Post Reply 182 posts
Forum members meet up
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Forum members meet up

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:52 am

I though the muster was kick ass fun. I had a buzz by then and Amon Amarth were all standing around me. :) Very nice. :) Oh and Chuck Billy wandered out in the middle of it and was lost and could not find his station. LOL... HE looked blazed.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:55 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I though the muster was kick ass fun. I had a buzz by then and Amon Amarth were all standing around me. :) Very nice. :) Oh and Chuck Billy wandered out in the middle of it and was lost and could not find his station. LOL... HE looked blazed.

Yeah and everyone had the hey chant going. That was one of the most memorable moments of the cruise I though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:55 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I though the muster was kick ass fun. I had a buzz by then and Amon Amarth were all standing around me. :) Very nice. :) Oh and Chuck Billy wandered out in the middle of it and was lost and could not find his station. LOL... HE looked blazed.

LOL! i'm sure he was!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 am

Stained Class wrote:

Yeah and everyone had the hey chant going. That was one of the most memorable moments of the cruise I though.

I thought the muster drill was great. I recall one of the crew members getting the deer in the headlights look with an, "Oh crap! I gotta deal with these people all week?" expression. Little did he know how great we'd be. :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:06 am

Sue and I were among the first out there, it took way too long to get all 2000 metal heads on deck.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 am

STACH100 wrote:Sue and I were among the first out there, it took way too long to get all 2000 metal heads on deck.

us too - that international line was REALLY long....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 am

Amanda and I will be there as well!

Looking forward to seeing you returning maniacs again and meeting some vets who I never got to meet as well as the newbies who frequent the forum! :bmhorns:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 am

onenight wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:"DragonLordJones wrote:
    so pool deck right, bar opposite the stage after the muster drill ??? give or take the time to get there and grab a drink ............................... someone bring their camera or two, we may need a very large group shot.

Forum folks encouraged, all others welcome to a meet up. this works for me, how about the rest of you?
    :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer: STACH how about your opinion as this is your suggestion?
    sounds like a good plan to me!

yup, sounds good! :bangers:

I will be there with bier in hand. :beerwink:

Great! I'll be there too - but don't know yet whether I'll have beer, whisky or vodka. :party:
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

I thought the muster drill was great. I recall one of the crew members getting the deer in the headlights look with an, "Oh crap! I gotta deal with these people all week?" expression. Little did he know how great we'd be. :mrgreen:

Aren’t most Muster drills done WITH the life vests in hand? :cry:
    As I remember they just had us stand out on the deck and pointed to the life boats. No life vests for this motley crue of cruisers. LOL :lol:
    I remember a couple of people asking aren’t we suppose to have a live vest? :roll: :shock:
    I have to agree with mooyagi on the crew looking at us like “deer in the headlights” look. LOL :shock: :lol: :roll:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Michael D. wrote:Aren’t most Muster drills done WITH the life vests in hand? :cry:
    As I remember they just had us stand out on the deck and pointed to the life boats. No life vests for this motley crue of cruisers. LOL :lol:
    I remember a couple of people asking aren’t we suppose to have a live vest? :roll: :shock:
    I have to agree with mooyagi on the crew looking at us like “deer in the headlights” look. LOL :shock: :lol: :roll:

I guess they figured just getting us to go on the deck was enough of a victory :lol:
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:Aren’t most Muster drills done WITH the life vests in hand? :cry:

I guess they figured just getting us to go on the deck was enough of a victory :lol:

Or more likely..... they figured if the boat were sinking, they'd be better off if the rest of us just drowned....
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 pm

stoverkill wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Or more likely..... they figured if the boat were sinking, they'd be better off if the rest of us just drowned....

That too :lol:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Also, aren't the life vests in the rooms or something? It would have meant we'd have to leave the bar, go to our rooms first. That wasn't going to happen.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Dennis Karuso
    Oiler

by Dennis Karuso » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Dennis Karuso wrote:That would be cool and i`ll be there !

For sure you will recognize me - I`m the guy with the crutches :lol:

See ya next month :shred:

sorry about your accident - hope you can get around ok and not be in too much pain by cruise time!

Thx, have to train every day at the rehab and hope to get well soon. I CAN`T miss the cruise !!!
    Ok, dancing and headbang in the pit isn`t possible for me but hanging around with all you guys, singing at the karaoke bar and have a booze shouldn`t be a problem :cheers:
    2011 - Cabin 2012
    2012 - Cabin 2029
    2013 - Cabin 2545

What the hell Did You Do this Winter ?
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Also, aren't the life vests in the rooms or something? It would have meant we'd have to leave the bar, go to our rooms first. That wasn't going to happen.

aaah so you didn't pay any attention during the mandatory drill to? :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Also, aren't the life vests in the rooms or something? It would have meant we'd have to leave the bar, go to our rooms first. That wasn't going to happen.

Um... no :?

I figured I would wait until the boat was sinking and then figure it out, because it's so unlikely to happen. Although now I think about it, because it's 2000 metalheads, it's actually a lot more likely to happen.

Meh :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

I figured I would wait until the boat was sinking and then figure it out, because it's so unlikely to happen. Although now I think about it, because it's 2000 metalheads, it's actually a lot more likely to happen.

Figure I'll just wait until some people drown and float on the dead bodies :deathhorns:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm

I argued with them for 10 mins when i was drunk.Pointing out that i had been on many Swedish cruises
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

LOL, me and wendy made some new friends during that drill :lol:

Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

I was in Majesty's sister ship when she ran aground outside off St.Maarten, she was sinking so fast, they turned around and put her on the beach so she wouldn't.

Not to freak you all out, but shit do happen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Monarch ... t._Maarten
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:viking:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Tyr wrote:I was in Majesty's sister ship when she ran aground outside off St.Maarten, she was sinking so fast, they turned around and put her on the beach so she wouldn't.

Read this. Pretty sure we'll be fine if we get the same guy at the helm as last time :lol:

In 2007, Monarch became the first major cruiseliner in the world to be captained by a woman, the Swede Karin Stahre Janson, who remained the only one until 2010 when the British captain Sarah Breton took charge of MS Artemis
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tyr wrote:I was in Majesty's sister ship when she ran aground outside off St.Maarten, she was sinking so fast, they turned around and put her on the beach so she wouldn't.

Read this. Pretty sure we'll be fine if we get the same guy at the helm as last time :lol:

In 2007, Monarch became the first major cruiseliner in the world to be captained by a woman, the Swede Karin Stahre Janson, who remained the only one until 2010 when the British captain Sarah Breton took charge of MS Artemis

Swedish broads = :wank:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Tyr wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

I was in Majesty's sister ship when she ran aground outside off St.Maarten, she was sinking so fast, they turned around and put her on the beach so she wouldn't.

Not to freak you all out, but shit do happen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Monarch ... t._Maarten

If that happens on our cruise, no ones leaving. I don't care if we're only 20ft out of the port. :D
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Belive it or not, but I was at the helm......just kidding, they wouldn't let me, it was only my 4th day onboard, but I was on the bridge.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 pm

With any luck, we'll run aground on a deserted island with a fully functioning power system and will create our fantastical metal island that was discussed on here a while back
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Tyr wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tyr wrote:Belive it or not, but I was at the helm......just kidding, they wouldn't let me, it was only my 4th day onboard, but I was on the bridge.

Okay... As soon as we leave port, we have to keep Tyr good n drunk and THE HELL AWAY from the bridge!! :lol:

soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Tyr wrote:Not to freak you all out, but shit do happen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Monarch ... t._Maarten

Well we are lucky to have the less cursed ship (seems the MS Monarch has a history). I'd be more freaked of dying via hydrogen sulfide but they don't make drills for that one. :lol:

I am down for the meet up.
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tyr wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:quote]

Okay... As soon as we leave port, we have to keep Tyr good n drunk and THE HELL AWAY from the bridge!! :lol:

Yes, thats the best thing to do, for everyone
    :lol: :smash: :shots: :givebeer:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Sweet! I'll definitely be there :mrgreen:

Eternity wrote:I'll have my camera with me, I can do a panoramic shot if we have too many people for one frame.

I intend to max out my SD card. Don't know if that will happen though, I haven't yet determined whether I take more or fewer photos when drinking. :stagger:

I usually put my camera away once I intend to seriously drink. It's pretty big
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

That is why I love my 14 megapixel Casio, it is the size of a credit card.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I hope we have one of those onbroad fires that disables the ship for a week (after all the bands have played, of course), and we get to stay at seas longer and then get compensation!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:03 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I hope we have one of those onbroad fires that disables the ship for a week (after all the bands have played, of course), and we get to stay at seas longer and then get compensation!

As long as no one got hurt that would be pretty sweet!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I hope we have one of those onbroad fires that disables the ship for a week (after all the bands have played, of course), and we get to stay at seas longer and then get compensation!

As long as no one got hurt that would be pretty sweet!

yes, just an extra week at sea!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:50 am

Copied from my post in the 70K Schedule thread

Captain Metal wrote:Now, it seems a few things are missing from this list of activities that the new guy came up with, so let me help flesh this out a bit more:

MONDAY JAN 23 Members Meetup
    Where: Boleros Lounge 4pm
    Members attending: 2

Just a sidenote to this that I'll also post in the Members Meetup thread.

If I'm not mistaken, we should be well on our way out to sea by 4 pm so, theoretically, having a meetup at the pool deck bar 20 minutes after the muster drill and another at 4 pm at Boleros should BOTH work.

The only reason I mention this in this context is to avoid confusion as Stach's original idea that started his Meetup thread was just for Boleros but then morphed to the pool deck. For anyone not paying close attention to both threads, it might be easy to get these 2 mixed up. I suggest we put BOTH on the list of activities so people can choose to go to one, the other or both and we'll avoid having people confused and thinking there's just one meetup with 2 locations.

Make sense or am I just creating more confusion? :lol:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 am

STACH100 wrote:That is why I love my 14 megapixel Casio, it is the size of a credit card.

i've got an even smaller camera :lol:
    Last edited by Dutchguy-Tim on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:22 am

KDibildox wrote:Sweet! I'll definitely be there :mrgreen:

Eternity wrote:I'll have my camera with me, I can do a panoramic shot if we have too many people for one frame.

I intend to max out my SD card. Don't know if that will happen though, I haven't yet determined whether I take more or fewer photos when drinking. :stagger:

That's probably a good idea since you tend to drop things :lol:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 am

KDibildox wrote:I usually put my camera away once I intend to seriously drink. It's pretty big

So you DO intend to "seriously drink"? :beerwink:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:58 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Sweet! I'll definitely be there :mrgreen:

That's probably a good idea since you tend to drop things :lol:

:P Just cell phones :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 am

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:I usually put my camera away once I intend to seriously drink. It's pretty big

Don't know yet, I will see once I'm there :mrgreen:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:02 am

KDibildox wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Don't know yet, I will see once I'm there :mrgreen:

I'll bring the funnel :lol:
  • Post Reply 182 posts