Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: The Ones That Survived The Lake Of Bodom!

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 am

cowboy71 wrote:Has not been an announcement yet for 2012 between 9.50am on Saturday and 10.15am on Monday, so my call is that it will be at least another 2 days before we hear anything from Ultimate Mouths Closed about 70000 Tons of Silence.

This is one of those rare times that I hate to be right :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 am

damn i wasn't even surprised NOT to see announcement today :cry:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:54 am

Maybe their waiting till national metal day on 11-11-11 to make a bunch of big bombastic announcments that will blow the whole worlds minds....then again...maybe not.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 am

Sinister Realm wrote:Maybe their waiting till national metal day on 11-11-11 to make a bunch of big bombastic announcments that will blow the whole worlds minds....then again...maybe not.

Yeah they are timing it for the Black Sabbath announcement. :shock: :lol: :shock:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:03 am

KevinP wrote:
    Sinister Realm wrote:Maybe their waiting till national metal day on 11-11-11 to make a bunch of big bombastic announcments that will blow the whole worlds minds....then again...maybe not.

Yeah they are timing it for the Black Sabbath announcement. :shock: :lol: :shock:

I'd pee my pants if the Black Sabbath announcement on 11-11-11 had anything to do with the cruise.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 am

The idea of Ozzy and the gang on broad isn't what scares me... it's whoever else Ozzy/Sharon insist on bringing, whether it's other bands or even worse: other family members... :shock:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 am

I know not everyone here likes Lamb of God, but I do.

Their new CD comes out on January 24, 2012, the cruise would be a great way for them to celebrate and play new tunes! :deathhorns:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:46 am

STACH100 wrote:How about some more THRASH with TOXIC HOLOCAUST!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

I second that and raise you a Havok. Up the thrash!! :beerbang:
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

Egokrusher wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:How about some more THRASH with TOXIC HOLOCAUST!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

I second that and raise you a Havok. Up the thrash!! :beerbang:

Add some Municipal Waste too, please! :mrgreen:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:13 am

National Metal Day seems to me to be the next logical day to make an announcement. However, I thought that about 10/23 and 10/31. And that gives us a 27 or 28 day gap. If they were waiting for this day, it seems like there would be 1 big announcement or a group of bands. (And I don't see it being tied to Black Sabbath in any way, shape, or form.)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 am

KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I could understand if the ship was sold out. That would make sense. Drag out the announcements, leave the big ones to last, it wouldn't matter. Help build excitement in those going and stuff.

But if they want to move the remaining cabins, they need big announcements QUICKLY, so people have time to book flights and accommodation and do all those other things that may be required (ie. get visas, organise leave, organise babysitters, get passports, etc etc).

MAAAAAYBE they expected that the thing WOULD have sold out by now? (UMC "yeah, Chldren of Bodom, mid October, that will sell the ship out for sure") And they are not deviating from their plan because they are too bull-headed.

That really is the only reason I can think of as to why they are doing this.

Just my thinking....

I really don't think they are doing this just to annoy people or for their own amusement. At the risk of sounding like an absolute "kiss ass", Andy has to be pretty smart and savvy to put together a venture like this. Rationally thinking, would someone like that then do something like this ? I'm heavily leaning towards NO. Can an argument be made that he has great business sense/ability to plan/put things together but isn't a "customer service guru"? Sure I'll be onbroad with that train of thought.

We had at least a few confirmed reports from bands who were contacted and then a week or so later were announced. So I doubt that UMC is sitting on a chunk of bands just for the sake of sitting on a chunk of bands. If they had them in place, they would announce them. It doesn't do them any good (not that I can tell) to not announce them. It's gotta be finalizing contracts or waiting for Visa's the clear so they don't have a rash of cancellations. One of the things I was impressed with last time (as compared to other festivals), only 1 band pulled out. Maybe Andy is a fanatic on not wanting this to happen and he rather piss people off right now, then piss them off even further at a later date. It does build up the festival credibility if you limit the cancellations. People can know and trust that if a band is announced they will play.

Okay I'm starting to tread pretty close to Rob's turf with all this sane and logical thinking. So I'll end that portion of my post. :mrgreen:

Sane and rational Kevin scares me :? Excellent post though :heavydrink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:16 am

onenight wrote:I know why they're dragging out announcements. It's because everytime they announce a band somebody bitches about that band. If everyone would quit bitching we might have a full lineup already.

Stop bitching and be happy dammit!!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Yeah, why always bitching about everything, I suppose when a band is announced their fans get over here to see how is the environment and only found tousands of bitching about their favourite bands

KevinP wrote:

haha maybe that's with the purpose of create expectatios but I do think they're going to announce something on 11.11.11 THEY MUST!! is near to be a month without news :evil:

moral: only bitching about NON ANNOUNCEMENTS :bitch:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

Dear UMC,
    I am starting to worry, but not so much about the line up. You see, I'm very happy with enough bands to already know I'm sure to have a blast. I'm worried because the later the announcements come, the harder it will be for you to sell out this boat. You see, I WANT this to be a successful venture and carry on! I really hope you can pull this off. I'm 100% certain that having almost all of the bands announced by December would be a smart business decision.

You can do it!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:53 pm

onenight wrote:I know why they're dragging out announcements. It's because everytime they announce a band somebody bitches about that band. If everyone would quit bitching we might have a full lineup already.

I appreciate the sentiment...and can admit that I have done my share of whining about a few of the announcements.Whining about an issue of genre preference is admittedly lame...

But with what's happening now,It's just the simple cost of the event that allows the whining going on now to be justified. For the cash we are all dropping, we deserve answers. This is not a mere roadtrip. I can say that this event represents what is arguable my last big blowout before getting on to baby-making, so my expectations for a killer experience are a bit high.

At this point I am not even worried about my wishlist...I have accepted that we won't be getting accept, manowar, hypocrisy, or immortal. I am just upset that the "worrier" in me is starting to wonder if we will get a full list with quality bands. The final announcements should getting stronger, not stagnating.

Last year's lineup was so amazing, and I'm told the event was a rousing success...so booking in advance seemed totally prudent.

Guh....I'm sure logic will prevail. But it sure is hard to keep the faith without so much as a dropped line :(

My guess, by this time next week, either UMC will have shut us all up, or we will be festering on the edge of insanity over this. I hope they shut us up!!!
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I aprove this post!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:42 pm

metalgoddess wrote:I know not everyone here likes Lamb of God, but I do.

Their new CD comes out on January 24, 2012, the cruise would be a great way for them to celebrate and play new tunes! :deathhorns:

Im right with ya on that one doll face!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 pm

KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I could understand if the ship was sold out. That would make sense. Drag out the announcements, leave the big ones to last, it wouldn't matter. Help build excitement in those going and stuff.

But if they want to move the remaining cabins, they need big announcements QUICKLY, so people have time to book flights and accommodation and do all those other things that may be required (ie. get visas, organise leave, organise babysitters, get passports, etc etc).

MAAAAAYBE they expected that the thing WOULD have sold out by now? (UMC "yeah, Chldren of Bodom, mid October, that will sell the ship out for sure") And they are not deviating from their plan because they are too bull-headed.

That really is the only reason I can think of as to why they are doing this.

Just my thinking....

I really don't think they are doing this just to annoy people or for their own amusement. At the risk of sounding like an absolute "kiss ass", Andy has to be pretty smart and savvy to put together a venture like this. Rationally thinking, would someone like that then do something like this ? I'm heavily leaning towards NO. Can an argument be made that he has great business sense/ability to plan/put things together but isn't a "customer service guru"? Sure I'll be onbroad with that train of thought.

We had at least a few confirmed reports from bands who were contacted and then a week or so later were announced. So I doubt that UMC is sitting on a chunk of bands just for the sake of sitting on a chunk of bands. If they had them in place, they would announce them. It doesn't do them any good (not that I can tell) to not announce them. It's gotta be finalizing contracts or waiting for Visa's the clear so they don't have a rash of cancellations. One of the things I was impressed with last time (as compared to other festivals), only 1 band pulled out. Maybe Andy is a fanatic on not wanting this to happen and he rather piss people off right now, then piss them off even further at a later date. It does build up the festival credibility if you limit the cancellations. People can know and trust that if a band is announced they will play.

Okay I'm starting to tread pretty close to Rob's turf with all this sane and logical thinking. So I'll end that portion of my post. :mrgreen:

STACH100 wrote:I hope that was not their thinking! CoB would send people running in my opinion LOL!

Yeah keyboard heavy makeup and fingernail painted metal isn't my "thang" either :lol:

Stop bitching about everyone's bitching. :P :P :P

BRAVO!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Get drunk bitches!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:Get drunk bitches!

And then get drunk, bitches! :lol: :lol: :shots:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm getting bored. UMC is either working hard or hardly working. Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting. I think replica needs to come back. :evil:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:This is not a mere roadtrip. I can say that this event represents what is arguable my last big blowout before getting on to baby-making, so my expectations for a killer experience are a bit high.

Me too! It's going to be a while before I'm able to do this again (for the same reason as you) and so I'm all in for this years cruise but I want it to meet my expectations as well.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'm getting bored. UMC is either working hard or hardly working. Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting. I think replica needs to come back. :evil:

It shits me to tears, the fact that the admins from UMC say sweet FA on the forum. There are four of them, and apart from Andy's increasingly-infrequent updates to the first post in this thread, they haven't said a thing in over 2 months!

Allison
    last online Tues Nov 08 2011
    last post Thu Sep 08 2011

Andy
    last visited Thur Oct 20 2011
    last post Wed Aug 31 2011

Blake
    last visted Tue Sep 20 2011
    zero posts

Aaron
    last visted TODAY
    last post Fri Aug 26 2011
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 pm

:cry:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:45 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'm getting bored. UMC is either working hard or hardly working. Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting. I think replica needs to come back. :evil:

Nooooo replica! :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:This is not a mere roadtrip. I can say that this event represents what is arguable my last big blowout before getting on to baby-making, so my expectations for a killer experience are a bit high.

Me too! It's going to be a while before I'm able to do this again (for the same reason as you) and so I'm all in for this years cruise but I want it to meet my expectations as well.

Dude...glad I'm not alone. Don't get me wrong...I look forward to creating a spawn of metal...BUT, my chips are "all in" for this years' cruise. After the line up last year, and after talking to friends that went, it seemed a total lock for this year to be at least as stellar as last years. I just don't get it
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 pm

7pm in Vancouver now. Only been one announcement later than this so we can all but kiss goodbye any chance of an announcement for at least another 12 hours :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Im thinking they will mass announce now...Time is running short.. so are some tempers hahahha :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote:I have accepted that we won't be getting accept, manowar, hypocrisy, or immortal.

Wait, what? Where did you hear this?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 am

NuuX wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:I have accepted that we won't be getting accept, manowar, hypocrisy, or immortal.

Wait, what? Where did you hear this?

I don't have any of those 3 visible ones ruled out and there is no info to support this so I would stay hopeful for at least one of those.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 am

and again no announcement, this makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.. uuhhmm lion-o i mean

have you ever seen a very said lion-o? looks a bit like this:

but sadder
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 am

Looking at the booking page, it seems there are only 5 sections still available? The cheapest is running $1300 and goes up to $2333. So essentially, with 2 1/2 months until sail, we have the most expensive rooms left, except for the Grand Suite, which is sold. This does not give much time to come up with the money, not even considering that many people are spending more on hotels and flights than on the cruise itself.

So if it were me, regardless of who they announced, if I had not already booked, I wouldn't be able to book because the costs would be prohibitive. Come to think of it, that's why I didn't make the last one.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 am

Night In Gales release their new CD "Five Scars" today. BEST melodeath release of the year(no offense Insomnium, but it's true)... I think they'd be a GREAT addition to the lineup!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Night In Gales release their new CD "Five Scars" today. BEST melodeath release of the year(no offense Insomnium, but it's true)... I think they'd be a GREAT addition to the lineup!

Haha I was just listening to a track off of that CD when I read your post.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 am

Warphine wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Night In Gales release their new CD "Five Scars" today. BEST melodeath release of the year(no offense Insomnium, but it's true)... I think they'd be a GREAT addition to the lineup!

Haha I was just listening to a track off of that CD when I read your post.

Good man! *high five*

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 am

Wow I have 3 cds by Night In Gales but have not listened to any of them in a couple of years!
    Thanks for the reminder.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Passionfruit wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Looking at the booking page, it seems there are only 5 sections still available? The cheapest is running $1300 and goes up to $2333. So essentially, with 2 1/2 months until sail, we have the most expensive rooms left, except for the Grand Suite, which is sold. This does not give much time to come up with the money, not even considering that many people are spending more on hotels and flights than on the cruise itself.

So if it were me, regardless of who they announced, if I had not already booked, I wouldn't be able to book because the costs would be prohibitive. Come to think of it, that's why I didn't make the last one.

Exactly ... i remember last year bookings were sold out rather fast, even with bands still unannounced, there is a big chance that they wont sell completely this year due to the high prices with so little time left to pay for it, the absence of monthly payments, and the christmas season and belt-tightening of January coming up....

Yeah already paid mine, but looking at the total money I will spend with the cruise, hotel and flights across country, I can go see alot of Europe and Euro Fests for close to the same price. Plus I have never seen Europe. =-(
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Passionfruit wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Looking at the booking page, it seems there are only 5 sections still available? The cheapest is running $1300 and goes up to $2333. So essentially, with 2 1/2 months until sail, we have the most expensive rooms left, except for the Grand Suite, which is sold. This does not give much time to come up with the money, not even considering that many people are spending more on hotels and flights than on the cruise itself.

Exactly ... i remember last year bookings were sold out rather fast, even with bands still unannounced, there is a big chance that they wont sell completely this year due to the high prices with so little time left to pay for it, the absence of monthly payments, and the christmas season and belt-tightening of January coming up....

Yeah already paid mine, but looking at the total money I will spend with the cruise, hotel and flights across country, I can go see alot of Europe and Euro Fests for close to the same price. Plus I have never seen Europe. =-(

But you don't have your cool forumites buddies in Europe :P

Well... some of them you do...
    Wait... is that good or bad... ammmm

So Europe huh? :smoking:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:16 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Passionfruit wrote:

Yah, if the conversion to the Euro wasn't so brutal on Americans right now I would be all with ya on that. I am DYING to see Germany.

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:and again no announcement, this makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.. uuhhmm lion-o i mean

have you ever seen a very said lion-o? looks a bit like this:

but sadder

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i can't take it!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:
    Passionfruit wrote:

Yah, if the conversion to the Euro wasn't so brutal on Americans right now I would be all with ya on that. I am DYING to see Germany.[/quote]

Germany and Greece are tops on my list. But would be pretty excited to see most places over there...well except England...I just picture it as snobby America with bad food. =-P
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
Post Reply 7521 posts