Locked 108 posts
Lets resurrect one 2011 band you'd like to see in 2012
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Lets resurrect one 2011 band you'd like to see in 2012

by viathyn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I would say RAGE, because I could watch Smolski shred that axe all day, but my heart is trapped somewhere between Ensiferum and Tyr; both bands I have seen many times before... but they just have the right type of FUN attitude that I felt represented the whole feeling of elation of the cruise itself for me.

They both played two stellar sets, by the way. Sunburned the hell out of my face and neck to both of them on the pool deck while having a great time in the sun, and was hammered out of my tree, headbanging like a madman for their interior shows (both of which were superior setlists).
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
    Uncle Soda wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Oh yes, I can see you sing some karaoke with Petri. That would be priceless :D And Ville too. All my men together :party:

:D And then Ville's and Petri's wives would start a drool thread about me me me. :beerbang:

Yeah, I would appreciate if you could keep them busy :cool:

See guys, this is why I don't play chess with Madame LePink.
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

I would like to see Saxon again, playing both Metalhead and Unleash the Beast albums.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Conrad wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:For those of you picking Moonspell, good choice. They were definitely among the tops on the cruise as well. Their pool deck set was so cool with a cool wind blowing during the night and I think it got a little misty then too. Great setting for Moonspell. Granted, musically Wolfheart (which they played in the indoor set) is their best work in my opinion but the whole atmosphere of the outdoor set (plus great tunes!) was magical.

I think I'm the only one so far who has gone for Moonspell. And I must agree with you, Wolfheart is my favourite album. Wolfshade, what a damn good song! And they played the entire album? Wow, that would have been awesome! I wished I was there for that. Sounds like a great setting too, I hope My Dying Bride gets a similar setting out on the pool deck, if they were to play on the pool deck at all that is, and in the evening. That would be fantastic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy shit! Guess which song just popped up on my shuffle while I read your post?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:I'd say Amon Amarth - seen them twice but I'd love to see them take over the Viking Lounge again :belly:

Or Tyr because I have never seen them and there is little hope of them making it down here. Or Korpiklaani - same reason.

You even typed them in my order of preference as well! Those would be my top three that I would want back too :bangers:

AMON AMARTH!!!

Hahaha :party: You clearly have excellent taste :D

Cowboy: Yeah I have more hope for Korpiklaani than Tyr to be honest. I read Tyr can't even secure a gig in the UK. But I shall be very happy when they do! :) I think I've been in a 'bring Korpiklaani to Australia' group on facebook since forever...
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:I'd say Amon Amarth - seen them twice but I'd love to see them take over the Viking Lounge again :belly:

Or Tyr because I have never seen them and there is little hope of them making it down here. Or Korpiklaani - same reason.

You even typed them in my order of preference as well! Those would be my top three that I would want back too :bangers:

AMON AMARTH!!!

Hahaha :party: You clearly have excellent taste :D

Cowboy: Yeah I have more hope for Korpiklaani than Tyr to be honest. I read Tyr can't even secure a gig in the UK. But I shall be very happy when they do! :) I think I've been in a 'bring Korpiklaani to Australia' group on facebook since forever...

Historically speaking... those who are unwanted in the U.K. tend to end up in Australia. Just sayin'...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Destruction...only because I missed them on the first cruise. Their first show conflicted with someone else I wanted to see and I promised myself I would catch their second show which was at something like 3:30 in the morning...well, I went to take a short nap and don't even remember my alarm going off so I missed them.
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Tough call between Uli Jon Roth and Raven, but since I got to see UJR both times and Raven only once, I'll go with the Athletic Rockers, RAVEN!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:For those of you picking Moonspell, good choice. They were definitely among the tops on the cruise as well. Their pool deck set was so cool with a cool wind blowing during the night and I think it got a little misty then too. Great setting for Moonspell. Granted, musically Wolfheart (which they played in the indoor set) is their best work in my opinion but the whole atmosphere of the outdoor set (plus great tunes!) was magical.

I think I'm the only one so far who has gone for Moonspell. And I must agree with you, Wolfheart is my favourite album. Wolfshade, what a damn good song! And they played the entire album? Wow, that would have been awesome! I wished I was there for that. Sounds like a great setting too, I hope My Dying Bride gets a similar setting out on the pool deck, if they were to play on the pool deck at all that is, and in the evening. That would be fantastic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy shit! Guess which song just popped up on my shuffle while I read your post?

Hah, nice :D Wolfshade! :death:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Historically speaking... those who are unwanted in the U.K. tend to end up in Australia. Just sayin'...

Ooooh you are in tru-uuh-bleee :evil:

Haha j/k that was actually pretty clever :lol:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:And yes, this thread is pointless, but I'll play along.

That's the idea, having fun and see which is the band other cruisers want to see.

Is interesting the good work that UMC did in the 2011 selection as 16 different bands of the 42 that played were selected as preference to play again in just 26 votes. :viking:
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Ah, I gotcha! I missed the original post and I didn't realize you were keeping score. Well done sir! :cheers:

Thanks!. :bangers:

Have to do something, several months till January and must keep busy :shots:
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer

by Devils Advocate » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:45 am

Here's a vote for Sanctuary :beerhorns:
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:38 am

+1 for Twilight of the Gods.
    Not often one gets to hear the music of Bathory done live, and fairly well at that.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer

by angelyuyo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:57 am

Because of demons n wizards not BG or IE here,Sodom,testament,moonspell
    Kick ass but I got to go with
    A M O N A M A R T H!!!!!!!!!!!! :belly:
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 pm

This thread might be pointless for this year but any of these bands could be considered for next year and beyond.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:Blind Guardian. They were simply amazing. In my opinion, the best performance on the cruise.

that's why I'd chose Blind Guardian, too - and I never get to see them in such a "un-crowded" audience anymore; it was just great to finally be able to really enjoy one of their gigs
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 pm

last_candle wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Blind Guardian. They were simply amazing. In my opinion, the best performance on the cruise.

that's why I'd chose Blind Guardian, too - and I never get to see them in such a "un-crowded" audience anymore; it was just great to finally be able to really enjoy one of their gigs

Agreed. Pretty amazing being with such a small crowd.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Fear Factory and Moonspell... of course.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Fear Factory and Moonspell... of course.

we're voting for the bands we want IN, not OUT ;)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:40 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:Fear Factory and Moonspell... of course.

we're voting for the bands we want IN, not OUT ;)

no repeats dammit, why doesn't anyone else agree with me? LOLOL
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:45 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
    Uncle Soda wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Oh yes, I can see you sing some karaoke with Petri. That would be priceless :D And Ville too. All my men together :party:

:D And then Ville's and Petri's wives would start a drool thread about me me me. :beerbang:

Yeah, I would appreciate if you could keep them busy :cool:

This is hilarious :lol:

I honestly couldn't pick just one band to resurrect. There were a lot of amazing bands from a variety of genres that I hope to someday see play.
    strangeways
    Crewman
    Location: Greater Chicagoland area - United States of America

by strangeways » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:55 am

Saxon
    2013 Wish List: Accept, Ace Frehley, Angel Witch, Anvil, BOC, Cirith Ungol, Doro, Helstar, Immortal, Love/Hate, Lucifer's Friend, Motorhead, Pentagram, Rose Tattoo, Running Wild, Saxon, Savatage, Slough Feg, Sodom, Trouble, Warrior Soul, Wolf
  • NikiDT
    Oiler

by NikiDT » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 am

Moonspell, no doubt for me.
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:29 am

Amon Amarth
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 am

Dark Tranquillity
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 am

Unleashed. Especially considering they didn't play with their proper line-up this previous cruise.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
  • KevinP
    Commander

LET'S KILL AND CREMATE 1 BAND FROM 2011

by KevinP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:50 am

Blackguard

(PS. - put that in your pipe and smoke it Metalho :P :P :P )
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 am

hahaha, you know you cant get enough of Blackguard Kevin
    Last edited by TexasMetalhead on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 am

RAGE
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: LET'S KILL AND CREMATE 1 BAND FROM 2011

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 am

KevinP wrote:Blackguard

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 am

TexasMetalhead wrote:RAGE

+1
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

1st pick would be Trouble, but only if they could get Eric back and throw Kory to the sharks... won't happen so...

2nd pick would be Death Angel but I've seen them a fair number of times in recent years

3rd would be Testament but, again, I've seen plenty of them in recent years and they'll be hard at work on the new album I suspect

4th would be Saxon but I really got my fill of 'em in 2 amazing sets last time around and doubt I could get 'em to do Crusader in its entirety

5th would be Raven but, yes again, 3 sets in a short time span really filled my quota for a while

6th would have to be Forbidden but yeah, I've been spoiled haven't I? ;)

7th would have been Destruction but I caught them again here in Vancouver around the time of the hockey playoffs so I'm good there for a while yet too

8th through 13th would be Obituary, Nevermore, Sanctuary, Exodus, Sodom and Agent Steel but, bottom line is the only one I really feel compelled to vote for is the mighty, the legendary...

ULI JON ROTH

...that is all
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Uli Jon Roth

Simplified response. :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:23 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:1st pick would be Trouble, but only if they could get Eric back and throw Kory to the sharks... won't happen so...

2nd pick would be Death Angel but I've seen them a fair number of times in recent years

3rd would be Testament but, again, I've seen plenty of them in recent years and they'll be hard at work on the new album I suspect

4th would be Saxon but I really got my fill of 'em in 2 amazing sets last time around and doubt I could get 'em to do Crusader in its entirety

5th would be Raven but, yes again, 3 sets in a short time span really filled my quota for a while

7th would have been Destruction but I caught them again here in Vancouver around the time of the hockey playoffs so I'm good there for a while yet too

8th through 13th would be Obituary, Nevermore, Sanctuary, Exodus, Sodom and Agent Steel but, bottom line is the only one I really feel compelled to vote for is the mighty, the legendary...

ULI JON ROTH

...that is all

The only band I saw in your top 14 list last year on the boat was Nevermore. I was watching Sanctuary up in the Viking Lounge, but totally fell asleep during their set.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:1st pick would be Trouble, but only if they could get Eric back and throw Kory to the sharks... won't happen so...

ULI JON ROTH

...that is all

The only band I saw in your top 14 list last year on the boat was Nevermore. I was watching Sanctuary up in the Viking Lounge, but totally fell asleep during their set.

the only one i'd agree with is Sodom, due to their rarity in the states and how much they RULE live. i did like Agent Steel too but i feel seeing both their sets was sufficient for now.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Andy, feel free to call Kevin's bluff here :lol: But only if it means we get more than 40 bands again. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good roster spot on them.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Andy, feel free to call Kevin's bluff here :lol: But only if it means we get more than 40 bands again. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good roster spot on them.

It's not calling my bluf at all. LOOK AT THE TITLE OF MY POST you silly little man :roll: :roll: :roll:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Ecliptica wrote:

ULI JON ROTH

...that is all

Your point being?

We have completely different taste in metal? Yes, I knew that before the first time we sailed :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Locked 108 posts