Post Reply 167 posts
70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

Re: 70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)

by ejd715 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Well, what can i say that hasnt been said already. As a survivor from last years cruise, it was hard for me not to compare the two. This one was very fun, but in a different way. Overall, i had a great time, but last years was a bit more fun for me.

A couple of things:

Miami is the most non-metal city i have ever been to. I stayed on South Beach 2 days before the cruise and all i saw was douchebagery to the highest level-douchers on crotch rockets and all these old cars on 30 inch wheels-fuck that place!

The 70k napkins are the shit! I wasnt feeling well (still am not) on the boat so i had to use them for kleenex alot. they absorb alot just saying.

Is it me or is the boat in worse shape this year?

The meet/greet and merch booths were a clusterfuck. I didnt even bother with the merch-just bought the survivor tshirt.

The pool stage not being ready for monday messed things up pretty bad.

THe general crowd on the ship wasnt as friendly minus those great friends i made on the cruise this year.

The pre-cruise party was amazing! hats off to Donn for making this happen. Ralph (dr fukk from Thrash or Die) lived up to his promise of buying beers for those who wore their shirts.

I missed the big announcement (had to go see Coroner)-was it just about Barge to Hell? since the BOH is in December, are they even going to do another 70k?

Number of sets seen: 23ish: God Dethroned (1.5x), Diamond Plate (2x), Pretty Maids (1x), Athiest (1x), Eluveitie (2x), annihilator (2x), amorphis (1.5x), Children of Bodom (1.75x), Hammerfall (.5x), Crowbar (.5x), Venom (.5x), Vicious Rumors (2x), Candlemass (.5x), Cannibal Corpse (.75x), Nightwish (2 songs), Kataklysm (1x) Megora (one song) Sapiency (2 songs) Tristania (2 songs) Coronor (2x) Channel Zero (3-4 songs) Overkill (2x) Samael (3 songs)

Favorite Performance(s): Hmm i would have to say my favorate performance would have to have been Kataklysm on the pool stage. Im not a huge fan of that band but damn, they crushed it! Other ones that were fantastic were Annihilator on the pool stage and both Eluveitie sets. Both Diamond Plate sets were amazing too!!!

Least Favorite Performance(s): Alexi Laiho throwing a temper tantrum like a fucking kid on the pool deck stage throwing his guitar across the stage. what a little baby!
    Jeff Waters "guitar clinic" was stupid as well-talk about a dude with an ego. I thought he would show us some technique stuff but all it ended up being was story telling and guitar karaoke.

[b]Favorite Moment (Non-Performance)
    : On wednesday, i was between bands and decided to get some pizza. I sit down next to these 2 guys. Turns out to be Robert Lowe from Candlemass/Solitude Aeturnus (who im a huge fan of but i didnt recognize him). He is a really laid back "texas redneck" guy and we hung out for a few hours.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 1
    (number of autographs/things signed -- 6; I went to the Children of Bodom autograph session-nothing special and alexi smeeared all my shit by stacking them one on top of each other. stupid

Total Bill: $533.09. 1 shirt, some internet service, new sunglasses and quite a bit of booze

Other Highlights: Talking to Dave Padden from Annihilator-i asked him if they were playing anything off one of their albums-he said "maybe" then they ended up playing it. The next day, he sits next to me during COB's chours line set-i thanked him for playing that song and gave him a beer. a cool dude who i hung out with when we exited the boat as well. One of the most menacing looking dudes on the boat was Lord Abraiem from Dark Funeral. Im not a fan of them really however, he was a really friendly dude. We talked about Masse's departure (caligula for those who are into them) and some Hypocrisy stuff ( he is good friends with Peter Tagtgren).

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: I will work on that this week.
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    BOH HERE WE COME!!!!

Aeon The Crown Ex Deo Flotsam & Jetsam Harm Helstar Heathen King Diamond Kreator Old Man's Child Pain Solution.45 Sanctification Sinister Susperia Sybreed Zonaria
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:15 am

Warphine wrote:Candlemass - Anybody know the song title?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbFAXBloAQ&hd=1

Dark Are The Veils Of Death from the Nightfall album.

Number of sets seen: 20 something. Don't feel like listing them all but I saw Moonsorrow, Hammerfall, and Candlemass both times for the full set, most of several others' sets.

Favorite Performance(s): Orphaned Land was a big highlight, also Hammerfall really surprised me with the quality of both setlists.

Least Favorite Performance(s): I watched the first few songs from Children of Bodom but couldn't get into it. Can't stand their new albums, so I left.

[b]Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Getting a kickass picture with Snowy Shaw, also the guy from Suffocation on karaoke. Total train wreck status.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 1 - Orphaned Land. And only because I was getting merch at around 10pm when there was NO LINE (shocker to all you poor fuckers who waited 3 hours) and they happened to be there.

Total Bill: $313.77 - all but about 50 of that was booze. I'm sure not as much as some people.

Other Highlights: I was really glad that all the band members I talked to were super nice and just seemed happy to be there. I'm not the type to try and talk their ear off but they were all very polite. Also, this being my first year, when I first got on the boat I was exploring a little and just seeing all the artists walking around, eating, getting drinks, etc... it blew my mind a little.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 226&type=1
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:01 am

Number of sets seen: 24: Alestorm (2x), Annihilator (2x), Atheist (1x due to sleep), Candlemass (2x), Coroner (1x due to conflict), Crowbar (1.25x due to conflict), Eluveitie (2x), God Dethroned (2x), In Extremo (2x), My Dying Bride (2x), Orphaned Land (1x due to merch line), Pretty Maids (2x), Tankard (1x due to exhaustion), Therion (2x)... less than 1 song list (zeros excluded, of course): Nightwish, Edguy, Cannibal Corpse, Overkill, Vicious Rumors, Children Of Bodom, Whiplash

Favorite Performance(s): God Dethroned's Pool deck show was the most fun I had the whole time, and their final show ever was very close.

Least Favorite Performance(s):

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance):

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0
    (number of autographs/things signed -- 0) Didn't take many pics with bands, just of them, but pics with God Dethroned and Crowbar are very special to me.

Total Bill: $38. 1 70k shirt and 1 trip to Johnny Rockets

Other Highlights: Meeting and hanging out with all of you and some non-forumite awesome folks too... I hate to play favorites with any of you guys, cause I seriously enjoyed meeting every one of you that I met, but a few people made me feel like close friends I'd known for years, not just days, and 1 person in particular absolutely blew my mind!!!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Currently uploading to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/beingbillhumphrey and I will post some favorites on the forum as well...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:42 am

[b]I'm fairly certain that is Eric you are talking about. He actually lives in Calgary too (we went to same college/concerts and have a lot of similar friends but hadn't met before) and had met him as well as a bunch of his friends when they came to my rescue on the Monday night and those guys were a BLAST to hang out with and why I was so completely bombed on the Monday night

Probably. He would be very easy to pick out. He definitely had a Rob Zombie shirt on at some point. He wasn't a dick mosher at all. He was able to properly go apeshit without running into alot of people. I was very impressed by this dude. :lol

Now that I think about it, I was headbanging next to Vikingbitch during Eluveitie on their first set. I don't generally drink so I have a pretty clear memory. I just remember a blonde chick next to me with glasses headbanging and thinking "this chick is pretty fucking awesome" Didn't match the forum person at the time.

Speaking of the chicks at shows.... Girls there could windmill headbang their ass off. It was unreal. We don't get that shit in the U.S. I was stunned. Go Europe! (most likely Germany)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 am

Great thread Ecliptica....it will take me awhile to collect my thoughts in order to answer the questions (also to edit and upload my pix and videos)...but will attempt to within the next few days.
    All I can say right now really is wow.....did that trip really happen or was I dreaming? :beerwink: The experience, the music, and especially all of you great people....too fantastic for words really. :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 am

Sets seen: 15 - Alestorm (1), Amorphis (2 songs), Annihilator (2), Candlemass (2 Songs), Edguy (2), Eluveitie (5 seconds), Exciter (1), God Dethroned (1), Hammerfall (1.5), Kamelot (1.5), Riot (2), Stratovarius (1 song), Vicious Rumors (1), Virgin Steele (1), Tankard (1), Therion (3 songs)

Favorite Performance(s): Riot's second performance followed by their first - Annihilator - Tankard - Kamelot

Least Favorite Performance(s): Amorphis - I said I wouldn't see them and I caught 2 songs and they bored me, but I tried.
    EDIT: Meant to add that stupid 'special surprise' crap in the Boleros. What the hell was that supposed to be? A bunch of people playing half songs because they don't actually know them. Hodgy seemed to be the only one capable of playing anything in full.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Meeting some Swiss guy (not simon) who thought it would be easier to communicate with me through hand signals rather than speak English. His English was terrible.

Total Bill: $154. Have to give a huge thanks to all of you generous people who bought me drinks during the cruise as many know I was really strapped for cash since I lost my wallet the day before the cruise. :cheers: You guys are awesome!

Other Highlights: Mike Flyntz approaching me and giving me a guitar pick of his because he recognised me from the Rochester and 1st spectrum shows, Karaoke - All of it

Where Can We See Your Pictures: Deck 3 a few days ago
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 am

KevinP wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:
    rwalters wrote:My only complaints about the cruise is that the Spectrum fucking sucks. It just sucks. There is nothing good about it. It sucks. I can't emphasize enough how much it sucks. Also, the excursion lines getting on and off the boat were bullshit. Other than that... perfect.

100% disagree. The Spectrum is, in my opinion, the best venue on the boat. The guy who does the sound in there (I think his name is Mike) seems to be the only one who knows what he's doing.

I loved the sound there last year, this year it seemed to be too muddy. I know a bunch of bands I talked to hated the sound and venue in general. Might have something to do with the low ceiling.

Virgin Steel's sound was terrible in there - but otherwise the sound was quite good in the Spectrum
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 am

Number of sets seen: 24 - Alestorm, Annihilator, Candlemass, Coroner, Dark Funeral, Edguy, Eluveitie (2X), Grave Digger, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Orphaned Land (2X), Overkill, Samael, Stratovarius, Therion (2X), Tristania, Venom, Vicious Rumors

Favorite Performance(s): By far it was Therion's first set on the Pool Stage. Second was Orphaned Land in the Spectrum and third was Moonsorrow's first set in the Spectrum

Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride. Sorry fanboys and fangirls but it just bored the crap out of me. I tried, but they aren't my thing. My most disappointing performance was Stratovarius. Couldn't get into it.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Dinner with Kate at the Starlight Dining Room. The host gave us a table to ourselves. It was really nice.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0 - Not a meet and greet or autograph kinda person

Total Bill: Much lower than expected. Stayed pretty sober most of the trip. Damn budgets :lol:

Other Highlights: All the fun with the forumites. My two dinners at Johnny Rocket's were full of hilarious moments.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Didn't take any. Plenty of other people are far more talented than me at taking pics and vids ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:33 am

rwalters wrote:Now that I think about it, I was headbanging next to Vikingbitch during Eluveitie on their first set. I don't generally drink so I have a pretty clear memory. I just remember a blonde chick next to me with glasses headbanging and thinking "this chick is pretty fucking awesome" Didn't match the forum person at the time.

Speaking of the chicks at shows.... Girls there could windmill headbang their ass off. It was unreal. We don't get that shit in the U.S. I was stunned. Go Europe! (most likely Germany)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks man! I tried to save going full out headbanging for only a few shows so that my neck would survive the week, most of it came out during Kataklysm sets and the last day - especially during Overkill, God Dethroned and Suffocation - holy hell there were so many great neck breaking shows. Really helped that Rachael and I had a spa date Thursday morning (that I fell asleep like 10 minutes into, but felt great after!). I find that odd that you don't see that much in the States. Girls headbang/windmill all the time in Canada :shred:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

KevinP wrote:Other Highlights:
    Oh and watching Laura drunk dance during Therion was just the "bees knees". Never saw her so shitfaced before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh - thanks for reminding me Kevin....I love you too. :roll: :oops: :gulp: :lol: (btw - I totally blame the bartenders who - whenever I ordered a vodka & redbull that night - basically poured a glass filled to the top with vodka and ice and handed me the can of redbull separately - well, that's my excuse anyway and I'm stickin' to it. :lol: :lol: )

during Therion with Alex from Mexico and Jake

Major regret is that I crashed out in the cabin soon after the picture above and therefore missed Dark Funeral later that night :cry: (although I did see them the second time in the Spectrum and loved that gig :beerhorns: )

Happily, I did get up around 4:00 am and enjoyed 2-3 hours of karaoke and even got to dance to one of my favorite Depeche Mode songs - Enjoy the Silence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT3FvDHMyo - FUN!

at karaoke with Mr. P :mrgreen:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

Number of sets seen: 24 I think?

Favorite Performance(s): Therion's first set on the pool deck

Least Favorite Performance(s): Over Kill. Not my thing. I gave it a chance though

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): There were a few. Frank the Tank's karaoke is probably my favorite. It was too funny for words. Hanging out with Fabio a little bit at karaoke was also awesome. Oh and skipping both Nightwish sets to hang out with Jeff :mrgreen:
    We also had dinner with this guy (may have been the singer of Crowbar) and his annoying dumb girlfriend/whore/groupie. It was painfully awkward because she was a bitch and it seemed like he was having a miserable time with her. Somehow we ended up having a brief yet hilarious conversation that was completely inappropriate for dinner, but the dumb bitch didn't know what we were talking about and no one wanted to tell her :lol:

Total Bill: $90 I think

Other Highlights: The food was surprisingly good. Even the buffet. And the pizza wasn't as bad as some of you made it sound :lol: It wasn't great, but it wasn't disgusting.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: I have some pictures on facebook. Not very many and most of them are from Therion and Kamelot
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

by Metaluke17 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:09 am

It was a great trip, the boat was awesome, and the crew was very nice and well organized, the food was very good and I might have gained a few pounds. I wish I could tell as much praise from UMC, but there were few little things that need to be fixed for next year, and I’m talking about the lack of a full running orders few days before the cruise, delay on merch store opening and delay on pool deck stage assembly, that postponed Overkill to the 3rd day and put Tankard 2nd set around 4am, so I was unable to attend.
    Beside that I can’t tell any negative points, sun was there, people were all great (All Guests, Event Managers, Crew and Band members),

The line-up was like buffet at the Windjammer, almost anything looks tasty but we are bounded to be humans so I think I couldn’t really handle a “better” line up without cutting something I would love to see. Therefore there was something good for every one of us.

Of course I will consider to come back next year whatever is the line-up and destination, it will only be a matter of budget.

Number of sets seen: 16 full sets (only?) and many chunks

1. Overkill (Both full sets)
    2. Atheist (Both full sets)
    3. Alestorm (Both full sets)
    4. Annihilator (1st full set and ¾ of the 2nd set)
    5. Suffocation (half of 1st + full 2nd set)
    6. Vicious Rumors (1st full set and ¼ of 2nd set)
    7. Venom (1st full set)
    8. Dark Funeral (2nd full set)
    9. Grave Digger (2nd full set)
    10. Kataklysm (1st full set)
    11. Tankard (1st full set)
    12. Riot (2nd full set)
    13. Massacre (2nd full set)
    14. Cannibal Corpse (¾ of 2nd set)
    15. Pestilence (¾ of 1st set)
    16. Samael (half of 1st set)
    17. Coroner (Half and half)
    18. Stratovarius (¼ of 1st set)
    19. Nightwish (3 last songs of 1st set)
    20. Therion (2 last songs of 2nd set)
    21. Whiplash (2 last songs of 1st set)
    22. Kamelot (2 last songs of 1st set)
    23. Eluveitie (1 song)
    24. Pretty Maids (1 song)
    25. Virgin Steele (1 song)
    26. Candlemass (1 song)
    27. Megora (1 song)
    28. Sapiency (1 song)
    29. Diamond Plate (nothing)
    30. Children of Bodom (nothing)
    31. Exciter (nothing)
    32. God Dethroned (nothing)
    33. Hammerfall (nothing)
    34. Edguy (nothing)
    35. Amorphis (nothing)
    36. Moonsorrow (nothing)
    37. In Extremo (nothing)
    38. Orphaned Land (nothing)
    39. My Dying Bride (nothing)
    40. Tristania (nothing)
    41. Channel Zero (nothing)
    42. Crowbar (nothing)

Favorite Performance(s): Dark Funeral (perfect set), Riot (most emotional), Atheist, Kataklysm (perfect set) and Suffocation at the Spectrum Lodge; Alestorm (so funny), Overkill and Grave Digger on Pool Deck; Annihilator (perfect set) and Venom at Chorus Line.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Coroner is the only one I was looking forward to not miss and didn’t stay until the end on the first show but I enjoyed Reborn Through Hate on Pool Deck

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Hanging around with Atheist members, returning from Cayman Islands to see Lord Ahriman and Chaq Mol of Dark Funeral in my cabin with my roommate.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: M&G: 1: Annihilator, but missed Overkill and Venom, no clinic.
    (Number of autographs/things signed -- 5; 3 by Annihilator (Never Neverland cd booklet, and 2 pages setlist from their previous Canadian show at Trois-Rivières Metalfest. 2 by Atheist: Unquestionable Presence cd booklet, and Piece of time tape booklet, they were really impressed to see, saying “man, this is old school!!”.
    Got all my pics with musicians outside of Meet & Greets: with Jeff Waters of Annihilator, Bobby Blitz & DD Verni of Overkill, Gerre of Tankard, Christopher Bowes of Alestorm, Lord Ahriman of Dark Funeral, Kelly Shaefer of Atheist, Travis Morgan (Atheist), Chris Baker (Atheist) and Jeroen Paul Thesseling (Pestilence). I guess I could have abuse more but I’m not such a groupie.

Total Bill: about $180, mostly in Merchandising, probably only 50$ of beer, not only the price has cut my drinking ambition but also the tight schedule that would not let me much time to sleep (average 5h sleep) and recover.

Other Highlights: Captain (?) Sense of humour during the mandatory security demonstration, Gerre of Tankard totally wasted.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Currently uploading pics on facebook (see link on the side), just ask for friendship I will add anyone who was on the ship.
    2012: 4065
    Returning in 2014 cabin 3029

wishlist: D.R.I., King Diamond, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Necrophobic, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, Vreid, Suicidal Angels, Exumer, Hatchet, Myrath.
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:23 pm

mooyagi wrote: Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride. Sorry fanboys and fangirls but it just bored the crap out of me. I tried, but they aren't my thing.

MDB is most certainly not for moonicorns!! :lol: :P ;)
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, disappointing lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Good lineup, great time.
    2021 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Ogre wrote:
    mooyagi wrote: Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride. Sorry fanboys and fangirls but it just bored the crap out of me. I tried, but they aren't my thing.

It was totally lacking in rainbows, sparkles and happiness :lol:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Number of sets seen: Let me see... 2xMoonsorrow, 2xAlestorm, 2xOrphaned Land, 2xTherion (just because they played the pool stage both times and we were hanging out there with friends), 2xOverkill, 1 Eluveitie, 1 Children of Bodom, 1 Hammerfall, 1 Pretty Maids, a few songs with Candlemass, Grave Digger, Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, Tankard, Atheist, My Dying bride.

Favorite Performance(s): the first Moonsorrow set was definitely the highlight for me! I was also very impressed by Orphaned Land so I ended up watching both sets.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Sadly I have to say the second Moonsorrow show, nothing to do with the band's performance though, but the sound was so fucking terrible. I had to move from the front row to the back just to be able to hear what was going on and then there was this idiot moshing and slamming into me all the time so I had to keep moving and never really got a chance to enjoy the music :cry: I am also very disappointed that they didn't get to play the pool stage :evil:

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): I don't think I have one single moment, but I really enjoyed the beach party, the preparty, the forum meet up and in general the first day on the cruise, because everybody was so excited. The last two days people were getting a bit tired, so there wasn't the same hype :) And it was lots of fun to sit with our finnish friends and getting a few morning beers on the pool deck while waiting to get to Georgetown. Lots of unforgettable new words and band names were created that day :cheers:

We got a few pictures with some band members, but didn't talk to many. Moonsorrow stayed at our hotel, so we saw them the night before the cruise and I really didn't want to stalk them too much :mrgreen: But I am really happy I got a picture with Bobby Blitz, he's such an awesome guy.

Total Bill: Around 600-620$ for the both of us, only booze and two cups of coffee. It was less than I expected, so a nice suprise.

Other Highlights: The food was better than I expected, the staff was awesome, they put incredible amounts of alcohol in the drinks.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: they will be on Facebook SOON.
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ogre wrote:

It was totally lacking in rainbows, sparkles and happiness :lol:

as they said, "You can smile and have fun, when we are done." haha
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    strangeways
    Crewman
    Location: Greater Chicagoland area - United States of America

by strangeways » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:46 pm

CANDLEMASS performing Epicus Doomicus Metallicus in it's entirety with the original vocalist!

That was the show of the cruise!

Also great were ANNIHILATOR, CORONER, EXCITER, GRAVE DIGGER, OVERKILL, PRETTY MAIDS, RIOT (RIP Mark), and VENOM.
    2013 Wish List: Accept, Ace Frehley, Angel Witch, Anvil, BOC, Cirith Ungol, Doro, Helstar, Immortal, Love/Hate, Lucifer's Friend, Motorhead, Pentagram, Rose Tattoo, Running Wild, Saxon, Savatage, Slough Feg, Sodom, Trouble, Warrior Soul, Wolf
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:as they said, "You can smile and have fun, when we are done." haha

:lol: :lol: Loved that part. Also loved when he was randomly like "Who is going snorkeling with the sting rays tomorrow?"
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:08 pm

strangeways wrote:CANDLEMASS performing Epicus Doomicus Metallicus in it's entirety with the original vocalist!

That was soooo epic. Johan performed with sooo much "soul" for singing doom. Not sure if thats the right description but thats the first thing I thought of when he was singing with them.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Number of sets seen: 32 sets....about the same as last year for me, or maybe more?

Two sets:
    Candlemass, Samael, MyDyingBride, Pretty Maids (can't believe that but they were fun!), Atheist, Annihilator, Overkill (but nodding off and dog tired so left part way through, Amorphis, Coroner, Dark Funeral, God Dethroned

One Set:
    Grave Digger, Cannibal Corpse, Tankard, Pestilence (two partial sets equal one set i guess), Kataklysm, Alestorm, Nightwish (still don't care for them much LOL), Orphaned Land (great set!), Therion, Venom

Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride pool deck, Samael Chorus Line, Coroner pool deck, Candlemass Chorus Line, God Dethroned pool deck, Dark Funeral pool deck (and getting yelled at by some hater who didn't like pink backpacks), Annihilator Chorus Line, Atheist Spectrum.

Least Favorite Performance(s): was bummed that Pestilence and Venom both had technical issues for each of their first sets. still glad to have seen them though.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Can't narrow it to one - My Highway Star performance at karaoke late tuesday/early wednesday where i really gave it my all, creepy post-it notes with Gnoff and later at post-party, My (Crying) Bride on the pool deck, going to karaoke EVERY night, slow dancing with guys 13-year old style including Hamish from MDB, being more famous and recognizable than My Dying Bride in an elevator, having NO hangovers, doing Lady and the Tramp with bacon instead of spaghetti, pulling an all nighter and getting super slap happy (poor Bentz and poor Necrobarr), meeting so many awesome people....

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: Saw some parts of the Jeff Waters deal. too hot in that room though. open the doors in Boleros!

Total Bill: Around $300 both of us, way less than i thought.

Other Highlights: Saying Jag vill ha din kropp to every Swede i saw, the food was better than I remembered, the wait staff ruled, everything was amazing, i wanna go back tomorrow!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: they're being added to my facebook - friends first then bands. peeps can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0161079212
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh another highlight:
    When some guy asked me to sign his shirt and he had a bunch of forum people's faces printed on it including myself! That was really cool
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Number of sets seen: I saw 24 out of the 28 bands I wanted to see. Some of them twice. Bummed I missed Riot and Moonsorrow's second set.

Favorite Performance(s): Therion both sets. Orphaned Land, Eluveitie, Moonsorrow, Nightwish, Pretty Maids, In Extremo, Dark Funeral, Kamelot, and Samael.

Least Favorite Performance(s): I really didn't have any. I enjoyed all the bands I decided to see.

Favorite Moments (Non-Performance): Giving Snowy Shaw "the card" at the pre-party and him loving it and showing everyone. He was saying to the other band guys..."you didn't get one of these". He told everyone he was keeping it forever. :D Was a bucket list moment for sure. Thanks Ryan for your brilliant idea. ;)

Also, the camel toe story Snowy told me in the buffet. I just love that guy. :mrgreen:

The picture Donn and I plotted for the pre-party. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0 - Had my own private meet and greets with all the guys I posted in the ladies thread. ;)

Total Bill: $142. Mostly merch and a case of water.

Other Highlights:
    Hanging with the forumites.
    Hanging out in Hell with Dark Funeral. :twisted: They had no idea Hell was there until I told them. It was so funny to see them get all excited about having their passports stamped that they went to Hell. :lol:
    The 3-way with me, Evil Red and Anton Evilgoat. :lol:
    Seeing Cronos in those awful red spandex shorts. :shock:
    Kevin the Vegemite construction worker. :lol:

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: On Facebook.
    Last edited by Goddess of Metal on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Number of sets seen: 29'ish - Alestorm(x2), Tristania(x1), Moonsorrow(x1), Nightwish(x2), Exciter(x1), Orphaned Land(x.5ish), God Dethroned(x1), Pretty Maids(x2), Kamelot(x2), Stratovaius(x2), Therion(x2), Children of Bodom(x2), Hammerfall(x2), My Dying Bride (1.3ish. Hung out in the Viking crown for most of their second set), Dark Funeral(x1), Annihilator(x1), Kataklysm(x1), Eluveitie(x1. Would have been 2 but I passed out before they could play the first night :evil: ), In Extremo(x1), Venom(x1), Edguy(x1)

Favorite Performance(s): Nightwish, Kamelot, and Therion were my top three. Just about everyone I saw were great, though, so it's a tough choice!

Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride put me to sleep with their first performance haha I had to get out of there and go to another stage to wake myself back up.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Randomly wandered into a cabin full of forumites on the third morning while trailing a newly-made friend :cheers:

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 1. Just went to the Nightwish meet and greet. Spent so much time in the line that I was ready to get the hell out of there and go back to the concerts for the rest of the day.

Total Bill: I just know it's under $200. Need to drink more next time :twisted:

Other Highlights: One of my friends, who's a huge Nightwish fan, couldn't make the cruise. Jukka agreed to, and let me record a 20 second video of him saying a personalized little hello to her to make up for it a little bit. Running into various band members everywhere every half hour or so never got old either. By the last day there were a few who were acknowledging me freely when I passed them haha. Then the water on the beach at Cayman was so warm and great. I didn't want to get out, just wanted to swim back to the ship! The drinks and food on board were great as well. I could definitely get used to living like that!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Only have half of them on my computer, working on uploading the other half when I can find the cord for my camera. Will have them sorted after and the selections will be uploaded at some point soon hopefully.
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Number of sets seen: about 20ish

Favorite Performance(s): Kamelot with Fabio made me cumalot, Therion both sets, Amorphis second set, Alestorm poolstage

Least Favorite Performance(s): Bodom,

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Drinking with you lot, Being on stage with alestorm, Being on CNN, Winning the belly flop contest

Least Favorite moment: Meeting crono's that fucker can rot in hell for all i care, being cock teased by some norwegian woman dont take me to your room for " Some fun " do nothing then take me to my room for same reason and try and steel my pancho.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 1 jeff waters

(number of autographs/things signed) 2 guitar picks thanks to our swedish giant but no one took me up on my guitar pick offer sad to say

Total Bill: 456.22

Other Highlights: doing tons of interviews and pictures with people in all my dets gear

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: This week im launching a new website with a facebook as well will link when its availbe but here is a little video clip i took i dident take many sad to say but here

http://youtu.be/GaOFDpMRzbQ
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Number of sets seen: Overkill 2X; Atheist 1X; Alestorm 1X; Annihilator 2X; Suffocation 2X; Venom 2X; Grave Digger 1X; Kataklysm 2X; Tankard 1X; Massacre 1X; Cannibal Corpse 1X; Pestilence 1X; Coroner 1X; Nightwish 1X (only like 2 songs though, ugh the singing); Therion 1X; Whiplash 1X; Eluveitie 1X; Candlemass 1X; Children of Bodom 2X; God Dethroned 2X; Edguy 1X; Amorphis 2X; Moonsorrow 1X; Orphaned Land 1X; My Dying Bride 1X; Tristania 1X

Favorite Performance(s): KATAKLYSM. Damn. There are NOT words. God Dethroned's final show was unbelievable, I will never forget that set. Suffocation second set. Amorphis in the Chorus Line was jaw dropping. My Dying Bride put on an unbelievable performance on the pool deck, watching the singer on stage practically crawl around and seeing him tap into some kind of emotional pain in his past and then put it into the music with everything he had. Putting himself and all of that emotion into the music was unlike anything I had ever seen before and chilled me to my spine. Orphaned Land were amazing on the pool deck, to hear them finish with Ornaments of Gold was unreal.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Nightwish. Ugh the vocals.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Spent well over 6 collective hours hanging out with Kataklysm. They would come and find me in bars to hang out with. Maurizio kissed me on the cheek after sincerely telling me how awesome I am. Just chatting music with them was amazing.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: Went to the Kataklysm meet and greet where I had a couple albums signed, managed to pick up one of their set lists that I got signed later on.

Total Bill: $492.00 - giant thanks to the many that bought me drinks this year, made it possible to buy drinks for Kataklysm :bangers:

Other Highlights: FINALLY getting a chance to share a bucket of beer with Walter after our decimating loss to our bet; Seeing 2/4 of Viathyn’s balls in Boleros; Deciding that Polygamy works when different countries are involved so that Gnoff can be both me and Rhia’s Swedish husband; Made fun of Hammerfall TO Hammerfall. Oh it was bad. SO SO BAD; Running into Jeff Waters at around 7:30 in the morning and having him say “you haven’t been to bed yet have you sweetie? Awweee” then patting me on the head; Elevator mosh pit; Everyone supporting Rob sing All Hands on Deck in Boleros and the camaraderie; all the really cool Albertans that I met; MEETING AND HANGING OUT WITH ALL OF YOU CRAZY ASSHOLES <3 There are too many moments to put on here. Way too damn many.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: haven't uploaded them yet, I only took about 8 pictures the entire trip though :lol:

I just wanted to thank everyone for such a great time, my apologies if I wasn't as social this year although I would like to blame that on A) finding it physically difficult to talk B) being in a constant state of either hungover/drunk/SCHMAMMERED drunk and C) being ridiculously A.D.D. the entire time. It was wonderful to meet so many of you and see so many of you again, can we do it all again SOON?!?!
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Another highlight for me was seeing the alestorm singer trashed off his ass 24/7.so funny!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Total Bill: $492.00 - giant thanks to the many that bought me drinks this year, made it possible to buy drinks for Kataklysm :bangers:

Other Highlights: FINALLY getting a chance to share a bucket of beer with Walter after our decimating loss to our bet; Seeing 2/4 of Viathyn’s balls in Boleros; Deciding that Polygamy works when different countries are involved so that Gnoff can be both me and Rhia’s Swedish husband; Made fun of Hammerfall TO Hammerfall. Oh it was bad. SO SO BAD; Running into Jeff Waters at around 7:30 in the morning and having him say “you haven’t been to bed yet have you sweetie? Awweee” then patting me on the head; Elevator mosh pit; Everyone supporting Rob sing All Hands on Deck in Boleros and the camaraderie; all the really cool Albertans that I met; MEETING AND HANGING OUT WITH ALL OF YOU CRAZY ASSHOLES <3 There are too many moments to put on here. Way too damn many.

I just wanted to thank everyone for such a great time, my apologies if I wasn't as social this year although I would like to blame that on A) finding it physically difficult to talk B) being in a constant state of either hungover/drunk/SCHMAMMERED drunk and C) being ridiculously A.D.D. the entire time. It was wonderful to meet so many of you and see so many of you again, can we do it all again SOON?!?!

that jeff waters comment is hilarious! and you were either drunk or hungover most of the times i saw you! WAY TO RAGE DUDE!!!!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Just thought of another awesome moment : Marlo trying to tackle me in one of the hallways on the last night while totally hammered. Then I think I threatened to throw her through a window. We really bonded on this cruise. :oops:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Another highlight for me was seeing the alestorm singer trashed off his ass 24/7.so funny!

He was hanging all over Maurizio Iacono (Kataklysm) in karaoke trying to get him to sing. I happened to walk up to them and Maurizio looks at me and says "HELP ME" with this really desperate look on his face. So I ran up and hugged him and took him away from the Alestorm guy. I got a very nice hug from one very hot guy thanks to that drunk fool. :D Creep inside baby! :mrgreen: Actually, Maurizio and I do know each other from last year's Ex Deo tour. ;)

A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride. Sorry fanboys and fangirls but it just bored the crap out of me. I tried, but they aren't my thing. ;)

This makes me very happy. The day you start listening to quality music and enjoying it is the day things stop making sense :lol: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:22 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Least Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride. Sorry fanboys and fangirls but it just bored the crap out of me. I tried, but they aren't my thing. ;)

This makes me very happy. The day you start listening to quality music and enjoying it is the day things stop making sense :lol: :P :lol:

I was hoping he'd enjoy it! alas, no...........

AlaskaRachel wrote:Oh another highlight:
    When some guy asked me to sign his shirt and he had a bunch of forum people's faces printed on it including myself! That was really cool

Ah, I heard about him but never saw him. Damn! though from what I heard he had the pic of the back of my head, so maybe he wouldn't have believed it was me to let me sign it :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 pm

mooyagi wrote:Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Dinner with Kate at the Starlight Dining Room. The host gave us a table to ourselves. It was really nice.

Awwww :mrgreen:. It was really nice :D

Number of sets seen: 20 bands, 22 sets (though many incomplete) - Alestorm, Annihilator, Candlemass, Coroner, Dark Funeral, Edguy (had to leave after a couple of songs :shock: , can't say I didn't try), Eluveitie (2X), Grave Digger, Kamelot, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Orphaned Land (2X), Overkill, Samael, Therion (2X), Tristania, Venom, Vicious Rumors, Pretty Maids

Favorite Performance(s): Therion on the pool deck. Though Eluveitie on the pool deck was really awesome too. Totally woke me up when I was about ready to pass out.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Edguy :shock: :shock: :shock:

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Fancy ass dinner date with the Crappin' Ryan himself :mrgreen:. Also seeing Alexi Laiho do Staying Alive 70000 tons of ghetto style and of course, the awesome Pengy doing All Hands on Deck! :deathhorns:

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: None.

Total Bill: 350ish, I believe. Large part was due to getting a t shirt, tank and hoodie.

Other Highlights: Meeting all of you awesome people! sushi before the post party with Ryan and Ben, the sushi slayer and the post party post it wars :D.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Will upload to photobucket and post here at some point.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Just thought of another awesome moment : Marlo trying to tackle me in one of the hallways on the last night while totally hammered. Then I think I threatened to throw her through a window. We really bonded on this cruise. :oops:

I remember that! Yeaaah. Was kinda violent this past week :oops:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Just thought of another awesome moment : Marlo trying to tackle me in one of the hallways on the last night while totally hammered. Then I think I threatened to throw her through a window. We really bonded on this cruise. :oops:

I remember that! Yeaaah. Was kinda violent this past week :oops:

you totally out-Beasted me! i loved it! picking people up, tackling people, i might have to drop the Beast from my name with you out there tearing it up! You and Kent were more beastly than i was for sure.

i was still a wizard though, a baconwizard! LOL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 pm

KevinP wrote:The day you start listening to quality music and enjoying it is the day things stop making sense :lol: :P :lol:

We do have some bands in common ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Fancy ass dinner date with the Crappin' Ryan himself :mrgreen:

Hey I didn't crap all dinner long! In fact, I was quite good about pooping this year. Only once per day :mrgreen:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Another highlight for me was seeing the alestorm singer trashed off his ass 24/7.so funny!

I hope someone got video of him dancing during karaoke the last night of the cruise. It was hilarious.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Favorite Moments (Non-Performance): Giving Snowy Shaw "the card" at the pre-party and him loving it and showing everyone. He was saying to the other band guys..."you didn't get one of these". He told everyone he was keeping it forever. :D Was a bucket list moment for sure. Thanks Ryan for your brilliant idea. ;)

I really wish I could've seen you give the card to him. Glad he liked it! :lol:
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 am

KevinP wrote:Least Favorite Performance(s): didn't really have a bad experience with any bad per say. But I hung around the pool for 3 Nightwish songs and just wasn't my thing. Same for Katakylsm. 1st Samael performance was super high energy but that drm machine makes all the old songs sound like I was at an extreme techno metal dance rave. :lol:

Agreed. I am done with hoping. I guess if you love something it is hard to let it go and I think I need to do that with them. I keep seeking the "magic" of CoO and to hear the first minute of a favorite song of mine (rebellion) and not know wtf was going on cause of the altered techno drum machine beat is fairly sad. :bangers: Samael but past the Rebellion EP, I am done. I am becoming old and yelling for the old stuff it seems.

Had fun but I'll admit I am no longer booking as early as I did. Kept hoping for black metal or brutal bands and it never happened. I am happy there was more death metal love this time around. I rekindled my liking of suffocation. My Dying Bride were great (and a fave) as were Orphan Land, Cannibal Corpse, and Dark Funeral.

Total bill was $178, the cost of booze deterred me from giving cost to the benefit. 88 was duty free goodness that was negated by having my bags wrapped outta MIA since it is the first airport I ever had shit stolen outta my bag.

Overall, happy to be home. Less depressed than before on return (nice to see my wife! :boobs: ).

:bangers: to all the forum folk I met (Kevin, Eric, Laura, Bentz(and wife), vikingbitch, and Rhia) I know I am not the most social dude but was nice to put a face to a forum name.
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

by ejd715 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Fancy ass dinner date with the Crappin' Ryan himself :mrgreen:

Hey I didn't crap all dinner long! In fact, I was quite good about pooping this year. Only once per day :mrgreen:

That pizza tore me up-just saying!!!
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    BOH HERE WE COME!!!!

Aeon The Crown Ex Deo Flotsam & Jetsam Harm Helstar Heathen King Diamond Kreator Old Man's Child Pain Solution.45 Sanctification Sinister Susperia Sybreed Zonaria