Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1
Bitching, moaning & Barge to Hell WISHLISTING
  • KevinP
    Commander

Bitching, moaning & Barge to Hell WISHLISTING

by KevinP » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 am

Well, the Skipper said to do all of the above, we should have no problem obliging. Based on the music being played all over the ship, you know UMC is paying attention. I heard 4 Artillery songs in the same day, Unexpect a few times and even a freaking MADDER MORTEM the final morning. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

And since I took the last 2 cruises by myself, I figured I can't really justify going on a 3rd one solo and will convince the wife to go. She likes to drink, so she'd fit right in with the rest of you maniacs (but Andy might have to schedule a Meet N Greet time for all the questions she is bound to be asked :lol: ). And being the parents of a special needs child, we really don't get as much time to do stuff as a "couple" as we used to/should.

BUT the only way we could rationalize a "hit" to our family budget would be IF:

MADDER MORTEM and/or BOLT THROWER were booked.

And hopefully the UMC Crew saw all the Stroopwafels flying around the ship or the cleaning crew told them about all the sticky caramel on the floor. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

Re: Bitching, moaning & Barge to Hell WISHLISTING

by Ogre » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Not much to bitch and moan about (yet), but wishlisting? Now that I can do...

See sig, Skip. Like Kev said, two cruises in a year is a tough hit, but if UMC releases the first list of booked bands and among those names are a few of these: Hypocrisy, Bloodbath, Rotting Christ, Autopsy, At the Gates, Bolt Thrower, I'll happily book for three on day one!!
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:05 pm

MY DYING BRIDE should be the "house band" on every future UMC cruise.

I mean is there any reason why they wouldn't be asked back ???
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 pm

^

There arent that many bands id love to see every time but I agree with that one. No more gimping their set though! I dont mind Nightwish but im annoyed that I found out they dipped into a MDB set time :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

KevinP wrote:MY DYING BRIDE should be the "house band" on every future UMC cruise.

Seconded! UMC said no repeats on consecutive 70Ks, but B2H is not a 70K (captain obvious statement of the day, you're welcome), hint hint, Skip. If MDB were booked on B2H, that's just another reason to book that bitch now!
    2023 - Hypo & RC
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Ogre wrote:
    KevinP wrote:MY DYING BRIDE should be the "house band" on every future UMC cruise.

Seconded! UMC said no repeats on consecutive 70Ks, but B2H is not a 70K (captain obvious statement of the day, you're welcome), hint hint, Skip. If MDB were booked on B2H, that's just another reason to book that bitch now!

Id be pissed if they get announced for barge just because it falls on such an inconvenient time for me :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Well apparently Katakylsm were asked back. I didn't put MY DING BRIDE in my signature since I wanted to stress new bands not on previous cruises.

But if MDB were booked for Barge there would be no hesitation in booking immediately. They are the only band that has been on either cruise that would do that for!!!!!!

Maybe we should turn this thread into the "BOOK MY DYING BRIDE AGAIN, like NOW!!!!!!" campaign :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Aren't you going to MDF also Kevin?
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:07 pm

kjaxin wrote:Aren't you going to MDF also Kevin?

Yes but MDF doesn't have MDB. UMC needs to get MDB for the BTH like ASAP :lol: :headbanger: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 am

I may have to restructure my sig, because Vallenfyre would be an excellent addition to B2H!!!
    2023 - Hypo & RC
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Wishlisting isn't limited to bands, eh? Rolling Rock beer on B2H!!
    :heavydrink: :lol: :deathmetal:
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:36 pm

KevinP wrote:Well apparently Katakylsm were asked back. I didn't put MY DING BRIDE in my signature since I wanted to stress new bands not on previous cruises.

But if MDB were booked for Barge there would be no hesitation in booking immediately. They are the only band that has been on either cruise that would do that for!!!!!!

Maybe we should turn this thread into the "BOOK MY DYING BRIDE AGAIN, like NOW!!!!!!" campaign :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

then hopefully they wouldn't have to cut Crown of Sympathy from their set....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

The sooner UMC announces MDB the sooner I can pound Hamish with song requests :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 pm

KevinP wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

The sooner UMC announces MDB the sooner I can pound Hamish with song requests :lol:

hopefully he won't see me welling up with tears again from the stage - BUSTED! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    nikki1077
    Oiler

by nikki1077 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:56 am

I'd be totally cool with amon amarth and cannibal corpse being on barge to hell, just sayin. :headbanger:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:10 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

hopefully he won't see me welling up with tears again from the stage - BUSTED! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awe, I heard that you did that *CANADIAN HUG ATTACK* :pound:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 am

In my eyes this new cruise is a very bad idea. You should not split metal genre. The beauty of 70k was the metal diversity. Im fan of nightwish but also fans of My dying Bride or Dark Funeral so the fact that those band were together on a ship is like a dream come true. But splitting extreme metal to built own cruise is just a bad idea and will spilt the metal crowd. A 5 day 70K with a special extreme metal days would be better. Also people will have to split their money. when you are not living in the USA, this is a very exprensive exprience. 70k cost me abour 3500$ and ill not have another 3500$ to participate to Barge to hell.
    Last edited by ttiger on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

ttiger wrote:In my eyes this new cruise is a very bad idea. You should not split metal genre. The beauty of 70k was the metal diversity. Im fan of nightwish but also fans of My dying Bride or Dark Funeral so thie fact that those band weere to gether on a ship is like a dream come true. But splitting extreme metal to built own cruise is just a bad idea and will spilt the metal crowd. A 5 day 70K with a special extreme metal days would be better. Also people will have to split their money. when you are not living in the USA, this is a very exprensive exprience. 70k cost me abour 3500$ and ill not have another 3500$ to participate to Barge to hell.

Well I understand your concern. But UMC is a business and business economics (in their eyes) dictate there is $$$ to be made.

Since I have very little travel costs getting to the port as compared to most others, I'm all for it (at least on paper right now).
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Kampfar pleeaaaaseee
    And Rotting Christ!!!!
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

Juuno, too! She actually had to go sit down after the meet and greet, my little starstruck sweetheart, lol. She's an MDB fangirl, thru & thru. :D
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Ingrid wrote:Kampfar pleeaaaaseee
    And Rotting Christ!!!!

Those would be two fantastic bands right there. Then again, I'm kinda hoping the Barge lineup sucks for me so I don't feel bad about missing it, since I plan on just staying with the "traditional" 70K cruises for the forseeable future. Soooooo, Kampfar and Rotting Christ for 70K 2013!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ingrid wrote:Kampfar pleeaaaaseee
    And Rotting Christ!!!!

Those would be two fantastic bands right there. Then again, I'm kinda hoping the Barge lineup sucks for me so I don't feel bad about missing it, since I plan on just staying with the "traditional" 70K cruises for the forseeable future. Soooooo, Kampfar and Rotting Christ for 70K 2013!

Yeah, me too.......
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Yeah, I'm the same. Just hopeful that the sprinkle of heavy stuff might have something I like. At least I know that 70K will likely have a lineup that I'm happy about.

So now that we've got a lot of the mainstream power metal acts out of the way, hopefully we'll get to see some interesting smaller bands next year :beerwink:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1