Post Reply 427 posts
A note for all you 1st timers & "shy people"
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: A note for all you 1st timers & "shy people"

by Mal2000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 am

so.....
    I am old but newbie to 70k TOM, I am female half Polish, half Dutch living in Switzerland and yes, I am shy before 3 drinks.
    Looking forward to meeting you all. :heavydrink:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 am

Mal2000 wrote:so.....
    I am old but newbie to 70k TOM, I am female half Polish, half Dutch living in Switzerland and yes, I am shy before 3 drinks.

Welcome :cheers:

I was in Lausanne once or twice before. It was 'interesting'. I don't think I'll go back :P

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 am

Ravenlord wrote:

I was in Lausanne once or twice before. It was 'interesting'. I don't think I'll go back :P

THX.
    Have you visited Backstage Bar or Les Docks? worth doing so whilst in Lausanne
    :shots:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

THX.

Here's photos of 2 bars me and Paul were in Lausanne.I think the second one might be this backstage bar you speak of.

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

THX.

Backstage Bar sounds familiar so I was probably there. We got kicked out of one bar there for demanding that we drink from Das Boot and trying to pay in foreign currencies and generally just annoying the bartenders. :D

I had a friend living in Lausanne which was the reason for visiting but she now lives in Zurich so that is where I usually visit these days.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 am

Hell yeah. It is Backstage :viking: our temple
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:59 am

Sayas Irony wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    tommo76 wrote:As I am a newbie as well and also tend to be a bit shy, I am really glad to hear that. So I hope I will be able to get in touch with some of you on the boat. And if I am really feeling to shy, there is still enough beer on board. :belly:

Well, you know Thomas - you can always lasso me into a conversation about Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree or Spock's Beard. :cheers: :beerwink:

Ditto for me! Well, mainly about Opeth, Pain of Salvation and maybe a little bit Porcupine Tree. Laura told me that there will be another one of us rare PoS fans on board and from Düsseldorf as well. So greetings to you Thomas from an also first-timer!
    :cheers:

PS.: And I think I'll try the anti-shy / pro-beer tactics, too :lol:

Yep, Sayas Irony - Thomas is the guy I mentioned to you another time. :heavydrink: Since you're both from Dusseldorf - maybe you'll end up recognizing each other! I know that in Chicago, I see a lot of the same people at shows - especially at the small venues.

See you all very soon! (and I like the "pro-beer tactic" idea - always effective. :beerwink: :belly: :lol: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:44 am

biertroll wrote:
    Skwizgar wrote:I vote we stand our ground and fight all trolls to the death.
    :viking:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

biertrolls can stay :lol:

Ravenlord wrote:Backstage Bar sounds familiar so I was probably there. We got kicked out of one bar there for demanding that we drink from Das Boot and trying to pay in foreign currencies and generally just annoying the bartenders. :D

This is why nobody likes the Irish :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 am

Sayas Irony wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    tommo76 wrote:As I am a newbie as well and also tend to be a bit shy, I am really glad to hear that. So I hope I will be able to get in touch with some of you on the boat. And if I am really feeling to shy, there is still enough beer on board. :belly:

Well, you know Thomas - you can always lasso me into a conversation about Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree or Spock's Beard. :cheers: :beerwink:

Ditto for me! Well, mainly about Opeth, Pain of Salvation and maybe a little bit Porcupine Tree. Laura told me that there will be another one of us rare PoS fans on board and from Düsseldorf as well. So greetings to you Thomas from an also first-timer!

PS.: And I think I'll try the anti-shy / pro-beer tactics, too :lol:

@ Laura: I surely will do that. :heavydrink: And I am sure I will be able to open my mouth once I am there, I guess I am just a bit shy in the beginning. Maybe later everyone wants me to finally shut up. :D

@Sayas Irony: Hey, another person from Düsseldorf. That's great. And also with a really good taste in music. :heavydrink:

And i might go for the pro-beer tactic as well.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 am

:lol: Aren't we all shy before three drinks? Anyway, I too am a metal vetran with this being my first cruise, but with this many meatlheads on board, I fail to see how anybody (even the sober) could remain shy.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    kCJ
    Crewman

by kCJ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 am

Surt wrote:If you are from NRW you must be a fool. ;) Are you more the Cologne one or Dusseldorf? Where do you live now? I'm from Hanover, that is north from NRW also. But I bet you live more around Hamburg or Bremen, right?

I come from near Ost-Westfalen Lippe. I was born in Paderborn, just at the frontier to Ostwestfalen. :shock: :mrgreen:
    I moved to the near of HH. ;) And here the say: everthing, wich is under the Elbe on the map is a Bavarian. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;)

But I feel more than a cologne women, I love the german carnival there, but never been there. :cry:

But I won a lot of prices where I lived with my self made costumes. :cool:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

kCJ wrote:
    Surt wrote:If you are from NRW you must be a fool. ;) Are you more the Cologne one or Dusseldorf? Where do you live now? I'm from Hanover, that is north from NRW also. But I bet you live more around Hamburg or Bremen, right?

I come from near Ost-Westfalen Lippe. I was born in Paderborn, just at the frontier to Ostwestfalen. :shock: :mrgreen:
    I moved to the near of HH. ;) And here the say: everthing, wich is under the Elbe on the map is a Bavarian. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;)

But I feel more than a cologne women, I love the german carnival there, but never been there. :cry:

But I won a lot of prices where I lived with my self made costumes. :cool:

I hear they have quite regular hair metal parties in Koln but never been to one 'yet'
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:37 pm

welcome, hope to meet you also! :viking:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    biertroll wrote:
    Skwizgar wrote:I vote we stand our ground and fight all trolls to the death.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

biertrolls can stay :lol:

:D :D :D
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Sayas Irony wrote:Oh, I hope so! As long as I won't be too tired for recognizing them
    (would be helpful if they wear some bandshirts or other obviously clothes...) >> :death:

I'll be the guy in the band shirt on the cruise. Easy to spot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Ogre wrote:
    Sayas Irony wrote:Oh, I hope so! As long as I won't be too tired for recognizing them
    (would be helpful if they wear some bandshirts or other obviously clothes...) >> :death:

I'll be the guy in the band shirt on the cruise. Easy to spot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice! I'm going to bring one too, hopefully we don't wear them on the same day. If it helps - I'm the guy with the long hair.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Eternity wrote:
    Ogre wrote:

Nice! I'm going to bring one too, hopefully we don't wear them on the same day. If it helps - I'm the guy with the long hair.

Agreed, that would be totally embarrassing. People would think we're twins that our weird parents dress alike. :lol: :shred:
    2023 - Hypo & RC
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Welcome lurkers!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:02 pm

BUMP, as I don't like to see my "baby" near the bottom of the 1st page.

And you know my thoughts on the 2nd page already (no pun intended) :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:52 am

Packing advice for 1st timers..... :cheers:
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 am

Knowing Kevin he's going to ask you to unpack the clothes and bring more vegemite. :lol:

EDIT: Actually, he won't be "asking" but "demanding".
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 am

I don't think the crisps (potato chips) are gonna make it intact actually but I'll try. Anything for Kev :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    Sayas Irony
    Oiler

by Sayas Irony » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 am

Eternity wrote:
    Ogre wrote:

:lol:
    I don't think that many of us 70.000 Tons cruisers will fly at 19th from Berlin ^^
    Don't worry we'll find us... despite or because of the bandshirts!

metal_steve wrote:Image

Packing advice for 1st timers..... :cheers:

Yuck! Once tasted it in New Zealand... sheer torment!! :lol:
    There's nothing like NUTELLA!!
    Please don't bash me for my opinion... :lol:
    www.metal.tm
    WE SUPPORT METAL
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 am

Mmmmmmm Nutella. Fortunately that stuff is readily available in the states. Kevin would be all about it if you couldn't get it here, but he probably hates it since it tastes good and is common in the US.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 am

Sayas Irony wrote:There's nothing like NUTELLA!!

Hell yeah! Vegemite has a serious contender there :cheers:

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 am

Memnoch wrote:Knowing Kevin he's going to ask you to unpack the clothes and bring more vegemite. :lol:

EDIT: Actually, he won't be "asking" but "demanding".

Good point. Pack those chips in a cardboard box, then place the box into your luggage. Heck, bring a 2nd suitcase if that's what it takes. :mrgreen:

And why am I seeing only 1 bag of chips in that photo :? :? :? :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 am

Sayas Irony wrote:Yuck! Once tasted it in New Zealand... sheer torment!! :lol:
    There's nothing like NUTELLA!!

Can't bash you for that! You have exquisite taste :beerwink:
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:56 am

Nutella makes my life.

I dunno, I think I'm going to have to try vegemite. Autolysed brewer's yeast extract just sounds hard to pass up...

Kevin, what does it actually taste like?
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 am

Eternity wrote:Nutella makes my life.

I dunno, I think I'm going to have to try vegemite. Autolysed brewer's yeast extract just sounds hard to pass up...

Hmm, Marmite if you've had that. Otherwise, just a very rich and pungent yeasty salty paste. It's definitely a love/hate kinda thing. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Eternity wrote:Nutella makes my life.

Hmm, Marmite if you've had that. Otherwise, just a very rich and pungent yeasty salty paste. It's definitely a love/hate kinda thing. :mrgreen:

I gathered it was like Marmite, never had that either. Salty I had guessed. Trying to think of the yeasty part. Like uncooked bread dough? Or just really strong sourdough or something?
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Eternity wrote:Trying to think of the yeasty part. Like uncooked bread dough? Or just really strong sourdough or something?

It doesn't have a RAW smell, kinda more of a deep, rich, burnt yeast smell (if that makes any sense at all). Hopefully an Aussie can chime in with their viewpoint :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Vegemite tasted like salt to me...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Stained Class wrote:Vegemite tasted like salt to me...

Then you can just as well use salt :mrgreen:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Tyr wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Vegemite tasted like salt to me...

Then you can just as well use salt :mrgreen:

The texture was a little better :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • sanneke
    Wiper

by sanneke » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:43 pm

It will be our first metalcruise to. I am looking forward to it. Sorry for my english its not so good! I hope to meet some new people and have a great time but I am almost sure off it. Hopefully there are more people from belgium onboard but I dit not see any on this forum. I can't wait to go to sunny Miami. See you all soon!!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

sanneke wrote:It will be our first metalcruise to. I am looking forward to it. Sorry for my english its not so good! I hope to meet some new people and have a great time but I am almost sure off it. Hopefully there are more people from belgium onboard but I dit not see any on this forum. I can't wait to go to sunny Miami. See you all soon!!!

WELCOME ABROAD!.......don't even worry about your English.....its better than most the Americans on here...so you fit right in!....see ya in a couple weeks!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:58 pm

sanneke wrote:It will be our first metalcruise to. I am looking forward to it. Sorry for my english its not so good! I hope to meet some new people and have a great time but I am almost sure off it. Hopefully there are more people from belgium onboard but I dit not see any on this forum. I can't wait to go to sunny Miami. See you all soon!!!

2023 - Hypo & RC
  • sanneke
    Wiper

by sanneke » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 pm

thanks!

yeah beer is never any problem for us :D

How do you put your picture here? :?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcome! :cheers: There are a few Belgians on the forum. Maybe try searching for Belgium or Belgian. In between all the bier discussion you should find a couple of forumites from your land.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 pm

DON'T be SHY!!!!.....STOP and say HI!!!!!....that is all
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 427 posts