Re: What to do in George Town?

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:
    NO!!!!

YOU EAT THE MEAT!!!

need Horsey Sauce.

............I am a sick-minded individual.

D'OH!!!!!!!!!!! Arby's you fool!

Carry on.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 pm

I've been to Grand Cayman before on a cruise and it is beautiful! Did a snorkeling trip that was really great - gorgeous clear turquoise water.

For those who are into snorkel/scuba/boat trips - that kinda thing - Grand Cayman is great for it.

This time round on Grand Cayman...my plans are pretty simple.

Seek :smoking: (Grand Cayman is certainly not Jamaica when it comes to that, but there's always a possibility ;) )
    Hang on a beach for awhile and/or wander about with like minded :smoking: folk (you know who you are :P )
    End up at an equivalent of Senor Frogs Cozumel and hang with cruise folk - last year was amazing - great times that even included disco dancing with some awesome German women I met there - woot! :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 am

im gonna ask the real important question

Dose this port have a senoir frogs if not im gonna be pissed
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 am

Rab wrote:im gonna ask the real important question

Don't know - haven't tried to look that up yet - if not, there's gotta be something similar I imagine. Man - we took over that Senor Frogs in Cozumel - it seems there were at least a couple hundred of us there. I think this picture I took of Karl K. says it all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 am

June wrote:Yes! :)
    Fatum, tuup and me. Anyone else?

maybe we can make an epic beach drunken joust competition

Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

I'm planning to visit the rum distillery first and then go horse riding, so that's not even completely unlikely :D
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 am

Tuup wrote:I'm planning to visit the rum distillery first and then go horse riding, so that's not even completely unlikely :D

:lol: just need some medieval weapons
    Cheers!

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 am

I can completely see it happening :D

Look you stupid Bastard, you've got no arms left!
    - Yes I have
    Look!
    - It's just a fleshwound
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 am

Tuup wrote:I can completely see it happening :D

- Yes I have
    Look!
    - It's just a fleshwound

:lol: :lol:

holly shit!!

Cheers!

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 am

Laura wrote:
    Rab wrote:im gonna ask the real important question

Don't know - haven't tried to look that up yet - if not, there's gotta be something similar I imagine. Man - we took over that Senor Frogs in Cozumel - it seems there were at least a couple hundred of us there. I think this picture I took of Karl K. says it all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG Laura....that was so fun dancing around with you at SENOR FROGS!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:44 am

Alex Fields wrote:

- Yes I have
    Look!
    - It's just a fleshwound

:lol: :lol:

holly shit!!

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:59 am

Debb - YESSSS! It was great hanging out with you there - I was going to post that great pic of me & you and a few of your friends - but I think I've posted it 2 or 3x before - so thought I'd post Karl's silly mug instead!!! :lol:

Tuup - horseback riding is great - I've done it quite a bit when travelling - especially great in mountains I think.
    Hmmm....
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am

gnoff wrote:

- Yes I have
    Look!
    - It's just a fleshwound

What are you gonna do, BLEED on me?

The black knight ALWAYS triumphs! :viking:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 am

This link is super informative about grand cayman beaches, snorkeling, public transit, etc - 1st post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449552
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 am

Laura wrote:End up at an equivalent of Senor Frogs Cozumel and hang with cruise folk - last year was amazing - great times that even included disco dancing with some awesome German women I met there - woot! :lol:

I'll probably somewhere on the island with my GPS...just give me a call and the coordinates when the disco dancing is about to commence :lol:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 am

WizardBeast wrote:This link is super informative about grand cayman beaches, snorkeling, public transit, etc - 1st post:

Thank you ! Since I am hanging by myself and flying solo in Georgetown this helps me
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:23 am

OMG-

Cemetary Beach - If you want to snorkel, the best places on Grand Cayman are at Cemetary Reef, about 15 minutes drive from the pier and about 3-4 miles north ... a bit too far to walk. Cemetery Reef is a very popular spot for both snorkeling and sun tanning with trees for shade. This beautiful location will offer the best of both worlds, a beach entrance and good snorkeling nearby. You get dropped off pretty much in the middle of a neighborhood and you walk down a sand path beside a cemetery. The beach is on the backside of the cemetery and pretty much deserted. It has a small marine park right off the beach.
    Many cemeteries are on the beach in the islands. The one you are looking for is a large cemetery on SevenMileBeach as you are heading up into the district of West Bay. You will see the sign for beach access to walk to the beach. There is a path on the northern edge of the cemetery which is signposted for public access to the beach. Any minibus with the letters WB will go right past, as will all tours going to Hell or the Turtle Farm. saw some great fish some very large and some colorful (they feed them so they stick around) swim out and you will be rewarded by some nice coral and more fish...snorkeling is very nice there. We saw some large and colorful fish along with a baracuda. We brought cheese whiz …. The fish love it and come all around you. Just put a little in your fingers and rub it into the water. The snorkeling there is very good, but not really excellent. No services available. Be prepared to stay a couple of hours and then hail a taxi or minibus back toward town for lunch. walk in from the beach and you don't have to swim very far to get to the coral heads. dry cat food fed the fish. it offered awesome snorkeling, BUT, it was so shallow that i felt in most of the areas that the coral was actually touching my stomach. There is no place for food or refreshments It's never very crowded due to lack of ammenities.

There is a small grocery store about a 10 minute walk called Fosters Food Fair.. You can catch the bus back to George Town from Cemetary Reef. they are great and run every 15 minutes or so. They charge US$2.50 pp. The public transportation is much cheaper than a taxi, and very accessable. Cemetary beach is a great place to go if you want a nice quiet beach. The snorkeling is wonderful and there are trees if you get too hot in the sun. We found a nice place on the beach under the shade of a tree. and all in the shade.
    The Reef is about 200 yards from the beach where we saw the stingray and the coral and many beautiflly colored fish. There were some fish closer to the shore, but they were mostly 100 yards or more out too. There were some smaller fish closer to the beach that small children would like seeing. Take along food for the fish. If the fish come in closer to the beach like they did further out, they were all around us when we were feeding them! We used canned cheese. There is an IGA grocery store about 2 blocks further along 7 MileBeach where we bought the cheese, sandwiches for lunch, water, etc. It is a very beautiful beach. There are no services or restrooms .The reef probably starts about 50-100 feet off shore. Once you get away from the cloudy water at the shoreline you should see it! Distance from shore: 20 to 100 yards Marker buoy: Yes Dept: 15 to 40ft The reefs are few minutes away resting in about 20ft of water. The marine life is very abundant, of you are brave, bring some fish food with you so you can have the "Cayman Piranhas" experience. Sergeant Majors, so called "Cayman Piranhas", will literally swarm you for a morsel, better yet, look for somebody else with food so you can watch the "other guy" get enveloped by fish. (Probably a smarter move) Sea Turtle are also known to frequent the area, some al large as the biggest found at the Turtle Farm swim by on a daily basis.

Being one of the most picturesque areas in Grand Cayman this spot should not be missed. Huge Australian Pines offer plenty of shade on the shore for the whole day at the beach you might be looking for. Tons of fish, and while we were there, we saw a school of squid! So peaceful and the water was so warm. Just walk into the water, and about 10 feet in is some reefs. We had this beautiful, warm beach with a snorkeling park all to ourselves. Peaceful and quiet. There are no services there, so if you're looking for bars and bathrooms, this isn't a place for you. On the way back, we walked down the beach until we passed a small hotel. We crossed by their pool, walked around the front and found a taxi stand. Another $5, 10 minute cab ride and we were back at the dock ready for the tender. It is an absolutely gorgeous beach but there were no services there at all. You must bring your own snorkel equipment with you. The reef we swam to was about 100 yards off shore, but the current was very mild. It was definitely worth the swim! We saw a stingray and starfish. We also saw and fed many other fish! Be aware - when you feed the fish they come around you by the 100's, it seems. So if that will cause you a problem don't feed them or do it closer to shore. There is a grocery store not far away that our cab driver took us to for some snacks and we had lunch on the beach.

the snorkeling was awesome. Keep your eyes open for a Esso gas station that was destroyed by Ivan. Believe it or not that it where the reef is right behind the station. You can actually park down the street a bit at the public beach and walk to where the gas station is. The reef is just offshore, not even 3 feet into the water. Walk past the gas station until the reef has an opening you can enter. It is great, you never have to be in more than 5 feet of water and we saw so many fish, all sizes, shapes and colors! The beach itself is nice. a great spot and had amazing snorkeling right off shore. CemetaryBeach did have a small amount of shade, but remember, they had a MAJOR hurricane and much of the vegetation was compromised. The snorkeling right off that beach has been great every time we stayed in Grand Cayman.

Most of the properties that line the beach allow you to pass through to walk back to the main road. You can hail a taxi (about $5.oo US per person, or wait for a bus, 2.00 per person). If you are in good shape, you can even walk back to Georgetown along the road - which is a pleasant experience in and of itself.

We loved Cemetary Reef. I always take a taxi and then when I am ready to go home I head back to the main road in front of the cemetary and it is usually only a few minutes to flag down a taxi. or take a bus there for $2.50. Hop on at the library. I do not believe there are chairs for rent because it'a at a cemetary, not a hotel. I don't believe there is anything to rent or eat there. It is just past a cemetery, not in one. When you pass the cemetery you walk into a parking lot of a very small apartment complex. It has a wooden dock into 6-8 feet of water. We felt like we were trespassing, but all beaches in Grand Cayman are public.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHHHHHHH (In Phil Anselmo's singing voice 1990)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:27 am

WallieWallie wrote:
    Laura wrote:End up at an equivalent of Senor Frogs Cozumel and hang with cruise folk - last year was amazing - great times that even included disco dancing with some awesome German women I met there - woot! :lol:

I'll probably somewhere on the island with my GPS...just give me a call and the coordinates when the disco dancing is about to commence :lol:

Will do!!! Because OF COURSE, disco dancing takes priority over *any* other activity! :beerwink: :lol: :lol: And btw, WallieWallie - that Hues Corporation video of the classic "Rock the Boat" (how appropriate!!) you posted on fb is pure 70s gold! :D
    Need to watch again in fact :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBwsG8u ... ata_player
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Laura wrote:Tuup - horseback riding is great - I've done it quite a bit when travelling - especially great in mountains I think.

I always try to go for a ride on my holidays as well. Especially the Drakensberge in South-Africa were a great scene!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:38 pm

WizardBeast wrote:This link is super informative about grand cayman beaches, snorkeling, public transit, etc - 1st post:

Tack så mycket Weee-annon...as I might need some cheap transport for my GPS adventures. When I was preparing my GPS I found some interesting spots on the eastcoast. And also read something about a $70,- cabfare...or take bus #9. ;)

Laura wrote:Will do!!! Because OF COURSE, disco dancing takes priority over *any* other activity! :beerwink: :lol: :lol: And btw, WallieWallie - that Hues Corporation video of the classic "Rock the Boat" (how appropriate!!) you posted on fb is pure 70s gold! :D
    Need to watch again in fact :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBwsG8u ... ata_player

LOL...I heard that one pass by on the radio at work and had to think of you+cruise=facebookspam!!!
    June
    Petty Officer

by June » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

What is senor frogs?
    Bien-être: état d'esprit produit par la contemplation des ennuis d'autrui.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm

June wrote:What is senor frogs?

A chain of bars in Mexico. I'm assuming there's one in Georgetown too :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

After we have visited the Rum Distillery I would love to tag along with someone to go snorkeling. Should I buy my own equipment???
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    slaa
    Oiler

by slaa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I pre-booked this online (paid 20% deposit)... (NOT via Royal Caribbean). GRAND CAYMAN BUCCANEER STINGRAY CITY SNORKELING CATAMARAN $39 for 4 hrs. Booking Via the cruise ship, the price is about $75 or more. The pictures look amazing. Stingrays swim all around you. They supply squid as stingray food, snorkel equip, transportation. Can bring own drinks/booze on boat. Stop at 3 sites for snorkelling. Departs 10am near dock. ( check in 9:40am)
    http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/ ... amaran.htm .

Also there are 5 cruise ships in this tiny port the day we are there. More than usual. So if you want to book something, do it now. All the cheaper good stuff will be sold out. And the ship does not dock like in Cozumel last year. We are transported from anchored ship to dock by smaller boats, so don't forget to allow time.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 pm

slaa wrote:I pre-booked this online (paid 20% deposit)... (NOT via Royal Caribbean). GRAND CAYMAN BUCCANEER STINGRAY CITY SNORKELING CATAMARAN $39 for 4 hrs. Booking Via the cruise ship, the price is about $75 or more. The pictures look amazing. Stingrays swim all around you. They supply squid as stingray food, snorkel equip, transportation. Can bring own drinks/booze on boat. Stop at 3 sites for snorkelling. Departs 10am near dock. ( check in 9:40am)

Also there are 5 cruise ships in this tiny port the day we are there. More than usual. So if you want to book something, do it now. All the cheaper good stuff will be sold out. And the ship does not dock like in Cozumel last year. We are transported from anchored ship to dock by smaller boats, so don't forget to allow time.

Wow, that's way cheaper than the last catamaran tour I went on... I might seriously consider this, as it'd be very fun! and it'd still return with time enough for eatin' and hittin' the beach
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm

For those of you that are going to check out the stingrays or go snorkeling, enjoy:

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    AntonioRJ
    Crewman

by AntonioRJ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Does anyone know where is the best beach to snorkel and how to get there? I do not know if I should rent a car, catch a bus or look for a taxi ... I intend to stay the whole day relaxing on a beach and watching some fishes...
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 pm

AntonioRJ wrote:Does anyone know where is the best beach to snorkel and how to get there? I do not know if I should rent a car, catch a bus or look for a taxi ... I intend to stay the whole day relaxing on a beach and watching some fishes...

some snorkel info in this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2412
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:12 pm

AntonioRJ wrote:Does anyone know where is the best beach to snorkel and how to get there? I do not know if I should rent a car, catch a bus or look for a taxi ... I intend to stay the whole day relaxing on a beach and watching some fishes...

the island is SMALL. do NOT rent a car, it will cost too much. there are bus routes that go all over and so do taxis.

i posted a link earlier on this thread that will help.
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:14 pm

rockhound wrote:

some snorkel info in this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2412

also wizardbeast posted some great info about the island early today in this same thread, including snorkel spots:
    "Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm
    This link is super informative about grand cayman beaches, snorkeling, public transit, etc - 1st post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449552 "
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:52 am

More info on the busroutes can be found here.
    http://caymanislandsyp.com/Island/Getti ... ndex-2.php
    Heavy-D
    Oiler

by Heavy-D » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 am

i was trying to figure out what i wanted to do, i narrowed it down to boozing, lazy at the beach and probably visit the local tattoo shops
    http://www.totalworlddomination.eu
    https://www.facebook.com/Soundguybe

Cruising with Vomitory, Dark Funeral and Bodyfarm
    ---------------------------

I have two work speeds. If you don't like this one you're going to hate the other one.
    AntonioRJ
    Crewman

by AntonioRJ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 am

Nice!!!
    Ill check all the information, but I think that I ll look for a bus/taxi and go to the cemetery beach and stay there doing some snorkel and relaxing.
    People, do you know how much time we have on the island?
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 pm

slaa wrote:I pre-booked this online (paid 20% deposit)... (NOT via Royal Caribbean). GRAND CAYMAN BUCCANEER STINGRAY CITY SNORKELING CATAMARAN $39 for 4 hrs. Booking Via the cruise ship, the price is about $75 or more. The pictures look amazing. Stingrays swim all around you. They supply squid as stingray food, snorkel equip, transportation. Can bring own drinks/booze on boat. Stop at 3 sites for snorkelling. Departs 10am near dock. ( check in 9:40am)

This one does sound really good. I dont know if the Rum Distillery tour has already been booked, and now I dont know what to do.....
    Survivor of:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I was thinking about booking this one as well. I've been to the Tortuga Rum Factory, the turtle farm, the botanical gardens, Hell and toured the city, so I'm not particularly interested in repeating this. What I did NOT get to do was anything water or beach related, because our weather was terrible. We had scheduled the stingray swim, but just so y'all know, they cancel it if it's too windy (which was what happened to us).
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I hope to hear from Tuup soon. If has not booked the rum distillery yet, I will book this one (if its still possible). If the rum distillery has been booked, I will just search for a snorkeling tour at the island. Just in case I will buy some equipment tomorrow
    Survivor of:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Gnoff and those wanting to go to the brewery on the island.

Can take the bus for cheap (though it's supposed to look more like a van or shuttle bus)!

http://www.grandcayman4u.com/transport/buses.htm

The #3 bus..... Blue color...goes from George Town – Bodden Town
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm

gnoff wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:Gnoff and those wanting to go to the brewery on the island.

Can take the bus for cheap (though it's supposed to look more like a van or shuttle bus)!

http://www.grandcayman4u.com/transport/buses.htm

The #3 bus..... Blue color...goes from George Town – Bodden Town

sweet stuff!

thanks darlin!

They should run an extra tour for us. Fom what I remember on this forum we a quite a group that ist looking for the carebean beer expedition. :bangers:
    Last edited by mgrock on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Digimortal wrote:I hope to hear from Tuup soon. If has not booked the rum distillery yet, I will book this one (if its still possible). If the rum distillery has been booked, I will just search for a snorkeling tour at the island. Just in case I will buy some equipment tomorrow

i hear you can just rent snorkeling stuff too rather than lugging it around.
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:I hope to hear from Tuup soon. If has not booked the rum distillery yet, I will book this one (if its still possible). If the rum distillery has been booked, I will just search for a snorkeling tour at the island. Just in case I will buy some equipment tomorrow

i hear you can just rent snorkeling stuff too rather than lugging it around.

But I wonder if you can rent it everywhere. In one of the previous (long) posts there was a story that a lot of places did not have anything to rent
    Survivor of:
  • Post Reply 402 posts