Locked 84 posts
Give us more hard stuff!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KevinP » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 am

    gnoff wrote:Can also bring in Malevolent Creation


    Another band on the last cruise. You do realize this, right ??? :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 am

    KevinP wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Can also bring in Malevolent Creation


    Another band on the last cruise. You do realize this, right ??? :lol:


    Give him a break, he's had A LOT of ice cream this week :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8279
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 pm

    gnoff wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Can also bring in Malevolent Creation


    Another band on the last cruise. You do realize this, right ??? :lol:



    really?

    damn...

    well, I am feeling close to dying over here, since my sickness turned very much worse the past two days, perhaps I fried my brain?


    get better man! it's probably mono, that's what you get for walkin' hand in hand with 16 year olds ;)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 648
    Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Fatum11 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 pm

    gnoff wrote:On a more serious note, since we can't stay home from work more than 1 week without a note from a doctor, today I will try and get an appointment with the demons at my local hell hole.
    I hate them, but will try and sounds meek and worshipping to get the note and their damn drugs.


    Whoa! A week? We have to get a doctors note if we have more than 2 days off in a row or if we take a monday or friday off (or Tuesday if it's a long weekend)... totally sucks!

    I hope you get well soon though, being sick sucks and sounds like what ever you have is quite nasty!
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    pablov8
    Midshipman
    Posts: 854
    Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by pablov8 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

    Ktulured55 wrote:Morbid Angel's new album is good stuff and some what a breath of fresh air for Death Metal. (unless you were talking about Heretic).

    If you like Heretic better than the new one, something is wrong with you. :roll:

    Anyways... Hail to the new Morbid Angel and hail to Tim Yeung!


    I meant Divinum Allalalum talalalaum (last last one, didn't bother to learn the name :lol: ). I don't like that one at all.
    In Destruktos vs the earth, Vincent calls Marge constantly, don't know why

    Marge! Image Marge! Image

    :P
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KevinP » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:31 pm

    gnoff wrote:On a more serious note


    Gimme a fucking break :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

    pablov8 wrote:I meant Divinum Allalalum talalalaum (last last one, didn't bother to learn the name :lol: ). I don't like that one at all.
    In Destruktos vs the earth, Vincent calls Marge constantly, don't know why


    You're not hardcore radical enough to understand that album :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Metalwrath » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    gnoff wrote:On a more serious note


    Gimme a fucking break :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

    pablov8 wrote:I meant Divinum Allalalum talalalaum (last last one, didn't bother to learn the name :lol: ). I don't like that one at all.
    In Destruktos vs the earth, Vincent calls Marge constantly, don't know why


    You're not hardcore radical enough to understand that album :lol: :lol: :lol:

    kill a cop.Kill a cop
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KevinP » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:44 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:kill a cop.Kill a cop


    Image
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by mooyagi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:36 pm

    Fatum11 wrote:
    gnoff wrote:On a more serious note, since we can't stay home from work more than 1 week without a note from a doctor, today I will try and get an appointment with the demons at my local hell hole.
    I hate them, but will try and sounds meek and worshipping to get the note and their damn drugs.


    Whoa! A week? We have to get a doctors note if we have more than 2 days off in a row or if we take a monday or friday off (or Tuesday if it's a long weekend)... totally sucks!

    I hope you get well soon though, being sick sucks and sounds like what ever you have is quite nasty!


    Really? That's awful! I just have to say "I'm not coming in today and I'll return when I get back" :P

    Get well soon Gnoff!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:37 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:
    gnoff wrote:On a more serious note, since we can't stay home from work more than 1 week without a note from a doctor, today I will try and get an appointment with the demons at my local hell hole.
    I hate them, but will try and sounds meek and worshipping to get the note and their damn drugs.


    Whoa! A week? We have to get a doctors note if we have more than 2 days off in a row or if we take a monday or friday off (or Tuesday if it's a long weekend)... totally sucks!

    I hope you get well soon though, being sick sucks and sounds like what ever you have is quite nasty!


    Really? That's awful! I just have to say "I'm not coming in today and I'll return when I get back" :P

    Get well soon Gnoff!

    +1! *hugs*
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Ktulured55 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

    Devils Advocate wrote:I really hope you are trolling about the new Morbid angel album.
    If not then you may want to invest in soem of these

    Image


    You've made a valid point there - The buds are a better investment than the new MA :oops:[/quote]


    Even Heretic is a better listen than most power metal stuff.... Ireland has some great drugs!
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 am
    Location: Ireland

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Devils Advocate » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 am

    Ktulured55 wrote:
    Even Heretic is a better listen than most power metal stuff.... Ireland has some great drugs!


    I thought Heretic was ok, I'm just glad I didn't purchase the new Morbid Angel featuring Rammstein and Rob Zombie :evil:
    As for the Death vs Power - I'm on a covert mission for Team Thrash
    Ireland has some great drunks :beerhorns:
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11141
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:15 pm

    Devils Advocate wrote:As for the Death vs Power - I'm on a covert mission for Team Thrash

    Count me in! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

    Point me towards some melodic thrash and I'll be all for it. I don't listen to much but I like the old Annihilator stuff and Overkill. Always looking for suggestions.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by angelyuyo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:31 am

    Screamo metalcore SUCKS a TON! :trashdrink:
    Black metal too!except for venom or celtic frost! :headbanger:
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
  • TARSUS
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by TARSUS » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

    gnoff wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    Coseuve wrote:Machine Head
    Morbid Angel


    yes.


    Coseuve wrote:As I lay Dying
    Parkway Drive
    Six feet under
    ...whatever...


    no.



    :cheers:
    BULL ROCKER ALCOHOLIC LEGIONS!!!
  • User avatar
    pablov8
    Midshipman
    Posts: 854
    Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by pablov8 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

    I want Atheist
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: (supporting my cabinmate Nicolas on the smilies)
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KevinP » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 pm

    pablov8 wrote:I want Atheist
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: (supporting my cabinmate Nicolas on the smilies)


    Double South American Cruise Virgins teaming up. :heavydrink:

    Me thinks Atheist is gonna be announced :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    pablov8
    Midshipman
    Posts: 854
    Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by pablov8 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    pablov8 wrote:I want Atheist
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: (supporting my cabinmate Nicolas on the smilies)


    Double South American Cruise Virgins teaming up. :heavydrink:

    Me thinks Atheist is gonna be announced :beerwink:


    :shock: Virgins?

    If you are right about Atheist, you win new MA album

    EDIT: I got the "Cruise Virgins" thing now, my mind works slow at this time of day
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • User avatar
    Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman
    Posts: 92
    Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Jöhn&Melönius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 pm

    angelyuyo wrote:Screamo metalcore SUCKS a TON! :trashdrink:
    Black metal too!except for venom or celtic frost! :headbanger:


    Neither Venom nor Celtic Frost are Black Metal. I like your wishlist though. For you I recommend 'Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom' and/or 'Steadfast' :headbanger:
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 pm

    pablov8 wrote:I want Atheist
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: (supporting my cabinmate Nicolas on the smilies)

    Smileys are the way to go :cool: Image
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by soundcurve » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm

    I wouldn't mind more balls out heavy shit. Be it old school hatebreed, biohazard, hardcore whatever. All metal has its place in the echelon o' metal. Yep, it got trendy to make whole songs outta break downs and plum muted groove but doesn't mean it is all shit (to me). I know if I was about to go into the ring with someone, that type of tune would probably be my choice more than the over thought out complex riff melodic-blackened-death-thrash-power tune of <fill in band>.

    Yes, some come off neanderthal but when working out (boxing) those tunes make me want to beat someone, as it should.:twisted: but still something that I feel should be included in the genre metal.

    I appreciate the primitive in metal/music. Be it the retarded simple riff that makes you wanna tear someones head off (a la bloodbath) or just insanely sick death metal vocals (or both!). All part of the goodness to me. Granted I don't listen to a lot of metalcore, seamocore or whateverthefuck people label it, but if I hear a song / riff that invokes those feelings of brutality I wouldn't repress them just to save trve metal cred face.
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by mooyagi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 pm

    Jöhn&Melönius wrote:
    angelyuyo wrote:Screamo metalcore SUCKS a TON! :trashdrink:
    Black metal too!except for venom or celtic frost! :headbanger:


    Neither Venom nor Celtic Frost are Black Metal. I like your wishlist though. For you I recommend 'Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom' and/or 'Steadfast' :headbanger:


    Forefather is awesome!

    Soundcurve, I see your argument and I gotta say keep that primitive hardcore/metalcore/screamo/etc. shit out of metal. We get a bad enough rap as metalheads as is :lol: No need adding that shit to the list
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by soundcurve » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Soundcurve, I see your argument and I gotta say keep that primitive hardcore/metalcore/screamo/etc. shit out of metal. We get a bad enough rap as metalheads as is :lol: No need adding that shit to the list


    Well it isn't my preferred cup o' tea for daily consumption BUT it is currently music marketed towards younger guys/gals who are probably the most angst ridden / testosterone folk. Ye mighty teenager. Though I guess it is inevitable that I turn into my parent about the younger generations music ( . . . scratch that, my folks have good taste - Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Alan Parsons, etc. :lol: ) but I still try not to totally turn a blind eye to the current. This reminds me of a recent south park episode "You're Getting Old" :lol:. Either way, I stand by what I said. Human nature at its "core" is not complicated and a animal (embrace the ape), it makes a good soundtrack to the fight part of fight or flight. When adrenaline is flowing full force all I want is that bottom end, gut groove. Also, I recall the start of the metalcore / screamo as being semi-new before it blew up and things got over blown. Ex:

    Album's like (Which I still spin today and won't link since I am a minority here):
    Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing (Still think this album is classic, Jesse Leach sings with a ton of heart) Fucking groove, melody, damn near 10/10 genre starter here.
    At the Drive In - Relationship of Command (Fuck yeah El Paso!)
    Hatebreed - Perseverance (Self help infomercial to a sound track "Do your homework, go to school, get 8 hours of sleep!")

    Or older:
    Pantera - Vulgar on
    Biohazard - Urban Discipline
    Biohazard - State of the World Address

    Some of the newer guys bring it to me like Despised icon, White Chapel, etc. have parts in their songs that invoke violence through groove. And to me that White Chapel vocalist is insane.
    Either way, good groove can always win me over if done right. Mwhahahahahah!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9tj-xH1qU
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8279
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 pm

    soundcurve wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Soundcurve, I see your argument and I gotta say keep that primitive hardcore/metalcore/screamo/etc. shit out of metal. We get a bad enough rap as metalheads as is :lol: No need adding that shit to the list


    Well it isn't my preferred cup o' tea for daily consumption BUT it is currently music marketed towards younger guys/gals who are probably the most angst ridden / testosterone folk. Ye mighty teenager. Though I guess it is inevitable that I turn into my parent about the younger generations music ( . . . scratch that, my folks have good taste - Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Alan Parsons, etc. :lol: ) but I still try not to totally turn a blind eye to the current. This reminds me of a recent south park episode "You're Getting Old" :lol:. Either way, I stand by what I said. Human nature at its "core" is not complicated and a animal (embrace the ape), it makes a good soundtrack to the fight part of fight or flight. When adrenaline is flowing full force all I want is that bottom end, gut groove. Also, I recall the start of the metalcore / screamo as being semi-new before it blew up and things got over blown. Ex:

    Album's like (Which I still spin today and won't link since I am a minority here):
    Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing (Still think this album is classic, Jesse Leach sings with a ton of heart) Fucking groove, melody, damn near 10/10 genre starter here.
    At the Drive In - Relationship of Command (Fuck yeah El Paso!)
    Hatebreed - Perseverance (Self help infomercial to a sound track "Do your homework, go to school, get 8 hours of sleep!")

    Or older:
    Pantera - Vulgar on
    Biohazard - Urban Discipline
    Biohazard - State of the World Address

    Some of the newer guys bring it to me like Despised icon, White Chapel, etc. have parts in their songs that invoke violence through groove. And to me that White Chapel vocalist is insane.
    Either way, good groove can always win me over if done right. Mwhahahahahah!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9tj-xH1qU


    KsE wasn't even CLOSE to being a genre starter as you put it...

    you can go way older. Hell, even 1 generation before KsE weren't bands that started the genre (though the band KsE rose from, AFTeRSHOCK, is easily one of the top metallic hardcore bands ever)...

    the roots of the genre go back into the 80s
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by soundcurve » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 pm

    DrinkMoxie wrote:KsE wasn't even CLOSE to being a genre starter as you put it...


    Yes, but it was at this point I heard a lot of carbon copies. It was refined at this point. You can cite Only Living Witness, etc. but KSE is when I saw the flood of the copies hence the genre explode. I am no way a authority in whatever people want to label this kind of metal so perhaps too much credit there.
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by soundcurve » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 pm

    as for all the Morbid Angel flack all I am finding is this:

    If you were born <= 1980s does it really sound that off from where domination was going? It is a time capsule to that. i.e. FFTTF, Gateway, Heretic never happened. I am not saying it is their best but isn't the worst shit out there. 5 - 7/10 area

    If you were born >= 1980s, my assumption is you base your opinion on the Steve Tucker Albums / pre-domination??? Fuck if I know?!?! It seems the more knee-jerk reactions I see are from those who weren't even probably listening to Morbid Angel when Morbid Angel was "big".
  • User avatar
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 122
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by angelyuyo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:17 am

    Lol!!!only hope that next band are from the scouting group in Germany :shred: KREATOR :headbanger:
    But if is from Sweden then!!AT THE GATES!!!
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Bentz! » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:07 pm

    soundcurve wrote:as for all the Morbid Angel flack all I am finding is this:

    If you were born <= 1980s does it really sound that off from where domination was going? It is a time capsule to that. i.e. FFTTF, Gateway, Heretic never happened. I am not saying it is their best but isn't the worst shit out there. 5 - 7/10 area

    If you were born >= 1980s, my assumption is you base your opinion on the Steve Tucker Albums / pre-domination??? Fuck if I know?!?! It seems the more knee-jerk reactions I see are from those who weren't even probably listening to Morbid Angel when Morbid Angel was "big".


    The new MA album sounds waaaay off from Domination to me. Now granted it's been a while since I've listened to Domination, but I don't recall too much techno / electronic bits. All I can recall is the super sludge of Where the Slime Live.
    I dunno. I find the new Morbid Angel album pretty inexcusable.
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KevinP » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:15 pm

    Yeah this album sounds nothing like Domination or anything else they've done. It's a left turn, but still a bit of an overreaction from the fans/media. There are some good to decent songs, along with some pointless material.

    If it wasn't the 1st album with Disco D back in the fold coupled with an 8 year wait, the reaction would have been far less severe.

    If I wanted to play devil's advocate I would point that none of the drums or guitar are programmed and everything (aside from the intro) are played live in the studio, which makes it at least somewhat interesting and/or different.

    I think the techno songs could kinda work and be woven into the existing MA framework better, if Trey continues to push this angle going forward. The last song, Mea Culpa is an example of an interesting take and fusion of styles that works for me (for the most part).

    :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by soundcurve » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 pm

    Sorry, didn't mean to say it sounds like Domination, more like this would have been the next album in 98 if Dave never left. Either way, TEHO.

    KevinP wrote:If it wasn't the 1st album with Disco D back in the fold coupled with an 8 year wait, the reaction would have been far less severe.


    I guess that is it too. I don't believe they spent 8 years making the album from what I read. If people wanted brutal and more straight forward Morbid Angel it seems they'd be saying this album is shit compared to FFTF, Gateways, Heretic, etc. But instead I think people expect Altars / Blessed / maybe Covenant or maybe a lot of people lost touch with MA (Like me) during the tucker years. Even though I was a teen when Domination came out. I recall the older fans hating that album for some of the same reason I read about the dislike of the current album (Aside from radikult). I'll still hit up their show if they come through here, and even buy a Illud Divinum Insanus tour T-shirt :lol:
  • TARSUS
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by TARSUS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:52 pm

    angelyuyo wrote:Lol!!!only hope that next band are from the scouting group in Germany :shred: KREATOR :headbanger:
    But if is from Sweden then!!AT THE GATES!!!



    :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:
    BULL ROCKER ALCOHOLIC LEGIONS!!!
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:30 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Jöhn&Melönius wrote:
    angelyuyo wrote:Screamo metalcore SUCKS a TON! :trashdrink:
    Black metal too!except for venom or celtic frost! :headbanger:


    Neither Venom nor Celtic Frost are Black Metal. I like your wishlist though. For you I recommend 'Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom' and/or 'Steadfast' :headbanger:


    Forefather is awesome!

    Soundcurve, I see your argument and I gotta say keep that primitive hardcore/metalcore/screamo/etc. shit out of metal. We get a bad enough rap as metalheads as is :lol: No need adding that shit to the list



    Mooyagi... as you love powermetal you can't argue with this... if would have to be one of us other people who likes the really heavy brutal stuff.... to me someone like Hatebreed is a lot more metal than a band like Sonata Arctica... you may like them more as you are a Unicorn Humper. However, someone who is into brutal stuff would have a better discussion to disagree with what Soundcurve says. Your argument is null and void here.
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:32 pm

    soundcurve wrote:as for all the Morbid Angel flack all I am finding is this:

    If you were born <= 1980s does it really sound that off from where domination was going? It is a time capsule to that. i.e. FFTTF, Gateway, Heretic never happened. I am not saying it is their best but isn't the worst shit out there. 5 - 7/10 area

    If you were born >= 1980s, my assumption is you base your opinion on the Steve Tucker Albums / pre-domination??? Fuck if I know?!?! It seems the more knee-jerk reactions I see are from those who weren't even probably listening to Morbid Angel when Morbid Angel was "big".


    Yeah, plus it seems that a lot of the people dissing the new MA aren't even the good fans of the old MA and are just jumping on a negative band wagon towards the new MA when they may not have given it a good listen.
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    Ktulured55
    Ensign
    Posts: 1116
    Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Ktulured55 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm

    Bentz! wrote:
    soundcurve wrote:as for all the Morbid Angel flack all I am finding is this:

    If you were born <= 1980s does it really sound that off from where domination was going? It is a time capsule to that. i.e. FFTTF, Gateway, Heretic never happened. I am not saying it is their best but isn't the worst shit out there. 5 - 7/10 area

    If you were born >= 1980s, my assumption is you base your opinion on the Steve Tucker Albums / pre-domination??? Fuck if I know?!?! It seems the more knee-jerk reactions I see are from those who weren't even probably listening to Morbid Angel when Morbid Angel was "big".


    The new MA album sounds waaaay off from Domination to me. Now granted it's been a while since I've listened to Domination, but I don't recall too much techno / electronic bits. All I can recall is the super sludge of Where the Slime Live.
    I dunno. I find the new Morbid Angel album pretty inexcusable.



    Take out the electronic parts and it is very similar in many ways.... the electronic parts is how it has mutated from the Domination ablum.. but is more 'in line' than the other MA albums w/ out Vincent which sound very different.

    Not only that, but the new MA has the best drumming than any other MA album Image
    113591
    124581

    Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by mooyagi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm

    Ktulured55 wrote:Mooyagi... as you love powermetal you can't argue with this... if would have to be one of us other people who likes the really heavy brutal stuff.... to me someone like Hatebreed is a lot more metal than a band like Sonata Arctica... you may like them more as you are a Unicorn Humper. However, someone who is into brutal stuff would have a better discussion to disagree with what Soundcurve says. Your argument is null and void here.


    Nope, I'm right :D Hardcore is it's own terrible thing. Power metal is definitely metal. Is Sonata Arctica on the lighter side of power metal? Absolutely and their sound nowadays isn't power metal at all but there's no way in hell power metal is left out of the metal genre
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 pm

    Ktulured55 wrote: you may like them more as you are a Unicorn Humper.

    UNICORN HUMPER!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21240
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by mooyagi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

    KDibildox wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote: you may like them more as you are a Unicorn Humper.

    UNICORN HUMPER!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Hey don't knock it 'til you've tried it :lol: That was a good one by Ktulu :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

    :lol: I think it's one thing I'll survive without trying
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 am
    Location: Ireland

    Re: Give us more hard stuff!

    by Devils Advocate » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 pm

    soundcurve wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to say it sounds like Domination, more like this would have been the next album in 98 if Dave never left. Either way, TEHO.

    KevinP wrote:If it wasn't the 1st album with Disco D back in the fold coupled with an 8 year wait, the reaction would have been far less severe.


    I guess that is it too. I don't believe they spent 8 years making the album from what I read. If people wanted brutal and more straight forward Morbid Angel it seems they'd be saying this album is shit compared to FFTF, Gateways, Heretic, etc. But instead I think people expect Altars / Blessed / maybe Covenant or maybe a lot of people lost touch with MA (Like me) during the tucker years. Even though I was a teen when Domination came out. I recall the older fans hating that album for some of the same reason I read about the dislike of the current album (Aside from radikult). I'll still hit up their show if they come through here, and even buy a Illud Divinum Insanus tour T-shirt :lol:


    I think you got that fairly much spot on - the expectations for this were probably too high. I wonder will the reactions to this cd influence their next recording?
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
Locked 84 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests