money check
    cameras check

ok im packed
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Re: DONT FORGET TO BRING.....

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:don't bring it. you will NOT have free time, you will not have free space in the cabin...etc.

the open mic didn't go well last year due to various reasons (not for rob's lack of trying) so i don't think they'll have it this year.

Don't bring it!? Well, another reason I wanted to bring it is because Jeff Waters is having a guitar clinic. Also, I'm going to be in Florida for two days before and two days after the show. I don't know if I can go without practicing for a week. Knowing that, should I still not bring it? BTW, it's in a softcase, not a hardcase, so it wont take up that much room.

I always used to go to music stores to "shop" when on vacation. Plug in, play for an hour, swapping guitars and amps, then leave "to make a decision".
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Bring an extra pair of shoes. If you lose a pair, you've got backup. :stagger:

:lol: Did you lose a pair of shoes last time? I can honestly say, I can't remember ever losing a pair of shoes.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:06 am

Rab wrote:Check list

Hawian shirts check
    money check
    cameras check

ok im packed

Going to a "no-pants" party in Miami? :shock: :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 am

Lala wrote:Tuup: If you go to Havana - take toilet paper with you. there is nothing like that available outside of some good hotels. every cuban has it's own paper so there is nothing for tourists ......

Thanks for the tip. We're staying in good hotels I hope (all Melia, got good experience with those) so we should be fine. Better safe than sorry though, having no toilet paper when you desperately need it is definitely a 'pain in the ass' :P
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Rab wrote:Check list

Hawian shirts check
    money check
    cameras check

ok im packed

who needs pants when you got hawaian shirts
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:34 am

News flash: Looks like I won't be bringing a camera this time. Just remembered I left my charger in Miami last time :lol: and according to the guy in the Camera shop, they are hard to come by :evil:

If I meet band members, I'm going to grab the nearest person and demand they take a photo. :P
    Last edited by Ravenlord on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:36 am

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:43 am

gnoff wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:News flash: Looks like I won't be bringing a camera this time. Just remembered I left my charger in Miami last time :lol: and according to the guy in the Camera shop, they are hard to come by :evil:

If I meet band members, I'm going to grab the nearest person and demand they take a photo. :P

Bring your camera, just pick up the charger in Miami you left last year, problem solved :D

I knew someone would post that :P
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 am

Is it a good idea to carry a laptop for people who are traveling alone or we won't be able to keep it on a safe place??
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

Paul i'll be picking up my camera in Miami that i left in Sweden last year.You can use it if you want as i can't myself being in any state to even figure out the power button.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 am

Metalwrath wrote:Paul i'll be picking up my camera in Miami that i left in Sweden last year.You can use it if you want as i can't myself being in any state to even figure out the power button.

Well that sorts that out!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 am

Alex Fields wrote:Is it a good idea to carry a laptop for people who are traveling alone or we won't be able to keep it on a safe place??

Depends on how long your trip is. No need for it on the cruise. The internet costs are extremely expensive and you won't have time to play around with it anyway. I'm assuming it'd be safe in the cabin. Hide it when you're in your hotel. Again, there's too much to do so why hang around on the laptop all day?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Alex Fields wrote:Is it a good idea to carry a laptop for people who are traveling alone or we won't be able to keep it on a safe place??

Depends on how long your trip is. No need for it on the cruise. The internet costs are extremely expensive and you won't have time to play around with it anyway. I'm assuming it'd be safe in the cabin. Hide it when you're in your hotel. Again, there's too much to do so why hang around on the laptop all day?

I brought my netbook last time and it was safe in the cabin, however, Moogi is right.... you won't need it.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 am

well ill take our laptop to store photo's... and have a way to keep up to date with home from port...
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

KevinP wrote:But if you drop one midday who's taking the time for another shower?

Baby wipes for the win. If they are good enough for a brand new anus they are good enough for my old wrinkled butthole :death:

............fixed :P
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 am

eric wrote:
    gnoff wrote:If you're not alone in your cabin and don't match your sleep prefectly to your cabin mate(s) a small flash light/torch helps when getting in/out of bed in the dark.

Ear plugs, if you use em

I used glow sticks myself. One right by the step of the bathroom.

Aahhhh very clever idea!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 am

Captain Metal wrote:Here's something that all of you should absolutely have: hand sanitizer

Trust me on this. I'm not a germaphobe or anything of the sort, but cruise ships are notorious locales for picking up germs and getting sick. I had a small bottle of it on me at all times and never got sick, whereas I heard of a number of people being ill after the fact.

Also, for other long hairs like myself, bring a bandanna, do-rag, hat or something of that sort to wear on the pool deck. Quite simply, it gets very windy up there and unless you secure your hair, it'll become a tangled mess in no time. Believe it.

Bumping both of these points for truth and truth.

Listen to the Cap-i-tan, ladies and gentlemen, as he knows what's up.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:31 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:don't bring it. you will NOT have free time, you will not have free space in the cabin...etc.

the open mic didn't go well last year due to various reasons (not for rob's lack of trying) so i don't think they'll have it this year.

Don't bring it!? Well, another reason I wanted to bring it is because Jeff Waters is having a guitar clinic. Also, I'm going to be in Florida for two days before and two days after the show. I don't know if I can go without practicing for a week. Knowing that, should I still not bring it? BTW, it's in a softcase, not a hardcase, so it wont take up that much room.

Video tape the clinic and practice when you get home. The time will fly by and you'll wonder why you dragged it all across the country only to risk it in the hands of the baggage handlers and never touch it yourself ;) :shred:

Baggage halndlers!?!? Fuck that, man, I was going to bring it on the plane, I'm not letting other people hold that thing...it's my current girlfriend. Thanks all for the answers, so I guess, don't bring the cables? :mrgreen:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 am

viathyn wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Here's something that all of you should absolutely have: hand sanitizer

Trust me on this. I'm not a germaphobe or anything of the sort, but cruise ships are notorious locales for picking up germs and getting sick. I had a small bottle of it on me at all times and never got sick, whereas I heard of a number of people being ill after the fact.

Also, for other long hairs like myself, bring a bandanna, do-rag, hat or something of that sort to wear on the pool deck. Quite simply, it gets very windy up there and unless you secure your hair, it'll become a tangled mess in no time. Believe it.

Bumping both of these points for truth and truth.

Listen to the Cap-i-tan, ladies and gentlemen, as he knows what's up.

Shit but I'm already in full blown "hand sanitizer and vitamin C overdose" mode. I'm more worried about getting sick before I get to the boat than when I'm on it!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 am

Somebody remind me to bring some corpse paint for the hammerfall shows :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 am

Metalwrath wrote:Somebody remind me to bring some corpse paint for the hammerfall shows :twisted:

Bring some corpse paint for the hammerfall shows.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 am

Metalwrath wrote:Somebody remind me to bring some corpse paint for the hammerfall shows :twisted:

Wearing corpse paint to a Hammerfall show still won't change that fact that you're at a goddamn Hammerfall show.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

Whiskeyjack wrote:

Wearing corpse paint to a Hammerfall show still won't change that fact that you're at a goddamn Hammerfall show.

A-fucking-men, eh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    eric wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    Ear plugs, if you use em

Aahhhh very clever idea!

Doen't it hurt when you put glowsticks in your ears?
    And does it make your head illuminate?

:viking:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Tyr wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:Aahhhh very clever idea!

Doen't it hurt when you put glowsticks in your ears?
    And does it make your head illuminate?

:viking:

Maybe...but it looks cool when headbanging! :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:21 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:don't forget to bring an extra pair of panties in case you leave yours in someones room (duffel bag), who won't remember where they came from and has to imagine the worst. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you leave your undies in somebody else cabin last cruise or did somebody leave their undies in your cabin. :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Whiskeyjack wrote:

It at least makes it harder to identify you and laugh at you LATER :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

I think AlaskaRachel is sponsoring the “No pants party”. :shock: ;)
    The party will either take place before the cruise, during the cruise, and or after the cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Bring some corpse paint for the hammerfall shows.

I actually had to laugh about this :D
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Michael D. wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

I think AlaskaRachel is sponsoring the “No pants party”. :shock: ;)
    The party will either take place before the cruise, during the cruise, and or after the cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

What about kilts? :beerwink: No pants - no kilts??? : :wank: :wank:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:don't forget to bring an extra pair of panties in case you leave yours in someones room (duffel bag), who won't remember where they came from and has to imagine the worst. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW!........I want my blue panties back!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 pm

debborah1 wrote:

BTW!........I want my blue panties back!

Don't lie. We all know you don't wear panties ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Thanks, I just wanted to store the pics and videos I'll take from each day.
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Probably better to just bring several SD cards, dude.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

viathyn wrote:Probably better to just bring several SD cards, dude.

totally take jake's advice here....it's a helluva lot less of a hassle to just bring an extra SD card. don't forget you have to take your laptop out every time you go through security in airports as well as getting on the boat....
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Ravenlord wrote:News flash: Looks like I won't be bringing a camera this time. Just remembered I left my charger in Miami last time :lol: and according to the guy in the Camera shop, they are hard to come by :evil:

Damn you should have checked ebay! You can find pretty much anything on there.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Fatum11 wrote:

Damn you should have checked ebay! You can find pretty much anything on there.

Nah, left it too late. No matter though. I've figured out a way around it.
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:57 pm

rockhound wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Beer Koozie, Sunscreen, and Beer Bucket handle

Bwahaha! Do they have one for a wine bottle? That's what we need! It would be nice to have one free hand! :heavydrink:

What about this one:

Just $8.15 at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Redneck-Pack-Beer ... =8-1-fkmr2

Holy crap! A tactical beer chest-rack or ammo belt. This kind of makes up for not having the flying cars like they promised when I was wee.
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

eric wrote:
    gnoff wrote:If you're not alone in your cabin and don't match your sleep prefectly to your cabin mate(s) a small flash light/torch helps when getting in/out of bed in the dark.

Ear plugs, if you use em

You, sir, have skills.
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
Post Reply 280 posts