Post Reply 167 posts
70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 am

ejd715 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Fancy ass dinner date with the Crappin' Ryan himself :mrgreen:

Hey I didn't crap all dinner long! In fact, I was quite good about pooping this year. Only once per day :mrgreen:

That pizza tore me up-just saying!!!

Only had pizza once. Maybe that saved me
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:12 am

I had lots of pizza and produced less than the normal amount of methane. My brain and body just become numb to all the outside bullshit of reality on these trips :death: :lol: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

Can't even begin to recap yet. Still recovering. I didn't write at all on the ship, so I'm trying to remember everything several days after the fact. So far, I've written about 100 pages (with a pen, not a keyboard), and I still haven't gotten to Day 4. And I keep remembering stuff that I didn't write down. (I had originally hoped to get forumites to sign my book, but never got around to it.)

Reading this forum has my adrenaline going crazy, and I can hardly focus on any of the words. I rarely got the camera out, so I'm counting on stealing everyone else's.

Way behind on my :wank: quota, so I've got some catching up to do. I was expecting the ceiling of the cabin to look like Carlsberg Caverns. :twisted:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Number of sets seen: about 20, which as perfect for me!

Favorite Performance(s): Tankard, at 4am, on the pool deck. I fuckign love that band, and that setlist was SUPERB! 2nd best, Edguy - pool deck - a dash of Maiden anyone?

Least Favorite Performance(s): Virgin Steele. I don't get it.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Jeff Waters giving me a nickname, and then not using my real name for the rest ofthe cruise.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0
    Number of 'things' aquired - Tankard drum stick, pic and setlist, Edguy drumstick, Annihilator pic , Exciter drum stick, and a Virgin Steele pic, which is going to a freind who is a HUGE fan

Total Bill: $270 - last year was $550 so this was a pleasant surprise!

Other Highlights: KARAOKE! Meeting Tobias from Edguy and being SO nervous my leg was shaking - partying with My Dying Bride and Exciter (all excellent guys!) and the random jam - it was awesome to watch random band members and non band members play - and holy fuck is the drummer of Annihilator TALENTED!!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: ON FB, soon!

ps - I STILL have sea legs! :stagger:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Just thought of another awesome moment : Marlo trying to tackle me in one of the hallways on the last night while totally hammered. Then I think I threatened to throw her through a window. We really bonded on this cruise. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember that! Yeaaah. Was kinda violent this past week :oops:

you totally out-Beasted me! i loved it! picking people up, tackling people, i might have to drop the Beast from my name with you out there tearing it up! You and Kent were more beastly than i was for sure.

i was still a wizard though, a baconwizard! LOL

:lol: Oh man Rhia you don't even know, Simon (last_candle) and I actually full out wrestled on one of the decks at like 5 or 6 in the morning (while Andy was passed out on a chair beside us, bastard wouldn't wake up to defend my honor although apparently he had already done that in an elevator the day before). I remember run-tackling Kent once or twice. Reason why I woke up with blood on my face the second day in Miami was in Flannigans - John (from New York) and I were doing like a mini-pit in the bar and I ended up face planting into a corner. My favorite Norweigans Martin and Esbven were the most dangerous the entire trip though man. Every time they saw me they would throw me over their shoulders or we would try pushing each other around. The worst was chest pumping them, but since I'm so short a chest pump turned into my face hitting a giant Norweigan/viking's chest and my front tooth felt loose for the rest of the week :lol:

Note to self: Get less drunk next year and be more cuddly rather than violent :lol:

EDIT: Another hilarious moment, at the airport when Joey was still drunk off rum (he kept passing out everywhere) we get to security and instead of saying "oh yeah you need to take off your boots" he said "oh yeah you need to take off your WARLOCK BOOTS". I don't know if it was being tired or what but I could not stop giggling about that :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am

we did? :shock:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 am

last_candle wrote:we did? :shock:

LOL YUP! The sun was just rising and we had just come out of Boleros, Simon we were wrestling for like five minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 am

EvilDan wrote: So far, I've written about 100 pages (with a pen, not a keyboard), and I still haven't gotten to Day 4. And I keep remembering stuff that I didn't write down. (I had originally hoped to get forumites to sign my book, but never got around to it.)

I hope that you decide to post everything once you have it done! I'm looking forward to the paragraph re: getting "vikingbitch-slapped" during Kataklysm ;) :lol:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

LOL YUP! The sun was just rising and we had just come out of Boleros, Simon we were wrestling for like five minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:

what I can't remember...didn't happen ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 pm

last_candle wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

I used that line with Marlo last year too :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Number Of Sets Seen:
    Venom 2x, My Dying Bride 2x, Amorphis 2x, Eluveite 2x, Therion 2x, Suffocation 2x, Crowbar 1x, Coroner 1x, Cannibal Corpse 1x, Massacre 1x, Overkill 1x, Candlemass 1x, Dark Funeral 1x, Hammerfall 1x, Alestrorm 1/2, Athiest 1/2, NIghtwish 1/2, Children of Bodom 2 songs.

Favorite Performance(s):
    My Dying Bride killed it. I was blown away. Hands down the best performance. Massacre comes in second. Totally unexpected sound quality and brutal vocals that got my blood pumping.

Least Favorite Performance(s):
    Nightwish. I'm not trying to hate, but it sounded like "Bubblegum Metal"

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance):
    Fkn Karaoke lounge, where my girlfriend and I were hanging out with Frank "The Tank" from Suffocation. We were singing Van Halen at the bar, downing whiskey. A couple of Long Island kids just getting shitfaced 2,000 miles from home. Unreal.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended:
    Venom...that's all I needed.

Other Highlights:
    The great people I met and unfortunately forgot to get any contact info. I hope to see you all again next year. Jay and Tara from Alberta, Canada. Dreadlock Jimmy from England who loves "Blood Red Throne" also. Horns up my man!! Last but not least, Pasi from Finland. I hope I didn't kill you with the double Maker's Mark I bought you. lmao.
    Lounging outside, listening to My Dying Bride, then watching the sun come up, drunk, and half asleep on the deck with my woman was perfect. We can't stop talking about it.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos:
    Who knows. I'm a procrastinator and I'm still thinking about the cruise. I'm trying to savor the moment.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR! NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS THAN METAL!!!
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow! I finally counted the Number Of Sets Seen: It was 34. Pretty amazing. :mrgreen:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I counted mine out. 36.5 and there was a couple of bands that I completely missed that I wanted to see (Stratovarius and Therion). 11 bands I saw 2 full sets of. Crazy fuckin week.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Number Of Sets Seen:
    20 or so
    Favorite Performance(s):
    first Pretty Maids and first Grave Digger

Least Favorite Performance(s):
    first Virgin Steel - the sound was terrible in the Spectrum

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance):
    meeting "everybody" again - especially during the pre-party with countless such encounters

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended:
    I went to Jeff's guitar clinic but left after around ten minutes; it wasn't what I expected...

Other Highlights:
    the Miami Heat game versus the Knicks, awesome game!
    you mean during the cruise? maybe Laura's laughing fit on the stairs - it took her forever to get up to the pool deck for Therion ("Simon, where are we going again?")

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos:
    didn't take a lot - you can see'em on my cam or my phone...feel free to visit ;)
    wishlist '20:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh man, Marlo!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Wow! I finally counted the Number Of Sets Seen: It was 34. Pretty amazing. :mrgreen:

sweet! i saw 32, you're the only one who's beaten me so far. WAY TO GO METAL B-BUD!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Yelena
    Crewman

by Yelena » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:54 pm

BloodRedMike wrote:Least Favorite Performance(s):
    Nightwish. I'm not trying to hate, but it sounded like "Bubblegum Metal"

I love Nightwish but this comment still had me in a giggle fit for the last few minutes :lol:

WizardBeast wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Wow! I finally counted the Number Of Sets Seen: It was 34. Pretty amazing. :mrgreen:

sweet! i saw 32, you're the only one who's beaten me so far. WAY TO GO METAL B-BUD!

Did you people sleep at all? :shock: :lol:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Another few things as memories slowly come back to me.

I enjoyed the elevator mosh on the last morning. The 2 women in the elevator when we got in didn't enjoy it as much though :lol:

On the 4th day I step into a full elevator:
    Guy: Hey Australian guy! Nice to me you!
    Me: I'm not Australian
    Guy: But your t-shirt says Australia
    Me: No it doesn't, it says Austria
    Entire elevator: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made the shirt totally worth it.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Fancy ass dinner date with the Crappin' Ryan himself :mrgreen:

Hey I didn't crap all dinner long! In fact, I was quite good about pooping this year. Only once per day :mrgreen:

You were actually really good! I don't remember you farting, actually :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

last_candle wrote:Other Highlights:
    you mean during the cruise? maybe Laura's laughing fit on the stairs - it took her forever to get up to the pool deck for Therion ("Simon, where are we going again?")

:oops: :roll: :lol: oh good grief! Ha - that was after In Extremo in the Chorus Line (which btw - you had me and Margie in total stitches laughing re your comments about the stinky "they must have let homeless people on the boat" metalheads up front by the stage. And what the heck? No excuses for being stinky on a cruise ship! :lol: :lol: )

Anyway...regarding my silly :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: behavior *that* night....I say (to use an English saying) turn about is fair play! :lol:

Do you remember the following night (early morning - 5 a.m.?) during karaoke when you insisted on sitting with me on the same chair? And deciding to take a bunch of extreme close-up pix? (ok - I think that was my idea :lol: )...and you doing awesome and wild & crazy dancing with Craig's wife Nilay? :P
    GOOD TIMES were had by all I tell 'ya!!
    :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I might've snuck in a few under the covers while we were sleeping :mrgreen:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Hey I didn't crap all dinner long! In fact, I was quite good about pooping this year. Only once per day :mrgreen:

Ewwwwwwwww! though if I didn't notice I guess they weren't too bad :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:You were actually really good! I don't remember you farting, actually :mrgreen:

Well you did complain about how hot it was in the bed :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I might've snuck in a few under the covers while we were sleeping :mrgreen:

Well you did complain about how hot it was in the bed :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:22 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    rwalters wrote:As far people, there was this energetic as fuck mosh dude that was also AT ALOT of shows. Short blonde curly hair. I personally think he was injecting himself with HGH in his downtime cause his energy was unparallel.

:lol: I'm fairly certain that is Eric you are talking about. He actually lives in Calgary too (we went to same college/concerts and have a lot of similar friends but hadn't met before) and had met him as well as a bunch of his friends when they came to my rescue on the Monday night and those guys were a BLAST to hang out with and why I was so completely bombed on the Monday night (for those that remember me apparently stumbling into the Edguy show that I don't really remember :lol: :? ).

Albertan metal heads FTW. Really curious the percentage of cruisers that came from Alberta because I swear I MET more Albertans than Germans this time around.

I'll do a proper review tomorrow. Brain not working well enough yet to properly compose the right sentences to do the past week justice.

Eric was a super high energy dude in the pit, we hung out almost the whole time. He got all bloodied at one point (I think Kataklysm) then when we went to the Alestorm meet & greet, they all signed his face, and Chris wrote "I <3 MEN" on his forehead

Marlo, that was me (Dorian) and Bill from Philly, Eric, and Ben from Melbourne along with some other people that you hung out with a lot of Monday night. We all nerded out talking about comic books, video games, and movies, and then the singer from Tankard hit on you.

Anyway, didn't keep track of every band I saw, and I don't remember off hand due to all the drinking, but my fav performances were Eluveitie at 4 AM, Samael at the Spectrum, Orphaned Land at the Spectrum, COB's 1st show, In Extremo's 1s show, and Alestorm's 1st show (super insane to have the first band in the Spectrum, right?)

Fav moment was Chris from Alestorm at Monday's Karaoke laying on the ground, screaming unintelligibly into the mic.

Most surreal moment was when Orphaned Land was playing on the Pool deck, and looking around and seeing nothing but ocean.
    2015 - cabin 9375
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 pm

TheSalamanizer wrote:Marlo, that was me (Dorian) and Bill from Philly, Eric, and Ben from Melbourne along with some other people that you hung out with a lot of Monday night. We all nerded out talking about comic books, video games, and movies, and then the singer from Tankard hit on you.

Hey Dorian!! I was hoping to get in touch and keep in touch with at least some of you! That first night was such a gong show, forgot how we all practically made nerd love in the casino with each other for about an hour. Good grief :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

during Candlemass's pooldeck set I was enjoying the show in one of my rare chill moments with my feet in the pool, and Marlo came and chilled for a bit... she wanted to be my wingman hahaha
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:during Candlemass's pooldeck set I was enjoying the show in one of my rare chill moments with my feet in the pool, and Marlo came and chilled for a bit... she wanted to be my wingman hahaha

:shock: I don't remember that at alllllll :lol: :lol: :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    TheSalamanizer wrote:Marlo, that was me (Dorian) and Bill from Philly, Eric, and Ben from Melbourne along with some other people that you hung out with a lot of Monday night. We all nerded out talking about comic books, video games, and movies, and then the singer from Tankard hit on you.

Hey Dorian!! I was hoping to get in touch and keep in touch with at least some of you! That first night was such a gong show, forgot how we all practically made nerd love in the casino with each other for about an hour. Good grief :lol:

Awwww - no way. How did we miss a video game nerd out :( We are both massive video game nerds :P

I wore my Mass Effect shirt on the last night and was disappointed no one commented. My wife wore her Skyrim shirt and got some comments, but no-one commented on her Dark Souls one :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:22 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:during Candlemass's pooldeck set I was enjoying the show in one of my rare chill moments with my feet in the pool, and Marlo came and chilled for a bit... she wanted to be my wingman hahaha

:shock: I don't remember that at alllllll :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, you were very much shitted haha!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:29 pm

last_candle wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

well do you remember kidnapping my wife during karaoke on Thursday? Lucky for you I left my sword back in the room you neutral bastard.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Disaster Area wrote: you neutral bastard.

Stop stealing my catchphrases :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 pm

KevinP wrote:

you're Zap Brannigan? Actually, the resemblance is remarkable...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

herre javlar! i'm watching futurama RIGHT NOW!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Yelena wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

Did you people sleep at all? :shock: :lol:

Metal B-Bud :mrgreen:

Sleep... what is that? Seriously, I slept 13 hours total. Less than last cruise. :headbanger:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Laura wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Other Highlights:

:oops: :roll: :lol: oh good grief! Ha - that was after In Extremo in the Chorus Line (which btw - you had me and Margie in total stitches laughing re your comments about the stinky "they must have let homeless people on the boat" metalheads up front by the stage. And what the heck? No excuses for being stinky on a cruise ship! :lol: :lol: )

Anyway...regarding my silly :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: behavior *that* night....I say (to use an English saying) turn about is fair play! :lol:

Do you remember the following night (early morning - 5 a.m.?) during karaoke when you insisted on sitting with me on the same chair? And deciding to take a bunch of extreme close-up pix? (ok - I think that was my idea :lol: )...and you doing awesome and wild & crazy dancing with Craig's wife Nilay? :P
    GOOD TIMES were had by all I tell 'ya!!
    :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

I love this picture!!! Simon the comments regarding the stinky homeless people with a load of shit in their pants was hysterical!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Stop stealing my catchphrases :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

herre javlar! i'm watching futurama RIGHT NOW!

that's because you're frickin' awesome!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:19 am

I enjoyed watching you enjoy that set. Then, when Warphine was standing (windmilling) in the pool near you. Should have gotten a picture of y'all, but I rarely got the camera out. Plus, I think I was talking to Laura and Kate at different points during that time.

Quick recap. I'll have FAR more to say once my brain recovers from the jostling I gave it.

Number of sets seen: ~30. Haven't done a final check.

Favorite Performance(s): 1st Venom Set (hence brain jostling)

Least Favorite Performance(s): I plead the 5th. I wasn't there, and it shall not be spoken of. ;)

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0

Total Bill: No idea. I saw that fucker everywhere! :lol: Always in motion! :beerwink:

EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:56 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    EvilDan wrote: So far, I've written about 100 pages (with a pen, not a keyboard), and I still haven't gotten to Day 4. And I keep remembering stuff that I didn't write down. (I had originally hoped to get forumites to sign my book, but never got around to it.)

I hope that you decide to post everything once you have it done! I'm looking forward to the paragraph re: getting "vikingbitch-slapped" during Kataklysm ;) :lol:

Oh that will definitely get a mention. :beerwink:

I think that was also one of the rare times I saw Evican, but we didn't get a chance to speak. Really, I didn't get to speak with anyone as much as I would have liked.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 am

EvilDan wrote:Really, I didn't get to speak with anyone as much as I would have liked.

Given that we have different tastes, I was surprised at how much I saw you. Going on the Rock and Roll Ribs trip also helped a bit with socializing time.