Post Reply 252 posts
Before and After 70K - Holiday Plans
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

Before and After 70K - Holiday Plans

by raspberry*tart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Lots of us are coming from around the world for 70K and are turning it into a bigger holiday... What are your plans?!

We are coming from Sydney (via Brisbane) --> Los Angeles (18th Jan) - 2 day hop on hop off bus tour, Ice Hockey game, Universal Studios, Nightwish/Amorphis gig

LA --> Miami (22nd Jan) -pre party! :heavydrink: 70K, 1 day hop on hop off bus tour

Miami --> NYC (27h Jan) - 2 day hop on hop off bus tour, night bus tour, Ripley's, Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, Ghost tour at Grand Central Station, Laduree!!

NYC --> LA (30th Jan) - 2 days at Disneyland!

LA --> Sydney (2nd Feb, geting home 4th Feb)
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Before and After 70K - Holiday Plans

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Not all my plans are made yet, but this is it so far:

14th Jan - Dublin --> Philadelphia --> Seattle - arrive at 9pm :-( 15th & 16th I'm open for finding a gig and/or meeting up with other forumites / hanging out with my brother who lives there.

17th-18th Jan - Seattle --> Charlotte --> Boston - 18th & 19th not sure yet. 20th heading to Rochester to see Riot. 21st local Boston gig featuring a friend's band Seax.

22nd Jan - Boston --> Charlotte --> Miami - Preparty! / Cruise! / Afterparty (if it happens)

28th Jan - Miami --> Philadelphia --> Dublin - Home :-(

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    AntonioRJ
    Crewman

by AntonioRJ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Well,
    21th jan - Rio de Janeiro - Miami
    22th jan - I will spend some time to walk around the city .
    23th Jan - Cruise :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    27th and 28th - If I still have some money (I doubt) ,I ll find a good outlet to buy some stuff that are cheaper than in my country.
    29th - Back to Rio.
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Before - None

after - I plan on visiting Panther Ridge, a conservation centre for big cats. Heard from them a while ago and I am really interested in their work!
    Anyone want to join me??

http://www.pantherridgesanctuary.org/
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Digimortal wrote:Before - None

after - I plan on visiting Panther Ridge, a conservation centre for big cats. Heard from them a while ago and I am really interested in their work!
    Anyone want to join me??

Never heard of that before. Seems interesting :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

KevinP wrote:

Anyone want to join me??

I can agree. Thx. for the info site.
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 pm

KevinP wrote:

Anyone want to join me??

Thats what I thought. I just need to rent a car to get there.
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 pm

I arrive in Miami Friday 20th at Midnight, no plans for the 2 days in Miami except for the pre-party.

Miami to NYC on the 28th (Saturday) where I meet up with my sister, so far we have planed:
    Gossip Girl Tour
    Ferry to Staten Island
    Statue of Liberty
    Empire State Building
    Ground Zero
    Central Park
    Sex and the City Tour
    Broadway show
    Shopping tour
    Washington DC tour
    Rockerfella Plaza (ice skating)

Then we leave for home Thursday afternoon
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Lightning visit to the USA planned for us for 2012 :)

20th January 11.40am Friday - fly out of Brisbane

20th January 6.50am Friday - Arrive into LA. Staying at the Hilton LAX Friday and Saturday night.
    Nothing planned for Friday

21st January Saturday
    Nothing planned during the day.
    Attending Nightwish/Amorphis gig on Saturday night.

22nd January 7.00am Sunday - fly to Miami
    2.50pm arrive Miami
    No set plan - attend my mate Stuey's b'day, go to the pre-party, maybe both. Not sure yet!

27th January Friday
    SHOPPING!!!! Hit Mall of Americas and/or Dolphin Mall to get loot
    5.50pm - fly Miami to LA
    11.50pm - fly LA to Brisbane

29th January Sunday 7.50am - arrive back home in Brisbane.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Havent bought flight tickets to Miami yet, waiting for salary. We should arrive jan 19th 20th or 21st, depends whats cheapest
    We probably go to everglades and florida keys after the cruise. After that its only to start saving up money again for http://copenhell.dk/ then http://www.wacken.com and then http://www.metalcamp.com

Then reapeat for 2013 =9 :beerhorns:
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Fatum11 wrote:Gossip Girl Tour

That would be pretty awesome! I don't think I'll have time though. There is way too much to do! Too many awesome food places and Tiffany and Laduree!
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    20th January 6.50am Friday - Arrive into LA. Staying at the Hilton LAX Friday and Saturday night.

Probably sleep!! Sleep just feels like such a waste of time though! :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Not all my plans are made yet, but this is it so far:

14th Jan - Dublin --> Philadelphia --> Seattle - arrive at 9pm :-( 15th & 16th I'm open for finding a gig and/or meeting up with other forumites / hanging out with my brother who lives there.

17th-18th Jan - Seattle --> Charlotte --> Boston - 18th & 19th not sure yet. 20th heading to Rochester to see Riot. 21st local Boston gig featuring a friend's band Seax.

22nd Jan - Boston --> Charlotte --> Miami - Preparty! / Cruise! / Afterparty (if it happens)

I'm assuming Seax is Carmines band?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:13 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Probably sleep!! Sleep just feels like such a waste of time though! :lol:

Noooo way, no sleepage for me anyway!! First time spending leisure time in LA (flew into/out of LAX this year but never left the airport), and only the Friday and Saturday there, so I don't want to sleep through it :D

My lovely wife will probably want to sleep as much as possible though - any break away from our two squids she likes to try and get back some of her sleep deficit :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:19 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:Gossip Girl Tour

That would be pretty awesome! I don't think I'll have time though. There is way too much to do! Too many awesome food places and Tiffany and Laduree!

:lol: :lol:
    They only run the GG one on Weekends (including Fridays) at 12pm, which limits it even more, but we made it work in our schedule :cool:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Noooo way, no sleepage for me anyway!! First time spending leisure time in LA (flew into/out of LAX this year but never left the airport), and only the Friday and Saturday there, so I don't want to sleep through it :D

My lovely wife will probably want to sleep as much as possible though - any break away from our two squids she likes to try and get back some of her sleep deficit :P

I don't want to sleep but flying east is so hard! I'm going to try to sleep as much as I can on the flight and try to stay up. We leave 9am Sydney and arrive the same day around 6/7am.
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    They only run the GG one on Weekends (including Fridays) at 12pm, which limits it even more, but we made it work in our schedule :cool:

So exciting! Does it take you out to Brooklyn too?
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:48 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

So exciting! Does it take you out to Brooklyn too?

No unfortunatly I don't think so

http://www.screentours.com/tour.php/gossipgirl/
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 pm

before: be really excited
    after: be really depressed
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 pm

you are aware that Rochester, NY is a fairly long drive from Boston, right?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:41 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:Lots of us are coming from around the world for 70K and are turning it into a bigger holiday... What are your plans?!

We are coming from Sydney (via Brisbane) --> Los Angeles (18th Jan) - 2 day hop on hop off bus tour, Ice Hockey game, Universal Studios, Nightwish/Amorphis gig

LA --> Miami (22nd Jan) -pre party! :heavydrink: 70K, 1 day hop on hop off bus tour

Miami --> NYC (27h Jan) - 2 day hop on hop off bus tour, night bus tour, Ripley's, Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, Ghost tour at Grand Central Station, Laduree!!

NYC --> LA (30th Jan) - 2 days at Disneyland!

LA --> Sydney (2nd Feb, geting home 4th Feb)

Man, I'd give almost anything to hit the Gibson Amphitheater on my way down to Miami. If I'd had an extra grand and a half I would have, but this year's trip was decided to late and ill-planned. As much as I want to say next year, I doubt something like this will happen again. Oh well... I'll have to stalk you onbroad so you can tell me how amazing the show was!

We leave Edmonton for Miami at around 2:00 AM Sunday, spend the lunch hour in Minneapolis, land in Miami in late afternoon. Preparty looks unlikely for us, so we're probably just going to get some extra sleep in the day before so we can spend more time awake on the ship. We head back to the airport after the cruise, and arrive back in Edmonton around midnight on Friday. No other plans at all - this is a single goal trip for us, distractions aren't in the budget :P
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:48 pm

21st - Leave home Saturday morning and arrive in Orlando late that evening. Meet up with Kevin and certainly feast on stroopwafels and salmiak before crashing for the night.

22nd - Wake up with more stroopwafels then maybe some short Orlando touristy activity before driving to Miami. Stop on the way for Rock n' Roll Ribs and, hopefully, meet up with other forumites there. Then make the rest of the trek to Miami, drop off luggage someplace, check out the Beach Party and then head for the Pre-Party

23rd to 27th - Return to Valhalla!!

27th - Fly home
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Deathbringer wrote:before: be really excited
    after: be really depressed

This sounds pretty much like my plans :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 pm

21st Jan: arrive in Miami @ 19:35
    22nd Jan: beach party, pre-party
    23rd Jan - 27th Jan: tbc
    27th Jan - 3rd Feb: Miami, not sure yet what we're doing, except:
    28th Jan: my birthday, heavy drinking on South Beach
    3rd Feb: departure @ 18:00
    4th Feb: arrive in Helsinki @ 16:20

We rented a flat on Ocean Drive for the week after the cruise. Most likely we'll rent a car on Monday (and return it on Friday on our way to the airport) and go see some gators, the zoo and Rock'n'Roll Ribs. I don't want to make too tight a schedule.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 am

Before: New York (probably 3 days)
    After: Havana or Mexico City (or perhaps both, for one week)
    Still have to book the flights and hotels though.

Last year we rented a car in Miami and drove to San Francisco in 18 days (via New Orleans, San Antonio, Chiricahuah, Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, L.A. and Yosemite). Let's see whether we can still beat that :D
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 am

tenative plans are:
    las vegas, nv - last day of work jan, 17
    earliest flight jan 18, afternoonish, where i land is currently up to two free days and two different sets of friends living in FL.
    meet up with rnesta (will) and crew and crash at metal beach hostel last two nights before cruise..
    cruise :shred: :shred:
    get kicked off boat, fly immediately home and sleep for two days :lol: :lol: :givebeer:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:57 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

you are aware that Rochester, NY is a fairly long drive from Boston, right?

Yes! Road trip! :D Plus I'm not the one driving. According to my friends it's a 6 hour drive. I'll be sure to stock up on beer. :cheers:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 am

I arrive from Buenos Aires the afternoon before the cruise just in timt to go to the beach party and pre apocalyptic gig.

After returning to Miami:

Jan 27 to feb 2 I will be at Yucatan Penninsula visiting Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Puuc, Tulum. 5 days of Archeology and snorkeling

Feb 2 to Feb 12: Tucson Mineral and Gem show. (Tucson,AZ). Time to meet friends and try to get specimens for my collection.

Then back to Buenos Aires
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 am

(Jan 21) Fly out Pensacola, FL arrive Maimi, FL grab some food and waste some time
    (Jan 22) Meet fellow metal heads at pre-party :beerbang:
    (Jan 23) :viking: CRUISE TIME :viking:
    (Jan 27-28) Post-party :smash:
    (Jan 29) Fly back home and start saving money for Wacken and daydreaming about the cruise
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 am

Anyone want to join me??

That sounds really cool. Might want to tag along.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:11 am

rockhound wrote:Jan 27 to feb 2 I will be at Yucatan Penninsula visiting Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Puuc, Tulum. 5 days of Archeology and snorkeling

Wow! that sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do a pyramid trip, though I have seen several archaelogic zones separately. Enjoy!

rockhound wrote:Feb 2 to Feb 12: Tucson Mineral and Gem show. (Tucson,AZ). Time to meet friends and try to get specimens for my collection.

Nice! maybe we can meet up for a coffee or a beer one day, since I live in Tucson :)
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:42 am

rockhound wrote:I arrive from Buenos Aires the afternoon before the cruise just in timt to go to the beach party and pre apocalyptic gig.

After returning to Miami:

Jan 27 to feb 2 I will be at Yucatan Penninsula visiting Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Puuc, Tulum. 5 days of Archeology and snorkeling

Feb 2 to Feb 12: Tucson Mineral and Gem show. (Tucson,AZ). Time to meet friends and try to get specimens for my collection.

Then back to Buenos Aires

That sounds really cool! Chichen Itza is amazing!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 am

KDibildox wrote:
    rockhound wrote:Feb 2 to Feb 12: Tucson Mineral and Gem show. (Tucson,AZ). Time to meet friends and try to get specimens for my collection.

Nice! maybe we can meet up for a coffee or a beer one day, since I live in Tucson :)

You want to be one of the specimens in his collection? :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

You want to be one of the specimens in his collection? :shock:

Hah, maybe the other way around ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:01 am

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:You want to be one of the specimens in his collection? :shock:

Hah, maybe the other way around ;)

There's the MCM!

I'll add my specimens to your collection! :wank: :boobs:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: of course you will :lol:
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:22 am

metalgoddess wrote: Chichen Itza is amazing!

was more amazing when you could climb up the pyramid....

We arrive in Miami on Jan 20th, will spend there 3 Days doin anything anywhere...
    5 Hours after disembarking we fly to Montego Bay and stay 6 Nights in Negril/Jamaica. Nice musical contrast.
    on Feb 2nd back to Miami and on Feb 3rd back to Germany....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 am

Lala wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote: Chichen Itza is amazing!

was more amazing when you could climb up the pyramid....

We arrive in Miami on Jan 20th, will spend there 3 Days doin anything anywhere...
    5 Hours after disembarking we fly to Montego Bay and stay 6 Nights in Negril/Jamaica. Nice musical contrast.
    on Feb 2nd back to Miami and on Feb 3rd back to Germany....

DAMN YOU!@!!....Pack me in your suit case!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 am

EvilDan wrote:

Anyone want to join me??

Meant to mention that I spent a good bit of yesterday watching NatGeo Wild, as they were doing some kind of big cat marathon with Cougars, Mountain Lions, Cheetahs, etc. Hopefully, we could get a small group together. I wish their website was a little more specific on the cost of tours.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 am

EvilDan wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Anyone want to join me??

Meant to mention that I spent a good bit of yesterday watching NatGeo Wild, as they were doing some kind of big cat marathon with Cougars, Mountain Lions, Cheetahs, etc. Hopefully, we could get a small group together. I wish their website was a little more specific on the cost of tours.

AHEM......somebody mention Cougars? ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 252 posts