Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1
My Dying Bride interview
    cowboy71
    Commander

My Dying Bride interview

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:05 pm

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=4148

Couple of interesting snippets of information:

Will you consider to play that long track ever live?
    (laughs) Well, it will be difficult obviously. It definitely will not be performed at the festivals, but we are playing the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise and we are going to play five minutes of it. We have to play two shows: one show on the way out on the cruise and one show on the return journey. On the way out, we are going to perform the first five minutes of ‘Barghest’ and on the way back we are going to end the show with the last five minutes of ‘Barghest’. So, that is already ten minutes of it, should be quite nice. It is just a difficult song to play live. If somebody should not like it, they have to do something else for half an hour. We can introduce it in parts in the show, but is unlikely to do the full song all the way through, but you never know.

That 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise must be something special, isn’t it?
    I never heard of it before until earlier this year and I thought: that’s kind of strange. But we spoke to some of the other bands who played there and they all said it was great. It is quite common for bands to fly over and do the shows in Mexico first, because lots of bands doing the cruise ship will also play in Mexico. You fly over, do Mexico, join the cruise, have a day off at an island in the Bahamas and then you get on the cruise ship back to Florida. Very unusual, I am not sure how the dark music of My Dying Bride is going to work, but we will see. There are many European bands, I guess it is a good way to see many European bands in one time without going to Europe for American people. The bands are very diverse, so we deliver what we can deliver and hope that people will like it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

Re: My Dying Bride interview

by nekrobarr » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Awesome!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm all wet-n-giggly over this. Those parts of the EP are the heavy and brutal ones. It warms my heart with such joy. Image

And Aaron mentioned how they are going to really have to play North and South American in 2012 after the new album is released.

Oh the humanity :shock: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :shock:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Cool, thanks for the info. I only listened to the EP once though. I am hoping they get a really long set. Would love to hear some tracks from "A line of deathless kings".
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm listening to the EP at the moment. Love it :)

Really like how they've obviously put a lot of thought into how they are going to structure their sets. Cannot wait to check 'em out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Can't wait to see MDB!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 pm

ive been waiting about 13 years to see this band live this is gonna be fucking amazing
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:51 am

Seen them twice and am trying to catch both sets onbroad. Will be cool to hear/see Barghest played live.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 am

Hamish has already quashed this on FB this morning. Apparently it was idea being thrown around but they won't be doing it.

Could he be messing with me? Maybe, but by his tone he appeared serious. So I guess the interview was a few weeks ago and they have decided against it.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:MY DYING BRIDE !!!!!!!!

One of my favorites 70k bands :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Welcome back! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 am

I listened to Barghest... for the first time last night - and then 3 more times today. Now I Wish they'd just play the whole song!
    I think that'd be fine, if they only played it in one of their two sets. Figure I'll try to see them twice anyway.

Is here, if you haven't heard it yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGG9Nmf2gA
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:27 am

So excited to see them!
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 am

KevinP wrote:I'm all wet-n-giggly over this. Those parts of the EP are the heavy and brutal ones. It warms my heart with such joy. Image

And Aaron mentioned how they are going to really have to play North and South American in 2012 after the new album is released.

Oh the humanity :shock: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :shock:

I tried to get barghest from Amazon... then a few days later they said they could not get it for me.... I'm like if Amazon doesn't have it, how the fuck do I get it? didn't really try again though because I've been listening to so much other shit including other MDB albums I got recently.

FUCK YEAH!!!! :death:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 am

Directly from peaceville is how I get all their releases
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 am

hah, I guess they would have to have it or they would be a super shitty label. how much, $12? $15?

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1