Lieutenant-Commander

Re: The Day in Cozumel

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 am

Captain Metal wrote:I guess I overlooked that one :cry:
    I suppose I needed one that looked more upset :lol:

you mean like :evil:
    ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 am

is there any water other than bottled water to drink, or do we pretty much have to have that package if we want water? i am not dehydrating myself on this ship, but i think carnival even gave you a bottle every morning or something...
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:42 am

rhiawiz wrote:is there any water other than bottled water to drink, or do we pretty much have to have that package if we want water? i am not dehydrating myself on this ship, but i think carnival even gave you a bottle every morning or something...

...and I'm trying to find out what kind of water you may get with the soda pass

as Craig stated in another thread, for everyone there's at least non-carbonated water for free (processed with reverse osmosis)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:56 am

last_candle wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:is there any water other than bottled water to drink, or do we pretty much have to have that package if we want water? i am not dehydrating myself on this ship, but i think carnival even gave you a bottle every morning or something...

...and I'm trying to find out what kind of water you may get with the soda pass

as Craig stated in another thread, for everyone there's at least non-carbonated water for free (processed with reverse osmosis)

oh ok, good. i think i can live with the free water.

good morning by the way! i'm up late tonight it's almost 2am for me....but i took a long nap yesterday evening from like 8pm-11pm now i'm all messed up.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 am

it's 10AM, thought I could sleep in until at least now...but woke up some time ago (though I do not really feel awake)
    I would prefer mineral-water, but couldn't find out yet if mineral-water only comes in bottles
    well then, I hope you'll find some sleep soon! (not to get rid of you...but to allow you to enjoy Sunday)
    wishlist '20:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

last_candle wrote:it's 10AM, thought I could sleep in until at least now...but woke up some time ago (though I do not really feel awake)
    I would prefer mineral-water, but couldn't find out yet if mineral-water only comes in bottles
    well then, I hope you'll find some sleep soon! (not to get rid of you...but to allow you to enjoy Sunday)

Very few people in the US drink mineral water (gas or no gas). I would imagine that you could only get it in bottle format.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:43 am

mooyagi wrote:
    last_candle wrote:it's 10AM, thought I could sleep in until at least now...but woke up some time ago (though I do not really feel awake)

Very few people in the US drink mineral water (gas or no gas). I would imagine that you could only get it in bottle format.

thx, seems like I have to stick to the (reverse osmosis) water - and a few bottles of mineral water in the cabin

I read somewhere, that you wait for ages with a soda pass, because the crew prefers to serve those who actually buy something (because of the 15% tip) :?
    wishlist '20:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 am

last_candle wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

thx, seems like I have to stick to the (reverse osmosis) water - and a few bottles of mineral water in the cabin

I read somewhere, that you wait for ages with a soda pass, because the crew prefers to serve those who actually buy something (because of the 15% tip) :?

Doesn't surprise me. I'm not wasting my money on any of the packages, since it seems like I'll be well able to stay hydrated without them. I don't drink much soda anyway so that's not a huge loss.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:01 am

mooyagi wrote:
    last_candle wrote:I read somewhere, that you wait for ages with a soda pass, because the crew prefers to serve those who actually buy something (because of the 15% tip) :?

Doesn't surprise me. I'm not wasting my money on any of the packages, since it seems like I'll be well able to stay hydrated without them. I don't drink much soda anyway so that's not a huge loss.

and they also wrote the cups you get would be rather small - two sips and the wait begins again
    I usually drink a lot of mineralwater (>2liter/day)...but I work for a mineralwater-spring...and we of course have the best water :cool:
    wishlist '20:
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 am

We are taking our sports water bottles to fill it doesnt say anywhere you cant bring them and its free coffee, juice, etc... i believe its like at a juice bar or the bufets you get the drinks
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 pm

last_candle wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    last_candle wrote:I read somewhere, that you wait for ages with a soda pass, because the crew prefers to serve those who actually buy something (because of the 15% tip) :?

and they also wrote the cups you get would be rather small - two sips and the wait begins again
    I usually drink a lot of mineralwater (>2liter/day)...but I work for a mineralwater-spring...and we of course have the best water :cool:

NICE! cool job...a great perk of delicious healthy water!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 pm

sar01061969 wrote:We are taking our sports water bottles to fill it doesnt say anywhere you cant bring them and its free coffee, juice, etc... i believe its like at a juice bar or the bufets you get the drinks

definitely buying big bottled waters before boarding, so we can refill the bottles while on the ship and we don't have to worry about bringing them back on the airplanes.
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    sar01061969 wrote:We are taking our sports water bottles to fill it doesnt say anywhere you cant bring them and its free coffee, juice, etc... i believe its like at a juice bar or the bufets you get the drinks

definitely buying big bottled waters before boarding, so we can refill the bottles while on the ship and we don't have to worry about bringing them back on the airplanes.

I hope you are talking about these bottle of water pack thing, because you cant bring any water on the boat. Its the same idea than planes, you cant bring liquid pass throught the gates
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 am

Just in case others had not noticed, on our itinerary it states that:

Arrive Cozumel: 8:00 AM
    Depart Cozumel: 7:00 PM

So yeah - just thought I'd post that in case you were wondering how long *exactly* we are in Cozumel for :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:Just in case others had not noticed, on our itinerary it states that:

Arrive Cozumel: 8:00 AM
    Depart Cozumel: 7:00 PM

So yeah - just thought I'd post that in case you were wondering how long *exactly* we are in Cozumel for :)

Thank you cowboy !
    Always good to know that someone keeps an eye on the time.
Locked 255 posts