Locked 171 posts
Public sales, any idea when this starts?
  • KevinP
    Commander

Re: Anyone else getting frustrated?

by KevinP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 am

And then you get the SMART bands who realize they are getting to play for a PAID VACATION and don't have to stand in the mud for hours before their set.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:59 am

KevinP wrote:And then you get the SMART bands who realize they are getting to play for a PAID VACATION and don't have to stand in the mud for hours before their set.

True, I guess some bands will get second thoughts now.
    I spoke with Mark of Epica last night and he said that he hopes to be invited again with Epica or with MaYaN. *crosses fingers*

And for you Kevin. I hope MaYaN will come. Did you saw the interview with Ariën on Blabbermouth? He said that MaYaN will sound heavier. Stuff that would be too brutal for Epica. :headbanger: (7m15s-8m35s)
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155521
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 am

KevinP wrote:And then you get the SMART bands who realize they are getting to play for a PAID VACATION and don't have to stand in the mud for hours before their set.

You migth want to ask some of the smaller bands before making the assumption that they got a paid vacation ;)
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 am

Metalwrath wrote:You migth want to ask some of the smaller bands before making the assumption that they got a paid vacation ;)

I'm under no delusion that Arsis or The Absence got paid, just a free cruise. Those were throw in's since they had extra cabin space (I assume).

But most any band of any respestability got something :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 am

KevinP wrote:But most any band of any respestability got something :mrgreen:

And to think you give Debb a hard time about not letting spellcheck help her fix definately :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

And to think you give Debb a hard time about not letting spellcheck help her fix definately :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in lazy mode right now. Plus the cat knocking a glass of wife onto the keyboard a few weeks ago has caused some keys to stick. Starting to drive me nuts.

And you spelled DEFINITELY wrong you stinkin' Canadian Nazi :lol: :P :lol:

Nothing more pathetic than pointing about a spelling error and making one yourself.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:04 am

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I'm in lazy mode right now. Plus the cat knocking a glass of wife onto the keyboard a few weeks ago has caused some keys to stick. Starting to drive me nuts.

And you spelled DEFINITELY wrong you stinkin' Canadian Nazi :lol: :P :lol:

Nothing more pathetic than pointing about a spelling error and making one yourself.

What is a glass of wife? :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 am

KevinP wrote:Nothing more pathetic than pointing about a spelling error and making one yourself.

As if bro. I spelled it that way to illustrate how she (and half the interweeb folks) always writes it. You should know me better than that. The only reason you caught me in that typo earlier this week was cuz I was editing one of your posts to hit ya with a FIXED and just left the last letter there in error. I AM THE SP33LING KING!!!

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 am

mooyagi wrote:What is a glass of wife? :P

Not sure but I have to say a long tall glass would sure go down great right now ;)

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Not sure but I have to say a long tall glass would sure go down great right now ;)

just make sure you have your earplugs to deal with the whining and complaining :mrgreen:

And to boot my mouse is getting old and will either not click at all, or double click. Add that to the keyboard issues and I feel very McQuenn-ish lately :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 pm

KevinP wrote:I feel very McQuenn-ish lately :lol:

Sorry Kevin but you are not a proper replacement. Anybody else miss Deb around here?

I really hope we get at least some words of "its okay we're working on it" soon so we have SOMETHING to work with!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 pm

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

just make sure you have your earplugs to deal with the whining and complaining :mrgreen:

And to boot my mouse is getting old and will either not click at all, or double click. Add that to the keyboard issues and I feel very McQuenn-ish lately :lol:

Just use the money you save for the cruise to pay for a new computer and shit... :D
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:28 pm

The main page has changed!!! Announcement must be forthcoming! :shred:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:36 pm

tmcasper wrote:The main page has changed!!! Announcement must be forthcoming! :shred:

I just saw it too!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm

tmcasper wrote:The main page has changed!!! Announcement must be forthcoming! :shred:

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:25 am

It seems I came on at the right time! Going to have to start checking back every day now. Fingers crossed for something soon!
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 am

On their facebook site, they wrote 9 hours ago: Sailors get ready for January 2012

So it can´t be long until something comes out :viking:
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:09 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:You migth want to ask some of the smaller bands before making the assumption that they got a paid vacation ;)

I'm under no delusion that Arsis or The Absence got paid, just a free cruise. Those were throw in's since they had extra cabin space (I assume).

But most any band of any respestability got something :mrgreen:

The drummer for The Absence told me in detail what they recieved.. free drinks (or a voucher for a certain limit per person) on the 2 days they played, free cruise, and yes, they did get paid on top. Pretty good deal, especially considering they didn't have to go far to get on the boat!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Oli wrote:On their facebook site, they wrote 9 hours ago: Sailors get ready for January 2012

So it can´t be long until something comes out :viking:

You'd like to think that it won't be long until they give us an announcement!

And BANDS!!! :viking:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 pm

viathyn wrote:The drummer for The Absence told me in detail what they recieved.. free drinks (or a voucher for a certain limit per person) on the 2 days they played, free cruise, and yes, they did get paid on top. Pretty good deal, especially considering they didn't have to go far to get on the boat!
    I have an actual letter that Kári Streymoy from Týr got (since he wrote his setlist on the back of it - which I got after their second show) - a whopping $50 per person spending credit!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Ready... set...
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 pm

viathyn wrote:The drummer for The Absence told me in detail what they recieved.. free drinks (or a voucher for a certain limit per person) on the 2 days they played, free cruise, and yes, they did get paid on top. Pretty good deal, especially considering they didn't have to go far to get on the boat!

Well then I guess every band got paid then, would only make sense. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:31 pm

DrAmygdala wrote:
    I have an actual letter that Kári Streymoy from Týr got (since he wrote his setlist on the back of it - which I got after their second show) - a whopping $50 per person spending credit!

Wow I would've expected the bands to get all booze for free! Anyone know how big Korpiklaani's tab was then? :lol: Can't imagine any of us got up to what they ended up paying.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:Wow I would've expected the bands to get all booze for free! Anyone know how big Korpiklaani's tab was then? :lol: Can't imagine any of us got up to what they ended up paying.

I didn't think the cruise line was comping them completely at all, waay too much $$$ they would leave on the table. And if they did I would have been hella pissed. I bought Warrel Dane a Long Island Ice Tea, and if he was getting them for free I would have asked for his fucking room card. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:36 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Wow I would've expected the bands to get all booze for free! Anyone know how big Korpiklaani's tab was then? :lol: Can't imagine any of us got up to what they ended up paying.

I didn't think the cruise line was comping them completely at all, waay too much $$$ they would leave on the table. And if they did I would have been hella pissed. I bought Warrel Dane a Long Island Ice Tea, and if he was getting them for free I would have asked for his fucking room card. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Good point. I'm sure a lot of band members didn't have to pay for much of anything. Might've even given their room cards to a few people. ;) Feel kinda bad for all the bands walking around that nobody recognized :|
    RazorReb
    Oiler

by RazorReb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Hell f'in yeah! Finally 2012 is coming to light. January 2012. Cannot wait. See ya there! Again!

:cheers: :shred: :party: :viking: :heavydrink:
    2011: 3543 2012: 3533 Wishlist: Accept Annihilator Cannibal Corpse Candlemass Evile Exciter Arch/Matheos Flotsam & Jetsam Helloween High On Fire Lizzy Borden Loudness Kreator Nuclear Assault Opeth OVERKILL Sacrifice Skeletonwitch Symphony X Vio-Lence
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:55 pm

mooyagi wrote::lol: Good point. I'm sure a lot of band members didn't have to pay for much of anything. Might've even given their room cards to a few people. ;) Feel kinda bad for all the bands walking around that nobody recognized :|

Korpiklaani ended up with a box of beer on the pool deck on the last day just before Sabaton played. I wonder if they were bought on the ship? :roll: IF my memory serves me right, I think they were also sneakily selling their own merch on the pool deck too that day. :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Evican wrote:
    mooyagi wrote::lol: Good point. I'm sure a lot of band members didn't have to pay for much of anything. Might've even given their room cards to a few people. ;) Feel kinda bad for all the bands walking around that nobody recognized :|

Korpiklaani ended up with a box of beer on the pool deck on the last day just before Sabaton played. I wonder if they were bought on the ship? :roll: IF my memory serves me right, I think they were also sneakily selling their own merch on the pool deck too that day. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yes they were trying to sell merch.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Probably there was a smaller queue than the official shop :P
    -----------------
    Zeh
    rnesta
    Crewman

by rnesta » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:44 pm

I'll be happy no matter what happens!This is in the top 3 of all my boating adventures& would love to see some of the same bands plus my new friends on The Majesty again. :heavydrink: :shred:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 am

KevinP wrote:

yeah, buying Jon Schaffer a Johnny Walker Black was one of the stupidest things I've ever done
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Frustrated I was the 2 weeks after I came back home from the Cruise.
    Now, I'm just crossing my fingers to get one of the cheapest cabins on time before they sell out. Kinda impacient right here. I have the 70K Tons website as my home page, so I can't miss the booking at all!!
    I can understand why they are taking so long (last year they had more than a year to organize this whole thing), but an announcement once a month wouldn't hurt! I don't care what they'd post, as long as they keep as informed. Something like "We are doing our best, we have lives too, ya know?" would do it. We just want to feel we are not left forgotten =S

And, ya, having a date would be nice. I have to plan my vacations for next year as well. I'm planning on going back to my country for a visit and it was scheduled to be on January. So, if Allison or Andy could come up with a specific date just to start with, I wouldn't mind!! I don't care about the bands THAT much right now. Just want to make sure I have the dates and the cabin booked.
    If the bands suck, I can always step out... right? :roll:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

kaluviva wrote:Frustrated I was the 2 weeks after I came back home from the Cruise.
    Now, I'm just crossing my fingers to get one of the cheapest cabins on time before they sell out. Kinda impacient right here. I have the 70K Tons website as my home page, so I can't miss the booking at all!!
    I can understand why they are taking so long (last year they had more than a year to organize this whole thing), but an announcement once a month wouldn't hurt! I don't care what they'd post, as long as they keep as informed. Something like "We are doing our best, we have lives too, ya know?" would do it. We just want to feel we are not left forgotten =S

And, ya, having a date would be nice. I have to plan my vacations for next year as well. I'm planning on going back to my country for a visit and it was scheduled to be on January. So, if Allison or Andy could come up with a specific date just to start with, I wouldn't mind!! I don't care about the bands THAT much right now. Just want to make sure I have the dates and the cabin booked.
    If the bands suck, I can always step out... right? :roll:

I have the same concerns you have. I need to plan and start buying stuff to not empty my whole bank account in one shot :)
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • fbatman666
    Oiler

by fbatman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

"SAILORS... GET READY FOR JANUARY 2012!!!" just that? no date yet? what happens to those who need to plan your holiday? (is not my situation, but I know many people who need to mark their holidays in advance) :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:19 am

Has anybody heard more about their earlier statement ,that those who were on the last cruise,will get first priority on booking the 2012 cruise?

And if so,will that be only for the same cabinn/amount of people?
    Last edited by Oli on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:06 am

Oli wrote:Has anybody heard more about their earlier statement about,that those who were on the last cruise,will get first priority on booking the 2012 cruise?

If it is true, I would assume everyone would be given the chance to make a booking and get a booking code. It would seem strange to only issue priority booking to people who made the booking.

But like everything else at this point, it's just speculation. We'll have to wait and see.

Wonder if there might be an announcement next Friday? "The cruise is free next year... April fools!" Gotta remember to ignore everything that is said on that day.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:23 am

hahaha
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

Oli wrote:Has anybody heard more about their earlier statement ,that those who were on the last cruise,will get first priority on booking the 2012 cruise?

Haven't called recently, but I talked to a booking agent at UMC back in February. He told me that all cruisers from 2011 will get an email with information about a special presale for cruise veterans. There are no restrictions on rooms or with whom you can room. You can even book a cabin using your code with new cruisers as well.

Of course, all this information may be dated and they may have changed their minds, but since it's what I was told when I called, I'm assuming it to be true.
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:16 am

Haven't called recently, but I talked to a booking agent at UMC back in February. He told me that all cruisers from 2011 will get an email with information about a special presale for cruise veterans. There are no restrictions on rooms or with whom you can room. You can even book a cabin using your code with new cruisers as well.

Of course, all this information may be dated and they may have changed their minds, but since it's what I was told when I called, I'm assuming it to be true.[/quote]

Thanks for the info,really hope they stick to it! :cheers:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 am

it would be nice
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
Locked 171 posts