Post Reply 599 posts
barge to hell!
  • eviljess
    Oiler

barge to hell!

by eviljess » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 am

another cruise from 70,000 tons of metal folks. are they going to have an even heavier one than the original? coming in the fall of 2012. we havent even seen the full list of names for this year. :trashdrink:
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: barge to hell!

by Fatum11 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 am

This sucks!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm going to need to win the freaking lotto to keep up with these cruises. Hopefully 70K has the better line up
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:05 am

it would be nice to see the rest of the bands before they announce a whole other cruise. will this cruise just fade out for a even better one in the fall? why announce it now? wont people just start cancelling on the 70,000 tons of cruise for the barge to hell. i dont know wether to be pissed or glad. flights and 70,000 tons tickets are already bought. frustrated :evil:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 am

Suppose it depends on what you are into. I have no interest in an Extreme Metal cruise being a Heavy/Power Metal fan.

This is a very bad move by UMC though. I don't have any problem with 2 cruises once they have the staff to handle the extra work and that they can be sure that the same effort will be going into both. But this cruise should have been announced at the same time as 70K 2012 to give people a choice. I'm sure there will be people wanting to cancel 70K for this.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:22 am

is their a website? That kind of pisses me off. they are all ready working on a second one and we can not even get an update on this one.
    And their is no way i can afford 2 cruise's a year and i really hope this does not take away the heavy stuff from this one seeing most of us are all ready paid and booked.
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:24 am

Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 am

Okay, so no band announcements, but a new cruise announcement...

Well, I booked this cruise completely based on last year's lineup. I can definitively say that had I known this was coming, and with the complete lack of bands that I am interested in for January, I would not have booked.

This actually has me quite worried. I'll give it a bit more time, to see if any decent bands get announced, but I may very well see if I can get transferred to the other boat.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:31 am

I'm very optomistic about what has developed now. I haven't booked my flight or hotel yet , so if UMC makes switching a breeze then I probably will jump ship! Having to wait an entire year from now kinda sucks but Ill get over it. Bring on Bolt Thrower!!!!!!!
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 am

This is absolute bullshit.

ALL DEATH/THRASH/BLACK METAL CRUISE. And we have Hammerfall and Nightwish.

Well Fall of 2012 is a long ways from now, I won't be canceling 70K this year (as ridiculous as it is to have this much fucking money tied up in it with so few bands) and see how things are run leading up to the sail date as well. With Barge to Hell I think I can safely say that this would be my last time on 70K and would opt out for Barge to Hell instead unless I was able to afford both.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/166745

It looks like registration starts on MONDAY so they will probably announce a few bands, wonder which ones - if they will be on 70K as well or if there will be lots of repeats from last year.... fuck did I mention I feel ripped off? A month ago Hammerfall was announced and a completely different cruise is going to be power metal free zone. WTH.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 am

It's a pretty dumbass move to make a second cruise to compete with your main cruise.
    People aren't gonna go on both of them and this very well has the potentials to lose customers for the main one.
    I say main cruise could i would assume that an extreme metal cruise would have to be held on a smaller cruise ship as their is no way they will sell out a 2k extreme metal cruise.

Considering the lack of announcments on this cruise one can now see where they have been spending the time.
    I hope the cruise lineup is still awesome and we don't end up with 2 cruises which both have medicore lineups instead.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:37 am

The more I think about it - the more stupid this is - at least the way it has been handled/announced! :(

I won't be cancelling and I may even consider the second one since I'm from Chicago and Miami is an easy plane ride away - but makes me made nonetheless!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:41 am

Metalwrath wrote:It's a pretty dumbass move to make a second cruise to compete with your main cruise.
    People aren't gonna go on both of them and this very well has the potentials to lose customers for the main one.
    I say main cruise could i would assume that an extreme metal cruise would have to be held on a smaller cruise ship as their is no way they will sell out a 2k extreme metal cruise.

Considering the lack of announcments on this cruise one can now see where they have been spending the time.
    I hope the cruise lineup is still awesome and we don't end up with 2 cruises which both have medicore lineups instead.

I don't think they could sell out a 2,000 person extreme metal cruise in Europe but for the US, Mexico and Canada that is actually not too far fetched being the metal festival starved countries that we are. Thrash/Death/Black have MUCH stronger fan bases over here than there is for power/progressive. I really think they could pull it off.

I completely agree with you on the mediocre lineups. Especially if they eventually just separate the genres completely into different cruise ships. Argh.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:44 am

Man, you "extreme,brootal,death" metal fans are the biggest whiners!! Like bandwagon sports fan jumping from one allegience to the next.

I'm not going engage in pissing matches back and forth re: announcemnts,and the other cruise---already people are looking to bail for the barge thing.

I'll just sit back, have a few pints, and watch the fallout.

:cheers:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 am

Ha - what do y'all think the male/female ratio will be on an "extreme-metal" cruise? I still remember a Satyricon/Chthonic gig I saw a few years - about 95/5% :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 am

Laura wrote:Ha - what do y'all think the male/female ratio will be on an "extreme-metal" cruise? I still remember a Satyricon/Chthonic gig I saw a few years - about 95/5% :P

It will be a complete sausage fest. :lol:
    Eveyone knows that heavy metal is where all the pussy is :mrgreen:
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 am

I don't know what to think about this either, I'm not a big Death/Black metal fan so in some ways I thought it would be good to have a seperate cruise that focuses more on that style but I am a big Thrash fan so I'm going to be pissed if a bunch of really cool thrash bands land up on the barge and not on 70,000

Even though it's still kinda' early in the whole process I am getting a bit nervous as the so far announced 70,000 lineup isn't really blowing me away or anything. I just have this feeling that nothing is going to live up to the killer line up on last year's cruise.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59 am

To be honest i enjoy some black and death metal bands too so i enjoy the variety on the cruise.
    Making a second cruise for just extreme metal by the same company is jsut completly taking away with the uniqueness of the cruise.
    I have one word to describe this : Greed
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:03 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Man, you "extreme,brootal,death" metal fans are the biggest whiners!! Like bandwagon sports fan jumping from one allegience to the next.

I'm not going engage in pissing matches back and forth re: announcemnts,and the other cruise---already people are looking to bail for the barge thing.

I'll just sit back, have a few pints, and watch the fallout.

:cheers:

Well we (well "I") just feel ripped off right now from 1) lack of announcements or ANY information AT ALL 2) paying a lot of money for bands that I don't like or won't bother seeing. Like Sinister Realm said, I would be pissed if a ton of bands I really do love are booked on Barge and I've paid for 70K with the mediocre line up that's on it so far. Don't get me wrong there are still bands that I'm looking forward to seeing on this years cruise line up so far, but nothing over the moon that makes the cost worth it yet. Its bullshit lol.

Metalwrath wrote:
    Laura wrote:Ha - what do y'all think the male/female ratio will be on an "extreme-metal" cruise? I still remember a Satyricon/Chthonic gig I saw a few years - about 95/5% :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its soooooooooooo true! Yeah I remember a Goatwhore show about a year ago that was the worst I had seen, there were only TWO other girls there and one could have passed for a guy quite easily :? :lol:

Would be interesting to do a poll for the women that are into metal for which genres they like (real metal head women, not the trollops that follow their boyfriends and pretend to be into the music) and how the ratios would be :lol:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:08 am

Metalwrath wrote:To be honest i enjoy some black and death metal bands too so i enjoy the variety on the cruise.
    Making a second cruise for just extreme metal by the same company is jsut completly taking away with the uniqueness of the cruise.
    I have one word to describe this : Greed

i did love the change up of bands last year but if i where to choose, i would have taken the extreame cruise for next year.
    i guess we wait and see what happens from here :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:34 am

i was on the maiden voyage and loved everything about it. the bands were great and the atmosphere was great. i just think they should at least make the band announcements a little sooner than they do. they drag it out and leave most of us wondering. now that umc has announced a second cruise for the fall, the whole thing doesnt really seem so special anymore. one good thing about it is that you will have a choice between the two. the 70,000 tons cruise was a great way to see bands from europe that i would never get a chance to see in the states. if it turns into a cruise with what they consider metal for most commercial bands, then the talent will suffer therefore fans will show a huge lack of interest. the whole metal cruise concept is not only a great idea for the fans of the music, but also is a musicians fans paradise. i just think the choices of bands will suffer. my opinion. im worried about shit that i cant control. it will all work ou for the best though. still optimistic about our january sail date. ;)
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:36 am

Remember how there was a big debate earlier this year when rumours started spreading of a bigger boat for next?

Well this is far worse than a bigger boat!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its soooooooooooo true! Yeah I remember a Goatwhore show about a year ago that was the worst I had seen, there were only TWO other girls there and one could have passed for a guy quite easily :? :lol:

Would be interesting to do a poll for the women that are into metal for which genres they like (real metal head women, not the trollops that follow their boyfriends and pretend to be into the music) and how the ratios would be :lol:

Marlo - you should start a poll thread! Generally speaking, it doesn't seem many women are into black metal or "blackened-death" metal - a couple of other shows I've been to with a very small percentage of women were Triptykon/1349, and Goatwhore. There was a larger number (but still minority female) for the Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir and Immortal gigs I've been to - but maybe part of that was "boyfriend" factor....or in the case of Dimmu - Shagrath? ;) :lol: (I think Dana Carvey should do another "church lady" sketch where instead of saying "Could it be....SATAN?" he/she would say....."Could it be....SHAGRATH?" :twisted: :lol: )

But kidding aside, I personally have always liked a lot of "heavy" music on the extreme end - but at the same time have enjoyed some of the sappiest of love songs - so go figure (different sides of my personality I guess ;) ) - I actually was surprised how much I totally loved hearing Chris Martin of Coldplay sing "Yellow" last night - and I'm not even much of a Coldplay fan and all - but he sang it so beautifully and of course many of the lyrics are really beautiful - "look at the stars - look how they shine for you." :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdahZQGgJcA
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 am

This is a terrible fucking job by UMC. I don't mind that they have two cruises but the way they handle the announcements is fucking ridiculous. If they were going to do this, they should've announced them at the same damn time. Wouldn't they want to build up a huge following for 70K (which mind you is still not sold out) before they announced another cruise? Not like we are all millionaires and can pull this shit off.

I feel like a bunch of people are now going to cancel 70K and wait for this one, which means the forum family is going to be breaking up. As my tastes are more in the power/folk genre (as much as I like black metal), and Marlo, who is a weenie, still loves her thrash/death/black, it looks like we may not be able to go on the same cruises together depending on the lineups :cry: I can only afford one. A death/thrash/black cruise could fill up a boat as big as the Majesty, but not if there's another cruise (70K) as well. Again, it costs a ton of money for some people to make these cruises happen.

The really evil thing for them to do would be to not announce bands until late in October after the 70K cancellation deadline passes.

I heard this rumor a loooooong time ago but figured it was a dead one since there was no indication of it being true. This is totally blindsiding me. I'm not happy at all. At least couple this with a full lineup for both cruises by the 70K deadline so we can make a choice.

UMC, please at least give us a lineup for both cruises. We pay a lot of money for these things and we want to make sure we get our monies' worth

I guess I will never see some of you again.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:21 am

Just saw a posting for it on Blabbermouth. More information will come out on August 8th (Monday). I'll hold my fury until we get some kind of big announcement then. Maybe 70K cruisers get a discount? :D I just hope we get the lineups by October.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:58 am

Ah...... in a way I do understand this, but I'm not thrilled about it. The cool thing about 70k was the span of different genres, and therefore, variety in the people that went. I don't like power metal, but am not into the really extreme for the most part, so I'm worried that this is just going to fill up 70k with mostly power metal, which is a very scary thought for me. I would think that it would be more logical to do the barge to hell cruise after say 3 successful 70k runs, so they know for sure how it would work. But oh well.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

KDibildox wrote:Ah...... in a way I do understand this, but I'm not thrilled about it. The cool thing about 70k was the span of different genres, and therefore, variety in the people that went. I don't like power metal, but am not into the really extreme for the most part, so I'm worried that this is just going to fill up 70k with mostly power metal, which is a very scary thought for me. I would think that it would be more logical to do the barge to hell cruise after say 3 successful 70k runs, so they know for sure how it would work. But oh well.

I loved the variety of the first cruise. It was so cool to hang out with people of such varying tastes, and it afforded me an opportunity to see bands that I otherwise wouldn't give the time of day to (and had a great time). Splitting up the groups will change the whole atmosphere of the cruise.

I'm not mad that they have two boats. It gives Americans another festival, which we've been complaining about, I just don't like the way the announcements have been handled and I'm really sad it's going to break the forum family up.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah, exactly. Though I am worried that it may reduce the variety on 70K, also.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:09 am

KDibildox wrote:Yeah, exactly. Though I am worried that it may reduce the variety on 70K, also.

Yup. It's a definite concern.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:15 am

Not too happy about this. Fall is the worst possible time for me and most Europeans as we have lots of festivals in the summer. Of course, North America lacking such variety of festivals might need another extreme music festival, but it worries me that 70k might get less extreme bands.
    Also, the cruise in January is a great way to get away from the cold in the middle of winter.

Hopefully we'll get an announcement on Monday with the rumored Vader and Primordial along with Hail of Bullets for 70k. Other than those three, I don't care if the rest of the lineup was all power metal. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 am

Memnoch wrote:Hopefully we'll get an announcement on Monday with the rumored Vader and Primordial along with Hail of Bullets for 70k. Other than those three, I don't care if the rest of the lineup was all power metal. :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooo don't say that!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 am

My hope is that they keep 70000 Tons of Metal as a variety cruise and Barge to Hell can be the specialization one. There's no guarantee that just because there's now an "Extreme" cruise that 70K will then be the complete opposite. It may still have some death/thrash/black bands. I for one, want the variety. The variety seemed to bring abroad the right kind of people, open minded ones. Specializing would potentially bring too many closed minded dickwads.
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 am

My hope is that 70,000 stays the way it was last year..meaning a mixture of styles leaning more towards "classic" bands and a bit more from the power/thrash/trad side of the coin....the new cruise could focus more on the extreme side of things with grindcore..black..death and maybe up and coming bands in those styles.

It's still frustrating because I did like the fact that there were different things going on the original cruise and being that 70,000 was the first cruise it's feeling like we've been left in the dark a bit on this one...would be nice for UMC to state exactly what their intentions are with the new cruise but their M.O. seems to be this "mysterious" thing where they announce bands at a snails pace and leave people constantly guessing what is happening.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 am

so... when is the 3rd cruise? Their/power/prog/symphonic specialty cruise... Sailing Over The Rainbow or something... hmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am

Actually i heard the 3rd cruise is a folk cruise.
    All bands playing must use a herdy gerdy and all male cruise entandence are required to wear a Kilt.
    They wil only serve beer and ale from drinking horns and the cruise ship is a viking longboat.

Disclaimer Notice : 70000 tonnes of folk does not acept liability for any raping or pillageing that may occur during the voyage.
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am

Metalwrath wrote:Actually i heard the 3rd cruise is a folk cruise.
    All bands playing must use a herdy gerdy and all male cruise entandence are required to wear a Kilt.
    They wil only serve beer and ale from drinking horns and the cruise ship is a viking longboat.

:lol: I'd totally go on that :viking: Only thing is where to find the time between bands to rape and pillage...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:32 am

mooyagi wrote:

:lol: I'd totally go on that :viking: Only thing is where to find the time between bands to rape and pillage...

I found time on the last cruise :D
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am

I feel I need to interject here. Based on the destination, I highly doubt that THIS cruise will be anywhere near the same duration as 70000 Tons Of Metal. Typically a cruise from Miami to Nassau is only a day cruise. At most, the boat may come back the next day. I picture this as being something more along the same lines as the Sweden Rock cruise, just with more bands most likely.

This is my leading theory, but we'll all know more on Monday.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I found time on the last cruise :D

:shock: You must teach me :lol:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:59 am

mooyagi wrote:This is a terrible fucking job by UMC. I don't mind that they have two cruises but the way they handle the announcements is fucking ridiculous. If they were going to do this, they should've announced them at the same damn time. Wouldn't they want to build up a huge following for 70K (which mind you is still not sold out) before they announced another cruise? Not like we are all millionaires and can pull this shit off.

I feel like a bunch of people are now going to cancel 70K and wait for this one, which means the forum family is going to be breaking up. As my tastes are more in the power/folk genre (as much as I like black metal), and Marlo, who is a weenie, still loves her thrash/death/black, it looks like we may not be able to go on the same cruises together depending on the lineups :cry: I can only afford one. A death/thrash/black cruise could fill up a boat as big as the Majesty, but not if there's another cruise (70K) as well. Again, it costs a ton of money for some people to make these cruises happen.

The really evil thing for them to do would be to not announce bands until late in October after the 70K cancellation deadline passes.

I heard this rumor a loooooong time ago but figured it was a dead one since there was no indication of it being true. This is totally blindsiding me. I'm not happy at all. At least couple this with a full lineup for both cruises by the 70K deadline so we can make a choice.

UMC, please at least give us a lineup for both cruises. We pay a lot of money for these things and we want to make sure we get our monies' worth

I guess I will never see some of you again.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah, this blows. I would probably rather go on the Barge to Hell more than this... but can't miss seeing bands like My Dying Bride and all..... don't know if I have the vacation, I already have 70k booked and another 1 week vacation to Mexico in March and still have to travel to see family members... don't think I can take another 1 entire week to do it...... this is really terrible...

What they should have done is have the Barge to Hell be the January 2013 cruise and then alternate years so it is always something different and still always have the January cruise. they are being greedy. :evil:

Sucks for you Ryan and Marlo because ultimately you would probably rather go on the regular 70k cruise while Marlo would rather go on Barge To Hell .... just guessing.. :roll:

We are really getting fucked over.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
Post Reply 599 posts