Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1
Why was the 4 part payment schedule changed?
  • Metalwrath

Why was the 4 part payment schedule changed?

by Metalwrath » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 am

Last year people had to pay it over a longer perdiod which made it affordable for people because they had 2months between every payment they had to make.
    Now you've changed it to payment made every month in a row for 4 months after booking.
    Honestly with the sumer coming up i can see this fucking a lot of people over with deadlines to pay the amounts.
    Please change it!!!!!
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Why was the 4 part payment schedule changed?

by Michaelage » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am

luckely we get vaction money in holland at the end of may...
    Psycho
    Crewman

by Psycho » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Also think it's going to drive plenty of people insane...
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:58 pm

I noticed this also. I was hoping that for some reason I was reading it wrong.. :?
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Michaelage wrote:luckely we get vaction money in holland at the end of may...

vacation money from where? your government? That sounds awesome....I want to move there in that case
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 pm

nope its something you build up by working... like... every month you work... your boss puts 8% of your total montly income somewere else (its not substracted of your wage its extra) once a year at the end of may (most of the time) you get your vacation money and it adds up nicely... normally i get 1600 euro aka 2200 dollar extra that month...

and next to that... paying this cruise again... my gf gets at the end of the year and extra month worth of money just for working as part of the goverment:D woot:D
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 pm

So it's like our Superannuation as we don't get pensions for retirement anymore, you use your Super. We can't touch it though, you only get access to it once you retire.

That.. Or it's a kind of "tax refund".
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

welll this is next to your pension plan for which the boss and you both pay a part... damn our social stuff is godly i know:P but hell...

that geert wilders better keep his hands of my funds!!!! go get them boys (sends 4 middle ages knights onto him)

have at thee.... hay!!!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Michaelage wrote:have at thee.... hay!!!

What are you going to do? Bleed on me?!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 pm

damn im back... let the derailment commence!!!! :shred:
    starlight
    Crewman

by starlight » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 am

Michaelage wrote:luckely we get vaction money in holland at the end of may...

got my vacation-money yesterday, but it's just enough to pay the hotel before the cruise. Nevertheless: better then nothing :-)
    What will change in 2012 on the cruis?

Eat less (counterproductive)
      Sleep less (waste of time)
      Drink more -> PARTY MORE

2011: cabin 6529
    2012: cabin 6525
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:27 am

Can anyone confirm if it is possible for separate passenger payments per cabin though the installment plan? i.e 4 people in our quad room doing separate bank transfers for each of the monthly payments.

I seem to remember it being discussed last year but I didn't really pay attention since I was paying the whole cruise in full last year.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 am

Yes, I agree that the bi-monthly payment was certainly much easier to deal with. Hopefully something can be done about that.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Heijdeman
    Oiler

by Heijdeman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:01 am

Ravenlord wrote:Can anyone confirm if it is possible for separate passenger payments per cabin though the installment plan? i.e 4 people in our quad room doing separate bank transfers for each of the monthly payments.

I seem to remember it being discussed last year but I didn't really pay attention since I was paying the whole cruise in full last year.

The confirmation email states that you can either have each cabin member pay separately or the lead passenger can pay the total amount.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 am

That is what I hoped for, thanks.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

Payment schedule

by Samhain » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 am

Alright, I just got my booking confirmation and does anyone else feel like they've got no time to think?
    I cruised this year and I knew what to expect as far as prices go but my new cabinmates did not. They're expecting us all to put down $238.75 (minimum) -immediately-. I get that they're trying to run a tight ship (pun definitely intended) but my friends that I've booked our cabin for are scrambling around trying to figure out how they're going to make the first payment and then another payment in May... and then ANOTHER in June.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but... does anyone else feel like the payment schedule could be a little bit more lenient?
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
  • Metalwrath

Re: Payment schedule

by Metalwrath » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1558

As for the reasons i can only assume because they need the cash Asap to book some of the bands they plan on contracting to the cruise.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 am

They gave us 4 months to save up for the first payment....
    ..yeah the second could be streched out a bit further....
    and then another four months to gather the last payment...

most of us here were bitching and complaining they were taking too long....
    but I would think that especially this time around....
    they are SUPER busy with all us Maiden Voyagers jumping on right away....with no hesitation
    .....I would ask them if they woul take the second payment more towards the middle of the first and last....Im sure they wouldnt have a major problem with that.....never hurts to ask ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Deb :)
    I just fired off an e-mail to them and hopefully something can be changed. I think we're all scrambling around with these new payment schedules.
    I'll let everyone know what response I get!
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am

Samhain wrote:Thanks Deb :)
    I just fired off an e-mail to them and hopefully something can be changed. I think we're all scrambling around with these new payment schedules.
    I'll let everyone know what response I get!

Thanks hun...yeah...I think that the prices that are being marked off so quickly as "sold out" are making everyone nervous!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 am

I'm going to pay in full, which makes me even more anxious. I got the $$$ burning a hole in my bank account with no one to give it to (yet). :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think maybe because the payment thing was such a clusterfuck last year and they know they have a primo product, they can dictate better and tighter terms with customers now, since there will always be someone else waiting in line to pay if you don't right now. Just my thought :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:03 pm

KevinP wrote:I'm going to pay in full, which makes me even more anxious. I got the $$$ burning a hole in my bank account with no one to give it to (yet). :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think maybe because the payment thing was such a clusterfuck last year and they know they have a primo product, they can dictate better and tighter terms with customers now, since there will always be someone else waiting in line to pay if you don't right now. Just my thought :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah that's the thing though. My cabinmates are good for the money but they can't come up with that much with this little notice. If we had had some notice that the payment schedule was going to change they could have saved up or I would have gotten a smaller cabin =/

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Aye i think i have the money to pay full out and so does my friend Carl but i am not sure for my friend Simon.
    Although he may be booking a cabin now with a friend from Malmo and being replaced with anoher friend from Seattle.
    Wil know soon.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Aye i think i have the money to pay full out and so does my friend Carl but i am not sure for my friend Simon.
    Although he may be booking a cabin now with a friend from Malmo and being replaced with anoher friend from Seattle.
    Wil know soon.

Huh? you didn't mention this... I'm here too! :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Aye i think i have the money to pay full out and so does my friend Carl but i am not sure for my friend Simon.
    Wil know soon.

sucks to be the last to know doesnt it?
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Wil know soon.

I told you earlier dumbass
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:
    Wil know soon.

I told you earlier dumbass

either that or you're poppin those little blue pills again....tsk tsk :beerwink: :roll:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Nooo you didn't...
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 pm

that's indeed quite tough if you have to save the money first
    I'm glad I can even afford to pay in full
    I wouldn't wanna change places with you
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Samhain wrote:Yeah that's the thing though. My cabinmates are good for the money but they can't come up with that much with this little notice. If we had had some notice that the payment schedule was going to change they could have saved up or I would have gotten a smaller cabin =/

Yeah I hear ya. Having the payment schedule up a few weeks, even a few days, prior to sending out the booking codes could have given people time to think.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1