Post Reply 89 posts
SeaPass expense card
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: PRE PAID ACCOUNT ONBROAD

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 pm

mooyagi wrote:So if I get the soda package and order some kind of alcoholic beverage mixed with soda, do I only get charged for the alcohol? Meaning I save money comparing it to not getting the soda thingy and getting charged for booze and soda each time? Or do they not charge extra for mixers with booze?

This is what I've heard ppl say but I would call their 1-800 to confirm. Could save yerself a lot if ya plan to drink lots of mixed drinks
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:So if I get the soda package and order some kind of alcoholic beverage mixed with soda, do I only get charged for the alcohol? Meaning I save money comparing it to not getting the soda thingy and getting charged for booze and soda each time? Or do they not charge extra for mixers with booze?

This is what I've heard ppl say but I would call their 1-800 to confirm. Could save yerself a lot if ya plan to drink lots of mixed drinks

That's what I'm thinking! Homeboy's on a budget so I need to save wherever I can
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 am

mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

That's what I'm thinking! Homeboy's on a budget so I need to save wherever I can

From what I (barely) recall from looking at the receipts from last cruise, if you have the soda package and order a rum and coke, your receipt just shows as a shot of rum.

The receipt may have shown the same thing if you didn't have the soda package, so it's a good idea to call the number to be sure.

I went ahead and got the pop package again. If nothin else I get another sturdy cup with a lid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

This answers it right here from the RC FAQs:

Q: What is the Fountain Soda package?

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

So sounds like mixers are just charged as part of the alcoholic drink and you would pay the same price regardless of having the soda package or not. Looks like I'm skipping the soda package
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

mooyagi wrote:This answers it right here from the RC FAQs:

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

So sounds like mixers are just charged as part of the alcoholic drink and you would pay the same price regardless of having the soda package or not. Looks like I'm skipping the soda package

I could be wrong but I think that just refers to the canned sodas sild/used by the little bars they set up ar varios points like outside the Chorus Line. My guess is all the bars with sida canister/hose setups woyld be included. Maybe call the 1-800 to confirm?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I could be wrong but I think that just refers to the canned sodas sild/used by the little bars they set up ar varios points like outside the Chorus Line. My guess is all the bars with sida canister/hose setups woyld be included. Maybe call the 1-800 to confirm?

But I hate calling people! :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:29 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

But I hate calling people! :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 pm

i have no idea how you came to this conclusion. mini-bar does not equal mixed drinks. fountain sodas ARE used at the "maxi" bar.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

i have no idea how you came to this conclusion. mini-bar does not equal mixed drinks. fountain sodas ARE used at the "maxi" bar.

I saw mini bar and thought it meant alcohol bars. That's how I roll. Deal with it! :cool: :lol:
  • Post Reply 89 posts