oiler

by Aneak » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Finally!
    2011: Cabin #3545
    2012: Cabin #2031
    2013: Cabin #2563
    2014: Cabin #4521
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Evican wrote:It gives other bands the opportunity and also fans the opportunity to see more bands that they possibly haven't seen before.

I'm sure UMC will book maiden voyage bands in the future, but not two years in a row.

Don't you think there are a few bands that should just come standard on every metal cruise?
    Korpitrollbuckle perhaps?

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:30 pm

gnoff wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:BRING ON THE THRASHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the only one to wih for Tankard :cheers:

I cant believe they weren't there this year
    Tankard :headbanger:

Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

EveryFairyDies wrote:
    Dethklok

You said "Dethklok"
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

It's time to see the first Swisscheesemetalband on a cruise ship :viking:

How about some Swedish (pussy) Metal (even though Joachim from Sabaton told us, they're all gay) like
    HAMMERFALL or WOLF? :shred:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:12 am

reddevil wrote:It's time to see the first Swisscheesemetalband on a cruise ship :viking:

Charing Cross? :cheers:

reddevil wrote:How about some Swedish (pussy) Metal (even though Joachim from Sabaton told us, they're all gay) like
    HAMMERFALL or WOLF? :shred:

I would be happy with either.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:17 am

gnoff wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:BRING ON THE THRASHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the only one to wih for Tankard :cheers:

Tankard and Overkill would more than fill my thrash needs (which are considerably less than other peoples). Not sure where to slot Gwar in genre-wise, but lets have them too ;) :D

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am

Grave Digger and Pestilence are the two bands for me out of the 7.

Wishlist:

Motorhead
    Immortal
    WASP
    Cavalera Conspiracy
    Lamb of god
    Arch enemy
    Danzig
    Kreator
    Mustash
    Cannibal corpse
    Gorgoroth
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 am

I was really gutted that we found out about the cruise too late last year (we had already booked a trip to the US a few weeks later) especially because the line up was so exceptional. It would be a shame if none of the bands from last time were booked again, as I'd really love to see Ensiferum and Korpiklaani on the boat, but Eluveitie is a good start. I had predicted that they would be booked for next year :)
    Otherwise these other bands are on my wish list as well:
    Moonsorrow
    Turisas
    Kalmah
    Arkona
    Overkill
    Heidevolk

And all in all I would be more than satisfied with max 10 bands that I want to see, as I'd love to have time to relax and socialize too :D
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
Post Reply 7407 posts