Post Reply 91 posts
Will you see _____ ?
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

Will you see _____ ?

by Whiskeyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:12 am

Looks like I missed the general discussion as the bands were announced, to the tune of 165 pages. Seriously, 165 pages? That's what's usually called a book. Damnit but I'm not reading that.

I figure it's virtually impossible to see every band, right? Gotta heave a few over the side. So - will you see band X, or not?

I'd say...

Alestorm - They're sort of silly no? Ahhh silly is fun though! I bet they're a laugh live. I bet they're a huge laugh live, drunk, and on a boat. 100%.
    Amorphis - One of my absolute favorite bands. Looking forward to seeing them more than any other band. Can't wait!
    Annihilator - Not overly excited about them, but I have a sneaky suspicion I'll see one of their sets.
    Atheist - Yes. Obviously.
    Cannibal Corpse - I haven't been interested in this band for a very, very long time... but I'm still looking forward to seeing them.
    Channel Zero - Without evil, there can be no good. Without crap, there can be no awesome. Without Channel Zero, there can be no time to take a crap and buy some awesome merch.
    Children of Bodom - Nah.
    Coroner - When they announced Coroner, I shit my pants so bad that it somehow ruined every pair of underwear I had. Every. Fucking. Pair. Must see.
    Crowbar - My "meh" to their announcement was thunderous. Unlikely to see.
    Dark Funeral - Don't much care for these guys. But my best buddy is a massive fan. I can't wait to see them just so I can stick it to him after. Talk about motivation! :lol:
    Eluveitie - Dear Eluveitie. Please, pleasepleaseplease, stick to the old stuff. Even if you don't, I'll probably still enjoy your set. But please. You know what? Just play Spirit in its entirety. Thanks.
    Exciter - ...I am not.
    God Dethroned - Right, I love this band, and it being one of their last shows and my first chance to see them... magic waiting to happen now isn't it.
    Grave Digger - Yeah... maybe.
    Hammerfall - Yeah... probably not.
    In Extremo - I'd see them, but I'm not sure that I'd make it a point to do so.
    Kamelot - Well, if I have nothing better to do.
    Kataklysm - What are the odds they'll play "Whirlwind of Withered Blossoms"? Because that would be fucking excellent.
    Moonsorrow - Yeah they disappointed me with Varjoina... all the same... gods I can't wait to see them. Expecting a highlight here.
    My Dying Bride - Looking forward to them a lot! I've probably been listening to them more over the last few months than any other band on the boat, so I'm expecting a good show.
    Nightwish - ...lunch time? Oh they'll probably play later in the day, yeah? ...dinner time?
    Orphaned Land - A band I've always meant to check out more by, but haven't. Will want to see them for sure.
    Overkill - Feeling more like I should check them out, as opposed to actually wanting to.
    Pestilence - Yeah, gotta see this one.
    Pretty Maids - Why?
    Riot - Only passingly familiar, but I know they're good. Will probably see.
    Samael - Quality right there. Wouldn't miss them.
    Stratovarius - Might go to see some flashy guitar. Or not.
    Suffocation - Yes. Yes I want to see Suffocation. I want to scream out lyrics from Pierced From Within and bounce the fuck around. Yes I do.
    Tankard - Fuck me but I love Tankard. That's going to rule.
    Therion - I'd have been thrilled to see Therion... a decade ago. Now? Maaaaayyyyybe.
    Tristania - You see the one they've singing for them now? Yeah, worth seeing.
    Venom - In all seriousness: is there ANYBODY going on this cruise who does not want to see Venom?
    Virgin Steele - I always hated this band. Of course, I hadn't heard them since like 1999. So a few weeks back, my mate made me listen to an album of theirs. House of Atreus 1. Now I want to see some epic Greek myth songs live. "For honour! For Zeus! For xenia! For truth!" Fuck yeah that's the good shit.
    Whiplash - Should be fun. It is known.

So that's the plan!
    Plan B: just get drunk and watch whoever's playing at any given time. :lol:
  • Metalwrath

Re: Will you see _____ ?

by Metalwrath » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 am

I'm going with plan b myself
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 am

Just made my High-Med-Low priority list, last year I saw 25 bands and of those I think I saw 8 or 10 twice. This year is shaping up to be a little tougher, I have a lot more High and Med priority bands so I will probably see fewer twice.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 am

Yeah, I have no clue who I'm going to see. Even once I get a gameplan together once the set times come out, there are going to be deviations from that as random shenanigans arise.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:56 am

Yeah I have no clue who I will see ... i had an almost fool proof plan last year (so I thought) to see each band at least once, but do to random encounters, drinking, and scheduled times and seeing double sets from bands I didn't know or plan on seeing twice, but their first set was just so awesome had to check out their second) didn't come close to keeping my plans.

this year there are a few bands I wanna check out (some I don't know to well) and a couple I really wanna see at least once
    Overkill, Coroner, Atheist, Orphaned Land, Eluveitie, In Extremo, Samael, Grave Digger & Riot I guess top the list and possibly God Dethroned as this may be the last time they play and to have the bragging rights to say I was there ;) :shock: (not a band I know much about) :beerhorns:
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 am

Alestorm - Definitely. I got into them a couple months before they were announced, I was thrilled to see them on. I'll be there, rum in hand, at least once, ideally twice.
    Amorphis - Need to look into this more. I'm likely to check them out though.
    Annihilator - Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I'd like to see them for historical relevance. And hey, I might really like the show.
    Atheist - Doubt it.
    Cannibal Corpse - Definite no for me.
    Channel Zero - Not too interested. Snack time.
    Children of Bodom - Yup. Haven't really listened to them much, but I've liked them long enough to see them at least once.
    Coroner - Nah
    Crowbar - Nah
    Dark Funeral - Nope
    Eluveitie - Twice. For sure.
    Exciter - Need to have a listen. Who knows.
    God Dethroned - Nope
    Grave Digger - Probably go see them once.
    Hammerfall - I'll help the other rainbow-bearers drag the nay-sayers there. Both times.
    In Extremo - Needs more listening. So far I'm feeling good about them.
    Kamelot - Totally.
    Kataklysm - Nope
    Moonsorrow - I might. But from what I've seen, Eluveitie would overshadow my desire to see Moonsorrow. If I've nothing better to do I'll go look.
    My Dying Bride - Needs more listening. From what I've heard from people, I should go.
    Nightwish - Three times. Or four. Or twelve.
    Orphaned Land - Fascinating, I hope I get a chance to see them.
    Overkill - Not really thrilled.
    Pestilence - Nope
    Pretty Maids - I haven't heard enough to judge, but the wife wants to see them so I'll tag along, and probably enjoy it.
    Riot - Shrug.
    Samael - Interesting, I'll likely drop by.
    Stratovarius - Wanted to see them since I got into metal... Yes!
    Suffocation - Meh
    Tankard - Eh, Alestorm is better drinking music for me.
    Therion - Hell yeah.
    Tristania - One of the first metal bands I got into? Woo!
    Venom - WhiskeyJack: I am the one person on this cruise that does not want to see Venom. Sounds like it'll be crowded, more room for you guys :P
    Virgin Steele - Discovered them because of 70k, glad I did. At least once, probably more.
    Whiplash - Not sure, unlikely.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Alestorm - Don't like them. Probably will go if I'm drunk enough and there's not another better and playing
    Amorphis - Meh
    Annihilator - One set probably, liked Alice in Hell album
    Atheist - A Must see band for me
    Cannibal Corpse - Nope
    Channel Zero - Great nap time
    Children of Bodom - Nah.
    Coroner - MUST FUCKING SEE FUCKING BAND. Fucking
    Crowbar - Maybe....
    Dark Funeral - Maybe...
    Eluveitie - No thanks
    Exciter - Yes, I've seen them live in March and they ruled, I'l see one set or maybe two
    God Dethroned - Don't have a clue
    Grave Digger - I'll check one set, never was a big fan though
    Hammerfall - Maybe...
    In Extremo - No
    Kamelot - Please god no
    Kataklysm - Started listening some weeks ago, loved Shados and Dust album, I will totally check them
    Moonsorrow - No
    My Dying Bride - Maybe one set
    Nightwish - Please god no
    Orphaned Land - No
    Overkill - 100% yes, I've never seen them live, I get to see them twice now :D
    Pestilence - Probably check one set
    Pretty Maids - Maybe...
    Riot - Maybe...
    Samael - DIdn't like what i heard. Pass
    Stratovarius - Maybe...
    Suffocation - Not a big fan, but i'll probably check one set
    Tankard - Yes. With a beer in my hand
    Therion - Quality nap time
    Tristania - Quality nap time II
    Venom - Yes. Never listened them a lot, but I wanna see them live
    Virgin Steele - Meh
    Whiplash - Yes, love my whiplash :lol:

"Maybe..." = If I'm drunk enough
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Eternity wrote:Venom - WhiskeyJack: I am the one person on this cruise that does not want to see Venom. Sounds like it'll be crowded, more room for you guys :P

:shock:

pablov8 wrote:Tankard - Yes. With a beer in my hand

Yessssss! Make a final stand! :beerbang:
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Yeah I have no clue who I will see ... i had an almost fool proof plan last year (so I thought) to see each band at least once, but do to random encounters, drinking, and scheduled times and seeing double sets from bands I didn't know or plan on seeing twice, but their first set was just so awesome had to check out their second) didn't come close to keeping my plans.

Yeah I'm kind of expecting to this to happen to me. The best laid plans etc etc. :lol:
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Alright, you made me listen again. They're not who I thought they were. I might go. Still not high on my list, but no longer a definite no. You win :metalguy:
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:43 pm

The only two bands I feel I must see both shows of are: God Dethroned and Annihilator.

The bands I will see at least one show from: Amorphis, Atheist, Coroner, Elluveitie, Kataklysm, My Dying Bride, Orphaned Land, Overkill, Tankard, and Venom.

All other shows will be if the timings right I might catch a show if it interests me at the time. I'm not going to make a set in stone plan I just know I want to catch all of the above bands at some point.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    mosquitorat
    Crewman

by mosquitorat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Alestorm - One set at least...come on people were on a boat!
    Amorphis - Time+Beer-goodbands=maybe
    Annihilator - One set for histories sake
    Atheist - Twice, once for me, but my girl will drag me to both
    Cannibal Corpse - once, possibly twice if my girl can talk me into it
    Channel Zero - Food, Booze, Sleep, whatever i'm lacking at the moment
    Children of Bodom - Just to see what covers they will do.
    Coroner - HELLS MUTHAFUCKIN YA
    Crowbar - Time+Beer-goodbands=maybe
    Dark Funeral - Twice the badass
    Eluveitie - just to hear Inis Mona, then i'm out
    Exciter - boreder
    God Dethroned - At least one, two if time permits
    Grave Digger - Twice, probably the meet and greet signing thing to
    Hammerfall - not gonna happen, no sir
    In Extremo - No
    Kamelot - Just to see if Fabio ruins it for me, seen them with Kahn twice but it just wouldnt be the same
    Kataklysm - Please god let them play thrice
    Moonsorrow - Time+Beer-goodbands=maybe
    My Dying Bride - not gonna happen, no way no sir
    Nightwish - as it what put previously Please god no
    Orphaned Land - half a set maybe more maybe less depends on how they grab me
    Overkill - Yes, twice, even if i have to stab someone to make it to both
    Pestilence - Once just for the experince
    Pretty Maids - no way in hell
    Riot - see above
    Samael - previous theme continued
    Stratovarius - see nightwish
    Suffocation - worth a set, maybe two depending on scheduling
    Tankard - Hell yah, no matter what. even if i have to split my being in two because overkill is playing in the same time slot
    Therion - Why not
    Tristania - Time+Beer-goodbands=maybe
    Venom - Yes. Metal Gods of Old!
    Virgin Steele - nope
    Whiplash - Hell yah, beer and whiplash the best combination
    :bangers:
    2012 Cabin: 6009
    Wishlist: Drivin and Cryin, Dido, TLC, Busta Rhymes, Garth Brooks, Sting
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Poor Channel Zero... there seems to be a recurring theme of their set being sleep or eat time.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:22 pm

already went over all this in the Rank 'Em thread
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    AntonioRJ
    Crewman

by AntonioRJ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Did someone see all the bands last year?
    It appears to be a difficult task... :shock:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm

AntonioRJ wrote:Did someone see all the bands last year?
    It appears to be a difficult task... :shock:

nope ... at least that I am aware of. several of us on the forum planned to do so, but I believe we all failed to make this a reality.

It would be an extreme task and a true test of endurance to accomplish such a feat :beerhorns: :cheers:
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Luckily for me I have just under a dozen bands (so far) that I'd like to see for sure. I'll give them at least one set, and then the others just go with the flow.
    Honestly, it's hard to make a plan and stick to it cause when you're actually there you tend to just go with whatever is going around you. Have fun and don't give yourself a headache planning it out. Chances are you'll be too drunk to care on that boat.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm

I think I've done this before somewhere but what the fuck, I'm bored

Alestorm. No, never seen, dont care
    Amorphis. at least once, never seen
    Annihilator. twice, never seen
    Athiest. once, never seen
    Cannibal Corpse. definitly, maybe twice, seen them quite a few times so depends on who else is playing
    Channel Zero. I'll pass
    Children of Bodom. maybe once, just to say I've seen them on a boat
    Coronor. once, never seen
    Crowbar. not
    Dark Funeral. hell yes, maybe twice
    Eluveitie. NO
    Exciter. seen once, maybe again, don't know
    God Dethroned, once, since it's their last show
    Grave Digger. seen before, wasnt impressed, so no
    Hammerfall. once
    In Extremo. hell no! never seen, don't ever want to
    Kamelot. never seen, so yes, once
    Kataklysm, at least once, maybe twice
    Moonsorrow, ??? don't know, maybe
    My Dying Bride, once
    Nightwish, never seen, like to see at least part of one show
    Orphand Land, same as above
    Overkill, definitly at least one show, seen them quite a few times, so need to have time for other bands I havent seen
    Pestilence. at least once. seen them once before and they kick ass!
    Pretty Maids. probably not
    Riot. never seen, so both shows
    Samael. one. never seen
    Stratovarius. once. never seen
    Suffocation. once
    Tankard. No
    Therion. twice. They said they will no longer tour the U.S. so may be the last chance I ever get to see them
    Tristania, once, never seen
    Venom. At least one
    Virgin Steele. maybe twice, depends on who else is playing at the time. never seen
    Whiplash. sleep or eat, or eat in my sleep.

I'm sure I will miss some of these bands, the ones I've seen before, cause there are so many bands on this cruise I've never seen. plus there are 5 more to go. I will be very busy, and I don't want to be. Need time to socialize
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Alestorm - maybe at least once, depends on the running order
    Amorphis - will try to see twice
    Annihilator - no
    Athiest - no
    Cannibal Corpse - no
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - would like to, but depends on the schedule
    Coronor - no
    Crowbar - no
    Dark Funeral - no
    Eluveitie - will try to see twice
    Exciter - no
    God Dethroned - no
    Grave Digger - no
    Hammerfall - no
    In Extremo - will probably check out at least one show
    Kamelot - only if Simone is playing with them
    Kataklysm - no
    Moonsorrow - definitely would like to see both shows
    My Dying Bride - yes, at least once
    Nightwish - at least once, depends how bad Anette is sounding...
    Orphand Land - will try to see them twice
    Overkill - no
    Pestilence - no
    Pretty Maids - no
    Riot - no
    Samael - maybe
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - no
    Tankard - no
    Therion - would love to see both shows
    Tristania - at least once, Tristania used to be my favourite band when Vibeke was still the singer... new one is just OK
    Venom - no
    Virgin Steele - no
    Whiplash - no
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:Poor Channel Zero... there seems to be a recurring theme of their set being sleep or eat time.

Surprise! :lol:

Ever been to a big show, like Maiden or something, where people are just chanting the headliner's name during the opening band's set? I've always figured that has to feel pretty bad. Now imagine that feeling, stretched out for 4 nights, experienced in the microcosm of a boat. I kind of feel that's what Channel Zero are getting themselves into.
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Eternity wrote:Alright, you made me listen again. They're not who I thought they were. I might go. Still not high on my list, but no longer a definite no. You win :metalguy:

:mrgreen: :headbanger:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Is that Coronor you guys talk about a new band? :lol:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Alestorm - maybe
    Amorphis - yes
    Annihilator - no
    Athiest - no
    Cannibal Corpse - yes
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - no
    Coronor - maybe
    Crowbar - yes
    Dark Funeral - yes
    Eluveitie - no
    Exciter - yes
    God Dethroned - yes
    Grave Digger - no
    Hammerfall - no
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - no
    Kataklysm - yes
    Moonsorrow - no
    My Dying Bride - yes, both shows
    Nightwish - no
    Orphand Land - no
    Overkill - yes
    Pestilence - yes
    Pretty Maids - no
    Riot - no
    Samael - yes
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - yes
    Tankard - maybe
    Therion - maybe
    Tristania - maybe
    Venom - yes, both shows
    Virgin Steele - no
    Whiplash - yes
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Alestorm - yes.
    Amorphis - yes.
    Annihilator - yes.
    Athiest - yes.
    Cannibal Corpse - yes.
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - yes.
    Coronor - yes.
    Crowbar - no.
    Dark Funeral - yes
    Eluveitie - yes.
    Exciter - no.
    God Dethroned - yes
    Grave Digger - no
    Hammerfall - NO.
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - no
    Kataklysm - YES.
    Moonsorrow - yes.
    My Dying Bride - maybe.
    Nightwish - no
    Orphand Land - yes.
    Overkill - yes
    Pestilence - maybe.
    Pretty Maids - no
    Riot - no
    Samael - no.
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - yes
    Tankard - yes
    Therion - maybe
    Tristania - no.
    Venom - yes.
    Virgin Steele - no
    Whiplash - no.

:shock: Just realizing it now, its going to be a busier cruise than I thought. Damn.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Bentz! wrote:Yeah, I have no clue who I'm going to see. Even once I get a gameplan together once the set times come out, there are going to be deviations from that as random shenanigans arise.

Always have to factor in the wife's "Puke Schedule" :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 am

Amorphis - definitely 1 set, 2 if things break the right way
    Annihilator - not unless I'm bored or nothing is going on
    Atheist - both sets BITCHES
    Cannibal Corpse -not unless I'm bored or nothing is going on (and I need a :lol: )
    Channel Zero - who? :lol:
    Children of Bodom - I have testosterone in my bloodstream, so this is an obvious NO
    Coroner - be there or be square. Both sets regardless of what the fuck is going on (I better not hear Der Mussolini or Purple Haze 2X)
    Crowbar - Nope
    Dark Funeral - Maybe a few songs if I need a :mrgreen:
    Eluveitie - Avoiding like the plague
    Exciter - We'll see.
    God Dethroned - BOTH SETS NO DOUBT
    Grave Digger - OH YEAH, HOPE TO SEE BOTH SETS
    Hammerfall - Will be hanging with Marlo during this one (AS FAR AWAY FROM THE STAGE AS POSSIBLE)
    In Extremo - yeah right :lol:
    Kamelot - you'd have to pay me to show up. Even then I would do it under protest
    Kataklysm - Not interested
    Moonsorrow - 1 set defintely, 2 if things fall corrrectly
    My Dying Bride - THE BIGGEST DEAL FOR ME. BOTH SETS REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING
    Nightwish - seriously, do I need to answer this? I know plenty of my Australian peeps are going. But I just can't. I have a reputation to maintain. :P
    Orphaned Land - will check out 1 set. If it makes me all wet-n-giggly, will try for a 2nd
    Overkill - yup, I'll be there. Might not be both times, we'll see how things work out
    Pestilence - defintely 1X, maybe both if they impress the heck out of me (or they fail to play Chronic Infection & Out of the Body the first time around)
    Pretty Maids -I don't want my friend Robb humping my leg, so I'll have to steer clear of the venue/immediate area when this goes on
    Riot - defintely. Maybe both times depending upon schedule/initial performance (and how many Irish weenies are invading the area)
    Samael - we'll see. Only really interested in the Ceremony of Opposite songs
    Stratovarius - (insert my Nighwish/Kamelot remark here)
    Suffocation - 1X as haven't seen them in ages (and I'm friends with the band)
    Tankard - never saw them, definite 1X
    Therion - would like to 1X
    Tristania - fuck no
    Venom - never saw them before. Definite 1X, maybe 2x
    Virgin Steele - we'll see
    Whiplash - probably 2X
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:22 am

You missed Alestorm, Kevin :mrgreen:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

Eternity wrote:You missed Alestorm, Kevin :mrgreen:

And I probably will in a few weeks ;) :lol: ;)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

KevinP wrote:Children of Bodom - I have testosterone in my bloodstream, so this is an obvious NO

They're playing in Vegas about a month after the cruise, so I'll get to skip their show three times. Win.
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 am

KevinP wrote:

That's pretty much the response I was looking for.

You, sir, amuse me. :cheers:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 am

Eternity wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

That's pretty much the response I was looking for.

You, sir, amuse me. :cheers:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 am

Alestorm - no
    Amorphis - yes; both sets possible
    Annihilator - yes
    Atheist - yes; both sets
    Cannibal Corpse - yes; both sets possible
    Channel Zero - undecided
    Children of Bodom - no
    Coroner - yes
    Crowbar - no
    Dark Funeral - yes
    Eluveitie - no
    Exciter - undecided
    God Dethroned - yes; both sets
    Grave Digger - undecided
    Hammerfall - no
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - no
    Kataklysm - yes
    Moonsorrow - yes; both sets possible
    My Dying Bride - yes; both sets
    Nightwish - yes; both sets possible
    Orphaned Land - undecided
    Overkill - undecided
    Pestilence - yes; both sets possible
    Pretty Maids - no
    Riot - undecided
    Samael - yes; both sets possible
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - yes
    Tankard - undecided
    Therion - yes
    Tristania - yes
    Venom - yes
    Virgin Steele - yes
    Whiplash - undecided
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:10 am

vikingbitch wrote:Alestorm - yes.
    Amorphis - yes.
    Annihilator - yes.
    Athiest - yes.
    Cannibal Corpse - yes.
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - yes.
    Coronor - yes.
    Crowbar - no.
    Dark Funeral - yes
    Eluveitie - yes.
    Exciter - no.
    God Dethroned - yes
    Grave Digger - no
    Hammerfall - YES
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - no
    Kataklysm - YES.
    Moonsorrow - yes.
    My Dying Bride - maybe.
    Nightwish - no
    Orphand Land - yes.
    Overkill - yes
    Pestilence - maybe.
    Pretty Maids - no
    Riot - no
    Samael - no.
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - yes
    Tankard - yes
    Therion - maybe
    Tristania - no.
    Venom - yes.
    Virgin Steele - no
    Whiplash - no.

:shock: Just realizing it now, its going to be a busier cruise than I thought. Damn.

Fixed :mrgreen:
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 am

Alestorm - Yes
    Amorphis - No
    Annihilator - Fuck Yeah both sets
    Athiest - maybe
    Cannibal Corpse - one for sure to say i have
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - Fuck yeah both sets
    Coronor - maybe
    Crowbar - maybe
    Dark Funeral - no
    Eluveitie - Hell yeah they are the reason i booked
    Exciter - no
    God Dethroned - Fuck yeah both sets
    Grave Digger - maybe
    Hammerfall - NO!!!!
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - NO!!!!
    Kataklysm - yes
    Moonsorrow - no
    My Dying Bride - one for sure
    Nightwish - no
    Orphand Land - at least once
    Overkill - maybe
    Pestilence - maybe
    Pretty Maids - NO!!
    Riot - maybe
    Samael - yes
    Stratovarius - no
    Suffocation - maybe
    Tankard - maybe
    Therion - if it doesn't conflict with anyone else
    Tristania - no
    Venom - maybe
    Virgin Steele - no
    Whiplash - maybe

that should about cover it til lthe last 5 are announced
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 am

Trying not to make any plans.
    Last year i really wanted to see Finntroll and Sodom and missed both sets from each, well, to the best of my memorie :smash:

Coroner, amorphis, Suffocation, Moonsorrow,Overkill, In Extreamo, Kataklysm, Eluvietie, Samael. God Dethroned, My Dying Bride, Orphande Land, in no order are my top at this point in time with Venom, C.C., Athiest, Annihilator, Tankard, and Pestilence close behind.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:22 am

Alestorm - Yes
    Amorphis - Yes
    Annihilator - Yes
    Athiest - maybe
    Cannibal Corpse - Yes
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - Yes
    Coronor - maybe
    Crowbar - maybe
    Dark Funeral - Yes
    Eluveitie - Yes
    Exciter - Yes
    God Dethroned - Yes
    Grave Digger - Yes
    Hammerfall - Yes
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - Yes
    Kataklysm - yes
    Moonsorrow - no
    My Dying Bride - no
    Nightwish - Yes
    Orphand Land - Yes
    Overkill - Yes
    Pestilence - maybe
    Pretty Maids - Yes
    Riot - Yes
    Samael - yes
    Stratovarius - Yes
    Suffocation - maybe
    Tankard - Yes
    Therion - Yes
    Tristania - Yes
    Venom - Yes
    Virgin Steele - Yes
    Whiplash - Yes
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 am

Alestorm - no
    Amorphis - no
    Annihilator - maybe
    Athiest - no
    Cannibal Corpse - no
    Channel Zero - no
    Children of Bodom - no
    Coronor - maybe
    Crowbar - no
    Dark Funeral - no
    Eluveitie - no
    Exciter - yes
    God Dethroned - no
    Grave Digger - yes
    Hammerfall - yes
    In Extremo - no
    Kamelot - yes
    Kataklysm - yes
    Moonsorrow - yes
    My Dying Bride - maybe
    Nightwish - no
    Orphand Land - yes
    Overkill - yes
    Pestilence - no
    Pretty Maids - yes
    Riot - yes
    Samael - maybe
    Stratovarius - yes
    Suffocation - no
    Tankard - yes
    Therion - yes
    Tristania - no
    Venom - no
    Virgin Steele - yes
    Whiplash - no
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 am

Alestorm - Yes
    Amorphis - No
    Annihilator - Yes
    Athiest - No
    Cannibal Corpse - No
    Channel Zero - No
    Children of Bodom - Yes
    Coronor - No
    Crowbar - No
    Dark Funeral - No
    Eluveitie - Yes
    Exciter - No
    God Dethroned - No
    Grave Digger - Maybe
    Hammerfall - Yes
    In Extremo - No
    Kamelot - Maybe
    Kataklysm - No
    Moonsorrow - No
    My Dying Bride - No
    Nightwish - Yes a little bit
    Orphand Land - Maybe
    Overkill - Yes
    Pestilence - No
    Pretty Maids - No
    Riot - No
    Samael - No
    Stratovarius - Maybe
    Suffocation - No
    Tankard - Yes
    Therion - Yes
    Tristania - Yes
    Venom - No
    Virgin Steele - No
    Whiplash - No

:viking:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:44 am

I will just start with my NO/maybe list.
    Alestorm-maybe
    Atheist
    Cannibal Corpse
    Crowbar-maybe
    Exciter God Dethroned
    Dark Funeral-But Interesting
    Moonsorrow
    Pestilence
    Suffocation-maybe
    Tankard-maybe
    All others are a YES! For at least one set and scheduled around my nap times. LOL :D
    Last 5 bands-?
    I had a large YES list last cruise and hit around 28 of the bands but found I had very little time to socialize with forumites. I give Kevin his due for making a time for us to meet and at least share in a couple of dinners with other cruisers. :cool:
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:11 am

We're going to wait for the running order and make a plan on the flight to Miami, as we did last year. We saw 30 of the 42 bands.

Coroner, Annihilator, Overkill and Kataklysm are a yes for both shows for us. We'll have to plan the rest out of what we see around them.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
Post Reply 91 posts