Locked 194 posts
70ktons 2012 pre-party in Miami?
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

Re: 70ktons 2012 pre-party in Miami?

by Steve110 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Just want to say thanks to Captain Metal for organizing this thing. Glad to see someone step up and do more than just talk! You better believe I will be at the pre-party. :heavydrink: :party: :beerhorns:
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Wow, I thought the pre-party would just be a gathering at a random pub or something getting drunk, but this sounds like it's going to be fantastic! :cheers:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Fatum11 wrote:Wow, I thought the pre-party would just be a gathering at a random pub or something getting drunk, but this sounds like it's going to be fantastic! :cheers:

It was an awesome event. There were tons of people there for it. Lots of bands, lots of beer and lots of fun times. It's when all us crazy forum folk actually got to meet each other in person for the first time. Surprisingly, everyone was exactly as I expected them to be :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Awesome! I'll definitely come next year's one, I can't wait. :D
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I totally missed out on this years as I started drinking at noon, and by midnight I was piss drunk I had to catch a cab back to my hotel.
    Definitely going to hold out on the heavy drinking till the party, not missing it again! :headbanger:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:50 am

tring to be a little more organized this coming year. planing on staying a little closer to the port and preparty so i can save on cab fair. :party:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 am

The pre-party was almost my favorite night of the whole trip (a huge thanks again to Donn for organizing it!) because I finally got to meet so many of the people I had been chatting with on the forum for so long - FUN!! Lot of hugs and pictures....here's a few....

Donn (Captain Metal) looking very serious :P standing between me and (Australia) Rachael - Evican.

random group shot (one of many!)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 am

I'm looking forward to this. How close is this joint to say, Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami?
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks for the update Donn we will be there this time!!!! I am going to fly into Miami on Friday or Saturday.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Passionfruit wrote:i want a drinking horn! :evil:

I ahve 2 horns.One to drink beer from and one that women can drink from :twisted:

hmmmm..... *looks on top of the closet*
    nope, both still there phew :-) :lol:
    haven't got such a big drinking horn: only 0.75L
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Laura wrote:Donn (Captain Metal) looking very serious :P standing between me and (Australia) Rachael - Evican.

I'm shitting bricks here. Captain metal looks a LOT like a metal guy I know here in Finland. Damn!!! In a good way.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm

TheBigJankowski wrote:I'm looking forward to this. How close is this joint to say, Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami?

According to Google Maps it's 1.3 miles away. 1.1 by foot.
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    TheBigJankowski wrote:I'm looking forward to this. How close is this joint to say, Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami?

According to Google Maps it's 1.3 miles away. 1.1 by foot.

Hmmm... might walk there and cab it back. Gotta book the hotel first...
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
  • bikerin666
    Oiler

by bikerin666 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:28 am

Hiya!
    Now got the link "travellers lounge", hoping to find it the pre-party :cheers:

AND we booked hotel now. Want to know, if someone else is in the airport hotel north and/or knows about it.
    Is it ok or not? Dirty, loud...sth. we have to know.....
    Hope to meet some people before the cruise starts for a good pre-party!! :givebeer:
    greetz
    silvia
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 am

Fatum11 wrote:Wow, I thought the pre-party would just be a gathering at a random pub or something getting drunk, but this sounds like it's going to be fantastic! :cheers:

This is what I thought - looks like I have some reading to do! :cheers:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • bikerin666
    Oiler

by bikerin666 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 am

gnoff wrote:There has been hotel talks here and there, a few of the threads

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1082
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1804
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=709

thx for that, couldn't find sth. :headbanger:
  • bikerin666
    Oiler

by bikerin666 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 am

gnoff wrote:More hotel stuff
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1505&p=58799

:cry: we booked the days inn at the airport and read in that thread it is the biggest shithole to get.........
    but, to sleep a little and going out to meet others it'll do :party: i hope!!!!!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 pm

bikerin666 wrote:

:cry: we booked the days inn at the airport and read in that thread it is the biggest shithole to get.........
    but, to sleep a little and going out to meet others it'll do :party: i hope!!!!!!

That will be a ways away from all the fun... Most people are in South Beach or Holiday Inn In the Port.

Hope it's not a total sh#$hole!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 am

we're gonna be in downtown miami again for sure :-)

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:39 am

we will be stayin in our gangster motel again!!! fridge in room and supermarket at walkin distance... woot:D
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 am

Now one thing I wouldn't mind looking into. Finding hotels by the Transit lounge and perhaps working out a group discount with them? Get to hang out with everyone, perhaps save some money - completely take over a hotel. I'm sure they could get some group rates going. Depending how good the corporate discounts are I could even create and incorporate a shell corporation in order to obtain a discount for a large group of us.

What say you guys, worth pursuing? Probably save money on cabs and would be fun taking over a hotel together :viking:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:25 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Now one thing I wouldn't mind looking into. Finding hotels by the Transit lounge and perhaps working out a group discount with them? Get to hang out with everyone, perhaps save some money - completely take over a hotel. I'm sure they could get some group rates going. Depending how good the corporate discounts are I could even create and incorporate a shell corporation in order to obtain a discount for a large group of us.

What say you guys, worth pursuing? Probably save money on cabs and would be fun taking over a hotel together :viking:

Works for me, I'm in. Wouldn't hurt to see if Andrew could chime in and see if they are planning on doing anything like this. :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    puck
    Wiper

by puck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:33 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Now one thing I wouldn't mind looking into. Finding hotels by the Transit lounge and perhaps working out a group discount with them? Get to hang out with everyone, perhaps save some money - completely take over a hotel. I'm sure they could get some group rates going. Depending how good the corporate discounts are I could even create and incorporate a shell corporation in order to obtain a discount for a large group of us.

I'd be interested if you could get something together
    2011: 4008
    2012: 2022
    2013-2017: missed the boat
    2018: booked
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Sounds good! Hotels are the last on my shopping list but keep us up to date on this. Sounds like a good plan if you get enough people interested.

More beer money = more awesome!

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:50 pm

This is a great idea! I would be interested, I haven't booked my Miami accommodation yet
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Fatum11 wrote:

This is a great idea! I would be interested, I haven't booked my Miami accommodation yet

I tried the same thing with the the Holiday Inn-Port last year--played the whole "tourist and your country is broke-ass broke and we spend money " angle.. didn't work! LOL
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Would be a cool idea. Given Miami's already a huge tourist spot and it's high cruise season I doubt we'd be able to pull something off but it's worth a shot. Wasn't the neighborhood around the Transit Lounge (and all of downtown Miami for that matter) kinda shitty? It was dark and I was drunk and I'm having trouble remembering. :trashdrink:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:19 pm

:lol: Okay well I'll get into research on that front and perhaps contact some of the hotels to check on rates that they could offer and something that could work well and be accommodating location wise. Will keep you all posted on what I find out and see if I can wrangle some options.
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I havent booke either, so I may be in on this... Also depending on where the hotel is.. I've been to Miami before and some parts scared the crap out of me!
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:I havent booke either, so I may be in on this... Also depending on where the hotel is.. I've been to Miami before and some parts scared the crap out of me!

Miami is the ANUS of Florida. Fitting how it's at the bottom :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:34 pm

KevinP wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:I havent booke either, so I may be in on this... Also depending on where the hotel is.. I've been to Miami before and some parts scared the crap out of me!

Miami is the ANUS of Florida. Fitting how it's at the bottom :mrgreen:

omg! haha!! I stayed there for about 5 weeks and pretty much had a nightmare trip! I was only 19 and went by myself and I was in a hurricane, had a guy pull a knife on me, had a crazy lady steal my passport.... I actually never thought I'd go back haha!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:35 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:omg! haha!! I stayed there for about 5 weeks and pretty much had a nightmare trip! I was only 19 and went by myself and I was in a hurricane, had a guy pull a knife on me, had a crazy lady steal my passport.... I actually never thought I'd go back haha!

Geesh, I would never go anywhere near the continent that happened to me in. :shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

My fried is a police officer and stationed down there years ago. It's not all the glitz and glamour like you see on TV, it's basically a warzone in many ways. When he had to go to the specific jail/hospital there, he would put on a biohazard suit, it was that bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:39 pm

It took 40 bands to get me back! :)

Haha.. I have a funny memory of being locked in a Burger King during the hurricane. Those coloured balls in the children's playground were flying around the windows and they wouldn't let anyone out cos the water was knee-deep. And on the radio they played "Down Under" and I was bawling my eyes out and singing out loud like a crazy person... Id been up for a long time haha.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Yeah Miami was pretty shitty. I felt much safer walking around parts of South Beach as all of downtown looked pretty bad. I know that some of the cities surrounding Miami are some of the worst in the country.

I'd never go to Florida if it wasn't for this cruise and for Disneyworld when I was a kid. America's Wang indeed.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

vikingbitch wrote::lol: Okay well I'll get into research on that front and perhaps contact some of the hotels to check on rates that they could offer and something that could work well and be accommodating location wise. Will keep you all posted on what I find out and see if I can wrangle some options.

Cool! Thanks for doing all the leg work. I'm gonna sit back and drink some beer and wait for some updates ;) This is probably indicative of what our life in Calgary would be like should I get up there :headbanger:
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:20 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:omg! haha!! I stayed there for about 5 weeks and pretty much had a nightmare trip! I was only 19 and went by myself and I was in a hurricane, had a guy pull a knife on me, had a crazy lady steal my passport.... I actually never thought I'd go back haha!

Omg, how traumatising!

I think I might start going back to body combat and work on my punches and kicks, Miami is starting to sound like a pretty scary place.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote::lol: Okay well I'll get into research on that front and perhaps contact some of the hotels to check on rates that they could offer and something that could work well and be accommodating location wise. Will keep you all posted on what I find out and see if I can wrangle some options.

Cool! Thanks for doing all the leg work. I'm gonna sit back and drink some beer and wait for some updates ;) This is probably indicative of what our life in Calgary would be like should I get up there :headbanger:

And why its taking you so long to get up here :roll: :P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

And why its taking you so long to get up here :roll: :P

I hate job searching :evil:
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:52 am

well i hear ya guys about scary miami stuff... i have to say... my girlfriend and me where there in 2009 our hotel was located squarely downtown... the shopkeepers didnt speak englisht gangbangers on every corner drunks on the metro mover.... and still i dare say... it will always be as bad as you make it... we enoyed ourselves in miami like no place before... people where nice no robberies and sure as hell no hurricanes...

of course walking back to the hotel could be a bit strange (being escorted by a police car) but overall not the worst place i have been... (back alleys of istanbul and back alleys in ankara being more scary:P) but yeah if ya scare easily then yeah its a scary shitty...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 am

i'm game to!

Locked 194 posts