Locked 255 posts
The Day in Cozumel
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

Re: The Day in Cozumel

by metalgoddess » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 am

ymkje-p wrote:Hé guys & girls,

I've been at Cozumel a few years ago, and I can tell ya; it's amazing !

The scuba diving is only for wanckers 'cause you can only dive 1 mtr deep, so why dive ??!!

For the old and ancient Ninja culture it is the best place to be, and of course the beach with his marvelous bars and restaurants.
    I should'not stay at the boat this day.
    Oooooooooh I'am realy excited about the trip, I have been through some bad periodes so let this be a new start !

See ya ...

Really? Wow! Maybe I should save my money for alcohol instead!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:12 am

snorkeling is cheap and you can still see everything!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:03 am

ymkje-p wrote:Hé guys & girls,

I've been at Cozumel a few years ago, and I can tell ya; it's amazing !

The scuba diving is only for wanckers 'cause you can only dive 1 mtr deep, so why dive ??!!

For the old and ancient Ninja culture it is the best place to be, and of course the beach with his marvelous bars and restaurants.
    I should'not stay at the boat this day.
    Oooooooooh I'am realy excited about the trip, I have been through some bad periodes so let this be a new start !

See ya ...

Hey there....thanks for the info....I will be snorkeling if all goes well.....
    sorry hear you have fallen on bad times.....this cruise will def "lift" your spirits!!
    :cheers: :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:40 am

ATV jungle adventure fuck yeh
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:33 am

Wow...

Having completed my online check-in and survived the shock induced by checking out prices for bottled water, I moved on to the section for booking activities for the day in Cozumel. 67 different things to choose from! Seven pages of stuff. Some of it definitely not for me but LOTS that I'd love to do. The ATV thing that was discussed here a few times is super cheap but it also seems there's about 10 more just like it but using dune buggies and all kinds of other stuff/different destinations and activities to do at the other end of the ride/drive. I'm not sure how quick these things fill up and if I should pick one and book before going or wait and see who I'm hanging out with that day and what we wanna decide to do on the spot.

Gotta love it when life throws such awesome problems one's way :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Wow...

Having completed my online check-in and survived the shock induced by checking out prices for bottled water, I moved on to the section for booking activities for the day in Cozumel. 67 different things to choose from! Seven pages of stuff. Some of it definitely not for me but LOTS that I'd love to do. The ATV thing that was discussed here a few times is super cheap but it also seems there's about 10 more just like it but using dune buggies and all kinds of other stuff/different destinations and activities to do at the other end of the ride/drive. I'm not sure how quick these things fill up and if I should pick one and book before going or wait and see who I'm hanging out with that day and what we wanna decide to do on the spot.

I am predicting I will be nursing one of my typical wicked hangover+minor seasickness (aI am cursed with both) So it will likely be, at worst laying around smiling and moaning on the beach or at best, snorkeling.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman

by MrsAceMasterHan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 am

We've debated over said "problems" since getting the e-tickets and have decided on the Xrails to Jade Caverns tour. So freakin excited now :headbanger:
    Deck 7
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:50 am

i'm going to wait. i hear it's cheaper that way plus i have no clue what i'm going to feel up to that day!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 pm

We will make a short walk to the Hard Rock Cafe and the local Fat Tuesday Store. The rest of the day will be filled up with sleeping or something like that. it's the only time you have time.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 pm

My mom is coming on the cruise, I happened to mention I was considering parasailing and she wrote me this email...interesting stuff.

"I was alone in Cancun, which meant I watched a lot and talked very little. Relaxing on the beach. Saw at least 1 body every day (dead) hauled out of the water. there is a rapid drop-off in Cancun and a wicked rip. I assume people did not respect the ocean, and also consumed ++ alcohol. I, on the other hand, watched the shore, how the waves broke, and entered the water in a safe zone.

Re the parasail death I witnessed, the boat operator went out, had the rope taut, which was fine. But then he veered towards shore, creating lots of slack. The slack rope actually went behind a building. This, of course, whipped the parasailer SMACK into the building, killing him instantly. But of course, he has the experience of knowing he was going to hit the hotel. Sickening to see.

In one week, I believe I saw 10 dead tourist bodies."

Something to consider, anyways.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:15 pm

alex_canada wrote:My mom is coming on the cruise, I happened to mention I was considering parasailing and she wrote me this email...interesting stuff.

"I was alone in Cancun, which meant I watched a lot and talked very little. Relaxing on the beach. Saw at least 1 body every day (dead) hauled out of the water. there is a rapid drop-off in Cancun and a wicked rip. I assume people did not respect the ocean, and also consumed ++ alcohol. I, on the other hand, watched the shore, how the waves broke, and entered the water in a safe zone.

Re the parasail death I witnessed, the boat operator went out, had the rope taut, which was fine. But then he veered towards shore, creating lots of slack. The slack rope actually went behind a building. This, of course, whipped the parasailer SMACK into the building, killing him instantly. But of course, he has the experience of knowing he was going to hit the hotel. Sickening to see.

In one week, I believe I saw 10 dead tourist bodies."

Something to consider, anyways.

^^Buzz-kill post of the week!^^ Yipes! :shock:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Someone needed to step up to fill that role now that we know Cradle of Filth isn't on board.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Good thing para sailing isn't on my list of things to do...ever. :?

I still have yet to do my check in, so does someone want to post the listed drink package prices that were so shocking? I feel it's better to steel myself for what's to come, so lemme have it!
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Good thing para sailing isn't on my list of things to do...ever. :?

I still have yet to do my check in, so does someone want to post the listed drink package prices that were so shocking? I feel it's better to steel myself for what's to come, so lemme have it!

yeah, wondering the same myself (drink packages) They are actually fairly reasonable on Carnival...

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:34 pm

The juice package and pop/soda package weren't too bad. It was the water that blew my mind. Others have posted elsewhere but I'll got back n' get the exact numbers now...

All packages must be pre-ordered minimum of 4 days before sailing so I'm not sure how that affects those using cash for their onbroad spending.

It also says that a 15% gratuity will be ADDED to the cost of each package...

Carbonated soda/pop

The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of *6.00 USD for Adults and *4.00 USD for Children*. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.)

Package Price for your {4} night cruise:
    Adult: *24.00 USD
    Child: *16.00 USD

Fruit juices

QTY Package Price
    6 bottles *20.15 USD
    8 bottles *25.25 USD
    12 bottles *35.55 USD

Bottled water

QTY Package Price
    8 bottles *28.45 USD
    12 bottles *40.30 USD
    16 bottles *50.55 USD
    24 bottles *71.10 USD

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:18 pm

I see what you mean about the water. More expensive then Soda OR Juice? And speaking of juices, what about this:

"What is included with my fare?

All shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, port charges, service charges, government taxes, meals, non alcoholic and non carbonated beverages, 24 hour room service and onboard entertainment."

Shouldn't JUICE qualify as a NON carbonated beverage? So what the hell can we actually drink for free? Runoff from the bilge pumps?

I think this requires some kind of definitive answer :evil:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Also, I notice you didn't even post the prices for the ALCOHOLIC drinks, as I'm sure that's even scarier...or maybe not :lol:
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:22 pm

juice is included that is for bottled juice to be put in your room. Where does it say anything about anything being purchased 4 day before the cruise.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 pm

sar01061969 wrote:Where does it say anything about anything being purchased 4 day before the cruise.

The page where you order the juice, soda or water packages. Read the fine print above each order form.

BUT, I just called them and they said this is only if you are ordering and paying by credit card in advance. If you like, you can purchase these packages in person on any given day. They just won't be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I see what you mean about the water. More expensive then Soda OR Juice? And speaking of juices, what about this:

All shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, port charges, service charges, government taxes, meals, non alcoholic and non carbonated beverages, 24 hour room service and onboard entertainment."

Shouldn't JUICE qualify as a NON carbonated beverage? So what the hell can we actually drink for free? Runoff from the bilge pumps?

I'd like to know this as well. From the 70K site:

All prices are PER PERSON, in US-Dollars, for the whole trip and include the following:

- Meals in the dining rooms, deli, bars, and 24h room service
    - Non-carbonated, non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee)
    - Use of the ship's amenities like pools, fitness center, etc.
    - Access to all concerts, shows, and performances

So where do we get our free juices?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

anywhere - you just don't get bottled juice - same with the water
    (but it's a little bit confusing, I'm not 100% sure anymore if you get carbonated mineralwater with the soda pass)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 pm

last_candle wrote:anywhere - you just don't get bottled juice - same with the water
    (but it's a little bit confusing, I'm not 100% sure anymore if you get carbonated mineralwater with the soda pass)

Thanks. Looks like I'll keep a cup and just refill constantly with free drinks.

Edit: Probably don't need to keep a cup. I assume there will be fresh cups for each refill. :roll:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    last_candle wrote:anywhere - you just don't get bottled juice - same with the water

Edit: Probably don't need to keep a cup. I assume there will be fresh cups for each refill. :roll:

the juice and bottled water package most likely wouldn't exist if you couldn't order those bottles in advance and make them put it in your cabin
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Good plan, one of those insulated sport bottles works nicely. At least on Carnival there are juice (2-3 varieties) and water dispensers at the buffet-type water dispensers. However, they will not refill you at the bars.

Last cruise I smuggles tequila and vodka and kept my sport bottle topped off with refreshingly numbing concoctions for the entire cruise.

The ship's water is filtered by reverse osmosis so probably cleaner than your tap-water. But if you are frightened of it you could always bring along some iodine tablets or one of those nifty filters you use for camping/backpacking. :D

The juice is mixed with the same water and so is the coffee, so if you are willing to drink them the water shouldn't worry you either.

Those hints weren't directed at you in particular Moog, just my opinion for everyone to heed or ignore.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Good plan, one of those insulated sport bottles works nicely. At least on Carnival there are juice (2-3 varieties) and water dispensers at the buffet-type water dispensers. However, they will not refill you at the bars.

Last cruise I smuggles tequila and vodka and kept my sport bottle topped off with refreshingly numbing concoctions for the entire cruise.

The ship's water is filtered by reverse osmosis so probably cleaner than your tap-water. But if you are frightened of it you could always bring along some iodine tablets or one of those nifty filters you use for camping/backpacking. :D

The juice is mixed with the same water and so is the coffee, so if you are willing to drink them the water shouldn't worry you either.

Those hints weren't directed at you in particular Moog, just my opinion for everyone to heed or ignore.

reverse osmosis sounds fine
    but Craig, do you also know if you get mineralwater (with or without gas) with a soda pass?
    wishlist '20:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Good plan, one of those insulated sport bottles works nicely. At least on Carnival there are juice (2-3 varieties) and water dispensers at the buffet-type water dispensers. However, they will not refill you at the bars.

Cool. I always drink tap water at home, and it's kinda gross in my area so I'm sure it'll be fine on broad. I was also thinking of just filling up a cup straight from the sink in the stateroom. The quality of the water doesn't really matter when you are trying to ease off a hangover, just that it be water.
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm

We can do Scuba diving without a paper, you just get a 30min formation before, not a big deal.

And as a travel agent, I suggest you all to pick some activities on the island, and NOT purchase them on the boat --> They take over 60% of commission. Just so you know... :beerwink:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm

metalia wrote:And as a travel agent, I suggest you all to pick some activities on the island, and NOT purchase them on the boat --> They take over 60% of commission. Just so you know... :beerwink:

Thanks! Now that's some quality inside info there! :cheers:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Charging for juice on the ship? WTH????????????? The Carnival cruise that I was on, coffee, tea and juice were included and you had to buy booze and soda separate.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Charging for juice on the ship? WTH????????????? The Carnival cruise that I was on, coffee, tea and juice were included and you had to buy booze and soda separate.

Looks like there are juice stations or something of that ilk. The package is only for bottled juices. What I've gotten from this thread is that it's completely possible to avoid buying any of the packages and still stay well hydrated.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Charging for juice on the ship? WTH????????????? The Carnival cruise that I was on, coffee, tea and juice were included and you had to buy booze and soda separate.

Looks like there are juice stations or something of that ilk. The package is only for bottled juices. What I've gotten from this thread is that it's completely possible to avoid buying any of the packages and still stay well hydrated.

Fact

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 pm

My girlfriend tends to drink a lot of water, so this won't be cheap.....dammit, where's the crying emoticon?
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 pm

So humm what, when we'll getting out of a show, you'll have 1000 people looking for a restaurant and take a jug of water.

This is ridiculous...70$ for 24 bottles... :evil:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 pm

My wallet couldn't agree with you more about that one.
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I'll be doing the ATV adventure, most likely through the cruise. Even though it may be more $$ it still beats having to deal with the locals, which can be annoying and it does save time. Last time i went to Mexico the water was uncomfortably chilly, however, if it is warm I'll definitely hit the water.
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:I see what you mean about the water. More expensive then Soda OR Juice? And speaking of juices, what about this:

I'd like to know this as well. From the 70K site:

All prices are PER PERSON, in US-Dollars, for the whole trip and include the following:

- Meals in the dining rooms, deli, bars, and 24h room service
    - Non-carbonated, non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee)
    - Use of the ship's amenities like pools, fitness center, etc.
    - Access to all concerts, shows, and performances

So where do we get our free juices?

You probably get your free juices with all of you meals in a glass. I think the 'bottled' juices to leave in your room and walk around with you have to pay for.... that's how I see it. But when you eat, you can have whatever 'non-alcoholic, non-carbonated' beverages you want without having to pay... as it goes with the food. you ask your waiter for OJ with your breakfast in the dining room or what not.. it will be free.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Captain Metal wrote:My girlfriend tends to drink a lot of water, so this won't be cheap.....dammit, where's the crying emoticon?

This?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm sure that's the same here unless you want actual extra bottled juices and all.... for chillin' around with or in your room, etc.

Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:04 am

We can all drink milk.
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 am

I guess I overlooked that one :cry:

I suppose I needed one that looked more upset :lol:
  • Locked 255 posts