Gama Bomb
    Striker
    ACCEPT!!!
    Demons and Wizards!!
    Sacred Reich!
    Dekapitator/Exhumed
    Hobbs' Angel of Death
    Into Eternity
    Zimmers Hole (would be HILARIOUS on board!!)
    Pentagram (hopefully they rebook!)
    Razor!
    RIGOR MORTIS!
    Heathen
    Hail of Bullets/Asphyx

one repeat - BLIND GUARDIAN! They should be the house band!

The number one bad I know would never get added but I would probably DIE if they did - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?

Wow, I'm with you on almost all of those. We are brothers of the same cloth. Have you ever seen Dekapitator before? Man, I'd love to see them again. Great band. Hobb's Angel of Death, Artillery, Flotz, and Razor would be a fucking wet dream come true. I would love to see Rigor Mortis and Heathen again. Good calls. :bangers:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 2013 Wishlists

by Evican » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:01 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Statsman... your compiled list has a disheartening lack of Ne Obliviscaris :cry:

I will add them to my list. They are great live!

Alex Fields wrote:Disturbed

Invective wrote:Bloodbath
    Into Eternity

HELL YES. :headbanger:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Evican wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Statsman... your compiled list has a disheartening lack of Ne Obliviscaris :cry:

I will add them to my list. They are great live!

you've seen them... my jealousy of you in this matter is of incredibly high levels
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 am

ÆON wrote:My [partial] 70000 Tons 2013 wishlist, in no particular order:

Black Majesty (they alone would get me on that boat!)
    Falconer
    Demons & Wizards (not likely, I know)
    Enslaved
    Pandaemonium (Italy)
    Megadeth
    Dream Theater
    Morbid Angel
    Rhapsody
    Deathspell Omega
    Wolf
    Carcass
    Bolt Thrower
    Bal Sagoth
    Hypocrisy
    Opeth
    Helloween
    Agalloch
    Solitude Aeturnus
    Kreator
    Razor
    Hate
    Destroyer 666
    Judas Priest
    Symphony X
    Epoch of Unlight (even though their last record was something like 7 years ago)
    Desaster
    Jag Panzer (re-unite?)
    Immolation

And I have one repeat from 2011:

BLIND GUARDIAN!!
    Again and again, Blind Guardian!

Tom, I'm very surprised how much your list doesn't suck. :D I think you threw some of your names on there just to please me. :mrgreen: Where's your other ten bands?
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • ÆON
    Wiper

by ÆON » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Tom, I'm very surprised how much your list doesn't suck. :D I think you threw some of your names on there just to please me. :mrgreen: Where's your other ten bands?

Har har. Don't flatter yourself; I love all those bands! :P Some I have seen, many I haven't.
    I wasn't really counting when I made my first list, but I can definitely think of a few more. For example (as I've already pointed out), Vintersorg should have been near the top... I just somehow forgot to type it. Many of the bands that come to mind are either not around anymore or they aren't known well enough to make it onto 70K. Or they've already played it. Or they USED to be good, but suck nowadays.

Anyway, here are some additions I can't believe I didn't think of before:

Midnattsol
    Ancient Bards
    Astriaal
    Pyramaze (they've already been mentioned)

... There was another really obvious one that I was going to type, and now I can't remember what it was for the life of me. It's driving me crazy.
    My brain is not working today. :gulp:
    MORE POWER METAL :shred:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:56 am

i can't quite remember the whole conversation, but on the last night we encounterd andy.
    so, naturely i asked him if had booked heidevolk for the next cruise yet.
    he smiled; perhaps, he said, we have a very long list.
    which makes me think that there will be NO repeats of 2012 AND 2011

but i do hope andy brings heidevolk along.

wendy is doubting if the she will abroad in 2013. there will have to be a better line up for her. (and a bit for me as well)
    so if only heidevolk is announced i'm gonna nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag till we are abroad.

or perpaps i'm going solo in 2013... but we are a loooooooooooong way from that yet.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:so if only heidevolk is announced i'm gonna nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag till we are abroad.

Isn't that typically the "woman's job"? :lol:

You are one of the people that I am saddest that I probably won't see next year :cry: :cry: :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Melisandre
    Oiler

by Melisandre » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:06 am

I would love to see Heidevolk
    AHAB / Primordial / Prong / Shape of Despair
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:so if only heidevolk is announced i'm gonna nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag till we are abroad.

You are one of the people that I am saddest that I probably won't see next year :cry: :cry: :cry:

usually it is :lol:

i'll miss you to i'm really gonna miss you to

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

usually it is :lol:

i'll miss you to i'm really gonna miss you to

You are lucky Wendy doesn't post here. :lol: :oops: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KaiIsTheKing
    Wiper

by KaiIsTheKing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 am

I would like:

Heavy metal:
    Accept
    Running Wild
    Sabaton
    Unisonic
    Saxon
    Gamma Ray

Hard rock/Glam:
    The Poodles
    Wig Wam
    Crazy Lixx
    Treat
    Crashdiet
    Reckless Love

Trash/Speed/Others:
    Motorhead
    Evile
    Trivium
    Ministry
    Children of Bodom
    Kreator

Special guest playing eveyday:
    Avantasia
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:13 - Helloween, Immortal, Kreator
    12 - King Diamond/Merciful Fate
    11 - Accept, Hypocrisy, Running Wild
    09 - Arkona
    08 - Opeth, Symphony X, Turisas, Powerwolf
    07 - Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Kalmah, Within Temptation
    06 - Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend/SYL, Madder Mortem, UneXpect, Heidevolk
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Equillibrium, Falconer, Insomnium, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rhapsody of Fire, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh, W.A.S.P.

This list is more than acceptable. Send it over to Andy and tell him to get to work.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:50 pm

KevinP wrote:You are lucky Wendy doesn't post here. :lol: :oops: :lol:

why? you one of the people i'm also really gonna miss so...

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

*UPDATED*

The dragonlord will be pleased - Motorhead are now on thie list :beerbang:

14 - Kreator, Helloween
    13 - King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Immortal, Running Wild, Accept
    11 - Hypocrisy
    10 - Arkona
    09 - Symphony X, Turisas, Powerwolf, Kalmah
    08 - Opeth
    07 - Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend/SYL, Madder Mortem, Heidevolk, Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Within Temptation
    06 - Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Equillibrium, Falconer, Rhapsody of Fire, UneXpect, W.A.S.P.
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Avantasia, Insomnium, Motorhead, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh

Oh and Hodgy - I have sent the list to Andy ;) :beerbang:
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 pm

MADDER MORTEM at 7. Well smack my ass and rub some Vegemite on it :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:you've seen them... my jealousy of you in this matter is of incredibly high levels

Affirmative! I saw them very early on about three or more years ago before they had a few line-up changes. Looking forward to seeing them again soon with the new guitarist.
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Evican wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:you've seen them... my jealousy of you in this matter is of incredibly high levels

Affirmative! I saw them very early on about three or more years ago before they had a few line-up changes. Looking forward to seeing them again soon with the new guitarist.

ya lucky bum!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm

gnoff wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    OOOOHHH NOOOO! you might become controlled by aliens after such an ordeal! Gnoff Tägtgren!

I'll do some probing then, hahaha

Svensk-Creep Machine in full effect!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:54 am

ATTENTION SYMPHONY X FANS
    I spoke with Michael Lepond last night and he says that the reason Symphony X turned down the cruise is NOT because a member was too shy blah blah blah, it is because the cruise was too close to the Iced Earth tour and they couldn't swing it. He said they would love to play it last year. There is a solid chance we'll get them next year!! Andy!!! Make it happen!!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 am

Stained Class wrote:ATTENTION SYMPHONY X FANS
    I spoke with Michael Lepond last night and he says that the reason Symphony X turned down the cruise is NOT because a member was too shy blah blah blah, it is because the cruise was too close to the Iced Earth tour and they couldn't swing it. He said they would love to play it last year. There is a solid chance we'll get them next year!! Andy!!! Make it happen!!!

Yes!!!!! Andy, please, please, please do Symphony X for 70K 2013
    I should get around to updating my signature
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:58 am

Stained Class wrote:ATTENTION SYMPHONY X FANS

Yes Andy make this happen NOW!!!!
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:08 am

I mean, I'm sure Andy will. I think it's more an issue over whether or not it'll work out for the band schedule wise.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 am

Stained Class wrote:I mean, I'm sure Andy will. I think it's more an issue over whether or not it'll work out for the band schedule wise.

well, the band should have the appropriate priorities...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I mean, I'm sure Andy will. I think it's more an issue over whether or not it'll work out for the band schedule wise.

well, the band should have the appropriate priorities...

Yeah, I mean what's more important than being on the cruise? Money? Fuck money.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Stained Class wrote:Yeah, I mean what's more important than being on the cruise? Money? Fuck money.

This.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:10 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Evican wrote:

ya lucky bum!

:cheers:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Okay, I'm doing a legitimate 40-band list.

No repeats makes it difficult, but I figure of 40 (42) bands, there'll be about 28 I actually want to see, so I'm keeping it realistic.

And I loooooooove Bal-Sagoth, but I'll add another one to the 'They suck live and it ruins their mystique when you see them'. No desire to see them in person; keeping them off my list.
    Also keeping Primordial off my list because apparently Alan is a dick (unless that was another awesome troll attempt by metalwrath). Keeping a few others off my list because I don't like their new lineups.

My three tiers don't necessarily reflect where I think they should play -- I've said many times the Spectrum is my favorite venue -- but just how relatively "big" each band is IMO. Feel free to correct me, I may be overestimating/underestimating the popularity of some of these bands.
    FWIW, my two headliners would be Powerwolf and Skiltron :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Mega-Big Collabs That Can't Happen:
    1. Ania (playing 'Days of Rising Doom' in full)
    2. Ayreon (playing 'The Universal Migrator: Part II' and 'The Human Equation' in full with all guests)

Possible Headliners
    3. Avantasia (with full line-up)
    4. Helloween

Spectrum Bands
    5. Circus Maximus
    6. Dalriada
    7. Dragonland
    8. InnerWish
    9. Månegarm
    10. Metsatoll
    11. Nekrogoblikon
    12. Powerglove
    13. Skiltron
    14. Svartby
    15. Svartsot
    Bonus Band: Heralds of the Sword, Jahmbi (two local CA bands; both of these guys are killer live and have a fan base of less than 100, kind of like Diamond Plate/Megora, amirite?)

Pool Deck Bands
    16. Borknagar
    17. Falconer
    18. Falkenbach
    19. Heidevolk
    20. Holy Grail
    21. Insomnium
    22. Melechesh
    23. Van Canto

Chorus Line Bands
    24. Powerwolf
    25. Skyclad
    26. Symphony X (third headliner?)
    27. Turisas
    28. Wintersun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Updated - already had your votes for Powerwolf and Skiltron :)

Also couldn't believe that from over 1,000 'votes' so far, your's were the first votes for Ayreon, Circus Maximus and Powerglove :|

15 - Helloween
    14 - Kreator
    13 - Accept, Immortal, King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Running Wild
    11 - Hypocrisy
    10 - Arkona, Symphony X, Turisas
    09 - Kalmah, Powerwolf
    08 - Heidevolk, Opeth
    07 - Arch Enemy, Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend, Enslaved, Falconer, Heathen, Madder Mortem, Within Temptation
    06 - Avantasia, Demons and wizards, Dethklok, Equilibrium, Insomnium, Rhapsody of Fire, UneXpect, W.A.S.P.
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Motorhead, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh, Wintersun
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:10 am

LET'S GET MADDER MORTEM INTO DOUBLE DIGITS.

And if we have to lie about it, so be it. :lol:

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTyf1EQQGWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ryoQvBjDMU

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:28 am

KevinP wrote:LET'S GET MADDER MORTEM INTO DOUBLE DIGITS.

And if we have to lie about it, so be it. :lol:

*whispers* Will gladly accept bribes to falsify figures
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:30 am

I'll gladly give a vote to Madder Mortem if I can give a minus (preferably -∞) vote to Arkona. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:42 am

Memnoch wrote:I'll gladly give a vote to Madder Mortem if I can give a minus (preferably -∞) vote to Arkona. :lol:

For someone so utterly obsessed with "girlie metal", you somehow miss the boat on the 2 best bands with female vocalists ? Strange indeed. No Jippii :twisted:

And I'm willing to sacrifice Masha at this point (since I've seen them live) if it means getting some MM :headbanger:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 am

Ecliptica wrote:Okay, I'm doing a legitimate 40-band list.

No repeats makes it difficult, but I figure of 40 (42) bands, there'll be about 28 I actually want to see, so I'm keeping it realistic.

And I loooooooove Bal-Sagoth, but I'll add another one to the 'They suck live and it ruins their mystique when you see them'. No desire to see them in person; keeping them off my list.
    Also keeping Primordial off my list because apparently Alan is a dick (unless that was another awesome troll attempt by metalwrath). Keeping a few others off my list because I don't like their new lineups.

My three tiers don't necessarily reflect where I think they should play -- I've said many times the Spectrum is my favorite venue -- but just how relatively "big" each band is IMO. Feel free to correct me, I may be overestimating/underestimating the popularity of some of these bands.
    FWIW, my two headliners would be Powerwolf and Skiltron :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Mega-Big Collabs That Can't Happen:
    1. Ania (playing 'Days of Rising Doom' in full)
    2. Ayreon (playing 'The Universal Migrator: Part II' and 'The Human Equation' in full with all guests)

Possible Headliners
    3. Avantasia (with full line-up)
    4. Helloween

Spectrum Bands
    5. Circus Maximus
    6. Dalriada
    7. Dragonland
    8. InnerWish
    9. Månegarm
    10. Metsatoll
    11. Nekrogoblikon
    12. Powerglove
    13. Skiltron
    14. Svartby
    15. Svartsot
    Bonus Band: Heralds of the Sword, Jahmbi (two local CA bands; both of these guys are killer live and have a fan base of less than 100, kind of like Diamond Plate/Megora, amirite?)

Pool Deck Bands
    16. Borknagar
    17. Falconer
    18. Falkenbach
    19. Heidevolk
    20. Holy Grail
    21. Insomnium
    22. Melechesh
    23. Van Canto

Chorus Line Bands
    24. Powerwolf
    25. Skyclad
    26. Symphony X (third headliner?)
    27. Turisas
    28. Wintersun

i would be perfectly happy with this.......

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:Okay, I'm doing a legitimate 40-band list.

i would be perfectly happy with this.......

+1
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd be a bit too happy with that list I think. Wouldn't have much time for anything else :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:55 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'd be a bit too happy with that list I think. Wouldn't have much time for anything else :lol:

there's no way i'd go to that one, LOL
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:04 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I'd be a bit too happy with that list I think. Wouldn't have much time for anything else :lol:

It would be a pretty 'standard' 70k for me :) Inasmuch as there are several 'bands-I'm-dying-to-see-live' (Van Canto, Avantasia, Powerwolf, Aina), a few try-and-see-twice (Ayreon, Circus Maximus, Dragonland, Powerglove, Falconer, Heidevolk, Holy Grail, Symphony X), a can-never-see-enough-of (Helloween), and a few I've never heard of but would probably end up liking :)

Would definitely attend :D

Oh, and that "ANIA" threw me. Only just now noticed the "playing Days of Rising Doom in full" bit.

Ecliptica meant AINA :lol: . I would fucking love that *adds my vote*
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:33 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

Yeah, me neither :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Michael D. wrote:My list begins.
    Accept
    Anvil
    Apocalyptica
    Arkona
    Avantasia
    Krokus
    Immortal
    Rage Against the Machine
    Opeth
    Scorpions
    TOOL
    Within Temptation

Yes, I am really quoting myself. LOL

Amending my list to include
    Above Symmetry
    Amaranthe
    Dark Moor
    Dream Theatre
    Gackt
    Hairball \m/ Just for entertainment value.
    Joan Jett
    Kingcrow
    Lanfear
    Mystic Prophecy
    Primordial
    Poisenblack
    Queensryche
    Serenity
    Solution .45
    Symphony X
    The 69 Eyes
    Vanden Plas
    Up to 31 bands and no repeats. :cheers:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Oh, and that "ANIA" threw me. Only just now noticed the "playing Days of Rising Doom in full" bit.

Ecliptica meant AINA :lol: . I would fucking love that *adds my vote*

I pride myself on my spelling and grammar. This is a travesty.

Aina is, in my opinion, the best big group collab thingy that's ever been done in metal. Better than Folkearth, better than Avantasia, better than Star One and any of Lucassen's projects, etc.
Post Reply 715 posts