Locked 98 posts
New Forum Name Change after Last Year?
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: New Forum Name Change after Last Year?

by Goddess of Metal » Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:I've been the Captain since the 90's, so no change here either. And yes, I have been addressed as such in real life as well, so it's here to stay :viking:

Most of my friends in Seattle call me metal goddess, too! :shred:

Back when I was first online trying to think of a screen name of something I really liked, Judas Priest's "Metal Gods" came to mind. Hence, Metal Goddess. Just ran it all together for most forums, though. :D

WOW...thats cool.......hell....Ive been called Debborah my whole fuckin life! ;) he he :cheers: :headbanger:aaaaaaand I just happen to be number 1 :D :roll:

Debb you are a nut!!!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Laura wrote:I just sent a pm to Allison to change my forum name to my real first name Laura (for those who know me from fb - that's a nickname/alias). I've only been on a handful of forums (music and otherwise), and I've had different names for each so I guess I never felt terribly connected to any of them. I picked tyrwoman for this forum (egads - 1 year ago tomorrow! :shock: ) because Tyr is one of my fave bands, plus I had just seen them, so they were kinda on the brain. At that point, they hadn't been announced yet for the maiden voyage, so it was cool when they were!
    :viking:

You will always be tyrwoman to me :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Laura wrote:I just sent a pm to Allison to change my forum name to my real first name Laura (for those who know me from fb - that's a nickname/alias). I've only been on a handful of forums (music and otherwise), and I've had different names for each so I guess I never felt terribly connected to any of them. I picked tyrwoman for this forum (egads - 1 year ago tomorrow! :shock: ) because Tyr is one of my fave bands, plus I had just seen them, so they were kinda on the brain. At that point, they hadn't been announced yet for the maiden voyage, so it was cool when they were!

awwwww.....sweet! But - I dunno, that name was starting to get on my nerves! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Laura wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

awwwww.....sweet! But - I dunno, that name was starting to get on my nerves! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Now I'm definitely not calling you by any other name :mrgreen:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 12:36 am

I liked the name. I always read it like Tyr-o-woman (Tarot Woman) which is my favorite song by Rainbow. :cool:

I don't know any songs called Laura :cry:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 am

Ravenlord wrote:I liked the name. I always read it like Tyr-o-woman (Tarot Woman) which is my favorite song by Rainbow. :cool:

I just looked this up (my name's Laura too) and there are actually quite a few songs called Laura :D None by metal artists though!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 am

MadameLePink wrote:None by metal artists though!

Exactly, what's the point? :P

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri May 13, 2011 3:14 am

I guess we'll have to ask some metal band to write a song a call it "Laura" then :mrgreen:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 am

Hey Rob! Mind if we rename "All hands on deck" to "Laura", or alternatively "All hands on Laura"? :lol:

Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Fri May 13, 2011 5:45 am

Oli is my name and will always be i guess..so no change for me :viking:

While we are on this whole name thing....I have a question for you guys.

I have been trying to put in an avatar of late and just can´t seem to make it happen,no matter how i try to resize the picture,it always seems to big.

Can anybody help an utterly useless PC user, with a rock solid metal heart
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 am

debborah1 wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:I've been the Captain since the 90's, so no change here either. And yes, I have been addressed as such in real life as well, so it's here to stay :viking:

Most of my friends in Seattle call me metal goddess, too! :shred:

Back when I was first online trying to think of a screen name of something I really liked, Judas Priest's "Metal Gods" came to mind. Hence, Metal Goddess. Just ran it all together for most forums, though. :D

WOW...thats cool.......hell....Ive been called Debborah my whole fuckin life! ;) he he :cheers: :headbanger:aaaaaaand I just happen to be number 1 :D :roll:

LOL! Of course, my real name is Carrie. Just like the Stephen King book, so don't fuck with me. ;)
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 6:11 am

Oli wrote:Oli is my name and will always be i guess..so no change for me :viking:

While we are on this whole name thing....I have a question for you guys.

I have been trying to put in an avatar of late and just can´t seem to make it happen,no matter how i try to resize the picture,it always seems to big.

It can be tricky if you're not a photoshop nerd. I'll PM you my email. Send me the picture and I'll have a go at resizing it and send it back to you. :beerwink:

• DorothyGale
    Oiler

by DorothyGale » Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    Oli wrote:I have been trying to put in an avatar of late and just can´t seem to make it happen,no matter how i try to resize the picture,it always seems to big.

It can be tricky if you're not a photoshop nerd. I'll PM you my email. Send me the picture and I'll have a go at resizing it and send it back to you. :beerwink:

Another option, if you're not photoshop literate is using this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ Super easy.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 7:41 am

^^ Well there ya go. Even easier! And less work for me :P

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri May 13, 2011 8:19 am

Ravenlord wrote:Hey Rob! Mind if we rename "All hands on deck" to "Laura", or alternatively "All hands on Laura"? :lol:

LOL, good one

however, if there needs be a song dedicated to anyone should be called "ode to the veterans!"
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 am

Ravenlord wrote:Hey Rob! Mind if we rename "All hands on deck" to "Laura", or alternatively "All hands on Laura"? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Ravenlord you are my hero :viking: :viking: :viking:

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Never even thought of a name change. Heck, I had to do some thinking before I would even change my avatar picture (unlike tinwhistlewoman who changes it almost daily :lol: )
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm

"All Hands on Laura"......classic! :lol:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Ravenlord wrote:I liked the name. I always read it like Tyr-o-woman (Tarot Woman) which is my favorite song by Rainbow. :cool:

Well, thanks Ravenlord (Paul). I must say that I like both your names very much (real and screen) - in fact, if I had had a son, Paul was a top choice along with Max :D . Interesting you connected my screen name with the Rainbow song. I don't think I know that song - maybe if I heard it? - I'll youtube it later. As I said, I picked the name over a year ago because of the band Tyr, and lol - it just got to bug me as being too narrow-focused. :lol: Also, strangely :? - when I'd see it on the screen and "hear" it in my head - I would often think of a word with the same pronunciation: tear as in :cry:

aaaaanyway.....at the risk of being waaay too TMI....I was named Laura after the 1944 film noir murder mystery classic Laura http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_(1944_film) and its famous theme song by the same name http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LxUKbejIs . The song was recorded by many different artists - but my mom especially loved the Frank Sinatra version from the 1950's which is definitely NOT :lol: a metal song (but quite pretty I must say nevertheless :P ) My middle name is Gene like the star of the film Gene Tierney, although I was named that more because that was my grandfather's name as well.

MadameLePink wrote:I just looked this up (my name's Laura too) and there are actually quite a few songs called Laura :D None by metal artists though!

Laura...since I discovered earlier on a pm that we have the same name, I was wondering - is Laura an unusual name to have in Denmark? I've known relatively few here in the states. When I took German in high school - my German teacher gave me the name Hannelore - I guess she thought that was closest Germanic sounding equivalent. :P

:oops: that would be a bit much. ;) :P

I think the subject of names and process of "naming" is really interesting! Among other things, it made me think of this.... :beerwink:

Juliet:

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
    Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
    And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Romeo:

[Aside] Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

Juliet:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
    Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
    What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
    What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name which is no part of thee
    Take all myself.

Romeo:

I take thee at thy word:
    Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
    Henceforth I never will be Romeo.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Oli wrote:Ravenlord you are my hero :viking: :viking: :viking:

Yay :cheers: - you have an avatar! :D By the way, is Oli short for Oliver?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Any time! :cheers:

MissyMisfit
    Crewman

by MissyMisfit » Fri May 13, 2011 6:36 pm

I wish I had known about the forum last year. :beerwink:
    2011- Cabin #3098 2014 #8596
    2012- Cabin #3521 2015 #7200
    2013- Cabin #2599
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 pm

MissyMisfit wrote:I wish I had known about the forum last year. :beerwink:

Missy,

I am glad I did.. never been part of one before. But, since I travlled alone last year, the awesome folks here were the actual deciding factor on me going. I was also lucky that there were so many people from my city/provice that we hang out, go to shows etc.

Yay.. a new person to "Blackguard"-- :cheers:

See opening post to reference.. LOL
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat May 14, 2011 2:16 am

Laura wrote:Laura...since I discovered earlier on a pm that we have the same name, I was wondering - is Laura an unusual name to have in Denmark? I've known relatively few here in the states. When I took German in high school - my German teacher gave me the name Hannelore - I guess she thought that was closest Germanic sounding equivalent. :P

Well, I was born and raised in Italy and there it's quite common. There are not thousands of them but still quite a few. The same in Denmark, I have several customers called Laura. But both in Italian and in Danish the name is not pronounced like you do in English :)

Beer and bananas!
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sat May 14, 2011 2:27 am

Laura wrote:

It´s short for Òlafur...In Iceland we tend to shorten or leghten our names in to sort of a nickname.

A few exsampels

Jon--Bubbi
    Sigurdur---Siggi

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 14, 2011 5:50 am

Oli wrote:
    Laura wrote:

It´s short for Òlafur...In Iceland we tend to shorten or leghten our names in to sort of a nickname.

A few exsampels

Jon--Bubbi
    Sigurdur---Siggi

You're from Iceland? :cool: Didn't know there were any people from Iceland on the boat this year. It's definitely a place I'd like to go someday! I only know two friends who have been there - my cabinmate from this year (who sadly isn't going again in 2012 but she did just back from the Roadburn Fest which sounds really cool), and my friend Karl who writes the blog http://www.norsemyth.org/ (I know I've mentioned him before because he did a very long interview with Johan Hegg about a year ago.) Aaanyway, we had lunch together recently at a Scandinavian Studies conference and he told me LOTS about his three week trip to Iceland a year ago, in particular about the people he met from Ásatrúarfélagið. He interviewed the "deputy high priestess" Jóhanna G. Harðardóttir - interesting! http://www.norsemyth.org/2011/01/interv ... ir-of.html

sort of back to topic (names at least): funny Jon becomes Bubbi :P
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 14, 2011 6:12 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    Laura wrote:Laura...since I discovered earlier on a pm that we have the same name, I was wondering - is Laura an unusual name to have in Denmark? I've known relatively few here in the states. When I took German in high school - my German teacher gave me the name Hannelore - I guess she thought that was closest Germanic sounding equivalent. :P

Well, I was born and raised in Italy and there it's quite common. There are not thousands of them but still quite a few. The same in Denmark, I have several customers called Laura. But both in Italian and in Danish the name is not pronounced like you do in English :)

Oh, I forgot that you grew up in Italy! :cheers: :cool: And I wouldn't say it's totally uncommon in the states...I just remember growing up I only knew of one or two others in school. I think I told you that one of our daughter's names is Genevieve, and I've never knew of anyone personally with that name - I liked it because the first four letters are my middle name, plus it's French and sounds pretty. :D

LIke I said earlier, I think the subject of names and how people are named or nicknamed is really interesting. Coincidentally, a co-worker of mine recently told me about the part of the US Social Security Administration site that lists popularity of names in the USA going way back. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

The top names in the US for 2010 were:

Male name, Female name
    1 Jacob, Isabella
    2 Ethan, Sophia
    3 Michael, Emma
    4 Jayden, Olivia
    5 William, Ava
    6 Alexander, Emily
    7 Noah, Abigail
    8 Daniel, Madison
    9 Aiden, Chloe
    10 Anthony, Mia

I'm going to assume that the #1 popularity of the names Jacob and Isabella (Bella) are due to the EXTREME popularity of the Twilight books and movies here - which proves it's not just pre-teen and teen girls who like them. ;) Also, I bet the popularity of Jayden as a name has to do with Jayden Smith from the 2010 Karate Kid. Funny how movies and popular culture can sometimes influence naming. Some friends of mine named their son William soon after the movie Braveheart came out and I was essentially named after a movie/movie character as well. :P
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat May 14, 2011 6:32 am

Laura wrote:7 Noah, Abigail

And of course the popularity of the name Abigail is purely just because of King Diamond. :lol:

Just kidding, interesting stuff though.

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat May 14, 2011 7:02 am

Laura wrote:Oh, I forgot that you grew up in Italy! :cheers: :cool: And I wouldn't say it's totally uncommon in the states...I just remember growing up I only knew of one or two others in school. I think I told you that one of our daughter's names is Genevieve, and I've never knew of anyone personally with that name - I liked it because the first four letters are my middle name, plus it's French and sounds pretty. :D

Genevieve is a really pretty name :) A friend of mine has a daugther called Ginevra which is the italian translation of the name. And it's the same as Guinevere/Guenevere, Kong Arthur's wife :)

Ravenlord wrote:
    Laura wrote:7 Noah, Abigail

And of course the popularity of the name Abigail is purely just because of King Diamond. :lol:

Nice one :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sat May 14, 2011 7:39 am

ou're from Iceland? :cool: Didn't know there were any people from Iceland on the boat this year. It's definitely a place I'd like to go someday! I only know two friends who have been there - my cabinmate from this year (who sadly isn't going again in 2012 but she did just back from the Roadburn Fest which sounds really cool), and my friend Karl who writes the blog http://www.norsemyth.org/ (I know I've mentioned him before because he did a very long interview with Johan Hegg about a year ago.) Aaanyway, we had lunch together recently at a Scandinavian Studies conference and he told me LOTS about his three week trip to Iceland a year ago, in particular about the people he met from Ásatrúarfélagið. He interviewed the "deputy high priestess" Jóhanna G. Harðardóttir - interesting! http://www.norsemyth.org/2011/01/interv ... ir-of.html

sort of back to topic (names at least): funny Jon becomes Bubbi :P[/quote]

I know,we were not represented on the the "official" countries count,but that must be because, the wife and I live in Denmark, and have been doing so for the last 10 years.

I must check out your friends blog!

Even though I consider myself an Atheist,I still love the stories of the old gods and the old land,and if in the aftermath I should go some where it would definitely have to be Valhalla!

P.s. I very much appreciate that you have written with Icelandic letters :viking:

About the names....Yes it´s quit funny,sometimes the "nickname-" isn´t even close to the the real name........I have a close friend whos name is Arnfreyr( a very strong name) But he is called Addi.....I told him many years ago..I will never call you Addi,but even his wife calls him that :shock:

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat May 14, 2011 7:48 am

Where in Denmark do you live, Oli?

Beer and bananas!
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am

MadameLePink wrote:Where in Denmark do you live, Oli?

Roskilde!

Were else ;)

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat May 14, 2011 8:10 am

I've lived in Denmark for almost 17 years and I think I've been in Roskilde max 3 times :shock:

Are you going to the Amon Amarth concert on Tuesday?

Beer and bananas!
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 am

MadameLePink wrote:I've lived in Denmark for almost 17 years and I think I've been in Roskilde max 3 times :shock:

Are you going to the Amon Amarth concert on Tuesday?

Really?

I am going to the Roskilde festival for the 16th time this years.Maiden ,Autopsy,Dååth,Mastodon,Bad religion,Rob Zombie,1349,Bring me the horizon,Eyehategod,Ghost,Graveyeard and maaany more on this years bill

Ohhh yes I am am going to see Amon Amarth in Vega on tuesday :viking:

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 am

I've been to Roskilde festival only once (and all my things were stolen) and I am not a fan, too big, too few interesting bands (not a single one that I like this year for example) and definitely too expensive. I prefer going to smaller metal festivals :)

If you see someone with very bright pink hair on Tuesday, it should be me. Come and say hello if you spot me :)

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 am

Laura wrote:I'm going to assume that the #1 popularity of the names Jacob and Isabella (Bella) are due to the EXTREME popularity of the Twilight books and movies here - which proves it's not just pre-teen and teen girls who like them. ;)

It's a well known fact that "Twilight Moms" are a threat to national security :?

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 am

@ MadameLePink (Laura!) - :cheers: thanks for bringing up the name Guinevere - love it and the fact she was King Arthur's wife. :D

@ Oli - yes, I think you'd like Karl's norsemyth blog. He's a really brilliant and interesting guy imo. Btw, I'm pretty much an agnostic, but I do enjoy reading and learning about norse mythology and other related pagan/heathen subjects; things I never knew much about until recently. When I was growing up in school, when it came to myths, the focus was always Greco-Roman. Which brings me back to the name subject. One of my favorite names is Athena as in the Greek goddess and I did actually use that as a screen name on a Wacken forum. I know someone who has that as a real name and I always thought - wow, what would that be like to be named after a goddess or a god? (I have a distant American relative named Thor!) So many popular US names are biblical, but of course many non-Chistians & non-Jews use them. Ha, and then I have a co-worker names Jesus. (but pronounced hay-soos) so I never really think of the Christian connection when I say it. :P
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 14, 2011 9:38 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Laura wrote:I'm going to assume that the #1 popularity of the names Jacob and Isabella (Bella) are due to the EXTREME popularity of the Twilight books and movies here - which proves it's not just pre-teen and teen girls who like them. ;)

It's a well known fact that "Twilight Moms" are a threat to national security :?

THAT is hilarious! And actually the caption is probably accurate!!! :shock:

Ok - confession time :lol: :lol: ....I'm a fan of the Twilight movies (never read the books though) - total guilty pleasure.

Also...I know for a fact that my 30-something hair dresser named her daughter Isabella (Bella) after Bella Swan. :lol: :P
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat May 14, 2011 9:46 am

Laura wrote:Also...I know for a fact that my 30-something hair dresser named her daughter Isabella (Bella) after Bella Swan. :lol: :P

:shock: Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I don't really have a leg to stand on with my name, being named after an obscure pop culture icon of the times too but DAMN. (I was named after Marlo Thomas, my mom loved the name and used to watch "That Girl" - show from the 70s. It was actually kind of weird, when I was a kid my hair would naturally flip at the ends like Marlo Thomas used to style it in the tv show :shock: :? :lol: )
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
Locked 98 posts