Post Reply 170 posts
Rideshares to hotels/hostels from airports
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Rideshares to hotels/hostels from airports

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 pm

I remember the biggest delay -- by far -- during debark last year and the year before was the line at Customs. Getting off the ship and collecting baggage wasn't a big deal, but Port Everglades' Customs STINKS.

Still, I think we were on the shuttle and back to the hotel to pick up my car by around 10:30.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:27 am

Ecliptica wrote:Getting into Fort Lauderdale at 4:30 on Sunday, but my dumb-fucking-cabinmate couldn't get on that flight and won't be arriving until midnight on Sunday, so I'm just going to be chilling at the airport/around Ft. Lauderdale the entire day, possibly sleep at the airport that night, and just go straight to the port in the morning.

Wompwomp, missin' the pre-party.

Umm,.- may be I'm the only one who spotted this, but if your friend is arriving at midnight on the Sunday you'll have a good couple of days or so before the pre-party even starts. Or am I going totally bonkers here? it is the night before the cruise, right?

As an aside, - we're arriving in Miami at 14:40 (Local time) on Sunday the 29th going to Hallandale beach area
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 am

AceHugger wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:Getting into Fort Lauderdale at 4:30 on Sunday, but my dumb-fucking-cabinmate couldn't get on that flight and won't be arriving until midnight on Sunday, so I'm just going to be chilling at the airport/around Ft. Lauderdale the entire day, possibly sleep at the airport that night, and just go straight to the port in the morning.

Umm,.- may be I'm the only one who spotted this, but if your friend is arriving at midnight on the Sunday you'll have a good couple of days or so before the pre-party even starts. Or am I going totally bonkers here? it is the night before the cruise, right?

As an aside, - we're arriving in Miami at 14:40 (Local time) on Sunday the 29th going to Hallandale beach area

Go look at how old some of the posts in this thread are ;)
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:25 am

klons wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:

Go look at how old some of the posts in this thread are ;)

Dammit. I'm such a dick.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Pellaz wrote:I remember the biggest delay -- by far -- during debark last year and the year before was the line at Customs. Getting off the ship and collecting baggage wasn't a big deal, but Port Everglades' Customs STINKS.

Still, I think we were on the shuttle and back to the hotel to pick up my car by around 10:30.

They have Gobal Entry now ,which is awesome,I used it at BWI Airport not only do you not speak to a custom agent or stand in line,you don't even put your bags though a screener.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I arrive in FLL terminal 1 at 5:30 pm on Jan. 31. Would like to share a ride to the Clevelander or South Beach area!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • AhadBaten
    Wiper

by AhadBaten » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 am

renting a car is much good option. you can rent a car from finalrentals in cheap price .... :viking:
    Investment in travel is an investment in yourself
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 am

metalgoddess wrote:I arrive in FLL terminal 1 at 5:30 pm on Jan. 31. Would like to share a ride to the Clevelander or South Beach area!

I'm there 7pm
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:58 am

AhadBaten wrote:renting a car is much good option. you can rent a car from finalrentals in cheap price .... :viking:

But can't drive when drunk
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 am

My brother and I land in FLL on the 30th at around 8:30, I think at Terminal 3. We'll probably be taking an Uber to Miami
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
Post Reply 170 posts