by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:47 pm

There is a sexy man in a Captain hat in that video :wank: :wank: :wank:

Rab, you do kick all kinds of ass
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: CNN reports on METAL!!!!

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

That was awesome! shame they had to make it so short!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:49 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:That was awesome! shame they had to make it so short!

Yeah, especially since Percy told us how much footage he had. He was a nice guy. Was great chatting with him while we got off the ship.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:50 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Yeah, especially since Percy told us how much footage he had. He was a nice guy. Was great chatting with him while we got off the ship.

It was! hopefully a follow up story will be done. The world needs to hear the intellectual things we said in our interviews! :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

It was! hopefully a follow up story will be done. The world needs to hear the intellectual things we said in our interviews! :lol:

Hmmmm, gonna have to cut my interview footage out if you're looking for intelligent then
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:52 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Yeah, especially since Percy told us how much footage he had. He was a nice guy. Was great chatting with him while we got off the ship.

Hmmmm, gonna have to cut my interview footage out if you're looking for intelligent then

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Metalheads are often misunderstood. They're really nice people. Now, here's footage of them doing some freaky stuff that will make you uncomfortable again.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

and he focused on Alestorm and Nightwish. And spent way too much time on the music and not interviews and event itself.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

KevinP wrote:and he focused on Alestorm and Nightwish. And spent way too much time on the music and not interviews and event itself.

completely agree, I am glad the cruise got some love but that was a weak report, completely lacking in kilted awesomeness and Airy Turks, Ryan and Rab like it for obvious reasons.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    KevinP wrote:and he focused on Alestorm and Nightwish. And spent way too much time on the music and not interviews and event itself.

completely agree, I am glad the cruise got some love but that was a weak report, completely lacking in kilted awesomeness and Airy Turks, Ryan and Rab like it for obvious reasons.

Kinda tough to squeeze everything into a 4 minute clip. Would have liked to see a longer report that did focus more on debunking the metal stereotypes and the particular people abroad the ship.
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:27 pm

igot his card i got to email him and see what it is cause i think there is more then this
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm not thrilled with the piece but it could've been much worse.

As for Percy himself, he may have been nice at times with some ppl he interviewed but was basically a completely unprofessional ... looking for a word that's not too strong... annoyance in terms of my experience with him. We exchanged enough e-mails for him to know what I had to offer and what I didn't but when he spoke to me it was as though he not only hadn't read a single word I said but that he thought I was someone/something completely other than who I was.

His opening questions to me were basically, "So what is your background? Why did UMC have me contact you? and What is it exactly that makes you an expert on heavy metal?"

I told him my 'background' was that I'm one of a handful of passengers who went on the previous year's cruise and whose names were given to him for reasons unknown to me and that I was in no way, shape or form an expert on metal. This took several confused minutes then I saw Kevin getting in an elevator and called him over as I figured his years of doing a metal radio show at least put him closer to the 'expert' category Percy seemed to be expecting. His first questions to Kevin were ones anyone could've answered well... "Why does a person go to an event like this or to a metal show in general? Is it the drinking, the music or the camaraderie?" It was at that point that I walked away feeling bad for having steered him in Kevin's direction :oops:

I'm happy to hear that others' experiences weren't quite so lame but I'm glad I didn't waste more time with him and found his piece to be incredibly unremarkable and poorly edited. Not to mention, clearly rushed as he can't have been home much longer than any of the rest of us lol
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:08 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm not thrilled with the piece but it could've been much worse.

As for Percy himself, he may have been nice at times with some ppl he interviewed but was basically a completely unprofessional ... looking for a word that's not too strong... annoyance in terms of my experience with him. We exchanged enough e-mails for him to know what I had to offer and what I didn't but when he spoke to me it was as though he not only hadn't read a single word I said but that he thought I was someone/something completely other than who I was.

His opening questions to me were basically, "So what is your background? Why did UMC have me contact you? and What is it exactly that makes you an expert on heavy metal?"

I told him my 'background' was that I'm one of a handful of passengers who went on the previous year's cruise and whose names were given to him for reasons unknown to me and that I was in no way, shape or form an expert on metal. This took several confused minutes then I saw Kevin getting in an elevator and called him over as I figured his years of doing a metal radio show at least put him closer to the 'expert' category Percy seemed to be expecting. His first questions to Kevin were ones anyone could've answered well... "Why does a person go to an event like this or to a metal show in general? Is it the drinking, the music or the camaraderie?" It was at that point that I walked away feeling bad for having steered him in Kevin's direction :oops:

I'm happy to hear that others' experiences weren't quite so lame but I'm glad I didn't waste more time with him and found his piece to be incredibly unremarkable and poorly edited. Not to mention, clearly rushed as he can't have been home much longer than any of the rest of us lol

I totally agree with this. He forgot who I was despite talking with me at length the previous day, and even (intentionally or non-intentionally) lied to me about when and where the interviews were being held.

I don't mind that my interview wasn't used as it was pretty bad, but I am disappointed he wasted quite a few people's time. it was cool meeting Kate and Ryan though :)
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 pm

GhostMemory wrote:I totally agree with this. He forgot who I was despite talking with me at length the previous day, and even (intentionally or non-intentionally) lied to me about when and where the interviews were being held.

I don't mind that my interview wasn't used as it was pretty bad, but I am disappointed he wasted quite a few people's time. it was cool meeting Kate and Ryan though :)

Were you the one who went after me? :D if so, nice meeting you! if not, nice meeting you!

I don't know, I found Percy to be quite nice and in the interview purposely wanting to have us explain how we differ from the metal stereotype. Then in line to get off the boat he offered to show me the video and was kind of apologetic for not using Ryan's or my footage. He had to do all the editing on the boat and send it off before we arrived, so he didn't have much time at all.
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:49 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    GhostMemory wrote:I totally agree with this. He forgot who I was despite talking with me at length the previous day, and even (intentionally or non-intentionally) lied to me about when and where the interviews were being held.

Were you the one who went after me? :D

yup, that was me. You sounded great in your interview. I put on a weird accent for some reason for mine, semi British and semi American I think.

Hopefully Percy does a bigger report later as I think it was otherwise a bit pointless to choose interviewees beforehand. I personally didn't find him endearing at all but that's just a first and second impression.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm

GhostMemory wrote:yup, that was me. You sounded great in your interview. I put on a weird accent for some reason for mine, semi British and semi American I think.

Hopefully Percy does a bigger report later as I think it was otherwise a bit pointless to choose interviewees beforehand. I personally didn't find him endearing at all but that's just a first and second impression.

Thanks! I felt so dumb when I had to repeat the last part since I kept screwing it up :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 pm

GhostMemory wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Were you the one who went after me? :D

yup, that was me. You sounded great in your interview. I put on a weird accent for some reason for mine, semi British and semi American I think.

Oh cool! Nice meeting you then :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 am

Percy told me after the initial outside that he would need me again for a sitdown. He found me a few days later and tried to get me to his room. But I blew him off as he seemed annoying (and there wasn't any $$$$ in this for me) :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:10 am

KevinP wrote:Percy told me after the initial outside that he would need me again for a sitdown. He found me a few days later and tried to get me to his room. But I blew him off as he seemed annoying (and there wasn't any $$$$ in this for me) :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the same thing that happened to me.
    He wanted me to be in his room at 4PM Thurs.
    I passed.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Libertine69
    Crewman

by Libertine69 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

I find it insanely ironic that the clip of me is one of the only times I was sober and acting the slightest bit normal. That was before I found the bag deal.
    Thank god the footage wasn't me in the wheelchair. Or of me breaking two of them later.
    :stagger:
    70k 2012 - 5016
    Barge to Hell - 2563
    70K 2013 - 2625
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 pm

KevinP wrote:Percy told me after the initial outside that he would need me again for a sitdown. He found me a few days later and tried to get me to his room. But I blew him off as he seemed annoying (and there wasn't any $$$$ in this for me) :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would have been hilarious if he'd gotten you in your vegemite getup :lol:
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 am

DId this actually ever air, or was this just online?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 am

Dark Dreams wrote:DId this actually ever air, or was this just online?

It was only online in their iReport section. As far as I know, it never made it to a network broadcast.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 am

Would've been cool to be on, but i'm not missing any performances i want to see just for that
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 am

Blackfhyre wrote:Would've been cool to be on, but i'm not missing any performances i want to see just for that

It didn't take too long and I went when I didn't have anything I wanted to see :mrgreen:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:Would've been cool to be on, but i'm not missing any performances i want to see just for that

It didn't take too long and I went when I didn't have anything I wanted to see :mrgreen:

Oh well, maybe next year
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1