Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1
Why No Merch Store Yet?
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Why No Merch Store Yet?

by DragonLordJones » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 am

Simple enough question, I'm not looking for a date when it will open, I would like to know why it hasn't opened yet?

With nearing a year since the cruise, I just don't get why we haven't had a merchandise store yet. They have the shirts, hoodies etc,

how hard is it to get the rest going
    Patches
    Pins
    Bandanas
    can coozies and such ... I really don't get why they wouldn't want this out for promoting the cruise and future cruises to come :shock:

please someone inform me as to why? ;)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: Why No Merch Store Yet?

by Malaka » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Are you surprised by the lack of response? I'm not. :|
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Simple enough question, I'm not looking for a date when it will open, I would like to know why it hasn't opened yet?

With nearing a year since the cruise, I just don't get why we haven't had a merchandise store yet. They have the shirts, hoodies etc,

Patches
    Pins
    Bandanas
    can coozies and such ... I really don't get why they wouldn't want this out for promoting the cruise and future cruises to come :shock:

at least we have the button :P
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    kouta666
    Crewman

by kouta666 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Alex Fields wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:Simple enough question, I'm not looking for a date when it will open, I would like to know why it hasn't opened yet?

Patches
    Pins
    Bandanas

at least we have the button :P

Hahaha...nice one. Maybe the button should link to this site
    http://www.buttontonowhere.com/

:lol:
    WISHLIST: Agalloch, Be'Lakor, Destroyer 666, Into Eternity, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Kreator, Rotting Christ

2012: Cabin 666
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Becareful, they might delete this thread too!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:22 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Becareful, they might delete this thread too!

No way, threads have been removed?!?
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:Becareful, they might delete this thread too!

No way, threads have been removed?!?

only polls of non announcements .... or it could of been the dirty under ware that caused the thread to disappear ....... but yes the mods can and have deleted threads, post and whatnots :cheers: :beerhorns:

and to no ones surprise no official answer to my question :shock: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 am

My guess would be because they are still having contractual issues with a DVD? Getting all the permissions, etc. Perhaps that's what's happening with the announcements this year. They might be trying to get all that kind of stuff finalized before even announcing the band?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:24 am

the spanish language tread was deleted too ..

and about the store .. I suppose we'll not have one over here soon but maybe we can have more buttons to nowhere like..

WIN FREE BEERS ONBROAD
    SEE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT NOW
    OFFICIAL 70K SHIRTS FREE
    SEE NEXT 2 ANNOUNCEMENTS NOW
    WIN 2 PLAYMATES-PIZZA NIGHT ON YOUR CABIN
    SEE COMPLETE 2012 LINEUP!
    SEE BLACK SABBAT'S 11.11.11 ANNOUNCEMENT NOW

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Cheers!

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 am

Alex Fields wrote:the spanish language tread was deleted too ..

and about the store .. I suppose we'll not have one over here soon but maybe we can have more buttons to nowhere like..

WIN FREE BEERS ONBROAD
    OFFICIAL 70K SHIRTS FREE

You sir....are a visionary! Wow, 2 playmates with pizza on a night of the cruise would be PHENOMENAL. Hmmm....imagination running wild with that one
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:the spanish language tread was deleted too ..

WIN FREE BEERS ONBROAD
    OFFICIAL 70K SHIRTS FREE

You sir....are a visionary! Wow, 2 playmates with pizza on a night of the cruise would be PHENOMENAL. Hmmm....imagination running wild with that one

I would love to have that button! :wank: :boobs:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am

COMING SOON!!!!
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 am

EvilDan wrote:My guess would be because they are still having contractual issues with a DVD? Getting all the permissions, etc. Perhaps that's what's happening with the announcements this year. They might be trying to get all that kind of stuff finalized before even announcing the band?

this doesn't explain why they can't open the store to sell merchandise they had already sold on the ship or just 70000 ToM logo items.

future items can always be added at a later date when approved and cleared.

I can understand legal issues, but some items ...... especially logo items 70 ToM survivor things etc. why not? (unless they don't hold the rights to their own logo yet) :shock:

from a marketing stand point I just don't get it :? :beerhorns:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:36 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:My guess would be because they are still having contractual issues with a DVD? Getting all the permissions, etc. Perhaps that's what's happening with the announcements this year. They might be trying to get all that kind of stuff finalized before even announcing the band?

this doesn't explain why they can't open the store to sell merchandise they had already sold on the ship or just 70000 ToM logo items.

I can understand legal issues, but some items ...... especially logo items 70 ToM survivor things etc. why not? (unless they don't hold the rights to their own logo yet) :shock:

i don't either. so many people are going to spend money on merch and they just ignore us!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

It doesn't bother me as much as it stumps me....you would think making the max amount of cash off of passengers would be high on the priority list. Having a functional store lends itself to that cause

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:It doesn't bother me as much as it stumps me....you would think making the max amount of cash off of passengers would be high on the priority list. Having a functional store lends itself to that cause

exactly. people waiting to throw money at them, and they're like, nahhhhh..............
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:

There is still the logistical issue, who is going to take the orders and send them out, who's going to handle payments, where are they going to keep the stock, etc, etc.

At the company I work for, when we get a new supplier or renew a contract it has to go through our legal people and sometimes that can take forever!

But who knows what they are doing.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Fatum11 wrote:But who knows what they are doing.

I don't remember them being this uncommunicative last year.

Perhaps someone should email/IM Andy and see if he has any updates on the issue? There may be a perfectly logical explanation for the delay.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Does anyone personally know any of the moderators?

It's like there is a damn vow of silence on their behalf. Either a totaly killer announcement is coming or our worst fears are coming to fruition

Josh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:Does anyone personally know any of the moderators?

It's like there is a damn vow of silence on their behalf. Either a totaly killer announcement is coming or our worst fears are coming to fruition

I have personally messaged Andy previously on the forum here, and he was gratious enough to reply.

I'm not sure if he would reply to me now though given that I've been paying out on him incessantly recently :lol:

All good Andy - you know we still love you (EVEN IF WE DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!) :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:31 pm

I def have nothing but respect for the promotion

If anything...it is the insane love of metal that blinds/binds us. If I wasn't SO FUCKING EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in metal I wouldn't be chomping at the bit for news :bitch:

BUT....I'm sure I will be issuing a mea culpa eventually as I'm still hopeful UMC is on track

Josh
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:If anything...it is the insane love of metal that blinds/binds us. If I wasn't SO FUCKING EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in metal I wouldn't be chomping at the bit for news :bitch:

Amen brother thor! Great choice of words. I drink your Kool-aid!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    You sir....are a visionary!

haha thnks!

mooyagi wrote:

here you have it :lol:
    (at least it'll not take u to nowhere)

Cheers!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Alex Fields wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

here you have it :lol:
    (at least it'll not take u to nowhere)

Approved! :wank:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:If anything...it is the insane love of metal that blinds/binds us. If I wasn't SO FUCKING EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in metal I wouldn't be chomping at the bit for news :bitch:

Amen brother thor! Great choice of words. I drink your Kool-aid!

:3drunks:

All about the metal brother! And at least the kool-aid of Thor tastes of iron and northern sea spray ! Patent pending!

Josh
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

DragonLordJones wrote:this doesn't explain why they can't open the store to sell merchandise they had already sold on the ship or just 70000 ToM logo items.

Are we even sure they have any in stock? Is it possible they sold out, and for the reasons Alicia pointed out, haven't restocked?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote:

tastes of iron and northern sea spray

Yeah, that's pretty metal.

But riddle me this, what does glory in battle taste like?
    It must be delivered by a valkyrie..
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:this doesn't explain why they can't open the store to sell merchandise they had already sold on the ship or just 70000 ToM logo items.

Are we even sure they have any in stock? Is it possible they sold out, and for the reasons Alicia pointed out, haven't restocked?

is it a question of being in stonk or on demand?
    but why is nothing their at all?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 am

viathyn wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:

tastes of iron and northern sea spray

Yeah, that's pretty metal.

But riddle me this, what does glory in battle taste like?
    It must be delivered by a valkyrie..

It tastes like meat and mead!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:06 am

gnoff wrote:COMING SOON...

Sounds like my ex! *rimshot*
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
Locked 31 posts Page 1 of 1