Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Veterans... Check Your Inbox!

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote: I wonder what losers (Like the dude who sold a guitar that he had all the bands sign at the meet and greets on Ebay) will sell their cabins out and make profit?

i didn't even think of this! well at LEAST they offered first dibs to returning cruisers because i ain't sellin' my ticket for NUTHIN! no way!

I would sell mine but only for...

That's right... One MILLION Dollars!!!

Okay, actually, I might cough it up for about 25 grand but only if the person asked real nice like ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

LMAO@!ROB!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I would sell it for a evening in my cabin with Simone from Epica,

If we find someone on 2012 who said "I paid 5 GILLION DOLLARS" we can expose the ass clown that profited!

I feel there will be a few veteran cruisers who are let down and also LEGIONS of first time cruisers who are going to be left behid. But I knew this would happen. Way back when I posted that we would get first dib on the next cruise because that is the way cruises work. :)

FYI- The way the other themed cruises out of Miami went was for example 2013 cruise- All faithful vets (meaning 2011, 2012) will get the FIRST round of Cabins and then the people who went in 2012 for the first time will be after that and then public (if they have any left) :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I would sell it for a evening in my cabin with Simone from Epica,

as long as she don't "sing" ......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:07 pm

So I logged in with my promo code a few hours after tickets went on sale to us, and I chose Interior N, but I haven't received a phone call yet. My question is, am I accounted for in the sold out N cabins now, or does the preference choice on the website really mean nothing, and I'll have to take whatever I can when I get a phone call? I wish they were open today, I'm in Vancouver and I was planning to just walk in with beer and my credit card.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • juggernaut
    Crewman

by juggernaut » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Can't stand to see more and more cabins being sold out. Please start with public sales.
    Cabin 5077
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:41 pm

juggernaut wrote:Can't stand to see more and more cabins being sold out. Please start with public sales.

I'm in the same position :cry:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Lal@ wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:I would sell it for a evening in my cabin with Simone from Epica,

as long as she don't "sing" ......

I feel bad for her boyfriend if she acts in bed as she does on stage. ZzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzz.

That's not even counting the church lady outfit she wears off stage (gotta credit Craig with that one). :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 pm

hahaha she's usually better on stage, for some reason at the pool deck show she didn't seem to be her usual self
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Same story here, booked, waiting for confirmation, missed deck N, a little freaked out, impatient, it's a four day weekend. The Canucks got there ass handed to them two games in a row, maybe UMC gang is just in shock. Amorphis, Kiuas, Coroner, Motorhead, Doro, King Diamond, Overkill...
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I would sell mine but only for...

That's right... One MILLION Dollars!!!

Okay, actually, I might cough it up for about 25 grand but only if the person asked real nice like ;)

You're not lead passenger, so technically you can't sell off the whole cabin, just your spot in it. ;) :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I think I would sell my cabin for a nice glass of ......SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: NO WAY!!!! :shred:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:19 pm

tmcasper wrote:I would sell my cabin for a nice ride on a beautiful unicorn and Rainbow Brite doll:

At least you have the guts to admit it :heavydrink: :lol: :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 pm

KevinP wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:I would sell my cabin for a nice ride on a beautiful unicorn and Rainbow Brite doll:

At least you have the guts to admit it :heavydrink: :lol: :heavydrink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well...with the way shit goin now....a nice ride on a unicorn wouldn't be so bad... :cheers:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 pm

alex_canada wrote:So I logged in with my promo code a few hours after tickets went on sale to us, and I chose Interior N, but I haven't received a phone call yet. My question is, am I accounted for in the sold out N cabins now, or does the preference choice on the website really mean nothing, and I'll have to take whatever I can when I get a phone call? I wish they were open today, I'm in Vancouver and I was planning to just walk in with beer and my credit card.

Since no one answered your question: All contact for me was handled by email. Got confirmation in about 40 hours from booking request. But, the cabin that I booked was marked as sold out well before I got the confirmation. Hope this helps.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metal_Life
    Wiper

by Metal_Life » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 pm

With the cool kids on the mighty DECK TWO in 2012!!!
    Keep the announcements coming!!
    Agalloch,Opeth,Daylight Dies,Katatonia,Eluveitie,Dew Scented,Swallow the Sun,Tristania,Arch Enemy,Turisas,October Tide,Bloodbath,Ghost,Moonsorrow,Insomnium,My Dying Bride,Hollenthon,Rotting Christ,Isole,Shining (NOR),Shining (SWE),Therion,Wintersun
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:So I logged in with my promo code a few hours after tickets went on sale to us, and I chose Interior N, but I haven't received a phone call yet. My question is, am I accounted for in the sold out N cabins now, or does the preference choice on the website really mean nothing, and I'll have to take whatever I can when I get a phone call? I wish they were open today, I'm in Vancouver and I was planning to just walk in with beer and my credit card.

Since no one answered your question: All contact for me was handled by email. Got confirmation in about 40 hours from booking request. But, the cabin that I booked was marked as sold out well before I got the confirmation. Hope this helps.

I was starting to worry a bit, so your answer sure helped me. I wanted to book right away, but I have slow friends who don't seem to understand that the cheapest tickets sells out fast.

But why the fuck do they start selling tickets two days before the Easter holidays, when they have to confirm every purchase?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:35 am

I'll agree it's not the best timing although it worked out alright for me because the banks are not open until Tuesday. So that is the earliest I can make any sort of payment to them giving me time to get myself and my cabin mates organized. Of course paying with credit cards is probably a different story though.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:33 am

Doh! These are going fast... trying to find out if 2 more people want to go.... I want to start my booking process in the next 2 days before they open to public.... under pressure now!!! :evil:

Looks like I'm already going to be on at least deck 4. F me. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 pm

random question, but if you're the guy in that picture...were you at Progpower when Pain of Salvation was playing, and kept singing "I want you to know I can't sleep anymore" during their soundcheck?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    EveryFairyDies
    Oiler

by EveryFairyDies » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Jesus H Christ! You stay off the net for 2 days and posts explode up the ying-yang!!! (And no, I'm not drunk, I actually do talk like that when I'm sober).

I still haven't heard anything re: my booking, but I don't expect to get an email until at least Wednesday Oz time. And maybe not even then. It's awesome how fast the ship's filling with returns. Shows how awesome the whole thing was. Still crossing my fingers that certain peoples I know decide not to join us next year, though!!!!
    VAN CANTO; Tarja; Within Temptation; Sabaton; Manowar; Apocalyptica; Dethklok; Lacuna Coil; Stream of Passion; Krypteria; Spinal Tap; Rammstein for 70,000 Tons 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/themoshpit100.3 for heavy metal in Brisbane!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:42 am

it's fun to see the first page and then go straight ahead to last page. LOL

I've seen 2 of the 7 bands:
    Eluveitie and Stratovarius

and ow well. i'll let andy surprise me with the other 33 bands (or more)
    the small wishlist i have is only:

:viking: Heidevolk :viking: (i'll bet you didn't see that one coming LOL)
    Amon Amarth, to re-claim the viking crown lounge
    Turisas

and for the brawl it would be fun to put alestorm and swashbuckle on 1 boat, see how that turns out LOL
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:33 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:it's fun to see the first page and then go straight ahead to last page. LOL

I've seen 2 of the 7 bands:
    Eluveitie and Stratovarius

and ow well. i'll let andy surprise me with the other 33 bands (or more)
    the small wishlist i have is only:

:viking: Heidevolk :viking: (i'll bet you didn't see that one coming LOL)
    Amon Amarth, to re-claim the viking crown lounge
    Turisas

and for the brawl it would be fun to put alestorm and swashbuckle on 1 boat, see how that turns out LOL

Heidevolk is a definite favourite on my list. And I wouldn't mind to see Amon Amarth again.
    Ofcourse we need a pirate band...so Alestorm is on my list. 2 pirate bands would be too much of it. But...place them both in cabins on deck 2 and you can be certain there will be pranks going on between the 2 bands. :P
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Stéphanie Bordin
    Oiler

by Stéphanie Bordin » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 am

Booking Request Sent : I'm just waitin the confirmation !!!! :shred:
    2011 - Deck 5 - Room 5048
    2012 - Deck 4 - Room 4567
    2013 - Deck 8 - Room 8078
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Stéphanie Bordin wrote:Booking Request Sent : I'm just waitin the confirmation !!!! :shred:

Prepare to wait for a bit longer than your heart can beat in a normal way.
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:32 pm

aarrggh... ordered 24 hours after receiving code... no confirmation... but still deck 5 - 7 internally isnt sold out...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:27 pm

don't get your nut sack in a twist mike!
    it will come.

gotta love leute bockbier!

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote: nut sack will come.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 am

Wow, a lot of rooms have already sold out! I think there might little room for new cruisers! And it sold out very quickly might i Add
    Last edited by Heabymetawhunta on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:55 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote: there might little room for new cruisers!

I agree, they need to be small and compact like you to squeeze onbroad :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:18 am

KevinP wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote: there might little room for new cruisers!

I agree, they need to be small and compact like you to squeeze onbroad :heavydrink:

your right, i should get half off since i only take up half the space :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 am

yay, we're finally confirmed. Room 6583. 2 floors directly above our old room, 4583! LOL
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:46 am

Finally got my confirmation and paid for cabin, # 2069 :shred:

Blake said he still had 1000 requests to process... I feel real sorry for the people that didn't get a "veteran code"
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 am

fucking HELL!!!!!!

well al least it's good news. half of the boat has been already been sold out!

• PainOS
    Wiper

by PainOS » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:31 am

DrAmygdala wrote:Finally got my confirmation and paid for cabin, # 2069 :shred:

Blake said he still had 1000 requests to process... I feel real sorry for the people that didn't get a "veteran code"

so they don't want to give new people the possibility to go on the boat?
    I think thats really not a good promotion for the whole thing. Together with the higher prices...

well, I will stop here, otherwise I will loose my countenance.

and I still hope, that you're not right with this high number of requests.
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:34 am

PainOS wrote:

I think thats really not a good promotion for the whole thing. Together with the higher prices...

It sucks for new comers but even if it were nothing but veterans its still GREAT for business.
    :headbanger:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:59 am

When you've invented and bottled heavy metal oxygen, there's really very little need to worry about promotion.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Wow, and to think that the majority of those requests will be for full cabins. According to the site there are at least 260 cabins sold out already leaving no more than 890 cabins remaining (probably a lot less). It's starting to look like even some of the veterans won't be getting a place on broad. If that's true there won't even be a public sale...

My guess is that next year they will move to a bigger boat which will give other people a chance because they now know that they can sell 2000 tickets without a problem.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:23 pm

I just called, no answer. Sent an email, hopefully they'll get back soon. It just occured to me that I never checked my junk mail folder, but it isn't in there now. Does anyone know how long gmail holds things in the junk folder before deleting it? There is something in there from last monday so it should be fine. I'm freaking out :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Stained Class wrote:I just called, no answer. Sent an email, hopefully they'll get back soon. It just occured to me that I never checked my junk mail folder, but it isn't in there now. Does anyone know how long gmail holds things in the junk folder before deleting it? There is something in there from last monday so it should be fine. I'm freaking out :cry:

30 days unless you delete them yourself :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:59 pm

PainOS wrote:

I think it's 100 % correct that veterans get to pick first. After all, we are the ones who dared to book our cabins last year for a serious amount of cash, even though a lot of us weren't sure that the cruise would take place or if it was a scam. They should have given all veterans just one promo code for one spot each though. We were three in one cabin this year and next year we are trying to book 2 cabins for 2 persons each. If many bookings look like that, there will be trouble for newcomers.
Post Reply 7521 posts