Re: 70K 2012 PICS

by Rab » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 am

Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Rab wrote:Image

Any reasons for posting this pic from Uli and me? thx for it ...... :belly:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Cool photos, Rab! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 am

Lala wrote:

Any reasons for posting this pic from Uli and me? thx for it ...... :belly:

I posted it cause i reconized you both from the mini boat that took me to the island
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:58 am

We have to go back, Kate
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:40 am

Huh? was that meant for me? but I agree, we have to go back :mrgreen:
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Huh? was that meant for me? but I agree, we have to go back :mrgreen:

Haha, I was thinking that this might happen. It was actually aimed at fellow Lost fans. I think the guy in the picture looks so much like Jack from Lost, and "We have to go back, Kate" was one of his most famous lines.

We do need to go back though. Didn't get enough time to talk this year :bangers:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 am

Uncle Soda wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Huh? was that meant for me? but I agree, we have to go back :mrgreen:

Haha, I was thinking that this might happen. It was actually aimed at fellow Lost fans. I think the guy in the picture looks so much like Jack from Lost, and "We have to go back, Kate" was one of his most famous lines.

We do need to go back though. Didn't get enough time to talk this year :bangers:

Haha nice! actually, everytime I see his photo I also think he looks just like Jack on Lost. Cool to see someone else thinks so, too. And yup! we definitely didn't hang out nearly enough this year!
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Jeff Waters is not Matt Fox
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:10 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Jeff Waters is not Matt Fox

But there is definitely some resemblance :D
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 am

KDibildeaux wrote:

i see the resemblance and now i want to kick him for making me remember one of TV's greatest mistakes
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:21 am

Rab wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

i see the resemblance and now i want to kick him for making me remember one of TV's greatest mistakes

Greatest Mistakes? I loved Lost.

As for the resemblance, I can't unsee it now! Jeff Waters is ruined for me!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am

Never seen Lost but I saw pics of the two side by side and they look very similar.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 am

Dude the second they introduced the magical wizard who can make earthquakes when asking for help thats when you lost me. Im refering to the first time loche met jacob lets not forget the fact he was invisible too then lets not forget the magic wheel in the ice cavern of a tropical island that makes the island vanish out of thin air on top of the smoke monster who kills people for its own amusment coming from the cavern of gold and then there is the whole you have to come to the island on this baring otherwise you will be thrown back into 1977 and all will be making little to no sense
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Rab wrote:Dude the second they introduced the magical wizard who can make earthquakes when asking for help thats when you lost me. Im refering to the first time loche met jacob lets not forget the fact he was invisible too then lets not forget the magic wheel in the ice cavern of a tropical island that makes the island vanish out of thin air on top of the smoke monster who kills people for its own amusment coming from the cavern of gold and then there is the whole you have to come to the island on this baring otherwise you will be thrown back into 1977 and all will be making little to no sense

Pfft, it all made sense in the end :lol:
    Yeah, I can see why a lot of fans jumped off because the first season had that mystery feel to it and by the end it was basically a sci fi. I liked it start to finish though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 pm

I like to double post.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm

fail
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 pm

debborah1 wrote:fail

Damn!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:fail

Damn!

:beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Rab wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

What? I love that show!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Rab wrote:Dude the second they introduced the magical wizard who can make earthquakes when asking for help thats when you lost me. Im refering to the first time loche met jacob lets not forget the fact he was invisible too then lets not forget the magic wheel in the ice cavern of a tropical island that makes the island vanish out of thin air on top of the smoke monster who kills people for its own amusment coming from the cavern of gold and then there is the whole you have to come to the island on this baring otherwise you will be thrown back into 1977 and all will be making little to no sense

I'm convinced the writers were high 80% of the time :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Pfft, it all made sense in the end :lol:
    Yeah, I can see why a lot of fans jumped off because the first season had that mystery feel to it and by the end it was basically a sci fi. I liked it start to finish though.

So did I :D. Never missed an episode
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I liked Lost until the last 2 episodes. The last 2 episodes ruined the series for me
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:21 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I liked Lost until the last 2 episodes. The last 2 episodes ruined the series for me

Really? I mean, I had been hoping for more answers, but didn't mind it
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I liked Lost until the last 2 episodes. The last 2 episodes ruined the series for me

I thought it was the laziest, cheapest, most poorly thought out status quo appeasing lame duck ending possible.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

I thought it was the laziest, cheapest, most poorly thought out status quo appeasing lame duck ending possible.

I don't know if there could have written themselves out of all the stuff they wrote :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Really? I mean, I had been hoping for more answers, but didn't mind it

I don't know if there could have written themselves out of all the stuff they wrote :lol:

But... a 6th grader could have figured out THAT ending... it was a cop out

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 am

I thought it was a good ending. They pretty much explained everything to do with the island themselves. The way the story ended fit the show perfectly and it wasn't a cop out, they planned that all along. The whole theme of the show is that their souls are lost, not them physically. So at the end was when their souls were all found, except Ben who was still lost.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 am

Stained Class wrote:I thought it was a good ending. They pretty much explained everything to do with the island themselves. The way the story ended fit the show perfectly and it wasn't a cop out, they planned that all along. The whole theme of the show is that their souls are lost, not them physically. So at the end was when their souls were all found, except Ben who was still lost.

you're kidding, right? They didn't plan anything all along. They wrote week by week. Had things been planned all along there wouldn't have been so many loose ends and minor changes.
    Most notable to me: Smoke Monster ALWAYS was accompanied by this mechanical sound... until the last handful of episodes where that sound suddenly wasn't there just to retroactively fit it to the lazy writer's cop out.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I thought it was a good ending. They pretty much explained everything to do with the island themselves. The way the story ended fit the show perfectly and it wasn't a cop out, they planned that all along. The whole theme of the show is that their souls are lost, not them physically. So at the end was when their souls were all found, except Ben who was still lost.

you're kidding, right? They didn't plan anything all along. They wrote week by week. Had things been planned all along there wouldn't have been so many loose ends and minor changes.
    Most notable to me: Smoke Monster ALWAYS was accompanied by this mechanical sound... until the last handful of episodes where that sound suddenly wasn't there just to retroactively fit it to the lazy writer's cop out.

Dude, no. In season 3 and 4 the plot was starting to move slowly so the writers went to the producers and said they wanted to end it with 6 seasons. At that point every episode for the last 2 seasons was written. It was most definitely not week by week.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Dude, no. In season 3 and 4 the plot was starting to move slowly so the writers went to the producers and said they wanted to end it with 6 seasons. At that point every episode for the last 2 seasons was written. It was most definitely not week by week.

:roll:

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

The only thing they didn't explain that I want to know why is the polar bears. TELL ME!!!!! :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 am

KDibildeaux wrote:The only thing they didn't explain that I want to know why is the polar bears. TELL ME!!!!! :lol:

The polar bears were part of the research testing. Remember they had sharks that had the company logo on them? They were doing testing on a bunch of animals and using them as tests for teleportation, remember they found polar bear fossils in the desert near where locke wound up after he turned the island off? Why it was a polar bear I'm actually still not sure.

Edit:
    Also this http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Polar_bears
    Last edited by Stained Class on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 am

Next year I suggest a picture game. Who can get the most pictures of Sam and Troy passed out. However, you automatically win if you get one with them passed out next to each other.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 am

EXPLAIN WHY the smoke monster's mechanical noise stopped during the last season? No can do...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:EXPLAIN WHY the smoke monster's mechanical noise stopped during the last season? No can do...

The sound it makes was that of a cab receipt printer in new york (you hear that exact same noise from an actual cab at another point in the series) which made it seem familiar to certain members of the group, specifically those from new york. It wasn't a mechanical being it just made that noise to trick them (and the viewers) into something seemingly familiar. In the last season we find out that the smoke monster was "the man in black" and that was the exact time when it stopped making that noise. At that point it no longer had a reason to deceive anyone, it just goes around fucking shit up. That's also symbolic because at that point we find out that it has a soul, rather than just being a machine or automation of some sort. So the sounds accompany the viewers perspective and relative knowledge of the smoke monster.

That's the best I could come up with.

Edit: you are right that at the beginning they had no idea what the smoke monster was actually going to be, but they were not going week by week. Like I said, the last 2 seasons were written after 4. So up until the end of 4 the writers had no idea what it was either. So you are sort of right ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

How ironic!!!.....thats exactly what I told my date last night! ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 am

OH SNAP!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 am

Did Debb just invoke Rule 34 (sorta)?!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:EXPLAIN WHY the smoke monster's mechanical noise stopped during the last season? No can do...

The sound it makes was that of a cab receipt printer in new york (you hear that exact same noise from an actual cab at another point in the series) which made it seem familiar to certain members of the group, specifically those from new york. It wasn't a mechanical being it just made that noise to trick them (and the viewers) into something seemingly familiar. In the last season we find out that the smoke monster was "the man in black" and that was the exact time when it stopped making that noise. At that point it no longer had a reason to deceive anyone, it just goes around fucking shit up. That's also symbolic because at that point we find out that it has a soul, rather than just being a machine or automation of some sort. So the sounds accompany the viewers perspective and relative knowledge of the smoke monster.

That's the best I could come up with.

Edit: you are right that at the beginning they had no idea what the smoke monster was actually going to be, but they were not going week by week. Like I said, the last 2 seasons were written after 4. So up until the end of 4 the writers had no idea what it was either. So you are sort of right ;)

explanations like that make me think of born again christians trying to justify their faith.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
Post Reply 412 posts